First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie scenes that choke you up

Mine has to be Dances with Wolves when Wind In His Hair calls down to Dunbar that Dunbar is his friend.

Powerful stuff .

Forrest Gump - i shed a tear or two when Jenny died....on a Tuesday if memory serves me right

Comment

Yeah, Forrest Gump is a good example. Usually when Forrest meets little Forrest the first time, and when Jenny dies.

Comment

Rocky III-when Mickey dies. From Rocky lying about winning the fight w/Clubber to Rocky sobbing, to the scene where Rocky full of self-loathing hurls his motorcycle helmet at his statue.
        Cocoon-When Oklahoma's own Wilford Brimley is fishing w/his grandson and tells him that where he's going they won't have fishing or baseball or hot dogs "and I'm gonna miss em." I'm gulping as I type this.
        Transformers The Movie-Optimus dying after his epic battle w/Megatron. Four year old me was traumatized that day in the theater.
        Terms of Endearment-The scene in the hospital when Shirley MacLaine, after realizing that Debra Winger will die soon goes off on the nurse.
        The Shawshank Redemption- "I hope the Pacific is as blue as it is in my dreams. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand." Nuff said.

Comment

"Hey, Dad! You wanna have a catch?"

Field of Dreams..

Comment

honorable mentions:
            Wrath of Khan-nuff said
            Ewoks Battle For Endor when Cindels entire family gets slaughtered
            The Land Before Time-Littlefoot's mom dies
            The Miami Vice episode when Switek finds Zito's body

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Shoes View Post
              honorable mentions:
              Wrath of Khan-nuff said
              Ewoks Battle For Endor when Cindels entire family gets slaughtered
              The Land Before Time-Littlefoot's mom dies
              The Miami Vice episode when Switek finds Zito's body

Agree on Wrath of Khan and the mirror of that in the Star Trek Into Darkness. I'm a softy.

Comment

The end of Green Street Hooligans... When Pete says, "We didn't kill your son, Tommy, you did. He was your son, mate, You should've protected him!" Tommy Hatcher then proceeds to beat Pete to death, as Pete has now saved his sister-in-law & nephew... It's very sad, Pete Dunham was a great character..

Comment

Saving Private Ryan (at the end where the Captain says "Earn this...")

Green Berets (little Vietnamese kid checking the helicopters "Have you seen my Peterson?")

Comment

During the speech Gale Sayers (Billy Dee Williams) made right before Brian Piccolo (James Caan) died.
                    Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Comment

the Heisman acceptance speech for John Capelleti (sp?) - Something for Joey....

Comment

End of Braveheart when they torture then castrate William Wallace. FREEDOM!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                          During the speech Gale Sayers (Billy Dee Williams) made right before Brian Piccolo (James Caan) died.
                          "I love Brian Piccolo & I want you to love him too..."

Comment

Little Ann won't leave Old Dan's burial site.. She dies a few weeks later, Billy buries her next to Old Dan & that's Where the Red Fern Grows...

Comment

Any movie that a dog dies.

Old Yeller
                              Where the Red Fern Grows
                              Turner & Hooche
                              Marley and Me
                              All Dogs Go to Heaven
                              Eight Below

Comment

The whole 2nd half of Million Dollar Baby was tough. And a few other Eastwood movies, Mystic River, Gran Torino also had me choking up a little, especially Mystic River.

And maybe even a few of the Toy Stories had some scenes that got me a little misty eyed... What, do you guys have a problem with that?!?

Also, do any of you remember a movie from the 80's titled, "Bill", staring Mickey Rooney? I remember we watched it in school and it had almost the entire class in tears. If I was crying right in the middle of class in high school then i can promise you it was sad.
                                Last edited by DFWSooner; 03-12-2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Armageddon - Bruce Willis dies

Mask - Cher's character finds her son Rocky has died in his sleep. After that movie, Sam Elliot's name officially changed to "Gar".

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner Sam View Post

Mask - Cher's character finds her son Rocky has died in his sleep. After that movie, Sam Elliot's name officially changed to "Gar".
                                    Yeah, definitely gotta add Mask.

Comment

Last one I can remember that really got to me was Wind River.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner Sam View Post

Good call on Mask. When Rocky won't wake up and she says "now you're free baby" and then starts to put the pins back on the map where he was planning his bike tour. Aww shit son.

Comment

The end of Pay It Forward... All the cars lined up for the kids candlelight vigil...

Comment

Dang, some of y'all are blubber butts. The only time I recall getting weepy was at the end of Cool Runnings when the Jamaican bobsled team carries their sled across the finish line. And Bambi. And when Dobby died in Deathly Hallows. And last MASH. Maybe a few more...

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Shoes View Post

Good call on Mask. When Rocky won't wake up and she says "now you're free baby" and then starts to put the pins back on the map where he was planning his bike tour. Aww shit son.
                                              Welp fuck. Now I gotta find it somewhere and watch it again this weekend.

