Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Official OKC Thunder 2021-22 Thread***

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ***Official OKC Thunder 2021-22 Thread***

    Our fighting thunders get pre-season started tonight against charlotte. Let's all get excited and see if we can get SoonerVikeThunder back this season.

    #2
    I was able to get floor seats last night . This was the worst performance by a home basketball team that I have ever seen in my life on any level. We have one player that could start for another NBA team SGA and Dort would be an off the bench player on another NBA team. So we have one and a half starters compared to other NBA teams. Charlotte was the 22nd ranked team out of 30 in the NBA. We could set the record for losses. potentially set the record for losses.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Omega Man View Post
      I was able to get floor seats last night . This was the worst performance by a home basketball team that I have ever seen in my life on any level. We have one player that could start for another NBA team SGA and Dort would be an off the bench player on another NBA team. So we have one and a half starters compared to other NBA teams. Charlotte was the 22nd ranked team out of 30 in the NBA. We could set the record for losses. potentially set the record for losses.
      I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad? I know that as busy as I am every evening, right now is a good time for the Thunder to suck balls. I'd appreciate when my kids are older and out of the house that the Thunder go back to winning though. Sounds like that's about the time line.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by keef View Post

        I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad? I know that as busy as I am every evening, right now is a good time for the Thunder to suck balls. I'd appreciate when my kids are older and out of the house that the Thunder go back to winning though. Sounds like that's about the time line.
        I'm predicting 15 wins for this season. What is your number? Weren't you right on last season?
        Live Free or Die!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

          I'm predicting 15 wins for this season. What is your number? Weren't you right on last season?
          I picked 21 wins last season and they ended with 22. And I posted that I was debating whether they'd win 21 or 22 during last years preseason. I didn't see them winning that last one against the Clippers.

          The year before I was also the closest. So you all suck and I don't until proven otherwise.

          And I'll be waiting until later in the preseason to give my pick. Gotta build the excitement up. ChpThril doesn't pay me to just give away advice without getting clicks first.

          Comment


            #6
            Wasn't able to watch but saw plenty of clips of Giddey making sweet passes to somebody who either bricked or blew a layup.

            Is it gonna be like that this year?

            Comment


              #7
              I hate you Sam Presti. I really fucking hate you and how you’ve turned this one proud franchise into a loser. I can’t even tolerate seeing you on tv. It’s the ultimate gag reflex.

              Comment


                #8
                Woof. What little I've seen of this game tonight, and preseason...just bad. 18 wins and I think that's optimistic.

                First home game is Sunday. Hrm.

                Comment


                  #9
                  To truly appreciate how bad this team is - when the second unit is in.

                  Would that group even win a G League championship?

                  I like Giddey though.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I’m going with 16 wins this season for the thunders.

                    Go Sixers!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      15 wins.

                      #Presti'd

                      Comment


                        #12
                        The dream of 0-82 is still alive.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Welp, I’m going to watch this team on league pass this year but it’s going to be tough.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            The dream of not watching a single minute is still
                            alive here.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by keef View Post
                              The dream of not watching a single minute is still
                              alive here.
                              Meh, everyone knew what this season would be.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Everest View Post

                                Meh, everyone knew what this season would be.
                                Yeah. And I’ll watch eventually. Probably around Xmas time.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by keef View Post

                                  Yeah. And I’ll watch eventually. Probably around Xmas time.
                                  As long as we are losing to the other bottom dwellers this season I’m happy. Gonna be rough though, but the way the league is structured it has to happen.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    My expert analysis of watching a a quarter and a half of the first two games, holy hell.

                                    To say this team is tanking would be a compliment. This team is a Mariana Trench submarine.

                                    Shai needs to be traded whenever possible. He is wasted on this god forsaken team.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Is the apathy for the Thunder in this forum the same as the apathy for the team in OKC?

                                      Thunder up

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by Elroy View Post
                                        My expert analysis of watching a a quarter and a half of the first two games, holy hell.

                                        To say this team is tanking would be a compliment. This team is a Mariana Trench submarine.

                                        Shai needs to be traded whenever possible. He is wasted on this god forsaken team.
                                        My daughter wants to go to the Lakers game on Wed. *sigh*

                                        I don't get why we didn't move SGA if we were going to continue down this path. I understand that is a discussion that's moot now. He shouldn't be part of this shit, as much as it hurts me to say, he should be with a team that's gonna try to win games at least. Presti screwed up this window I think, last off-season was the time to push all chips in, instead he pushed them further down the road, while extending SGA.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          0fer is still alive!

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            It really burns that the Thunder could have drafted Mobley and Giddey.

                                            The lotto really fucked us.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Realistically, what's the first win? Sacramento? Houston? Definitely nothing over the next five games, right?

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Sam Presti fucking sucks. 15 wins is what we have to look forward followed by drafting some sh*tty scrub who’ll never amount to anything.FuSP

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by Empire View Post
                                                  Sam Presti fucking sucks. 15 wins is what we have to look forward followed by drafting some sh*tty scrub who’ll never amount to anything.FuSP
                                                  I don't know if he sucks but I do know some GMs that think he's quite over rated. I think it depends on what you think he "sucks" at. Is it trading and contracts? He's pretty solid at that. Can swindle some teams. I don't think he's great at drafting and relies too many promised picks. I also think he's too heavy handed into the rotational choices. It's not a coincidence that once Thabo left they replaced him with someone just like him and it was still a different coach.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    They tried to win last night leading for almost 3 quarters. But lost to Golden State 106-98. Tankathon 2.0 is at full force.

