Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Zhivago-he writes a poem to Lara, and icicles form on his mustache. Then, he sees Lara on a train, and dies of a heart attack trying to run the train down,

Comment

Originally posted by yfzracer111 View Post
      Marley & Me that shit made me sad.

I only watched it once and never again. Dogs need to live for 80 years dammit!

Comment

Forest Gump when Forest is crying about Jenny.

Comment

That "One in a million" scene in Dumb & Dumber. It brings on the waterworks for me every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
            25 Posts and no mention of Rudy? The ND hate is strong in this thread.
            Fuck him. Fuck that leprechaun he rode in on. Fuck Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post

Because Rudy is pure manipulation thought up by a nobody trying to feel like somebody and masquerading as a true story. Even his own teammates don't remember things happening the way Rudy portrayed it in the movie.
              Fuck Rudy.

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post

Because Rudy is pure manipulation thought up by a nobody trying to feel like somebody and masquerading as a true story. Even his own teammates don't remember things happening the way Rudy portrayed it in the movie.
                I remember Joe Montana talking on The Dan Patrick Show about how that movie was pure fiction.

Comment

Death of Uncas and Alice's suicide

Comment

Someone was crying over this scene. Hey, boots. Is it true this is the initiation every Raider fan has to go through? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                      Someone was crying over this scene. Hey, boots. Is it true this is the initiation every Raider fan has to go through? Asking for a friend.

Looks more like A&M to me

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                        Death of Uncas and Alice's suicide

It didn't make me tear up exactly but that whole 10 minute (or so) scene where that musical theme "Promentory" is playing, of which only 2.5 minutes are depicted here in this clip, is absolutely one of the best movie scenes I've ever seen in my life. Culminating with Wes Studi's character getting killed. Simply epic.

It's too bad the rest of the movie is largely a snore. But that one scene is so, so, so good. And the thing is - it has DDL in it, and it's funny that he really isn't what makes it so powerful, being arguably the greatest actor alive. Michael Mann is just a master. I'm thinking of the closing scene of Heat, among the many examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson View Post

It didn't make me tear up exactly but that whole 10 minute (or so) scene where that musical theme "Promentory" is playing, of which only 2.5 minutes are depicted here in this clip, is absolutely one of the best movie scenes I've ever seen in my life. Culminating with Wes Studi's character getting killed. Simply epic.

It's too bad the rest of the movie is largely a snore. But that one scene is so, so, so good. And the thing is - it has DDL in it, and it's funny that he really isn't what makes it so powerful, being arguably the greatest actor alive. Michael Mann is just a master. I'm thinking of the closing scene of Heat, among the many examples.
                          Prolly watched from beginning to end 40 times.

The cinematography is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                            I was never requested to fuck a Kansas City Chief fan in the ass to support my team, but if you and Ned Beatty say it happened to you, i guess it must be a thing somewhere.

Sorry i couldn't been more of a help for you fining closure. Maybe DM Marcellus Wallace for tips.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

Prolly watched from beginning to end 40 times.

The cinematography is unreal.
                              Dante Spinotti is a god.

Comment

Michael Mann is a master like you said. No other filmmaker can combine unique music with imagery like he can. The ending scene in Thief (1981) is one of my favorites:

Comment

Another great one is from Heat where DeNiro recruits Dennis Haysbert for the bank robbery. The way the music cues up as Dennis comes to grips with what he's about to do is just masterful. It can't be found on any soundtrack either as far as I know.

Comment

He definitely knows how to use music. I had the Heat soundtrack on cassette back in 95 or 96.

The Insider has some great cinematic stuff in it too. Particularly the scenes with the Lisa Gerrard music.

Also, Manhunter with the creepy Inna Gadda Davida scene.

Also, so much great use of music throughout Miami Vice.

Comment

Originally posted by Northspeter View Post
                                      "Hey, Dad! You wanna have a catch?"

Field of Dreams..
                                      THIS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Metes View Post
                                        John Q - When DW puts the gun in his mouth to kill him self so his son can have his heart.

Pursuit of Happiness - When Will Smith and his kid have to sleep in a train station broom closet or something like that. Someone is trying to open the door and he has hold it shut with his foot.

End of Rudy even tho fuck him and Notre Dame.

Brooks in Shawshank for sure.
                                        I agree on John Q. That an underrated movie.

Comment

at the end of uncle drew when the team responds with "what if you don't?".

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post
                                            at the end of uncle drew when the team responds with "what if you don't?".
                                            Cheech and Chong - when Dave's wasn't here

Comment

The Magnificent Seven when Yul Brynner finds the knife thrown by James Coburn as he went down.

Not a movie but an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise titled "Carbon Creek". Archer and Trip throw a celebratory dinner for T'Pol who has lasted as a crew member on a human-crewed ship longer than any other Vulcan, and they cajole her into telling them a story. She proceeds to rewrite Earth history when she relates the events of the first contact between three marooned Vulcans and Humans in the year 1957, which is much different than what human history books record as the Vulcans went undetected as aliens during their first visit. After T'Pol tells the story, Archer and Trip don't believe her but later alone in her cabin, she pulls out a personal artifact, the purse carried by her grandmother, who was one of the marooned Vulcans, she used while on Earth.

The ending of "Fury".

