First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

About a month ago I had a connecting flight in Charlotte, and the Rice women's team was walking ahead of me. I was in a hurry and they were taking their sweet time and blocking the entire walkway.

There was his one tall blond girl, tallest woman I have every seen. Was that Mulkey?

Some guy behind me blurts out "That girl is going to bump her head on the ceiling!" and his wife was "shushing" him and elbowing him in the ribs.
    use to be brunette, but I would image if she was 6'9 yes...her.

Comment

Sherri had her chance for glory with the Paris twins and couldn't climb the mountain and except for the run when Abi came alive it has been a downward slope.
      Either she goes or OU has continued mediocrity for the women's basketball program.
      Is she off her rocker or does she think she is going to pass on her job to Colton?

Comment

Getting destroyed by TT in the B12 tourney.

Team will finish 8-22.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerSean View Post
          Getting destroyed by TT in the B12 tourney.

Team will finish 8-22.
          8-22. jfc

Comment

She runs a clean program, give her a raise.

Comment

Coale said this team was closer to success than it appeared on the surface.

“There are things that come unraveled because there’s just one slip here or there or just an understanding but an inability to apply an understanding yet,” Coale said. “It turns out and it looks ugly when you look at that score … but we’re not that far away.”
              Not that far away. This team will have NO seniors next year. Not one. The team was pushed around all season. No one is going to suddenly grow 7-10” and measure up to Baylor. She’s kidding herself. And, if it’s like previous seaons, she’ll have a transfer or two and lose some of the current squad.

Comment

She has 2 full seasons left on her contract....
                Due to OU money issues unless there is a donor is willing to help buy her out.... my bet is that she will be coaching OU for 2 more seasons...

It’s really very hard to see an acceptable turnaround in the cards without a head coaching change.

'Everyone I know but 2 persons have stopped going to her games. There will be even less fans next season.
                I’m not going to be shocked if we don’t see more players leaving the program

Comment

She will have more than two years left on her contract when they extend her in June.

OU coach Sherri Coale lamented her team’s youth, lack of size and ability to defend.

Brewer, a 6-foot-5 junior, took advantage of all three.
                  What’s the plan to address the lack of size next season? Again - no one is suddenly growing. But after multiple games the issue was said to be a lack of size and height. That’s not changing.

Hopefully Gregory can come in and make an impact right away.

Comment

She should have been fired after messing the Paris sisters talent at OU more than 10 years ago . Seems she is clever in politics and brown nosing . Gallogly will probably look at the KPIs of OU women basketball and realize there is a big red financial flag . Her contract is strange and makes things difficult . 2 years left ? Someone will have to cover this up .

Comment

Since I don't live in OK and the team is almost never on TV, I need to ask a much more important question than if she has retired on the job, how are her cans looking these days? Still large and in charge?

Comment

Originally posted by Basel90 View Post
                        She should have been fired after messing the Paris sisters talent at OU more than 10 years ago . Seems she is clever in politics and brown nosing . Gallogly will probably look at the KPIs of OU women basketball and realize there is a big red financial flag . Her contract is strange and makes things difficult . 2 years left ? Someone will have to cover this up .
                        Aren't the athletic department financials independent of the university's financials? Isn't the athletic department operating in the black?

What is strange about her contract?
                        Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Comment

One issue seems to be that incoming recruits might bail if she is fired. If OU waits 1 more season and then dumps her, those same players can leave and it looks NCAA women's transfer rules let you play right away and not sit out so they could leave anyway.
                          Why postpone this misery.?

Comment

Joe C (I think it’s linked above) has said Coale is more than just a basketball coach.

“Her value to our university and the state of Oklahoma is far more important than the salary that she receives,” Castiglione said. “We are very mindful of how salary decisions are made, and we’ve been very competitive with our salaries we’ve offered for all of our highly successful coaches.

“She’s been and continues to be one of the top head coaches in women’s basketball today. Sherri’s loyalty to the University of Oklahoma in unquestioned. We know she wants to remain an Oklahoman but could have easily been a lot of other places.
                            They lean on her for fundraising and cheerleading. I don’t know that he even looks at her record but it is something he’s going to have to consider. She makes more than Gasso and has nothing close to Gasso’s success and I’m not sure, at this point, that Gasso’s squad doesn’t enjoy more success at the ticket window too. Yes the softball field holds less - but it’s sold out for every game and has an expansion on the horizon.

OU needs to flip the script and bring in someone that can generate some buzz and get us on track to compete for league titles again and maybe the butts will get back in the seats.

I get that there is apathy regarding basketball in general and certainly for WBB at OU. But it doesn’t help that the program under performs and the HC makes well over $1 million per year on a multi-year contract.

