Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Hit Wonders

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #51
    Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

    Jailbreak
    The album did good but Billboard says it wasn't a top 100 song on the charts. I was surprised.

    Comment


      #52
      Originally posted by Pphilfran View Post

      The album did good but Billboard says it wasn't a top 100 song on the charts. I was surprised.
      Me too. I listened to KRXO (classic rock station in OKC) daily for about 25 years. The only Thin Lizzy songs I can recall them playing were The Boys Are Back and Jailbreak. I could not name another Thin Lizzy song.
      Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

      Comment


        #53
        Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

        Me too. I listened to KRXO (classic rock station in OKC) daily for about 25 years. The only Thin Lizzy songs I can recall them playing were The Boys Are Back and Jailbreak. I could not name another Thin Lizzy song.
        Chinatown, Bad Reputation, Whiskey in the Jar, Dancing in the Moonlight, got radio play. Roisin Dubh, Suicide, Holy War, Cold Sweat, and the entire Thunder and Lightning album are extremely underrated.

        Comment


          #54
          Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

          Me too. I listened to KRXO (classic rock station in OKC) daily for about 25 years. The only Thin Lizzy songs I can recall them playing were The Boys Are Back and Jailbreak. I could not name another Thin Lizzy song.

          Comment


            #55
            Gary Glitter: Rock and Roll Part One and Rock and Roll Part Two.

            Comment


              #56
              Originally posted by Adrian View Post
              Gary Glitter: Rock and Roll Part One and Rock and Roll Part Two.
              Good one. Although he was way bigger in the UK than he was in the US.

              I wonder if he ever envisioned Part 2 becoming a world-wide sporting event phenomenon.

              I wonder the same about Jack White and Seven Nation Army.
              Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

              Comment


                #57
                Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

                Good one. Although he was way bigger in the UK than he was in the US.

                I wonder if he ever envisioned Part 2 becoming a world-wide sporting event phenomenon.

                I wonder the same about Jack White and Seven Nation Army.
                Gary Glitter sold over 20 million records and is still probably more famous for being in prison. Rock and Roll part 1 wasn't his 2nd biggest hit in the US.

                Comment


                  #58
                  Ace of Base - The Sign, All That She Wants

                  Coolio - Fantastic Voyage, Gangsta’s Paradise

                  Morris Day and The Time - The Bird, Jungle Love (altho “Get It Up” and “Gigalos Get Lonely Too” are their best songs)

                  Naughty By Nature - OPP, Hip Hop Hooray

                  Toto - Rosanna, Africa (they technically don’t belong, but most people would only recognize those 2 songs.)

                  The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life, I’ve Got A Feelin’

                  Hall & Oates - Family Man, Method of Modern Love

                  Comment


                    #59
                    Fuckin' Jay

                    Comment


                      #60

                      I thought you were serious till you put in the Beatles and Hall and Oates. Toto's only really good song was Hold the Line. Not a big fan of Africa or Rosanna.

                      The Time is essentially Prince. He wrote their songs owned the rights, produced, and played instruments in those songs.

                      Comment


                        #61
                        Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
                        I thought you were serious till you put in the Beatles and Hall and Oates. Toto's only really good song was Hold the Line. Not a big fan of Africa or Rosanna.

                        The Time is essentially Prince. He wrote their songs owned the rights, produced, and played instruments in those songs.
                        IMO the Porcaro Brothers did their best work as studio musicians for other rockers.

                        Comment


                          #62
                          Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now? and Down Under

                          Comment


                            #63
                            Originally posted by TheRainKing View Post
                            Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now? and Down Under
                            I think It's a Mistake but that might be Overkill...

                            Comment


                              #64
                              Originally posted by VUGear View Post
                              I think It's a Mistake but that might be Overkill...
                              Maria and Be Good Johnny too.

                              Comment


                                #65
                                Paula Cole- Where Have all the Cowboys Gone & I Don’t Want to Wait

                                Fine Young Cannibals- She Drives Me Crazy & Good Thing

                                Greg Kihn Band- The Breakup Song & Jeopardy

                                Firehouse- Don’t Treat Me Bad & Love of a Lifetime

                                The Motels- Only the Lonely & Suddenly Last Summer

                                Pure Prairie League- Amie & Let Me Love You Tonight

                                Skid Row- 18 & Life & I Remember You

                                White Lion- Wait & When the Children Cry

                                Chic- Le Freak & Good Times

                                Tracy Chapman- Fast Car & Give Me One Reason

                                Andrew Gold- Lonely Boy & Thank You for Being a Friend

                                10cc- Not in Love & The Things We Do For Love

                                Suzanne Vega- Luka & Tom’s Diner















                                Comment


                                  #66
                                  Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
                                  Paula Cole- Where Have all the Cowboys Gone & I Don’t Want to Wait

                                  Fine Young Cannibals- She Drives Me Crazy & Good Thing

                                  Greg Kihn Band- The Breakup Song & Jeopardy

                                  Firehouse- Don’t Treat Me Bad & Love of a Lifetime

                                  The Motels- Only the Lonely & Suddenly Last Summer

                                  Pure Prairie League- Amie & Let Me Love You Tonight

                                  Skid Row- 18 & Life & I Remember You

                                  White Lion- Wait & When the Children Cry

                                  Chic- Le Freak & Good Times

                                  Tracy Chapman- Fast Car & Give Me One Reason

                                  Andrew Gold- Lonely Boy & Thank You for Being a Friend

                                  10cc- Not in Love & The Things We Do For Love

                                  Suzanne Vega- Luka & Tom’s Diner
                                  I was a big Greg Kihn fan. I own at least 3 of his vinyl releases. He really sold his soul with Jeopardy. He played a show at the old Lincoln Forum over on Lincoln north of the capitol.

