Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Jailbreak
    The album did good but Billboard says it wasn't a top 100 song on the charts. I was surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Pphilfran View Post

The album did good but Billboard says it wasn't a top 100 song on the charts. I was surprised.
      Me too. I listened to KRXO (classic rock station in OKC) daily for about 25 years. The only Thin Lizzy songs I can recall them playing were The Boys Are Back and Jailbreak. I could not name another Thin Lizzy song.
      Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Comment

Me too. I listened to KRXO (classic rock station in OKC) daily for about 25 years. The only Thin Lizzy songs I can recall them playing were The Boys Are Back and Jailbreak. I could not name another Thin Lizzy song.
        Chinatown, Bad Reputation, Whiskey in the Jar, Dancing in the Moonlight, got radio play. Roisin Dubh, Suicide, Holy War, Cold Sweat, and the entire Thunder and Lightning album are extremely underrated.

Comment

Comment

Gary Glitter: Rock and Roll Part One and Rock and Roll Part Two.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
              Gary Glitter: Rock and Roll Part One and Rock and Roll Part Two.
              Good one. Although he was way bigger in the UK than he was in the US.

I wonder if he ever envisioned Part 2 becoming a world-wide sporting event phenomenon.

I wonder the same about Jack White and Seven Nation Army.

Comment

Good one. Although he was way bigger in the UK than he was in the US.

I wonder if he ever envisioned Part 2 becoming a world-wide sporting event phenomenon.

I wonder the same about Jack White and Seven Nation Army.
                Gary Glitter sold over 20 million records and is still probably more famous for being in prison. Rock and Roll part 1 wasn't his 2nd biggest hit in the US.

Comment

Ace of Base - The Sign, All That She Wants

Coolio - Fantastic Voyage, Gangsta’s Paradise

Morris Day and The Time - The Bird, Jungle Love (altho “Get It Up” and “Gigalos Get Lonely Too” are their best songs)

Naughty By Nature - OPP, Hip Hop Hooray

Toto - Rosanna, Africa (they technically don’t belong, but most people would only recognize those 2 songs.)

The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life, I’ve Got A Feelin’

Hall & Oates - Family Man, Method of Modern Love

Comment

Fuckin' Jay

Comment

I thought you were serious till you put in the Beatles and Hall and Oates. Toto's only really good song was Hold the Line. Not a big fan of Africa or Rosanna.

The Time is essentially Prince. He wrote their songs owned the rights, produced, and played instruments in those songs.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
                        I thought you were serious till you put in the Beatles and Hall and Oates. Toto's only really good song was Hold the Line. Not a big fan of Africa or Rosanna.

The Time is essentially Prince. He wrote their songs owned the rights, produced, and played instruments in those songs.
                        IMO the Porcaro Brothers did their best work as studio musicians for other rockers.

Comment

Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now? and Down Under

Comment

Originally posted by TheRainKing View Post
                            Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now? and Down Under
                            I think It's a Mistake but that might be Overkill...

Comment

Originally posted by VUGear View Post
                              I think It's a Mistake but that might be Overkill...
                              Maria and Be Good Johnny too.

Comment

Paula Cole- Where Have all the Cowboys Gone & I Don’t Want to Wait

Fine Young Cannibals- She Drives Me Crazy & Good Thing

Greg Kihn Band- The Breakup Song & Jeopardy

Firehouse- Don’t Treat Me Bad & Love of a Lifetime

The Motels- Only the Lonely & Suddenly Last Summer

Pure Prairie League- Amie & Let Me Love You Tonight

Skid Row- 18 & Life & I Remember You

White Lion- Wait & When the Children Cry

Chic- Le Freak & Good Times

Tracy Chapman- Fast Car & Give Me One Reason

Andrew Gold- Lonely Boy & Thank You for Being a Friend

10cc- Not in Love & The Things We Do For Love

Suzanne Vega- Luka & Tom’s Diner

Comment

Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post

I was a big Greg Kihn fan. I own at least 3 of his vinyl releases. He really sold his soul with Jeopardy. He played a show at the old Lincoln Forum over on Lincoln north of the capitol.

I thought of another: Head East - Never Been Any Reason and Since You Been Gone.

Comment

Originally posted by SiggyPoke View Post
                                    Whitesnake - Here I Go Again & Is This Love
                                    Still of the night
                                    Down Slow and Easy
                                    Fool for your loving
                                    And others....not a 2 hit band.

Whitesnake had more hits than you probably have IQ points.

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Still of the night
                                      Down Slow and Easy
                                      Fool for your loving
                                      And others....not a 2 hit band.

Whitesnake had more hits than you probably have IQ points.
                                      So, in other words, a two hit band as I said. Thanks for confirming, meadinmybutt.

Comment

FYC also had a #11 hit Don't look back

If it hasn't been mentioned, The Knack only had two hits...unless you count a #38 as a hit, which I don't.

Comment

Greg Kihn Band- The Breakup Song, Jeopardy, Lucky, Happy Man, Love Never Fails

The Motels- Only the Lonely, Suddenly Last Summer, Shame, Remember The Nights, Take the L

Pure Prairie League- Amie, Let Me Love You Tonight, Still Right Here In My Heart, I'm Almost Ready

Chic- Le Freak, Good Times, I Want Your Love, Dance Dance Dance (Yowzah Yowzah Yowzah), My Forbidden Lover, Everybody Dance

10cc- Not in Love, The Things We Do For Love, People In Love, Dreadlock Holiday, Good Morning Judge

SorryNot Sorry, OCD kicked into high gear.

Comment

Teas for fears was one song away from making this list

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                              Teas for fears was one song away from making this list
                                              At least two. They had 4 songs in the US top 5 (7 in the UK top 5).

Comment

At least two. They had 4 songs in the US top 5 (7 in the UK top 5).
                                                I saw 3

What were they

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                                  I saw 3

What were they
                                                  "Sowing the Seeds of Love"
                                                  "Head Over Heels"
                                                  "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
                                                  "Shout"

"Woman in Chains" was also US top-40
                                                  "Mad World" and "Change" were UK top-5 but not so much in the US.

Comment

Zebra - "Who's behind the door" and "Tell me what you want"

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post
                                                      Zebra - "Who's behind the door" and "Tell me what you want"
                                                      I remember "Bears" was also released as a single...

Their third album is also good and I thought "Time" could've been a good single.

Actually I just looked it up and I had no idea "Bears" reached #15 on the US Mainstream Rock chart.

Comment

I remember "Bears" was also released as a single...

Their third album is also good and I thought "Time" could've been a good single.

Actually I just looked it up and I had no idea "Bears" reached #15 on the US Mainstream Rock chart.
                                                        Yeah, maybe a better title would be "Bands known for only two songs" as opposed to actual hits.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                        X
                                                        UA-124223861-1