Comment

She will have more than two years left on her contract when they extend her in June.

What’s the plan to address the lack of size next season? Again - no one is suddenly growing. But after multiple games the issue was said to be a lack of size and height. That’s not changing.

Hopefully Gregory can come in and make an impact right away.
                              I'm friends with Gabby. She ran Holland Hall's girls team and made them good.

Comment

another transfer out.
                                https://newsok.com/article/5625538/o...ransfer-monday

Comment

Looks like she is doing a good job of leaving the program the way she found it. Sad,you would think that if she cared for the university at all she would retire. I’m sure they could find her a cushy little assistant to the athletic director job for her or something.

Comment

Originally posted by thefranchise17 View Post
                                    From B12 Freshman of the Year to gone after a soph season that saw her get very little playing time.

Comment

Mulkey finds success after transferring...

DALLAS – Just a day after three players earned All-C-USA Team accolades, two more Owls picked up individual honors from the conference office as announced Tuesday morning, with Nancy Mulkeybeing named C-USA Defensive Player of the Year and Lauren Grigsby earning the Sixth Player of the Year award.

Mulkey joins Jessica Kuster (2013) as the only Owls to be named C-USA Defensive Player of the Year while Grigsby becomes the first player in program history to be named Sixth Player of the Year.

Comment

Coale has given the boot to DeCosta and Thrailkill. Her son keeps his job.

NORMANOklahoma head women's basketball coach Sherri Coale announced the departure of assistant coaches Pam DeCosta and Chad Thrailkill on Tuesday. DeCosta and Thrailkill indicated they will seek new opportunities away from basketball.

"I want to thank Pam and Chad for their dedicated service to our program. I have been honored to have them play a vital role in our program and they have both been an integral part in our sustained success over the last 23 years,” Coale said. “Pam helped lay the foundation for our run of 19 consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances by recruiting a program-defining player like Stacey Dales. Chad has been a part of my basketball family for the past 21 seasons at Oklahoma and Norman High and his commitment to our team has helped countless student-athletes succeed in life as well as on the court.

“Again, I want to express my gratitude for their dedicated effort to our team during their time at OU and I'm truly grateful for their impact. We all wish them the best in their future endeavors."

DeCosta served as an assistant coach with the Sooners from 1996-98 and returned to Norman prior to the 2011-12 season.

"I want to thank Sherri Coale for giving me the opportunity to coach at the University of Oklahoma on two different occasions,” DeCosta said. “It has been an honor to see this program be built from the ground up and to have been a part of such a long period of sustained success. I’m grateful for having the chance to work with many great players during my time along with our staff and administration at OU. I look forward to seeking new opportunities outside the game of basketball.”

Thrailkill joined OU's staff during the 2002-03 season as the director of operations and was elevated to assistant coach before the 2004-05 season.

"I’ve enjoyed every moment of my 16 seasons at the University of Oklahoma," Thrailkill stated. “I’ve had the fortune to work with Sherri Coale for over 20 years and my family and I are thankful for the opportunity she has given me to be a part of the Sooner Family. I want to say thank you to all of our players, past and present, for their commitment to our program.”

A search will begin immediately to fill both positions.

Comment

Maybe they got smart and decided to get off a sinking ship. I am not surprised.Our players that transferred out usually end up on someone else’s all conference team. That should be an indication that the environment must be toxic. It’s sad to think that Patty would let things get this bad.

Comment

From B12 Freshman of the Year to gone after a soph season that saw her get very little playing time.
                                            Yeah that was a strange one. Pellington seems to have gotten into Sherri's doghouse and she really regressed as the season went on.

I'm done defending Sherri.

Comment

OU WBB is officially a dumpster fire. If someone would've told me back in 2000 that a Sherri Coale lead OU team would finish 8-22....I would've bet my house against it. Time to burn it down and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by gratefulRed View Post
                                                OU WBB is officially a dumpster fire. If someone would've told me back in 2000 that a Sherri Coale lead OU team would finish 8-22....I would've bet my house against it. Time to burn it down and start over.
                                                Sure seems that way.

Comment

This sounds like an effort to hang on to her $1M job a few more year--trying to develop false hope (but of course she kept Colton). Sherri needs to get off her arse and recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post

Speaking of conference titles, Rice just clinched the Conference USA title with a 59-47 victory over North Texas. They were lead by former OU player Nancy Mulkey, who scored 24 points on 10 of 15 shooting. They are a top 25 team with 16 straight wins. Arkansas is lead by former OU player Chelsea Dungee, who is averaging 19 points a game for a 17 win team. OU, I believe, has yet to reach the double digit win level. So not only does Sherri struggle in recruiting, she also struggles to keep some of her better players on the team./
                                                    Add Shaina Pellington to the transfer list, according to today's Daily Oklahoman. Also, coaches Pam DeCosta and Chad Thrailkill are leaving. In response, I will bet that Joe Castiglione gives Sherri a raise.

