Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OU men's basketball off-season thread...

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OU men's basketball off-season thread...

    so we know groves/groves/noland/harkless are coming back next season...
    it's been 9 days and no one has entered the portal yet...
    moser has reached out to several players in the portal but no reports of anyone seriously considering ou...
    gibson is exploring his options...

    current roster for next season..

    cortes
    mason
    noland
    hill
    groves
    groves
    mawein
    issanza
    harkless
    oweh
    uzan
    schroder
    (gibson)

    so no open spots...currently


    #2

    Comment


      #3
      We still might have 2-3 spots open, although I would’ve thought we’d know by now. 1 spot opens up if Mo leaves. 2 potential transfers.

      Comment


        #4
        https://twitter.com/BPrzybylo/status/

        Comment


          #5
          the genius board is entertaining...watching the dolts argue over how bad cortes is.......
          in addition to trying to predict who's going to portal out....and who will start next season..

          Comment


            #6
            Mo is not coming back. If he's looking for a job, he'll find one somewhere...Australia, Israel, Dominican, there are professionals leagues everywhere.

            Does Moser sign another 1 year transfer or someone who has several years of eligibility remaining?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by phatcurt View Post
              Mo is not coming back. If he's looking for a job, he'll find one somewhere...Australia, Israel, Dominican, there are professionals leagues everywhere.

              Does Moser sign another 1 year transfer or someone who has several years of eligibility remaining?
              best player he can get...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                best player he can get...
                Would like a true defensive presence down low to help out Groves and Hill. That and a scoring guard to replace MO and this team could be pretty good if the 3 freshman can contribute

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                  the genius board is entertaining...watching the dolts argue over how bad cortes is.......
                  in addition to trying to predict who's going to portal out....and who will start next season..
                  That place IS entertaining. Boulder Dickhead was INSISTING that people were claiming that Brady Manek was going to transfer to Southeastern Okla. State. I never ever heard anything like that on any forum or outlet.

                  Ms Proud Sooner threw in her sunshine pumping "expertise" about Bijan Cortes and they jumped all over her wrinkly old ass.

                  Wichita Sooner said that Harkless sucked and wasn't worth retaining and they fought over that.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

                    That place IS entertaining. Boulder Dickhead was INSISTING that people were claiming that Brady Manek was going to transfer to Southeastern Okla. State. I never ever heard anything like that on any forum or outlet.

                    Ms Proud Sooner threw in her sunshine pumping "expertise" about Bijan Cortes and they jumped all over her wrinkly old ass.

                    Wichita Sooner said that Harkless sucked and wasn't worth retaining and they fought over that.


                    Comment


                      #11
                      the geniuses are handwringing about the possibility of losing a couple of assistants and what that would mean for our incoming recruits...
                      can recruits get out of their letter of intent if an assistant coach leaves? I know that's possible when a head coach leaves but was not aware of the same "out" when assistants leave..

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                        the geniuses are handwringing about the possibility of losing a couple of assistants and what that would mean for our incoming recruits...
                        can recruits get out of their letter of intent if an assistant coach leaves? I know that's possible when a head coach leaves but was not aware of the same "out" when assistants leave..
                        Anymore, they can leave for whatever reason they want. They can petition the ncaa and hold out, which never looks good for the school. I’d imagine, if they wanted to leave, we would let them out of their LOI, if we couldn’t change their minds.

                        I hope we don’t lose any more assistants. I know KT turner is gone to Louisville, I believe. I don’t want to lose anyone else or this recruiting class. That would set us back and take years to overcome.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

                          Anymore, they can leave for whatever reason they want. They can petition the ncaa and hold out, which never looks good for the school. I’d imagine, if they wanted to leave, we would let them out of their LOI, if we couldn’t change their minds.

                          I hope we don’t lose any more assistants. I know KT turner is gone to Louisville, I believe. I don’t want to lose anyone else or this recruiting class. That would set us back and take years to overcome.
                          losing assistants after only 1 year is definitely not good for continuity....but I'm confident moser would be able to find good replacements...
                          the recruits otoh...yeah...we can't lose any of those...
                          Last edited by theresonly187; 04-01-2022, 09:40 AM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            it's being reported that ou assistant David Patrick will be the new head coach at Sacramento st.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                              it's being reported that ou assistant David Patrick will be the new head coach at Sacramento st.
                              Bob P reporting KT turner will be back. I guess Louisville hired someone else.

                              Now, he needs to recruit some better players.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                mason entered portal...

