Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the underrated Pink Floyd album released in 1972. They had basically already completed that little known Dark Side of the Moon thing and were touring it for months before going into the studio.

Comment

These guys are still FABULOUS live...lead singer graduated from Idabel too

Comment

Shocking

Comment

Comment

Styx - Lady. From 1972."Lady" has been credited as the first power ballad

Lady, when you're with me I'm smiling
            Give me all your love
            Your hands build me up when I'm sinking
            Just touch me and my troubles all fade
            Lady, from the moment I saw you
            Standing all alone
            You gave all the love that I needed
            So shy, like a child who has grown
            Lady of the morning
            Love shines in your eyes
            Sparkling, clear and lovely
            You're my lady
            Lady, turns me on when I'm lonely
            Show me all your charm
            Evenings when you lay down beside me
            Just take me gently into your arms
            You're my lady of the morning
            Love shines in your eyes
            You're my lady
            Lady of the morning
            Love shines in your eyes
            You're my lady
            Last edited by ab5sr; 04-24-2022, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Thank You from Zeppelin was before that. Dream On by Aersomith was before Lady also.

Comment

Probably my favorite version of this..

Comment

Comment

Comment

Molly Hatchet - Flirtin with disaster

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
                          Molly Hatchet - Flirtin with disaster

Good one. Molly Hatchet had some great album cover art.

Comment

Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post

Good one. Molly Hatchet had some great album cover art.
                            A much younger me loved Southern Rock and the Molly Hatchet covers. One of the worst things about CDs and downloading is the loss of great album covers.

Comment

I can't get this out of my head. I mean, it starts off prettty straight forward like the album (for Dylan), but about a minute in, he pretty well takes the song to another level.

and I can't believe no one liked the Dylan-Wynton Marsalis song I posted earlier. I'm giving you fuckers gold here. Gold, Jerry!

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post

I can't get this out of my head. I mean, it starts off prettty straight forward like the album (for Dylan), but about a minute in, he pretty well takes the song to another level.

and I can't believe no one liked the Dylan-Wynton Marsalis song I posted earlier. I'm giving you fuckers gold here. Gold, Jerry!
                                I just never could get into his "valley-girl" sounding voice...sounds like Stuart from SNL The Californians. I appreciate his lyrics sometimes, but just not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post

I just never could get into his "valley-girl" sounding voice...sounds like Stuart from SNL The Californians. I appreciate his lyrics sometimes, but just not my cup of tea.
                                  totally understand not liking his voice. I love it. But there's very few in the middle when it comes to his voice. His voice is definitely far from valley girl anymore.

Anyway, that Marsalis venture is worth a listen just for Wynton and his band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE_15RdBOcs&t=13s

Comment

I've been binging on The Sopranos last couple weeks. I had never seen a full episode. in S2E6, I heard this song:

and I was trying to remember the film that I relate it to ... oh! Terrence Malik's Badlands, one of the best of all time.

wiki tells me that a live version of BÖC's "7 screaming diz-busters" parodies the spoken part of the song. so, it now holds a more special place in my heart.

Comment

A cover that is better the the original.

Stryper doing Iron Maiden.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                        I've been binging on The Sopranos last couple weeks. I had never seen a full episode. in S2E6, I heard this song:

and I was trying to remember the film that I relate it to ... oh! Terrence Malik's Badlands, one of the best of all time.

wiki tells me that a live version of BÖC's "7 screaming diz-busters" parodies the spoken part of the song. so, it now holds a more special place in my heart.
                                        That's crazy, I did the exact same thing a while back, binging the Sopranos and heard that song and had to go find it. It's a scene where they're sitting down at a restaurant I believe? But yeah, I love that song.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post

That's crazy, I did the exact same thing a while back...
                                          there are some pretty far out cultural references on that show. I've just been digging deep into the teachings Canadian philosopher/prophet Marshall McLuhan (s2e11).

Comment

Rainbow's final album with Dio probably has Blackmore's best guitar work. Here's Kill the King.

Comment

again with music from The Sopranos??

one of the top 10 bands of all time. no doubt. up there with the greatest of the great.

Comment

Comment

more from The Sopranos...

hadn't heard this song in soooooo long. such a great percussion/rhythm track. I played the shit out of it from the now out of print compilation album, Rewind ('84).

Comment

I always associate it with Dirty Dancing. Great soundtrack.

Comment

This exact version popped into my YouTube a couple of nights ago, too.

Moon Hooch

Comment

another great song from The Sopranos...

this was written by Tim Hardin sometime in the '60s. covered by countless artists including Johnny Cash, Leon Russell, Bob Seger and Robert Plant. the Bobby Darin version is featured in The Sopranos.

Comment

another great song from The Sopranos...

this was written by Tim Hardin sometime in the '60s. covered by countless artists including Johnny Cash, Leon Russell, Bob Seger and Robert Plant. the Bobby Darin version is featured in The Sopranos.

Always loved Plant's version the most. Great song.

Comment

Jeff Beck's Truth is just great top to bottom.

Comment

Comment

I love this guy's covers. It also demonstrates the amazing downstroke style of the great Johnny Ramone. I swear this guy is Johnny Ramone reincarnated.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I can go on….and on..with excellent music. Nothing today compares. One more…but I ain’t through. I Fukn love music…

Comment

If THIS don’t go THROUGH you, YOU have NO soul….or ANYTHING Stevie Knicks sings…along with Fleetwood Mac

Comment

Another: Listen to these many times on a slow ride down the desolate areas of MS, whether it be a dirt road, river, or setting on a sandbar…and loving it.

Comment

SEC, if you like listening to that era of Fleetwood Mac you might like this...

It's especially good if you play it over the top of Fleetwood Mac. Try it over Gypsy
                                                                              Last edited by Ruprecht; 05-19-2022, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post
                                                                                  SEC, if you like listening to that era of Fleetwood Mac you might like this...

It's especially good if you play it over the top of Fleetwood Mac. Try it over Gypsy

Comment

Here's the last actually great Fleetwood Mac song.

Comment

80's throwback.

Comment

And another Aussie throwback.

Comment

Five more minutes:we wish we all had:

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
                                                                                            Here's the last actually great Fleetwood Mac song.

Just wanted to say that I'll never forget 1977. Rumours took the world by storm. 4 top ten singles from that album and virtually every song on that record got some airplay. I don't think there has ever been anybody else besides maybe the Beatles who had a record like that.

That was the album that dominated the airways for almost a year and it was great we had one last great pop album before disco took completely over with that Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Mac stayed strong even through that era... but for a good part of 1977 they OWNED the airwaves.

Comment

Just wanted to say that I'll never forget 1977. Rumours took the world by storm. 4 top ten singles from that album and virtually every song on that record got some airplay. I don't think there has ever been anybody else besides maybe the Beatles who had a record like that.

That was the album that dominated the airways for almost a year and it was great we had one last great pop album before disco took completely over with that Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Mac stayed strong even through that era... but for a good part of 1977 they OWNED the airwaves.
                                                                                              Never cared for the pop era of Fleetwood Mac but it's better than the soft rock era.

Comment

built to spill
                                                                                                there's nothing wrong with love (full album)

Built to Spill has been my favorite band since I was in my 20s, thanks for posting.

Comment

The new Red Hot Chili Peppers album is really good, the first with John Frusciante back at guitar in 15 years. Here is my favorite song from the album:

Comment

Aimee Mann...
                                                                                                    I have three of her solo albums: bachelor nbr 2, lost in space, the forgotten arm. they're really good. an article about her rush collaboration showed up on my google feed today.

Comment

Someone that don’t like or appreciate Fleetwood MAC is fukd.up.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1