Announcement

Collapse

NEW POSTERS

Due to the increasing number of Russians you will now be required to have 25 posts before you can start your own thread. Hopefully after the NFL playoffs we can remove this. Sorry for the inconvenience for you new guys.
See more
See less

CFP Semi-final *** Oklahoma Sooners vs Alabama Crimson Tide ***

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln what was with the field goals though???? Gotta go for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by heff View Post

Not firing the defensive staff after Georgia was an egregious error.

https://www.dirtburglars.com/forum/s...=8509#post8509
      Agree, but I'm still not convinced Lincoln had the latitude to make that move. Bob's shadow loomed way too large over this thing for way too long. Hopefully now the nepotism and cronyism is gone and Lincoln can run things the way he truly wants to.

Comment

Crappy first quarter and settling for FGs. Made all the difference.

Oh well, looking forward to what we can accomplish next year. I think this was a pretty damn awesome season considering our limitations on defense.

Comment

Yep, and it cost us (again) tonite.

Can’t wait to find out about the new DC. And see if we can field a D that is at least marginally competent.

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post
            Seems bama fans agree with some of us...this is off of tidefans
            Oklahoma may have the worst group of linebackers I've ever seen on a major conference championship team
            No SHIT!!!!!!

Buzzy had his moments. #9 I hope to never see on the field again, 2 years zero improvement... goodbye!!!

FU Tim Kish. Mike should have stuffed his sorry ass in a duffle bag when heading out of time. Shittiest LB coaching, BAR NONE!!! GTFOOH you nepotism benfiting, paycheck stealing, hired bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by DrinkinwithLincoln View Post
              Crappy first quarter and settling for FGs. Made all the difference.
              Just the crappy 1st quarter. We 'won' the rest of the game by a score of 34-24.

Comment

Great season. Got beat by 11 to a better team. Top 4 team in the nation. If we had a top 50 defense we’d be winning Championships. We’re very close.

Comment

The ghost of Stooos will haunt us for 5 more yesrs

Comment

Originally posted by IKE93 View Post
                    The ghost of Stooos will haunt us for 5 more yesrs
                    Yes, he was really terrible for us.

:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
                      Deferring with the worst defense in the nation was a dumb choice.
                      I disagree....and hindsight proves it was the right call. OU's first 3 possessions were dog shit. The VERY first was a 3 and out. So, had OU taken the ball first....we have to punt to Bama and they score on a 60 yard drive instead of the 75 yard drive.....and OU comes out on defense to start the 2nd half. Lincoln probably felt that having the offense "warmed up" and having seen what Bama was doing in the first half...would make that first possession of the 2nd half more valuable (after halftime to make adjustments).

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Yes, he was really terrible for us.

:rolleyes:
                        Almost as bad as you are for this board

Comment

Almost as bad as you are for this board
                          Hey..yeah, almost!

Comment

Originally posted by gratefulRed View Post

I disagree....and hindsight proves it was the right call. OU's first 3 possessions were dog shit. The VERY first was a 3 and out. So, had OU taken the ball first....we have to punt to Bama and they score on a 60 yard drive instead of the 75 yard drive.....and OU comes out on defense to start the 2nd half. Lincoln probably felt that having the offense "warmed up" and having seen what Bama was doing in the first half...would make that first possession of the 2nd half more valuable (after halftime to make adjustments).
                            This is correct. Kyler is great but you could see he felt over his head when we started. He seemed to know that he had all the weight on him, and it was too much at the beginning, but he came through and we damned near won it. He’s great. He’s barely had a dozen starts with us.

Hollywood should have not gotten a snap. I get the misdirection, but CD could have had a legendary game.

JMO

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Hey..yeah, almost!
                              Congratulations..you're winning!

Comment

Congratulations..you're winning!
                                Thanks, but you're doing okay too. Don't give up, don't ever give up.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerAtty View Post

This is correct. Kyler is great but you could see he felt over his head when we started. He seemed to know that he had all the weight on him, and it was too much at the beginning, but he came through and we damned near won it. He’s great. He’s barely had a dozen starts with us.

Hollywood should have not gotten a snap. I get the misdirection, but CD could have had a legendary game.