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                                  mason entered portal...
                                  We might have 3-4 spots to fill.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

                                    We might have 3-4 spots to fill.
                                    If Mo doesn't return that's 2 for sure spots. Plus whoever else down at the bottom of the rotation that decides to move on.

                                    Give me a transfer Big that can play the post (both O and D) and another guard to start.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      TG needs Buddy Hield to get him up in the morning. if he would just commit himself to the gym, there's no telling... he might actually become something ... good.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        mawein portaling out...

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          2 spots open now. 3 spots if Mo leaves, as expected.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                                            mawein portaling out...
                                            Smart move for him. Kid has a lot of natural athletic ability. Needs to develop it as a basketball at a lower level of D1. He wouldn't get enough playing time at OU to get there. He is the kind of guy that might be good as a grad transfer from a lower D1 someday.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              May not mean much but Mo is practicing with the team in offseason.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                harkless portaling out....

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                                                  harkless portaling out....
                                                  Didn’t see this one coming. I thought he had decided to stay but I guess he changed his mind. I’m all for turning the roster over quickly but that’s predicated on getting better talent to come in and replace them. We have 3 open spots and could have as many as 5. I hope porter can bring in some guys that upgrade the talent and athleticism.

                                                  It’s so hard to get any real recruiting/portal news for OU basketball.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

                                                    Didn’t see this one coming. I thought he had decided to stay but I guess he changed his mind. I’m all for turning the roster over quickly but that’s predicated on getting better talent to come in and replace them. We have 3 open spots and could have as many as 5. I hope porter can bring in some guys that upgrade the talent and athleticism.

                                                    It’s so hard to get any real recruiting/portal news for OU basketball.
                                                    I hope so as well....
                                                    porter has a lot of playing time to sell to potential transfers....
                                                    but even if we strike out for guards...I'm ok with oweh/uzan/cortes/noland/hill/schroeder..
                                                    would be nice to get groves some help inside tho....unless rick will be ready next season to step up and contribute...
                                                    porter signed transfer sam Godwin ...supposed to be a walk-on next year so I'm not sure if he will be able to contribute at this level or not...

                                                    I'm just not sure what good it does to bring in transfers....then our young guys get no pt and get pissed and transfer out....
                                                    and then we're back to the portal again next year....
                                                    at some point u have to build up experience and somehow keep guys around for 3-4 years....or else you're just spinning your wheels...
                                                    Last edited by theresonly187; 04-11-2022, 10:40 AM.

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      issanza portaling out....

                                                      4 spots now open..

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        I don’t get it with Harkless. He’s built for defending the way Moser wants to. On the other hand, he went down for the season and the overall product on the floor wasn’t clearly worse without him. Still, he was going to play a ton here and he’s not Manek where he can go start for a serious contender.

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Originally posted by AppySooner View Post
                                                          I don’t get it with Harkless. He’s built for defending the way Moser wants to. On the other hand, he went down for the season and the overall product on the floor wasn’t clearly worse without him. Still, he was going to play a ton here and he’s not Manek where he can go start for a serious contender.
                                                          maybe he wants to go back to California...
                                                          maybe his injury does not bode well for his future...
                                                          who knows...but imo it's not a big loss....
                                                          if it comes down to it I'd rather see our freshmen guards get more minutes over keeping a player like harkless...

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            We can’t fill these spots with bodies. We have to upgrade the talent and athleticism or we’ll be in the same boat next year, on the outside looking in.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              George Washington transfer Joe bamisile committed to ou...
                                                              I guess there is a question about eligibility for the 22-23 season

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                                We can’t fill these spots with bodies. We have to upgrade the talent and athleticism or we’ll be in the same boat next year, on the outside looking in.
                                                                it appears the athleticism has been upgraded...

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                                                                  George Washington transfer Joe bamisile committed to ou...
                                                                  I guess there is a question about eligibility for the 22-23 season
                                                                  He has already transferred once so he'll need a waiver to play immediately. Since the GW coach was fired, he should be able to get it and be eligible this season.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    Originally posted by phatcurt View Post

                                                                    He has already transferred once so he'll need a waiver to play immediately. Since the GW coach was fired, he should be able to get it and be eligible this season.
                                                                    hope you're right...
                                                                    the dumbasses at the NCAA typically drag their feet and approve these waivers well after the season starts so the player misses several games...

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        Mo is basically coming back

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
                                                                          Mo is basically coming back
                                                                          not a positive development if true...
                                                                          mo needs to move on...
                                                                          taking minutes from younger players who are the future of this program is not a good thing...

