Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEC View Post

Someone that don’t like or appreciate Fleetwood MAC is fukd.up.com
    A few pages back he thought Survivor should be Rock N Roll HOF, so that should tell you all you need to know.

Comment

The Rumors being everywhere in 77 statement got me curious. I looked it up and that album produced 4 Top 10 hits. Not a lot ahead of that but a few. From some article:

There are at least 15 albums in history that have produced five top 10 hits, including releases from Madonna, Janet Jackson, Bon Jovi and New Kids on the Block, to name just a few. The most recent projects that have pushed exactly five singles into the top 10 include Taylor Swift’s 1989, The Black Eyed Peas’ The E.N.D. and Fergie’s The Dutchess.

Four titles have sent exactly six songs into the Hot 100’s top 10: Michael Jackson’s Bad, George Michael’s Faith, Janet Jackson’s Janet. and Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream.

Just four other albums have made it to seven top 10 singles, which currently stands as the most impressive performance among all albums in U.S. history: Michael Jackson’s Thriller, Bruce Springsteen’ Born in the U.S.A., Janet Jackson’s Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 and Drake’s Scorpion (which holds the record for the most simultaneous top 10 hits, with seven).

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post

I have three of her solo albums: bachelor nbr 2, lost in space, the forgotten arm. they're really good. an article about her rush collaboration showed up on my google feed today.

I never knew she collaborated with Rush. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvana Norman View Post

A few pages back he thought Survivor should be Rock N Roll HOF, so that should tell you all you need to know.
          That was in the RnR HOF Thread and I said I liked Europe and Survivor over Duran Duran not that they should get in their. Then again the put Dolly Parton in there this year so...

Fleetwood Mac's commercial era is mostly meh. Peter Green's era was way bluesier way more catchy. Guitar work was way better. Songs were consistently good. Nicks/Buckingham era is still way better than the easy listening era from like 70-74.

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post
            The Rumors being everywhere in 77 statement got me curious. I looked it up and that album produced 4 Top 10 hits. Not a lot ahead of that but a few. From some article:

There are at least 15 albums in history that have produced five top 10 hits, including releases from Madonna, Janet Jackson, Bon Jovi and New Kids on the Block, to name just a few. The most recent projects that have pushed exactly five singles into the top 10 include Taylor Swift’s 1989, The Black Eyed Peas’ The E.N.D. and Fergie’s The Dutchess.

Four titles have sent exactly six songs into the Hot 100’s top 10: Michael Jackson’s Bad, George Michael’s Faith, Janet Jackson’s Janet. and Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream.

Just four other albums have made it to seven top 10 singles, which currently stands as the most impressive performance among all albums in U.S. history: Michael Jackson’s Thriller, Bruce Springsteen’ Born in the U.S.A., Janet Jackson’s Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 and Drake’s Scorpion (which holds the record for the most simultaneous top 10 hits, with seven).
            I would think one of the first NA Beatles albums would have pulled off that feat too. Prince's Purple Rain too.

Comment

80s.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post

I would think one of the first NA Beatles albums would have pulled off that feat too. Prince's Purple Rain too.
                Fleetwood Mac. Gotta have a bad ear not to hear their greatness. But, they’re just one band I like. ZZ Top…burnt up many amps and woofers in the day listening to them guysms, amongst others. But no one is better than AC/DC far as R&R…no one. Here’s a gem that don’t get a lot of love:

Badass:

Comment

That's great information and for sure, Thriller in 1983 was a lot like Rumours in 1977 and as you said it had even more hit songs. But what I remember about Rumours more than anything was the fact that just about every song got airplay at some level. And probably the reason for that is that radio was in it's wild west era. AM was still playing pop. FM was within a year of destroying AM as a signal. Stations like KATT weren't formula at that time.

So you had WKY and KOMA playing Mac's hit records on AM, you had new FM"album oriented" stations like KATT playing their what is now know as "deep cuts" and then we had "underground" stations like KOFM which played the rest of Rumours. KOFM was really avant garde in those days and played all kinds of crazy stuff.

By the time Thriller came out radio stations were structured again through the FM signal. KOFM went from underground to being the new WKY.

But the early '70s to about '78 was great if you had an FM radio (and not that many people did believe it or not).

Comment

Here is a vintage KOFM song from 1974. The Strawbs- Round and Round. Nobody in the States except for hard core FM people had ever heard of the Strawbs.

Last edited by Ruprecht; 05-21-2022, 11:12 PM.

Comment

And while KOFM was playing shit nobody ever heard of...

KATT might be playing a similar type prog song like this "deep cut" from Ambrosia... "Nice, Nice, Very Nice"

Comment

And people actually knew who Ambrosia was because an AM station like KOMA would be playing their top 40 hit "Holdin' on to Yesterday"

Comment

Caused me a lot of stress and headache here one rainy night:

Matter fact, that whole album.

Comment

Meanwhile, OKC's top radio station WKY-AM would deem all those other songs "too controversial" and would be playing something like this...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post
                              Meanwhile, OKC's top radio station WKY-AM would deem all those other songs "too controversial" and would be playing something like this...

She was a cutey. Xanadu was the shiznit.

Comment

Absolutely nothing good about Boston, but Boston:

Comment

ELO, there is no other band even in their league..while they may not be “the best” band all time, there’s no doubt they are the most talented. There’s not 3 or 5, there’s multiple members playing many instruments to bring the music they can put together. And they are great. If anyone has any doubts about this, just check out their live performance in Wembley, London a few years ago. The whole show…here’s a few:

Last edited by SEC; 05-22-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Whole smear, minus the great graphics of live TV. Anyone that can catch it, do so…

Comment

One some here may recognize outside of a couple ELO songs:

Comment

Comment

Black Sabbath showing their versatility here even under Ozzy with a Jazz song at the end of Symptom of the Universe.

