Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 week 14 Conference Ratings

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    2022 week 14 Conference Ratings

    2022 week 14 Conference Ratings

    SEC...........50.61
    Big 12........49.68
    Pac 12........40.72
    Big 10........39.24
    ACC...........35.71
    AAC...........30.33
    Sun Belt......26.56
    Independent...23.33
    CUSA..........21.07
    MWC...........18.31
    MAC...........17.99​

    #2
    So basically the Big 12 is about the same as the SEC. lol

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by FoCoSooner View Post
      So basically the Big 12 is about the same as the SEC. lol
      Yes, according to most computer ratings.

      Sagarin has Big 12 1st
      Massey has Big 12 2nd
      Colley has Big 12 2nd
      Wolfe has Big 12 2nd
      Howell has Big 12 2nd​

      Texas played Alabama to a one point loss with a backup QB and Texas is a four loss team. Texas has the number two strength of schedule in college football. Kansas St has the Number three SOS and TCU SOS is ranked 20th.​

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by DarrellS View Post

        Yes, according to most computer ratings.

        Sagarin has Big 12 1st
        Massey has Big 12 2nd
        Colley has Big 12 2nd
        Wolfe has Big 12 2nd
        Howell has Big 12 2nd​

        Texas played Alabama to a one point loss with a backup QB and Texas is a four loss team. Texas has the number two strength of schedule in college football. Kansas St has the Number three SOS and TCU SOS is ranked 20th.​
        Looks pretty good until you find out the B12 has not played for a NC in what 13? years. Never won a playoff game. Meanwhile the SEC has won a pile of NC's, plenty of games, etc..


        The Big 12 is not really much of a factor over the last decade + when it comes to football. But the numbers are nice.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by FoCoSooner View Post

          Looks pretty good until you find out the B12 has not played for a NC in what 13? years. Never won a playoff game. Meanwhile the SEC has won a pile of NC's, plenty of games, etc..


          The Big 12 is not really much of a factor over the last decade + when it comes to football. But the numbers are nice.
          None of that has anything to do with today's ratings. SEC is number one and the Big 12 is number two.​

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by DarrellS View Post

            None of that has anything to do with today's ratings. SEC is number one and the Big 12 is number two.​
            No, the Big 12 is clearly not the Forum conference overall. Everyone knows that.

            But it is neat that there is a way to make a conference appear to be right behind the SEC when in reality they are miles apart.

            Chalk up another "top to bottom" championship for the Big 12.

            Comment


              #7
              Rnk Team............... W L .PF .PA .APF .APA .OR. .DR. .Raw. .SOS. Rating Win % Final

              002 Texas Christian... 12 0 496 294 41.3 24.5 81.3 35.5 116.8 0.746 87.16 1.000 87.16
              008 Kansas State....... 9 3 401 233 33.4 19.4 73.4 40.6 114.0 0.833 94.96 0.750 71.22
              010 Texas.............. 8 4 428 254 35.7 21.2 75.7 38.8 114.5 0.864 98.93 0.667 65.95
              024 Texas Tech......... 7 5 403 354 33.6 29.5 73.6 30.5 104.1 0.797 82.95 0.583 48.39
              032 Oklahoma State..... 7 5 381 352 31.8 29.3 71.8 30.7 102.4 0.718 73.54 0.583 42.90
              036 Baylor............. 6 6 403 319 33.6 26.6 73.6 33.4 107.0 0.763 81.64 0.500 40.82
              039 Oklahoma........... 6 6 395 355 32.9 29.6 72.9 30.4 103.3 0.788 81.43 0.500 40.71
              041 Kansas............. 6 6 410 406 34.2 33.8 74.2 26.2 100.3 0.810 81.27 0.500 40.64
              060 West Virginia...... 5 7 367 395 30.6 32.9 70.6 27.1 097.7 0.786 76.77 0.417 31.99
              073 Iowa State......... 4 8 242 243 20.2 20.3 60.2 39.8 099.9 0.811 81.03 0.333 27.01
              32.5 Big 12............ 7 5 393 321 32.7 26.7 72.7 33.3 106.0 0.792 83.97 0.583 49.68

              001 Georgia........... 12 0 459 136 38.3 11.3 78.3 48.7 126.9 0.750 95.19 1.000 95.19
              005 Tennessee......... 10 2 568 282 47.3 23.5 87.3 36.5 123.8 0.713 88.29 0.833 73.58
              007 Alabama........... 10 2 489 216 40.8 18.0 80.8 42.0 122.8 0.697 85.56 0.833 71.30
              011 Louisiana State.... 9 3 390 258 32.5 21.5 72.5 38.5 111.0 0.769 85.36 0.750 64.02
              017 Mississippi State.. 8 4 392 290 32.7 24.2 72.7 35.8 108.5 0.761 82.57 0.667 55.05
              021 Mississippi........ 8 4 410 290 34.2 24.2 74.2 35.8 110.0 0.710 78.10 0.667 52.07
              023 South Carolina..... 8 4 380 330 31.7 27.5 71.7 32.5 104.2 0.705 73.44 0.667 48.96
              031 Kentucky........... 7 5 265 229 22.1 19.1 62.1 40.9 103.0 0.727 74.88 0.583 43.68
              038 Florida............ 6 6 381 345 31.8 28.8 71.8 31.3 103.0 0.791 81.47 0.500 40.74
              045 Arkansas........... 6 6 368 345 30.7 28.8 70.7 31.3 101.9 0.774 78.88 0.500 39.44
              050 Missouri........... 6 6 306 300 25.5 25.0 65.5 35.0 100.5 0.713 71.66 0.500 35.83
              057 Auburn............. 5 7 297 354 24.8 29.5 64.8 30.5 095.3 0.828 78.87 0.417 32.86
              068 Texas A&M.......... 5 7 273 254 22.8 21.2 62.8 38.8 101.6 0.660 67.05 0.417 27.94
              069 Vanderbilt......... 5 7 295 432 24.6 36.0 64.6 24.0 088.6 0.755 66.88 0.417 27.87
              31.6 SEC........... 7.5 4.5 377 290 31.4 24.2 71.4 35.8 107.2 0.740 79.16 0.625 50.61​


              Top to bottom the SEC is not that much better than the Big 12. SEC, slightly better average rank (one spot) and W-L record. Big 12, Better offense, SEC better defense. SEC, one point better raw rating. Big 12, stronger schedule strength.

              Will Georgia win the national championship? Probably. That doesn't mean the SEC is so much better than any other conference. It just means that Georgia is the best team in college football.

              Comment

              Unconfigured Ad Widget

              Collapse

              Go To Top

              Collapse

              Working...
              X
              UA-124223861-1