First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keef View Post

those are some great years. I think you meant 1979 (year slow train came out) or you're leaving out some of his best years 72-79.

I feel like he started coming back into his own in 1992 with Good as I been to you. and by 1997 had his shit back on point through 2012.

I like songs between '73-'78, but I really prefer everything up through Blood on the Tracks much more.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post

I like songs between '73-'78, but I really prefer everything up through Blood on the Tracks much more.
      fair enough, Bob's got something for everyone. I find my favorites' of Dylan's change as time goes by.

Comment

Holy crap. Dylan put out another song and announce his first album of new material in 8 years.

https://youtu.be/2QPBpFAKTGo

Comment

RE: 2020 - I think we ought to take some of these people, put 'em on a boat, and send 'em up to Bear Mountain for a picnic.

Comment

After twenty-four years of being a huge fan...
            still, my fav song is "Like a Rolling Stone." (gulp)
            I think "No Direction Home" (Scorsese) cemented that.

My favorite album is "Bringing it all Back Home."
            It was "Its Alright, Ma" that tipped the scales that way.
            #2 is Blonde on Blonde

Comment

After twenty-four years of being a huge fan...
              still, my fav song is "Like a Rolling Stone." (gulp)
              I think "No Direction Home" (Scorsese) cemented that.

My favorite album is "Bringing it all Back Home."
              It was "Its Alright, Ma" that tipped the scales that way.
              #2 is Blonde on Blonde
              I'm about the same number of years in as a crazy fan. There's really not a time frame of his that I haven't thought at some point "well, this is the best Bob ever". Even the 80s, which is pretty lean in the studio album department, produced some unreal stuff on his bootlegs from that period. His work from the the early 90s blues cover albums to Rough and Rowdy Ways this spring (sans those Sinatra albums) is insane good.

In one of my fanboy FB clubs someone asked folks to list their favorite songs of his that weren't on actual albums. That list alone is a HoF career. Just a crazy talent.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

https://apnews.com/article/business-...52a1b6af82ed20

WELL, F*CK...

Comment

Originally posted by Mixer! View Post
                    just going to hear a shit load more Dylan in commercials and movies now....even more than you already do (and probably dont' even know it)

Comment

The real question is "for how much"? I had originally heard $300M, which seems insanely low considering other similar situations.

Comment

My initial thoughts:

1) the price of tickets for the Dylan museum will either undergo a significant increase or there might not be any of Bob's music to be heard.

2) UMG could/will start blocking any videos with his music in it, despite fair use laws.

3) These are the same jackals that let thousands of master tapes burn in 2008, and we're expected to trust them with the legacy of America's Poet Laureate?

4) Bob is getting up there in age, I hope this wasn't motivated by a downturn in his health.

keef

Comment

Originally posted by Mixer! View Post
                          My initial thoughts:

1) the price of tickets for the Dylan museum will either undergo a significant increase or there might not be any of Bob's music to be heard.

2) UMG could/will start blocking any videos with his music in it, despite fair use laws.

3) These are the same jackals that let thousands of master tapes burn in 2008, and we're expected to trust them with the legacy of America's Poet Laureate?

4) Bob is getting up there in age, I hope this wasn't motivated by a downturn in his health.

keef
                          I'm far from a completionist of Bob Dylan albums/bootlegs, but I have soooo many albums and bootlegs that whatever UMG does has zero effect on my listening life. And I know where to get more obscure stuff anytime I want it. Hell, I have every Dylan show I've been to with one lone exception that I just can't find....yet.

Comment

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rock...ishing-rights/

MORE POSSIBLE CONTEXT

Comment

RE: sale- If I hear a song I consider sacred in an ad for some dumbfuck product of the corporate empire, I'm going to lose it.
                              Michael Jackson did it to Lennon, so I'm expecting faring "farewell" to my grip on reality.

Comment

RE: sale- If I hear a song I consider sacred in an ad for some dumbfuck product of the corporate empire, I'm going to lose it.
                                Michael Jackson did it to Lennon, so I'm expecting faring "farewell" to my grip on reality.
                                Let me help you out: stop watching ads.

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post

Let me help you out: stop watching ads.
                                  Live sports.

Comment

Live sports.
                                    okay, i'll help you, but it's only because you seem like a decent person. the simple answer is: become a fan of teams that don't really require a live following.

but, if you want to hang onto your little ou team, at least understand how to use a restroom, the mute button, your kitchen or a home bar.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                    X
                                    UA-124223861-1