Comment

It’s so fucking ridiculous that Joe C has allowed the program to be held hostage by Sherri Coale. It’s also disgusting that Sherri has allowed the program to tank and she refuses to step aside.

She should resign for the good of everyone. It pisses me off that she’s turned into a lazy greedy bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post

Add Shaina Pellington to the transfer list, according to today's Daily Oklahoman. Also, coaches Pam DeCosta and Chad Thrailkill are leaving. In response, I will bet that Joe Castiglione gives Sherri a raise.
                                                        They announced Pellington’s transfer on Monday. She and Coale clearly had a falling out given how little she played this season (particularly late in the year).

Comment

They announced Pellington’s transfer on Monday. She and Coale clearly had a falling out given how little she played this season (particularly late in the year).
                                                          Freshman of the year? Don't need her.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

Freshman of the year? Don't need her.
                                                            I don't think Sherri needs players at all.

Comment

Nods approvingly.

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                                She has 2 full seasons left on her contract....
                                                                Due to OU money issues unless there is a donor is willing to help buy her out.... my bet is that she will be coaching OU for 2 more seasons...

It’s really very hard to see an acceptable turnaround in the cards without a head coaching change.

'Everyone I know but 2 persons have stopped going to her games. There will be even less fans next season.
                                                                I’m not going to be shocked if we don’t see more players leaving the program
                                                                It’s only 1.1 mil a year? We just shelled out 1.5 for a Football DC. And supposedly we got a deal and zero Financing for 72 months.

Comment

Maybe she just wanted to get home to watch the tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
                                                                    Maybe she just wanted to get home to watch the tournament?
                                                                    Then if she's watching the teams left I wonder if she can see why her team sucks.

Comment

Sherrie and Colton are the Laural and Hardy of NCAA basketball coaches. Just a big joke.

Comment

The women’s program is dead until she’s gone. Apparently, that’s at least another 2 years. Look away.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                                          The women’s program is dead until she’s gone. Apparently, that’s at least another 2 years. Look away.
                                                                          Even a school like MOST has a bunch of good sized, athletic girls. Things do need to change.

Comment

I just hope she gets some new jeans before they fire her. Evidently she can’t afford any new clothes.

Comment

Her refusal to consider finding transfers - while losing players left and right - is inexcusable. She even admitted not going that route on purpose.

I made choices not to go out and get a quick, late fix,” Coale said. “It’s all about seeking the necessary and needed parts.
                                                                              https://newsok.com/article/5627277/o...-to-high-level

Comment

She is going to pull a Boren a draw a paycheck for 10 years.

Comment

Her refusal to consider finding transfers - while losing players left and right - is inexcusable. She even admitted not going that route on purpose.

At some point OU will seek the needed and necessary Coach

Comment

Take some time tonight and watch Baylor. Then watch one of our games. One of these things is not like the other.

Comment

She’s a dinosaur. The game passed her by 5 years ago and her refusal to adapt leaves us with this shit show.

Comment

MY GAWD! How is it possible for any crimson blooded OU fan to pick a favorite for women's basketball championship between the deeply despised domer and the SKELETOR lead Baylor??? These 2 are the absolutely worst 2 to have in the finals, among all the actual challengers!

Comment

Originally posted by TaimenHuchen View Post
                                                                                          MY GAWD! How is it possible for any crimson blooded OU fan to pick a favorite for women's basketball championship between the deeply despised domer and the SKELETOR lead Baylor??? These 2 are the absolutely worst 2 to have in the finals, among all the actual challengers!
                                                                                          No one gives two shits about the women's tournament.

Comment

Sure they do. I do.

For anyone that watched the 2 games on Friday can you name one OU player that would have seen the court?

Comment

Since our women's team has gone down so much, it's hard to argue against that. I still think the finals this year is a matchup made by the beast.

Comment

Baylor is beating ND at every position. Hate that BU could win another one but it’s not like we’re going to be competing for one anytime soon.

Comment

ND deserved to lose. You can’t miss FT’s in the crunch and miss layup after layup and win a national title.

Best player on your team clangs the first FT when you’re down two and then makes the second one when she had to miss. WTF?!?!?

Comment

Motherfucker. Can’t stand that butch bitch at Baylor. Fuck you

Comment

Baylor's coach just won a national championship. Our coach cannot guide her team to a double digit win total in a season. Again, Joe C will probably give Sherri a raise.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1