Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OU @#1 ranked auburn saturday @1pm. espn. big12/sec challenge official game thread

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OU @#1 ranked auburn saturday @1pm. espn. big12/sec challenge official game thread

haven't seen auburn play but they must be pretty good.
    hope we can at least give them a challenge.

Comment

Signs of things to come.

Comment

I thought that they tried to setup even matchups between B12/SEC. Was auburn just way underrated when the matchups were created? seems like this would have been a Baylor/Auburn matchup? Hopefully we'll have a great game, just seemed like based on rankings it's a bit of a mismatch. Same problem with Baylor/Bama.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyShackleford View Post
          I thought that they tried to setup even matchups between B12/SEC. Was auburn just way underrated when the matchups were created? seems like this would have been a Baylor/Auburn matchup? Hopefully we'll have a great game, just seemed like based on rankings it's a bit of a mismatch. Same problem with Baylor/Bama.
          I think when the matchups were set....they looked even..

Comment

I know zero about Auburn. I do know that if our guys can not turn it over too much, make their free throws, and shoot at least halfway decent they can play with anyone. With this OU team though you never know what you're gonna get. They can win by 20 or lose by 20 with the game tied with 5 minutes to play. I'll watch it, and hopefully enjoy it.

Comment

I don't think I've ever watched an Auburn basketball game.

Comment

Pretty solid D so far, but Kessler is a cheat code on the other end.

Comment

Auburn's facilities look like crap.

Comment

I don’t care for these unis.

Comment

Putrid offense. Do these guys practice dribbling and offense? The turnovers this year have been way too high.

Oh well.

Comment

Jabari Smith is an alien. Dude is on another level. Reminds me of Kevin Durant.

Comment

9+ minutes without making a shot. Yikes

Comment

Very sloppy on the offensive end.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                              Jabari Smith is an alien. Dude is on another level. Reminds me of Kevin Durant.
                              Would look good in a Thunder uniform

Comment

I must not understand what constitutes a foul because Jasper is drawing them out of thin air.

Comment

Playing below average against a more talented team.

It's become clear that Tanner Groves is not good enough to carry us against this type of team. It would be nice to see somebody else step up in this second half.

Lose by 8 or less would be a moral victory. Worried about getting blown out though. That would really hurt us as far as the tournament goes.

Comment

Auburn is a very good team, one of the best this year.

This OU team is horrible offensively and has no go to guy. We are also the least athletic team ever. We have NO athleticism or quickness.

Comment

At least the ou team gets to play in front of a packed house…

Comment

Al that work to cut it to three just to give up rebound, foul, turnover, rebound, and 1 lol

Comment

Originally posted by notlaxtothemax12 View Post
                                          Al that work to cut it to three just to give up rebound, foul, turnover, rebound, and 1 lol
                                          This team does a lot of stupid stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

This team does a lot of stupid stuff.
                                            Yep. The out of bounds passes come to mind. That’s led to 3-4 TO’s and Auburn points

Comment

Sigh.

Comment

Goldwire has played well IMO. Just too many team turnovers and Auburn is really big and athletic. Definitely a top 5 team.

Going to have to find a way to win 3-4 in a row or we are NIT bound

Do we practice how to inbound the fucking ball? Lmao

Comment

Seriously what are they thinking with stuff like that? I’ve seen middle school teams with better ball security.

Comment

This team is actually getting worse. This season is going to set the program back a few years.

Comment

Pretty pathetic performance down the stretch. This team is not good

Comment

Moser needs to get rid of that stupid "Wall of Culture" and put up a "Wall of Fundamentals"..

We can start with:

Don't step over the line on an in bound play

Don't lob the ball to the defender in the backcourt on an in bound play

Don't try to retrieve a long rebound that is already going out of bounds.

Don't try a crossover dribble when you are facing the defender and he is a foot away from you.

Don't fake a three just to drive into the lane and run over a guy just standing there.

Comment

Originally posted by bsdsooner View Post
                                                          This team is actually getting worse. This season is going to set the program back a few years.
                                                          Yeah. I'll be surprised if they don’t just shut the whole program down.

Comment

What a retarded post. This team has some serious offensive issues. The team is actually getting better. Offensively, they're offensive. Every other thing they do is OK.

The game went about as I expected it would. When we made some shots? We were right there. When we missed some shots and handed them the ball? They shoved it up our ass. I don't know if they'll get this shit fixed in time to make the NCAAs. We'll see. I ain't gonna stop cheering for them though. They have heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

What a retarded post. This team has some serious offensive issues. The team is actually getting better. Offensively, they're offensive. Every other thing they do is OK.

The game went about as I expected it would. When we made some shots? We were right there. When we missed some shots and handed them the ball? They shoved it up our ass. I don't know if they'll get this shit fixed in time to make the NCAAs. We'll see. I ain't gonna stop cheering for them though. They have heart.
                                                              Our defensive rebounding was pretty horrific but understandable due to their size advantage. The bad news is that there probably isn't a damn thing we can do about it until we get better players.

Getting kind of discouraged with Tanner Groves as far as the fact that he is a really solid basketball player but his athleticism just isn't up to par with some of the dudes he is playing lately. The more time goes by the more that KU game at Eastern Washington seems kind of fluky.

Comment

A few? Try a hundred!

Comment

This team is actually getting worse.
                                                                  since the road win on wednesday?

​​​​​​SPOILER you are dumb as fuck. shoot yourself. don't wait. do it now. make the world a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by notlaxtothemax12 View Post
                                                                    that's about when I turned the game on...
                                                                    it was a beautiful day and I had work to do so I figured why waste 2 hours watching this team ...
                                                                    so I came in house for a break ..turned on the game....just in time for the meltdown...

Comment

It's basketball. Only 5 players can be on the floor for a team at a time. One player can change everything. So no, this season won't set the program back a few years.

Comment

Why did OU get to play these bozos? I would think Kansas or a higher ranked team would have been a better choice

Comment

Originally posted by NWOSURanger View Post
                                                                          Why did OU get to play these bozos? I would think Kansas or a higher ranked team would have been a better choice
                                                                          auburn wasn't ranked #1 when the games were scheduled....
                                                                          they were ranked #31 by cbs in their preseason poll...

Comment

We all knew this years team was put together with duct tape. Moser is going to build the program. He’s off to a good start in recruiting and we just need to keep building. Hopefully, this years team can win enough games to make the tourney.

I would like to see some roster turnover and bring in better athletes and better players. The more the better. The Sooner the better.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by NWOSURanger View Post
                                                                              The games are matched by the school's order of finish in their conference last year. This is why mismatches happen every year when this challenge is played.

Comment

#40
                                                                                I couldn't pin much of this on the players. Coach either. They play hard but they just aren't that talented. The fact that they have been able to play as well as they have is to their credit.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by SoonerBurglar View Post
                                                                                  I couldn't pin much of this on the players. Coach either. They play hard but they just aren't that talented. The fact that they have been able to play as well as they have is to their credit.
                                                                                  Agree. They play hard and I am not at all discouraged with the program. This team, just does not have an elite offensive finisher. We have no one that we can look to in crunch time or critical situations to get a bucket. I mean, Harkless has tried to be that guy, but he just doesn't have the handle nor the finishing ability. So, we have to just hope that team ball is enough, but when we face the elite teams, they can pressure us on defense and we don't have an elite ball handler who can create off the dribble and finish or dish off if he gets doubled.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                  X
                                                                                  UA-124223861-1