X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Hit Wonders

There are a kazzillion one hit wonders.

Who are your favorite two hit wonders?

Jet and The Outfield are a couple of mine.

Please don't say The Sweet, because you would be wrong.
    Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Wow! Looking back at those Outfield videos, the music was much better without the videos. The videos were GAF!

Comment

Can't have a two hit wonder thread without an experienced host.

Comment

Outfield may have only had a couple of bona fide hits but the Play Deep album had many good songs on it and is still very listenable as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Fallout Boy

Comment

Mr. Mister - Kyrie and Broken Wings

As far as I'm aware, those were their only hits.

Comment

Quiet Riot with Cum on feel the Noize and Mental Health

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post
                Outfield may have only had a couple of bona fide hits but the Play Deep album had many good songs on it and is still very listenable as far as I'm concerned.
                Everytime You Cry, Talk to Me, 61 Seconds are all good.

Comment

GTR

When the Heart Rules the Mind
                  The Hunter (pushing it as a "hit")

Comment

A-Ha-Take on Me and The Sun Always Shines on TV

Golding Earing - Twilight Zone and Radar Love

Comment

Winning It All is still arguably the best montage song for sports highlights if your team wins a championship. One Hot Country from the If Looks Could Kill Soundtrack (Richard Grieco) was a childhood favorite.

Comment

Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina and Wild Thing

Comment

Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait and Point of No Return

Comment

Animotion - Obsession and Room to Move

Comment

spin doctors. two princes, little miss can't be wrong.

Comment

Human League would be the perfect 3-hit wonder with Don't You Want Me, Keep Feeling (Fascination), and Human.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher View Post
                                  (pushing it as a "hit")
                                  Yeah, have to distinguish between "released as a single" versus "charting in the top 40"...

Comment

General Public - Tenderness and I'll Take You There

Comment

You gotta include Bruce Willis with Respect Yourself and Under the Boardwalk. The video for Respect Yourself is fun and June Pointer of The Pointer Sisters sings her ass off for Bruce.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Shoes View Post
                                        You gotta include Bruce Willis with Respect Yourself and Under the Boardwalk.
                                        I prefer these:

SPOILER

Comment

Berlin - Take My Breath Away and No More Words

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Shoes View Post
                                            Berlin - Take My Breath Away and No More Words
                                            Not "Sex (I'm A...)" or "The Metro"???

Comment

Originally posted by VUGear View Post
                                              Not "Sex (I'm A...)" or "The Metro"???
                                              Forgot about those. Ya got me there.

Comment

Romeo Void - Never Say Never and A Girl In Trouble (Is A Temporary Thing)

Comment

Marky Mark and the funky bunch- Good Vibrations, Wildside

Comment

Sophie Hawkins- ‘As I lay me down!’ ‘Damn, wish I was your lover!’

Comment

The Cult

She Sells Sanctuary - peaked at #36 on Billboard Hot 100 during it's 6-week run

Fire Woman - peaked at #46 on Billboard Hot 100

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
                                                        Quiet Riot with Cum on feel the Noize and Mental Health
                                                        I also thought Mama Weer All Crazee Now was a minor hit for them.

Comment

I also thought Mama Weer All Crazee Now was a minor hit for them.
                                                          Those were their only 2 top 40. Maybe Crazed was top 100?

Comment

The Firm - Satisfaction Guaranteed and Radioactive
                                                            The Honeydrippers - Sea of Love and Rockin' at Midnight
                                                            Chris Isaak - Somebody's Watching and Wicked Game

Comment

Blue Oyster Cult - The Reaper and Burnin for You

Foghat - Slow Ride and Fool for the City

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

BOC would technically be a one hit wonder because Burnin' for You didn't really chart that high. But they had some other songs that got radio play. Cities A Flame with Rock and Roll, Godzilla, Hot Rails to Hell. This would be like saying Zeppelin or Jimi Hendrix didn't have hit songs. Hendrix is technically a one hit wonder in the US. Nobody should ever call him that.

Foghat actually several top 40 US singles not just two. Fool For the City wasn't one of them.

Comment

I saw BOC and Foghat together at Lloyd Noble. They did a guitar jam featuring all the members of both groups that was incredible.

Comment

Slow Ride (#20)
                                                                    Third Time Lucky (#23)
                                                                    I Just Want to Make Love to You (#33)
                                                                    Drivin' Wheel (#34)
                                                                    Stone Blue (#36)
                                                                    Fool For The City (#45)

Comment

BOC would technically be a one hit wonder because Burnin' for You didn't really chart that high. But they had some other songs that got radio play. Cities A Flame with Rock and Roll, Godzilla, Hot Rails to Hell.
                                                                      Don't Fear The Reaper (#12)
                                                                      Burning For You (#40)
                                                                      In Thee (#74)
                                                                      Shooting Shark (#83)

Comment

Quiet Riot did better with Slade remakes than Slade did:
                                                                        Cum On Feel The Noize (#5/#98)
                                                                        Mama, Weer All Crazee Now (#51/#76)

They did have their own top 40 hit with Bang Your Head (Metal Health) (#31)

Comment

Originally posted by Mixer! View Post
                                                                          Quiet Riot did better with Slade remakes than Slade did:
                                                                          Cum On Feel The Noize (#5/#98)
                                                                          Mama, Weer All Crazee Now (#51/#76)

They did have their own top 40 hit with Bang Your Head (Metal Health) (#31)
                                                                          I always liked this version:

Comment

Those were their only 2 top 40. Maybe Crazed was top 100?
                                                                            OP didn't specify if had to be top 40. Maybe we need to define what a hit is for this thread.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Billboard top 100?

Comment

#40
                                                                                Whitesnake - Here I Go Again & Is This Love

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina and Wild Thing
                                                                                  Same song.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by SiggyPoke View Post
                                                                                    Beg pardon?

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Billboard Top 100

Thin Lizzy with The Boys are Back in Town and Cowboy Son
                                                                                      Nazareth Love Hurts and Holiday (loved the Loud and Proud album)
                                                                                      Black Oak Arkansas Jim Dandy and Steong Enough to be Gentle (he was nasty in concert )
                                                                                      Patti Smith Because the Night and Frederick
                                                                                      Status Quo Pictures of Matchstick Men and Ice in the Sun (British Boogie)

That's about all I got

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Men Without Hats - Safety Dance and Pop Goes The World.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I don't consider tham as actual music ...

Comment

#46
                                                                                            A lot of people don't care for 80's bands.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Pphilfran View Post
                                                                                              Billboard Top 100

Thin Lizzy with The Boys are Back in Town and Cowboy Son
                                                                                              Jailbreak

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by SiggyPoke View Post
                                                                                                When I first met my wife she insisted that "Crystal Ball" by Whitesnake was one of her favorite songs. I know the original was done by Styx and I can find no evidence that Whitesnake ever covered it, but she insists it is real.

Coverdale can still belt out a tune.

Comment

#49

When I first met my wife she insisted that "Crystal Ball" by Whitesnake was one of her favorite songs. I know the original was done by Styx and I can find no evidence that Whitesnake ever covered it, but she insists it is real.

Play this song for her...she'll probably cream her panties.

Deep Purple song. The Purple album is all Deep Purple stuff covered by WhiteSnake. During the Coverdale years.

Comment

#50

Here's the Coverdale Deep Purple version. Probably what your wifey is thinking about.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1