JMO
                                  Yea because going down 7-0 off the bat helps him take off the “weight”. Dumb call to kick.

Comment

Just realized we scored on our last 6 drives excluding the 25 second drive to end the 1H. Three things could’ve changed the outcome of this game. 1. Alabama being held to a FG instead of the TD which was not a catch IMO or 2. Lincoln goes for it and converts on one of the 2 FGs, or 3. Lincoln uses the timeout earlier at end of 1H when Bama was driving and possibly saves 30-40 seconds. It was obvious Bama had time at end of 1H with 3 timeouts so Lincoln really should’ve saved the clock.

If any of those things are changed then we are down 7 at worst in the 4Q and Lincoln never has to onside kick. Who knows what would’ve happened if Bama had to start at their own 25 only up 7. Oh well.

Comment

Calcaterra had zero receptions...who gets the blame for that?

Comment

Fuck.

Comment

Well, time to get out of this conference. We obviously caused you all to lose last night. Imagine how good you’d have been if you’d have been representing the B1G instead of this shit show!!??!!?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottsdaleSooner View Post
                                            Calcaterra had zero receptions...who gets the blame for that?
                                            You, because what you said isn’t correct.

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post
                                              Well, time to get out of this conference. We obviously caused you all to lose last night. Imagine how good you’d have been if you’d have been representing the B1G instead of this shit show!!??!!?
                                              Fuck yourself, aggie cunt. You'd be at Orange Power if you weren't so attracted to winners. You and your bitchass school are a matted turd on this alpha dog's ass. You and socali and Irish can all die in a fire.

Comment

I appreciate that the players fought to the end but I also get the feeling Bama took their foot off the gas at 28-0 then flipped a switch when it got a bit too close.

After one of the best TD passes I’ve ever seen - putting the outcome in doubt - Bama went right down the field (85 yards after a penalty on the KO).

We scored again and kicked the onside and what did they do - scored with ease (damn near killing one of our guys as they bowled him over). And that was pretty much it.

The 28-0 hole was a killer but I think we’d have still had a hard time winning even if we managed the first quarter better.

Amazing that the same two teams will square off AGAIN in the title game for the third time in five years (and played in the semis last year). So much for parity.

Comment

^This...and keeping any of them would even be more egregious...

Comment

damnit im drunk still and pissed... came to Korea to kill NK's now I'm just time delayed, still dunk and pissed :( #thisp0sttooktremendouseffort)

Comment

Fuck yourself, aggie cunt. You'd be at Orange Power if you weren't so attracted to winners. You and your bitchass school are a matted turd on this alpha dog's ass. You and socali and Irish can all die in a fire.
                                                      Irish? Go fuck yourself for putting me in that category.

And it’s you all that keep calling yourself big brother and alpha but haven’t done anything in almost 20 years to actually claim it. Are you better than OSU? You bet. Congrats. You’ve been better than OSU forever. You’ve just dropped behind the real alphas now. Maybe your recruiting classes will be the difference you all need. If not, I’m sure it’s the big 12s fault.

Hell of a year though. Totally entertaining. And that’s really all that matters to us OSU fans (who never win shit) Just be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post

Irish? Go fuck yourself for putting me in that category.

And it’s you all that keep calling yourself big brother and alpha but haven’t done anything in almost 20 years to actually claim it. Are you better than OSU? You bet. Congrats. You’ve been better than OSU forever. You’ve just dropped behind the real alphas now. Maybe your recruiting classes will be the difference you all need. If not, I’m sure it’s the big 12s fault.

Hell of a year though. Totally entertaining. And that’s really all that matters to us OSU fans (who never win shit) Just be entertaining.
                                                        I see you, keef. I’m sure you can see that the only difference between OU and OSU fan is jersey color. The fans work and live together, drink from the same gravy boat at the same restaurants, kids go to the same underfunded schools and yet somehow most OU fans think there is life superiority becaue their team wins more but can’t win it all.

I don’t hope you die in a fire any less than my wife’s personal trainer does when he jokingly says it to me, but I do wonder how he knows so much about “line of duty death benefits with pension kickers”. That’s a lot of words for a 19 year old black guy to know!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                        X
                                                        UA-124223861-1