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      Moral victories > actual victories for this season

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        If anything, I think Giddey is going to be a player. All 3 of the rookies LOOK like they were good picks so far.

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Originally posted by nstinson View Post
                                                          Moral victories > actual victories for this season and last season, and maybe next season...
                                                          correct

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            Giddey may be something.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Russ with a quadruple double:

                                                              points
                                                              assists
                                                              rebounds
                                                              turnovers

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                30 wins?

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  Originally posted by keef View Post
                                                                  Russ with a quadruple double:

                                                                  points
                                                                  assists
                                                                  rebounds
                                                                  turnovers
                                                                  two techs and an ejection too. busy night

                                                                  he had no reason to go after bazley at the end imo.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    Westbrook

                                                                    triple double and a -12 for the game.

                                                                    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

                                                                    Guy will never be anything more than what he is.

                                                                    Nice win for you guys those. Wait till you’re one game out of the lottery and remember this one.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35
                                                                      Originally posted by makila View Post
                                                                      two techs and an ejection too. busy night

                                                                      he had no reason to go after bazley at the end imo.
                                                                      I didn't actually watch any of it, just saw the box score at the end.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        Originally posted by makila View Post
                                                                        two techs and an ejection too. busy night

                                                                        he had no reason to go after bazley at the end imo.
                                                                        He really didn't go after him. All he did was tell him "don't do that"...the chick ref got all bent outta shape. Even Dagnault said he needed to talk to the guys about how to handle that situation. Russ didn't look mad...he looked like he was just explaining how Bazely should have handled it.

                                                                        It was dumb.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          Originally posted by Section31 View Post

                                                                          He really didn't go after him. All he did was tell him "don't do that"...the chick ref got all bent outta shape. Even Dagnault said he needed to talk to the guys about how to handle that situation. Russ didn't look mad...he looked like he was just explaining how Bazely should have handled it.

                                                                          It was dumb.
                                                                          I don't know that it's Russ' place to tell an opposing player what to do. Let his own team/vet (favors?) handle it. As you said, Dangault implied that the team needed to talk to them about how to handle that situation. Russ isn't part of this team anymore. Not his place.

                                                                          He was upset his team blew a 26 point lead to his former team.
                                                                          Last edited by makila; 10-28-2021, 06:37 AM.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            Originally posted by makila View Post

                                                                            I don't know that it's Russ' place to tell an opposing player what to do. Let his own team/vet (favors?) handle it. As you said, Dangault implied that the team needed to talk to them about how to handle that situation. Russ isn't part of this team anymore. Not his place.

                                                                            He was upset his team blew a 26 point lead to his former team.
                                                                            I'm guessing he has a relationship with Bazely...maybe not. Much ado about nothing.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              Go get emotional somewhere else Russ. He is too reactionarily emotional on the court

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                Someone should have been telling Russ not to turn it over 10 times.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by makila View Post

                                                                                  I don't know that it's Russ' place to tell an opposing player what to do. Let his own team/vet (favors?) handle it. As you said, Dangault implied that the team needed to talk to them about how to handle that situation. Russ isn't part of this team anymore. Not his place.

                                                                                  He was upset his team blew a 26 point lead to his former team.
                                                                                  Didn't Westbrook leave the bench once to block a half court shot from an opposing team's mascot?
                                                                                  And is this the same guy that couldn't handle tough questions from Barry Tramel?
                                                                                  Maturity has never been one of Russell Westbrook's strong points.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    You guys still watch the NBA, and especially the thunder?

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                                                                                      You guys still watch the NBA, and especially the thunder?
                                                                                      I think if you'd have actually read this thread, you'd know the answer.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by keef View Post

                                                                                        I think if you'd have actually read this thread, you'd know the answer.
                                                                                        I was just shocked to see a thunder thread at the top of the heap. Carry on, and no, I didn't read a single post except the last couple.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                                                          I was just shocked to see a thunder thread at the top of the heap. Carry on, and no, I didn't read a single post except the last couple.
                                                                                          Well, they did beat the Lakers so not that shocking.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            Bump……

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Not2121 View Post
                                                                                              Bump……
                                                                                              is it a game day? is there a game thread yet?

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                Would anyone notice if there were?

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by keef View Post

                                                                                                  correct
                                                                                                  We don't need to start being good and going for it until the Summer of 2013 due to the new CBA being signed that summer. The last two CBAs have irrevocably screwed the organization into the stone age. We need to wait until this one happens until we go all in

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by nstinson View Post

                                                                                                    We don't need to start being good and going for it until the Summer of 2013 due to the new CBA being signed that summer. The last two CBAs have irrevocably screwed the organization into the stone age. We need to wait until this one happens until we go all in
                                                                                                    Maybe we can beat the Spurs this time in 2014?

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Go To Top

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1