Announcement

Collapse

NEW POSTERS

Due to the increasing number of Russians you will now be required to have 25 posts before you can start your own thread. Hopefully after the NFL playoffs we can remove this. Sorry for the inconvenience for you new guys.
See more
See less

Embedded YouTube support

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once the embedded You Tube support comes online, I'll re populate the Archives with all the games from my channel

Originally posted by LASooner View Post
    Once the embedded You Tube support comes online, I'll re populate the Archives with all the games from my channel
    I added it. There's just no way of showing it yet.

Just use "[ YOUTUBE ] ID [/ YOUTUBE ] without the spaces.

Comment

TEST

[YOUTUBE}dQw4w9WgXcQ[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Doesn't appear to be functioning yet

Comment

I've used it twice. It worked fine the first time. The second time it did not display the video, just a field of white background where the video was supposed to appear.
          Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Comment

TEST

[YOUTUBE}dQw4w9WgXcQ[/YOUTUBE]
            You do realize you used a curly bracket, right?

Comment

TEST

Test again. I fixed his curly bracket problem, but all I see is a blank grey box.

Comment

Testing as well:

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Test again. I fixed his curly bracket problem, but all I see is a blank grey box.
                  I used the advanced editor, add video clip. It took the entire youtube url, but it appears to work.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerBourne View Post

I used the advanced editor, add video clip. It took the entire youtube url, but it appears to work.
                    Are you seeing a signature under my posts? For some reason it only shows up for me if I edit and save.

Comment

Are you seeing a signature under my posts? For some reason it only shows up for me if I edit and save.
                      I am not seeing a signature. I haven't tried working out that feature yet to see if there is some special magic that has to happen to make it work. I will jack around with it here in a bit.

Comment

• dallasstars10
                        dallasstars10 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We turned signatures off.

• SoonerBourne
                        SoonerBourne commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, I added a comment in another thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Youtube time to start a video at a certain point would be cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post
                        Youtube time to start a video at a certain point would be cool too.
                        BB code for that:

[ youtubetime=19 ]qf2Dr3XJUJk[ /youtubetime ]
                        Last edited by Stinger_1066; 03-28-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Testing as well:

You're using video tags, not youtube tags. The youtube tags worked the first time I tried, but ever since all I see is a blank screen.

Comment

You're using video tags, not youtube tags. The youtube tags worked the first time I tried, but ever since all I see is a blank screen.
                            Correct. I thought OP was wanting to embed videos he had posted to youtube of old games, etc. I was only pointing out that he could do it without having to wait for the youtube bb code to be implemented.

Comment

As a further, I'm guessing it is just a bit of time before it can be implemented. Here is how:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...outube-bb-code

I'm sure they are aware of that, just trying to help streamline searching where possible. Side note, I'm thinking of buying vbulletin just for the hell of it so I can play around with the code behind.

Comment

As a further, I'm guessing it is just a bit of time before it can be implemented. Here is how:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...outube-bb-code

I'm sure they are aware of that, just trying to help streamline searching where possible. Side note, I'm thinking of buying vbulletin just for the hell of it so I can play around with the code behind.
                                Do it!

Comment

Do it!
                                  So, apparently 100 posts does make you a senior member. Thought the others were joking with you in the other thread...

Comment

So, apparently 100 posts does make you a senior member. Thought the others were joking with you in the other thread...
                                    Nope. 30 = Member. 100 = Senior Member.

Comment

BB code for that:

[ youtubetime=19 ]qf2Dr3XJUJk[ /youtubetime ]
                                      I tried that yesterday and couldn't get it to work.

Comment

I don't want to have to post those games more than once, so I'd rather wait until it's functioning

Comment

What am I doing wrong here? Can't see the YouTube videos I tried to link:

https://www.dirtburglars.com/forum/s...cy-trades-2018

Comment

Test Youtube video link using bbcode:

Last edited by SoonerBourne; 03-29-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I tried both "youtube" and "youtubex" with no success. On my private install here is the code I'm using in "replacement" for my youtube bbcode and it is working fine in the same browser:

Code:
                                              <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{param}"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{param}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                                              This is meant for mods, not others.

Comment

Yeah, I tried both "youtube" and "youtubex" with no success. On my private install here is the code I'm using in "replacement" for my youtube bbcode and it is working fine in the same browser:

Code:
                                                <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{param}"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{param}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                                                Something is definitely fucked up with the YOUTUBE tags. The VIDEO tag works fine as long as you embed the full YouTube URL.

Comment

Comment

Code:
                                                    This didn’t work. For some reason I’ve tried several iterations of Bbcode for YouTube and they aren’t working.

Comment

working on this one still, will let you know when it's working

Comment

Originally posted by greensooner View Post
                                                        working on this one still, will let you know when it's working
                                                        What is weird, early on there was a thread called "Nugent" dedicated to Ted Nugent, and I posted the Cat Scratch Fever video from YouTube using the YOUTUBE tags, and it worked correctly. But now it is just a blank screen. As they say in NASCAR, "sumpin blowed!".

Comment

Originally posted by dallasstars10 View Post

This didn’t work. For some reason I’ve tried several iterations of Bbcode for YouTube and they aren’t working.
                                                          Yeah, I didn't know you guys did the vbulletin cloud when I was trying to help. Mine is an install on a VM where I have a lot more control than you guys do. I'm probably not going to purchase a cloud edition in addition to the full license cost I already paid for to help with troubleshooting. I shot Chp a PM with an offer to help, but other than that I'm going to just sit back and let you guys do your work.

vbulletin help link suggests it is probably a permissions thing on each group:
                                                          https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...gs-not-working
                                                          Last edited by SoonerBourne; 03-30-2018, 07:46 AM. Reason: Added vbulletin help link

Comment

nm

Comment

Yeah, I didn't know you guys did the vbulletin cloud when I was trying to help. Mine is an install on a VM where I have a lot more control than you guys do. I'm probably not going to purchase a cloud edition in addition to the full license cost I already paid for to help with troubleshooting. I shot Chp a PM with an offer to help, but other than that I'm going to just sit back and let you guys do your work.

vbulletin help link suggests it is probably a permissions thing on each group:
                                                              https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...gs-not-working
                                                              Yea we are having a ton of Vbulletin issues that would be resolved if we weren’t having them host. We’re looking into moving off of it in the future. This was he easiest to spin up.

Comment

Originally posted by dallasstars10 View Post

Yea we are having a ton of Vbulletin issues that would be resolved if we weren’t having them host. We’re looking into moving off of it in the future. This was he easiest to spin up.
                                                                But isn't cloud-based hosting the future? I'd be worried they will discontinue support for non-cloud versions.

Comment

But isn't cloud-based hosting the future? I'd be worried they will discontinue support for non-cloud versions.
                                                                  Nah, they will still put out the software. The options are host it in their "cloud" (servers) or on your own. We should probably look at Amazon web hosting or the Google offering (long term). But dallasstars is right, the quickest to spin up would be to do the standard install on their servers.

They make too much money licensing to let that just go away IMO.

Comment

Difference between Vbulletin cloud hosting and a real cloud host

Comment

Last edited by greensooner; 03-30-2018, 10:59 PM. Reason: fixing parameters

Comment

YouTube embed function appears to be working. I've had a couple issues with BB code overwriting itself so let me know if this feature is buggy...I'll keep an eye on it myself.

Comment

Test 2

looks like it works.

Comment

Giving this a try, probably a trash attempt.

Comment

#40
                                                                              test

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                              X
                                                                              UA-124223861-1