                                  I thought of another: Head East - Never Been Any Reason and Since You Been Gone.

                                  Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

                                  Comment


                                    #67
                                    Originally posted by SiggyPoke View Post
                                    Whitesnake - Here I Go Again & Is This Love
                                    Still of the night
                                    Down Slow and Easy
                                    Fool for your loving
                                    And others....not a 2 hit band.

                                    Whitesnake had more hits than you probably have IQ points.

                                    Comment


                                      #68
                                      Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

                                      Still of the night
                                      Down Slow and Easy
                                      Fool for your loving
                                      And others....not a 2 hit band.

                                      Whitesnake had more hits than you probably have IQ points.
                                      So, in other words, a two hit band as I said. Thanks for confirming, meadinmybutt.

                                      Comment


                                        #69
                                        Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
                                        Paula Cole- Where Have all the Cowboys Gone & I Don’t Want to Wait

                                        Fine Young Cannibals- She Drives Me Crazy & Good Thing

                                        Greg Kihn Band- The Breakup Song & Jeopardy

                                        Firehouse- Don’t Treat Me Bad & Love of a Lifetime

                                        The Motels- Only the Lonely & Suddenly Last Summer

                                        Pure Prairie League- Amie & Let Me Love You Tonight

                                        Skid Row- 18 & Life & I Remember You

                                        White Lion- Wait & When the Children Cry

                                        Chic- Le Freak & Good Times

                                        Tracy Chapman- Fast Car & Give Me One Reason

                                        Andrew Gold- Lonely Boy & Thank You for Being a Friend

                                        10cc- Not in Love & The Things We Do For Love

                                        Suzanne Vega- Luka & Tom’s Diner


                                        FYC also had a #11 hit Don't look back

                                        If it hasn't been mentioned, The Knack only had two hits...unless you count a #38 as a hit, which I don't.

                                        Comment


                                          #70
                                          Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
                                          Paula Cole- Where Have all the Cowboys Gone & I Don’t Want to Wait

                                          Fine Young Cannibals- She Drives Me Crazy & Good Thing

                                          Greg Kihn Band- The Breakup Song, Jeopardy, Lucky, Happy Man, Love Never Fails

                                          Firehouse- Don’t Treat Me Bad & Love of a Lifetime

                                          The Motels- Only the Lonely, Suddenly Last Summer, Shame, Remember The Nights, Take the L

                                          Pure Prairie League- Amie, Let Me Love You Tonight, Still Right Here In My Heart, I'm Almost Ready

                                          Skid Row- 18 & Life & I Remember You

                                          White Lion- Wait & When the Children Cry

                                          Chic- Le Freak, Good Times, I Want Your Love, Dance Dance Dance (Yowzah Yowzah Yowzah), My Forbidden Lover, Everybody Dance

                                          Tracy Chapman- Fast Car & Give Me One Reason

                                          Andrew Gold- Lonely Boy & Thank You for Being a Friend

                                          10cc- Not in Love, The Things We Do For Love, People In Love, Dreadlock Holiday, Good Morning Judge

                                          Suzanne Vega- Luka & Tom’s Diner
                                          SorryNot Sorry, OCD kicked into high gear.

                                          Comment


                                            #71
                                            Teas for fears was one song away from making this list

                                            Comment


                                              #72
                                              Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                              Teas for fears was one song away from making this list
                                              At least two. They had 4 songs in the US top 5 (7 in the UK top 5).

                                              Comment


                                                #73
                                                Originally posted by VUGear View Post
                                                At least two. They had 4 songs in the US top 5 (7 in the UK top 5).
                                                I saw 3

                                                What were they

                                                Comment


                                                  #74
                                                  Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                                  I saw 3

                                                  What were they
                                                  "Sowing the Seeds of Love"
                                                  "Head Over Heels"
                                                  "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
                                                  "Shout"

                                                  "Woman in Chains" was also US top-40
                                                  "Mad World" and "Change" were UK top-5 but not so much in the US.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #75
                                                    Zebra - "Who's behind the door" and "Tell me what you want"

                                                    Comment


                                                      #76
                                                      Originally posted by traxx View Post
                                                      Zebra - "Who's behind the door" and "Tell me what you want"
                                                      I remember "Bears" was also released as a single...

                                                      Their third album is also good and I thought "Time" could've been a good single.


                                                      Actually I just looked it up and I had no idea "Bears" reached #15 on the US Mainstream Rock chart.

                                                      Comment


                                                        #77
                                                        Originally posted by VUGear View Post
                                                        I remember "Bears" was also released as a single...

                                                        Their third album is also good and I thought "Time" could've been a good single.


                                                        Actually I just looked it up and I had no idea "Bears" reached #15 on the US Mainstream Rock chart.
                                                        Yeah, maybe a better title would be "Bands known for only two songs" as opposed to actual hits.

                                                        Comment

                                                        Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                        Collapse

                                                        Go To Top

                                                        Collapse

                                                        Working...
                                                        X
                                                        UA-124223861-1