First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keef View Post

More interesting would be the verses Dylan talks about god/jesus.

Jesus said, “Be ready,
    For you know not the hour in which I come.”
    He said, “He who is not for Me is against Me,”
    Just so you know where He’s coming from.
    Fair point. I was just picturing bounce reading a verse that mentioned Bob Dylan and having his head explode lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cfin5256 View Post

Fair point. I was just picturing bounce reading a verse that mentioned Bob Dylan and having his head explode lol.
      just send him this: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/guest...us-is-biblical

Comment

I liked Slow Train Coming. I guess I'm in the minority on that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
          I liked Slow Train Coming. I guess I'm in the minority on that one...
          Welcome aboard

Comment

I like the guitar work of Mark Knopfler on that one; also, I was amused by the rumors that Mark and Bob argued over which was
            the better singer.

Comment

I've got tickets to see Bob at the Winstar in October. Front Row...again. suck poor people

#nooffensewailer
              #iknowbrett,nolol
              Looks like I'll be seeing him in Tulsa in October too. Back to back nights. yay me.

Comment

Hello October! Let's do this!

Comment

It’s this week!

Comment

Columbia Records on Nov. 2 released “The Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks”, a new compilation of Bob Dylan recordings made between September and December of 1974. To celebrate the release, we’re welcoming to Tulsa on Saturday, November 17 songwriter and music journalist Jeff Slate, author of the liner notes in “More Blood, More Tracks”, and songwriter, actor and poet John Doe for a discussion about the writing and recording of the songs that would become Dylan’s 1975 masterpiece “Blood On the Tracks”. Following the talk, which will include unseen footage from the Bob Dylan Archive, Jeff and John will be performing together as a duo. The event starts at 7 p.m. in the Woody Guthrie Center theater. More information at 918-574-2710.

Comment

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

Enjoy: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...18-xmas-lights

Comment

black frank, watch this. also, if you like music watch this.

Comment

Can't Wait!

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...etflix-777169/

Comment

His rendition of Baby Let Me Follow You Down was my favorite part of The Last Waltz. I'd post a link but Dylan had his lawyers take it down from YouTube years ago. Which sucks because the IPOD version shortens the guitar intro.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Shoes View Post
                              His rendition of Baby Let Me Follow You Down was my favorite part of The Last Waltz. I'd post a link but Dylan had his lawyers take it down from YouTube years ago. Which sucks because the IPOD version shortens the guitar intro.
                              https://youtu.be/jPd0EtQ_1Ck

also if you want Bob on YouTube, follow Elston Gunn...

Comment

I'm starting to get the feeling that Keef is the reincarnation of Paul Revere's horse, but also that the board has no need to be nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by tennsooner View Post
                                  Absolutely the cold hard truth. If he depended on me to support his music he would have had to make a living as a plumbers helper. His voice is horrible,he can’t carry a tune in a bucket and if he has a redeeming quality it would be song writing at best although I can’t think of a damn thing he wrote I couldn’t live without.
                                  He was a very good songwriter, and there are a few songs I like a lot, but he def. is overrated by those who think he has stratospheric talent.

Comment

Originally posted by TaimenHuchen View Post
                                    He was a very good songwriter, and there are a few songs I like a lot, but he def. is overrated by those who think he has stratospheric talent.
                                    It’s cool you don’t like or get his voice. I understand people don’t. My wife doesn’t. Enjoy Celine Dion.

But overrated? Haha. I bet you don’t go a day or two without hearing one of his songs. (Whether you know it or not is unknown) Won the Nobel Prize, presidential medal of freedom, Grammys, emmys, an Oscar and soo many more.....yeah it’s us that have it wrong. You’re right, he’s overrated.

Comment

It’s cool you don’t like or get his voice. I understand people don’t. My wife doesn’t. Enjoy Celine Dion.

But overrated? Haha. I bet you don’t go a day or two without hearing one of his songs. (Whether you know it or not is unknown) Won the Nobel Prize, presidential medal of freedom!!!(haha), Grammys, emmys, an Oscar and soo many more.....yeah it’s us that have it wrong. You’re right, he’s overrated.
                                      He IS a good songwriter, but I think his politics have boosted his appreciation more than his musical talent deserves. Don't pretend not to know that. Remember, they gave a Nobel Prize to the last president of the country!

Comment

Originally posted by TaimenHuchen View Post

He IS a good songwriter, but I think his politics have boosted his appreciation more than his musical talent deserves. Don't pretend not to know that. Remember, they gave a Nobel Prize to the last president of the country!
                                        You know bob stopped writing political songs in ‘64, right? I mean, he even wrote the song My Back Pages about it. If you still consider him a political song writer, we should just move these posts to the Troll thread.

But it it is amazing that the 2-3 years he spent (as a 19-22 year old political song writer) still have such an impact. He has put out another 55 years of music after that. You should check some of those albums out.

I like his work from 1992-2009 possibly more than anything he did prior.

Comment

You know bob stopped writing political songs in ‘64, right?
                                          ​​​​​​and if you focus only on those first five years, what percent were political? not much, maybe a whopping 5 percent.

Comment

You know bob stopped writing political songs in ‘64, right?
                                            Explain Leopard-Skin Pillbox hat, then.

Comment

But overrated? Haha. I bet you don’t go a day or two without hearing one of his songs. (Whether you know it or not is unknown) Won the Nobel Prize, presidential medal of freedom, Grammys, emmys, an Oscar and soo many more.....yeah it’s us that have it wrong. You’re right, he’s overrated.
                                              Today one of his songs he wrote and sings came on while I was in a restaurant. I'm willing to bet me and about 1/2 the people in there would have been willing to give him another Nobel prize if he would have shut the fuck up. Sounded like a cat caught in a tree. At some point you have to listen to his voice and realize he can't sing.

Comment

Today one of his songs he wrote and sings came on while I was in a restaurant. I'm willing to bet me and about 1/2 the people in there would have been willing to give him another Nobel prize if he would have shut the fuck up. Sounded like a cat caught in a tree. At some point you have to listen to his voice and realize he can't sing.
                                                Sometimes, we all have to sit through "Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again". That's how the restaurant industry fucks with our minds, but you can't bail before "Desolation Row" comes on afterwards, like some kind of reward for sitting through it. Side bar: I was at the same Mimi's Cafe you were today.

Comment

Bob Dylan saved my ass in 2008.
                                                  I got invited to this thing called "The Bear Mountain Picnic" in July 2008.
                                                  There actually is a Bear Mountain here, so it seemed legit.
                                                  I declined, and still have my hair, mental facilities, and full use of all three limbs. #THXBOB

Comment

I won’t disagree that you don’t like his voice. It’s cool. You don’t have to. Hell, Dylan has said he can’t sing. But I find his voice compelling. His phrasing interesting. Getting to hear him present his own work is fascinating. But I like rough voices. Love Jerry Garcia, Jagger, kristopherson, Willie, etc...I feel those voices have truth in them. Like bobs. Like, it’s easy to believe the story they are telling you. If that makes sense?

Anyway, lots of room for all types of music lovers out there. I have a large playlist of Dylan songs sung by others I put on a lot because I like the songs and my wife likes the singers.

Rock on.

Comment

https://youtu.be/jPd0EtQ_1Ck

also if you want Bob on YouTube, follow Elston Gunn...
                                                      Yes this is it! With the original crowd noise and everything. I used to play that 30 second intro over and over. Levon was a god on the drums.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                      X
                                                      UA-124223861-1