Comment

That last scene in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles when Steve Martin finds out that John Candy is homeless. It's even sadder now that John Candy is dead. Miss that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                                                  Dang, some of y'all are blubber butts. The only time I recall getting weepy was at the end of Cool Runnings when the Jamaican bobsled team carries their sled across the finish line. And Bambi. And when Dobby died in Deathly Hallows. And last MASH. Maybe a few more...
                                                  Pussy..

Comment

25 Posts and no mention of Rudy? The ND hate is strong in this thread.

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

Final scene from Dead Poets Society

Comment

You guys forget about the ending of "The Dirty Dozen".

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6866&FORM=VIRE

Comment

A masterpiece throughout with the perfect symbolism on mortality.

Comment

How could I forget Goose's death from Top Gun?

Comment

Originally posted by SoopaSooner View Post
                                                                A masterpiece throughout with the perfect symbolism on mortality.

Rutger Hauer and Vangelis taught us what it was to be human.

Comment

Odd one but end of Book of Eli when we find out Denzel is blind and had memorized the entire bible. Not sure why that got to me haha.

Comment

The final scene of Se7en is certainly not in the sentimental vein...but it did get to me. Not a "movie"...but the final scene of the season 4 finale of Dexter was a gut puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerPV View Post
                                                                      The final scene of Se7en is certainly not in the sentimental vein...but it did get to me. Not a "movie"...but the final scene of the season 4 finale of Dexter was a gut puncher.
                                                                      Seven has to be in the running for the GOAT ending of all time. In fact, the studio had it changed to a happier ending and Brad Pitt refused to do the movie unless they changed it back.

Comment

Off the top of my head

Saving Private Ryan - When Tom Hanks tells Matt Damon "Earn this" and then it switches to him as an old man in the cemetery next to hanks gravestone

Road to Perdition - When Paul Newman tells hanks "I’m glad it’s you" it was Newman’s last physical scene before dying

Field of Dreams - The end when Ray finally figured it out

Brian’s Song - " I love Brian Piccolo"

Heat - "I told you I’m never going back"

Comment

The Sixth Sense has a couple.

When the kid tells the mom about what ghost grandmother said.

And when Bruce figures out he's a goner and says goodbye to his wife.

Those always get me!

Comment

E.T.

Comment

#39
                                                                              My Life w Michael Keaton. Pretty much the whole movie but when he's in a wheelchair n his dad is shaving him. Whoa.

Castaway- Meeting Kelly again in the rain. Driving off.

The Apostle w Robert Duvall. His scene w Billy Bob Thornton in front of the Bulldozer. Quite a few in that one. My favorite movie.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by Big Ern View Post
                                                                                My Life w Michael Keaton. Pretty much the whole movie but when he's in a wheelchair n his dad is shaving him. Whoa.

Castaway- Meeting Kelly again in the rain. Driving off.

The Apostle w Robert Duvall. His scene w Billy Bob Thornton in front of the Bulldozer. Quite a few in that one. My favorite movie.
                                                                                The Apostle is a really underrated film and yeah that bulldozer scene was very moving.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Big Ern View Post
                                                                                  That's a great call.

I get choked up during the hospital scene in John Hughes' "She's Having a Baby". Perfect song by Kate Bush, specifically written for the film.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by soonerchaz View Post

That's a great call.

I get choked up during the hospital scene in John Hughes' "She's Having a Baby". Perfect song by Kate Bush, specifically written for the film.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      John Q - When DW puts the gun in his mouth to kill him self so his son can have his heart.

Pursuit of Happiness - When Will Smith and his kid have to sleep in a train station broom closet or something like that. Someone is trying to open the door and he has hold it shut with his foot.

End of Rudy even tho fuck him and Notre Dame.

Brooks in Shawshank for sure.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        When the kids in ET start flying on their bikes. And when Yeller, well, you know.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Argosy View Post
                                                                                          25 Posts and no mention of Rudy? The ND hate is strong in this thread.
                                                                                          Because Rudy is pure manipulation thought up by a nobody trying to feel like somebody and masquerading as a true story. Even his own teammates don't remember things happening the way Rudy portrayed it in the movie.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Saving Mr. Banks- Movie premiere scene were PL Travers sees the movie for the first time.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              every retirement scene or when people come back together after not seeing each other for a long time, like at the end of 'a league of their own.'

not sure why i get choked up during retirement scenes instead of funerals...

Comment

#48
                                                                                                PeeWee's Big Adventure when Francis eats the trick gum and looks at his father and says, "You believe me.........don't you Dad?"

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Rocky 3 when Mick dies I like the 2nd half of that movie but the 1st half is tough to watch.

Marley & Me that shit made me sad.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    All above are great choices.

Most recently: A Start is Born. Gaga's last song at the end.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1