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            Well for a little levity...this gem from "Coach Talk" on the genius board...

                                                                            Of course all things matter. I stand by what I said. Bijan one of the most athletic on the team.
                                                                            All I can say is that if this is true I don't like our odds next season...unless we drop to DII.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                                                                              not a positive development if true...
                                                                              mo needs to move on...
                                                                              taking minutes from younger players who are the future of this program is not a good thing...
                                                                              I disagree. Mo is a vet and he really improved his all around game last season. He can really score and we desperately need guys that can score. The young guys need to work harder and earn their way onto the court.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

                                                                                I disagree. Mo is a vet and he really improved his all around game last season. He can really score and we desperately need guys that can score. The young guys need to work harder and earn their way onto the court.
                                                                                if gibson stays and plays 30+ minutes per game.....one of our young guards will transfer at the end of next season for lack of playing time..
                                                                                I'm ready for some consistency wrt to the roster.....

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                                                                                  if gibson stays and plays 30+ minutes per game.....one of our young guards will transfer at the end of next season for lack of playing time..
                                                                                  I'm ready for some consistency wrt to the roster.....
                                                                                  You need good guard play and that's what Gibson is. There's still plenty of time to take at guard with both Goldwire and Harkless leaving. I think Noland has a good chance at starting.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                                                                                    if gibson stays and plays 30+ minutes per game.....one of our young guards will transfer at the end of next season for lack of playing time..
                                                                                    I'm ready for some consistency wrt to the roster.....
                                                                                    If they can’t get on the floor, they probably should transfer.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

                                                                                      If they can’t get on the floor, they probably should transfer.
                                                                                      a 6th year player who might help win a couple extra games next season .....hurts the development of younger players who will help win a lot more games in the future...

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                                                                                        a 6th year player who might help win a couple extra games next season .....hurts the development of younger players who will help win a lot more games in the future...
                                                                                        CJ Noland will still play a lot. Bijan Cortes maybe needs to play more and he will with Goldwire gone. We didn't have any young guards outside of him. The guys we have coming in are gonna play more SF big guard spots. I know we get a guy from Germany and a couple other bigger guards coming in. Don't know if they will be good enough to contribute day one.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          If a 6th year player gets us a couple more wins, I'm all for it. This year a couple more wins would have gotten us in the tournament. Next year a couple more wins could mean the difference between a 10 seed and a 6.

                                                                                          There's no guarantee you'll find a guy better. People are going to come and go every year. That's the new reality of college sports. I'm not willing to throw away any season in hopes of building for another one when you don't even know who will be on the team. Also, it's not like we're having to turn kids away. We've got several holes to fill already.
                                                                                          Last edited by phatcurt; 04-20-2022, 08:20 PM.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            Would also really like to see CJ and Bijan make big jumps physically in the off-season.

                                                                                            Does anyone remember how much bigger and stronger Isiah Cousins looked from year one to year 2? Hoping to see that kind of development. Hopefully they are putting in the work. They both showed flashes, but they'll need to consistently produce next season.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by phatcurt View Post
                                                                                              If a 6th year player gets us a couple more wins, I'm all for it. This year a couple more wins would have gotten us in the tournament. Next year a c I couple more wins could mean the difference between a 10 seed and a 6.

                                                                                              There's no guarantee you'll find a guy better. People are going to come and go every year. That's the new reality of college sports. I'm not willing to throw away any season in hopes if building for another one when you don't even know who will be on the team. Also, it's not like we're having to turn kids away. We've got several holes to full already.
                                                                                              he might get u a couple more losses....on those nights he shoots 2 for 13 from 3...

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                                                                                                he might get u a couple more losses....on those nights he shoots 2 for 13 from 3...
                                                                                                He was our best player last year. If he comes back, it makes us a better team. Surround him with a few more guys that can score and we become a much, much better team.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  i'm good with uzan/oweh/cortes/noland/schroeder/bamisile/hill at the guard spots next season..
                                                                                                  but we really need to start landing some portal big men....can we expect the brothers groves and godwin to carry this team at forward/center next year....?

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                                                                                                    i'm good with uzan/oweh/cortes/noland/schroeder/bamisile/hill at the guard spots next season..
                                                                                                    but we really need to start landing some portal big men....can we expect the brothers groves and godwin to carry this team at forward/center next year....?
                                                                                                    Hate to say it but Hill and Benny may have to play the 3 AND 4 in certain lineups next year based on who is currently on the roster or committed in the portal.

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Go To Top

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1