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story shook me when every one of the rebels died to get the Death Star plans off the planet. I never expected that ending.

Comment

Slingblade:

When Doyle tells Karl that he is a "humped over retard".......................

Gets me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacie View Post
                                                  The Magnificent Seven when Yul Brynner finds the knife thrown by James Coburn as he went down.

Not a movie but an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise titled "Carbon Creek". Archer and Trip throw a celebratory dinner for T'Pol who has lasted as a crew member on a human-crewed ship longer than any other Vulcan, and they cajole her into telling them a story. She proceeds to rewrite Earth history when she relates the events of the first contact between three marooned Vulcans and Humans in the year 1957, which is much different than what human history books record as the Vulcans went undetected as aliens during their first visit. After T'Pol tells the story, Archer and Trip don't believe her but later alone in her cabin, she pulls out a personal artifact, the purse carried by her grandmother, who was one of the marooned Vulcans, she used while on Earth.

The ending of "Fury".

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story shook me when every one of the rebels died to get the Death Star plans off the planet. I never expected that ending.
                                                  Rogue One is the best of the new Star Wars and had a pretty ballsy ending: just fuckin' kill everybody lol.

Comment

When Johnny dies in the Outsiders. Stay gold Ponyboy.

Comment

The last 10 minutes of Finding Foresster.

Comment

The ending credits to the movie "Life", has a song by KC & Jojo, it's hits me in the soul somehow...

Comment

You cried and cried some more.

https://youtu.be/NLWzSGQAnSg
                                                          Last edited by SoopaSooner; 03-17-2019, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Cinderella Man...when Braddock's son steals food and he has the talk with him on the sidewalk. (I'm sure, me having an 8 yr old son has nothing to do with that)

Comment

Hardball when G Baby gets killed!

Comment

How would you handle this?

Comment

This one choked me up too.

Comment

At the end of the LOTR movies when Sauron dies

Comment

Haven't read any of the replies yet, I will later. But I'm gonna say the girl in red in Schindler's List.

Comment

All these movies and not a single mention of John Coffeys execution.

Yall are a bunch of fucking racists.........

Nope, racist I said

Comment

opening scene in Saving Private Ryan.
                                                                          "Hey Dad want to have a catch?" Field of Dreams
                                                                          Funeral for Jenny in Forest Gump.
                                                                          Ending credits to 'Lone Survivor'
                                                                          End of 'American Sniper' where they show all the people that came to Chris Kyle's funeral procession.

Comment

He definitely knows how to use music. I had the Heat soundtrack on cassette back in 95 or 96.

The Insider has some great cinematic stuff in it too. Particularly the scenes with the Lisa Gerrard music.

Also, Manhunter with the creepy Inna Gadda Davida scene.

Also, so much great use of music throughout Miami Vice.
                                                                            Moby's music over the ending when Pacino is looking out over LA after holding dying DeNiro gets me every time. Mann is a master of setting scenes and music to those scenes.

Comment

#88
                                                                              Originally posted by TonySoprano View Post

Moby's music over the ending when Pacino is looking out over LA after holding dying DeNiro gets me every time. Mann is a master of setting scenes and music to those scenes.
                                                                              A bit of trivia about that: The Moby song which is called God Hovering Over The Face of The Waters was originally was supposed to be used in the scene where Pacino is in the helicopter looking for DeNiro and concludes with him asking DeNiro if he wants to get a cup of coffee. The original ending music was a piece written by Elliott Goldenthal that was later re-worked and included in the score for Michael Collins. The piece can be found on YouTube.

Comment

#89
                                                                                Captive State. Seeing John Goodman able to fit into an elevator again. I teared up a little.

Comment

#90
                                                                                  When Shelby dies on Steel Magnolia's

Comment

#91
                                                                                    “The Bridge on the River Kwai” when the Brits find out William Holden’s character is really enlisted. And then they make him “volunteer “ anyways.

Comment

#92
                                                                                      Originally posted by Sooner Sam View Post
                                                                                      “The Bridge on the River Kwai” when the Brits find out William Holden’s character is really enlisted. And then they make him “volunteer “ anyways.
                                                                                      Well, at least Jack Hawkins had a pained look on his face when he twisted the arm. What a great movie.

Comment

#93
                                                                                        Originally posted by Sooner Sam View Post
                                                                                        Also the pained look on Alec's face when he realizes what is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRHVMi3LxZE

Comment

#94
                                                                                          Originally posted by NWOSURanger View Post

Also the pained look on Alec's face when he realizes what is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRHVMi3LxZE

Comment

#95
                                                                                            There is a scene in the Michael Keaton movie "My Life" (1993) where is dying from cancer. The plot is that he is documenting his thoughts on life for his child after he is gone. His health gets so bad that his Father has to come shave him. His Father is your stereotypical man's man and is doing this loving act for his dying son. I pretty much broke down.

Comment

#96

Comment

#97
                                                                                                The pub scene at the end of Paths of Glory.

The final scene of Make Way for Tomorrow.

Comment

#98
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post
                                                                                                  I laffed

Comment

#99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Percy View Post

​​​​​​two great ones, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy View Post

Ahh great call on Make Way For Tomorrow Percy. Thank God for Criterion Collection. Forgotten treasure of a film. Damn those rotten children.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1