First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Who

Took my youngest son to the concert last night. Ended up with better seats than I paid for. I guess they didn't sell out. I figure it would've been a bigger crowd if it'd been on the weekend.

Pretty enjoyable night. Not nearly as loud as I thought it'd be. I remember coming out of concerts in my youth and not being able to hear.

Roger was still able to do the scream in Won't Get Fooled Again and hit the notes in Love Reign O'er Me. Although I'm sure they played a step down (maybe more) than what's on the record. He sang every lyric. I remember seeing some young bands in their prime where the singer would drop lyrics because they didn't have the breath control. Roger was impressive for a guy his age.

Pete's guitar was a little low in the mix but he can still play. You could hear it better on songs thst they played without the orchestra. The sound mix was good and clear.

Pete did the windmill several times and Roger twirled the microphone.

Los Lonely Boys was the opener. They had a tight sound. Pretty good.

I saw Los Lonely Boys play in a high school auditorium the same night we played Ohio State and Baker planted the flag (I DVR'd the game and did not know the outcome in advance).

Spoke to a couple of the guys briefly after it was over.

Last time I saw The Who was early eighties in the Cotton Bowl. Great show.

Weekend before last I was at an arts festival in Edmond. Edgar Cruz played for free and he played Baba O'Rielly on his acoustic guitar with no vocals. He also played Bohemian Rhapsody the same way.
    Live Free or Die!

Comment

I didn't get to see Edgar play but I saw the kid that went on before him play. My son and daughter know him. He plays with Edgar and I think he's only 13 or 14. Very talented.

Comment

The Who live are unbelievable.
        I know this is a common song, but crank this, and you'll be impressed:

Comment

Did Keith still kill it on the drums?

Comment

Originally posted by SiggyPoke View Post
            Did Keith still kill it on the drums?
            Ringo's son played drums.

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post

Ringo's son played drums.
              He’s the closest thing to Moonie you’ll get.

The Who is my favorite band. I haven’t seen them a bunch of times - maybe 7 or 8. The last time was 2016. I saw them do Quad(my favorite lp) in Tulsa in 3012. Great show. Roger still sounds great in his 70’s as does Pete. They aren’t as loud as before but still have that clean and crisp sound. I’d like to see them once more but they’re going to StL but not here. My situation isn’t good for overnights. I think it would be interesting with the orchestra. I saw a recent review- maybe in Texas - and they played almost three hours.

Lis Lonely Boys are good stuff. I saw them with Los Lobos. I’ve seen good openers for The Who. The Clash. The Pretenders. Vintage Trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                I saw them do Quad(my favorite lp) in Tulsa in 3012.
                Time traveler, eh?

Comment

Time traveler, eh?
                  Yes.

Comment

Saw them in Munich in 1976 when I was in the air force stationed in Germany. Put on a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

Yes.
                      I've never seen them either.

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post

I've never seen them either.
                        Yeah, but I'd rather just see Van Morrison by himself anyway

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerBornSoonerBrett View Post

Yeah, but I'd rather just see Van Morrison by himself anyway
                          I never heard much about him since he left The Doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post

I never heard much about him since he left The Doors.
                            a-ha! that's who used to play in the band?

Comment

Well, that's just your take on me... I'll take a load off and be levon now

Comment

Oh boy. We're headed into who's on first territory here.

Comment

Took my youngest son to the concert last night. Ended up with better seats than I paid for. I guess they didn't sell out. I figure it would've been a bigger crowd if it'd been on the weekend.

Pretty enjoyable night. Not nearly as loud as I thought it'd be. I remember coming out of concerts in my youth and not being able to hear.

Roger was still able to do the scream in Won't Get Fooled Again and hit the notes in Love Reign O'er Me. Although I'm sure they played a step down (maybe more) than what's on the record. He sang every lyric. I remember seeing some young bands in their prime where the singer would drop lyrics because they didn't have the breath control. Roger was impressive for a guy his age.

Pete's guitar was a little low in the mix but he can still play. You could hear it better on songs thst they played without the orchestra. The sound mix was good and clear.

Pete did the windmill several times and Roger twirled the microphone.

Los Lonely Boys was the opener. They had a tight sound. Pretty good.
                                  LLB are the bomb. Seen them like 10 times.

Seen the Who twice

IMO better than the Beatles and Stones.

Just had the bad timing to be eclipsed by Led Zep

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

LLB are the bomb. Seen them like 10 times.

Seen the Who twice

IMO better than the Beatles and Stones.

Just had the bad timing to be eclipsed by Led Zep
                                    Eclipsed? As LZ was starting out The Who was hitting their peak - both live and in studio. Who Sell Out. Tommy. Live At Leeds. Who’s Next. Quadraphenia. Who By Numbers. They lost some of their live luster as Moon began his decline.

Comment

Here’s the concert in Cincy. Lots of good links to videos.

https://petetownshend.net/gigography...Q1YsQsRA6_xv5g

Comment

after I think pete's perturbed at a fan request for "naked eye," it then looks sorta setup. but cute anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                          after I think pete's perturbed at a fan request for "naked eye," it then looks sorta setup. but cute anyway.

Maybe just me but I think he tends to talk to much in the shows. That’s ok. Pete being Pete.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                          X
                                          UA-124223861-1