Announcement

Collapse

NEW POSTERS

Due to the increasing number of Russians you will now be required to have 25 posts before you can start your own thread. Hopefully after the NFL playoffs we can remove this. Sorry for the inconvenience for you new guys.
See more
See less

Bluetooth audio lagging behind video

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth audio lagging behind video

I have a Bluetooth transmitter connected to my TV auxiliary audio output. The sound emanating from the speakers is maybe a 10th of a second behind the video. Not horrible, but kind of irritating.

When I hook speakers directly to the auxiliary out there is no lag, so obviously the delay is being introduced by the transmitter.

Any suggestions on how to overcome it? I don't want to have to run wires, hence Bluetooth.
    Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Sound travels faster thru wires. Have you thought about running wires?

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
      Sound travels faster thru wires. Have you thought about running wires?
      Light travels even faster. There is an optical input option, but I'm not sure if my TV has an optical output. I'll check later today.

Most likely the problem is within the electronics of the transmitter and speakers. Gotta convert that analog electrical signal into an encrypted digitized radio signal, then decode it on the other end and covert it back to analog. That doesn't happen instantaneously. But I'm surprised I've never heard anyone else complain about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Light travels even faster. There is an optical input option, but I'm not sure if my TV has an optical output. I'll check later today.

Most likely the problem is within the electronics of the transmitter and speakers. Gotta convert that analog electrical signal into an encrypted digitized radio signal, then decode it on the other end and covert it back to analog. That doesn't happen instantaneously. But I'm surprised I've never heard anyone else complain about this.
        My receiver has a setting that you can delay the video signal by fractions of a second if you are having this problem. Guessing your TV doesn't have that same option?

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

My receiver has a setting that you can delay the video signal by fractions of a second if you are having this problem. Guessing your TV doesn't have that same option?
          I'll check, but I doubt it. Its about 5 years old and a cheapo model.

Is your Bluetooth transmitter built into your TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

I'll check, but I doubt it. Its about 5 years old and a cheapo model.

Is your Bluetooth transmitter built into your TV?
            Sorry...mine are hard wired. I'm old school.

Comment

What's the version level of your bluetooth device?

I've experienced bluetooth "weirdness", albeit not in the config your describing, and found that upgrading to a more current bluetooth version level device gave positive results. Quicker connections, better sound etc.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
              X
              UA-124223861-1