Comment

Here's another from Fleetwood Mac.

Kinda reminds me of Since I've Been Loving You or Tea for One from Zeppelin.

Comment

Here's another from Fleetwood Mac.

Kinda reminds me of Since I've Been Loving You or Tea for One from Zeppelin.
                                                  If yer trying to diminish or make fun of Fleetwood Mac to those that grew up, listened to and appreciate their music, which absolutely seems like you are, don’t keep digging a huge hole.

And that’s about as nice as I can be. Nothing you are posting is legend FWM.

This is legend FWM…

Comment

If yer trying to diminish or make fun of Fleetwood Mac to those that grew up, listened to and appreciate their music, which absolutely seems like you are, don’t keep digging a huge hole.

Are you not familiar with the original FM lineup? I don't see how posting the Peter Green years and comparing those to Zeppelin as him "diminishing" or "making fun" of the Mac?

Comment

Comment

Are you not familiar with the original FM lineup? I don't see how posting the Peter Green years and comparing those to Zeppelin as him "diminishing" or "making fun" of the Mac?
                                                        Yes…I may be misunderstanding zepps intentions. If so, I stand corrected. Backhanded attempts at absolutes are on all boards.

Comment

Yes…I may be misunderstanding zepps intentions. If so, I stand corrected. Backhanded attempts at absolutes are on all boards.
                                                          try spending part of each day NOT on a message board. it helps.

Comment

try spending part of each day NOT on a message board. it helps.
                                                            I’m trying to catch polywawgs for big cat bait, mister. As we speak. Watching a lighted cork…and this board.

Fixing to put some big flatheads next week in the boat.

So, move on..if yer aggravated.

Comment

I’m trying to catch polywawgs for big cat bait
                                                              In my experience- small, slightly wounded children are more effective "big cat" bait, but it's possible we're talking about two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post

In my experience- small, slightly wounded children are more effective "big cat" bait, but it's possible we're talking about two different things.
                                                                Have a few of those as well…however, small mud cats(polywawgs) are Scooby snacks to big Tabby’s

Comment

This is legend FWM…

You just don't know anything about the history of the band. They were around for about 8 years before Nicks and Buckingham joined. There's a reason the Peter Green era is just better his guitar work is way more advanced. Don't Stop is a terrible song BTW. The very reason I'm mostly meh on them Too much of a disposable pop sound at times. I get a few of their songs from that era like Tusk, Never Going Back Again, The Chain. But then you got the awful pop songs like Don't Stop, Landslide, Go Your Own Way, Dreams, or pretty much anything Nicks wrote.

Comment

You just don't know anything about the history of the band. They were around for about 8 years before Nicks and Buckingham joined. There's a reason the Peter Green era is just better his guitar work is way more advanced. Don't Stop is a terrible song BTW. The very reason I'm mostly meh on them Too much of a disposable pop sound at times. I get a few of their songs from that era like Tusk, Never Going Back Again, The Chain. But then you got the awful pop songs like Don't Stop, Landslide, Go Your Own Way, Dreams, or pretty much anything Nicks wrote.
                                                                    I do.

Just thought you were bashing.

As you were(military term)….IOW, carry on, mate…

Comment

Have a few of those as well…however, small mud cats(polywawgs) are Scooby snacks to big Tabby’s
                                                                      I'd say "slightly wounded deer", but few deer fall for the "hey, can you step on this bear trap pedal to make sure it still works?" ruse, and that's only when you can get close enough to ask. Three-year-old's? every. single. time.

Comment

Other than Stevie Nicks sounding like a sheep, those MAC songs weren't that bad. They just got driven into the ground. I can't really listen to them anymore for the same reason I can't listen to Classic Rock anymore. All they do is play songs I'm still sick of from 40-50 years ago.

But I will say that FM's sound prior to Nicks and Buckingham was way more bluesy and IMO more musically sophisticated. I actually think the only FM record I actually bought was "Mystery to Me" which came out right before they changed their sound. Didn't need to buy anything after that. Just listen to the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvana Norman View Post

Please tell me that you're making this up just to razz him.

Even Survivor doesn't think Survivor should be in the RHOF.

Comment

way, way out of my wheelhouse with some synth pop from canada.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                                                              way, way out of my wheelhouse with some synth pop from canada.

Not in my wheelhouse either but I like it. And by the way, KEXP puts out a ton of really good live music performance videos. that's Seattle, right? Here's another one from a band I really like. I may have already added it a while back, but not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                                                                                KEXP puts out a ton of really good live music performance videos. that's Seattle, right? Here's another one from a band I really like.
                                                                                yep, seattle. they're the best. very eclectic. still on 90.3 fm and streaming live (and on tunein). I love their roots/blues/country block three days a week. check out their schedule and search their archives.

https://www.kexp.org

Osees are great. thanks!

Comment

Comment

I guess I missed his passing a few days ago, pouring one out, RIP.

Comment

I've always liked this version..

Comment

Comment

Comment

Depeche Mode..."Policy Of Truth"...Violator...1990

"...things could be so different now...it used to be so civilized..."

So fortunate to have had DM as a part of my coming of age soundtrack...RIP AF

Comment

Led Zeppelin..."Houses Of The Holy"...Physical Graffiti...1975

"...there's an angel on my shoulder...in my hand a sword of gold..."

Killer riff from a killer track...every day I crank Zep is a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by VUGear View Post
                                                                                                I don't know a whole lot about that band but I've always liked what I've heard.

Comment

DM Music for the Masses [full album]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1