First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***Official Sports Talk Radio Thread***

Didn't see where this thread from the old board was started here, so....

For Tulsa listeners, heard on the radio yesterday that Lauren Rew from the afternoon show here on The Franchise with John Hoover is leaving the station for an unspecified opportunity. I can only assume she could no longer take working with John Hoover on a daily basis but I'm just guessing.

So there you have it.

Also noticed that David Garrett wasn't on, they had some different local goobers. Anything going on with him? I know he seems to have a tendency to get fired so just wondering.

Comment

I started this thread as a catch-all radio thread. Sometimes on LT people would make general posts about radio in the sports radio thread so I thought a catch-all radio thread would work better here.

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post
        I started this thread as a catch-all radio thread. Sometimes on LT people would make general posts about radio in the sports radio thread so I thought a catch-all radio thread would work better here.
        Ahhh, didn't see that one I guess. But it's racist against Tulsa in the title so I reject it.

(Feel free to merge if you like.)

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
          Also noticed that David Garrett wasn't on, they had some different local goobers. Anything going on with him? I know he seems to have a tendency to get fired so just wondering.
          Hmmm.

Comment

How do you tell the difference between dead air and David Garrett?

No seriously, I want to know.

Comment

Didn't see where this thread from the old board was started here, so....

For Tulsa listeners, heard on the radio yesterday that Lauren Rew from the afternoon show here on The Franchise with John Hoover is leaving the station for an unspecified opportunity. I can only assume she could no longer take working with John Hoover on a daily basis but I'm just guessing.

So there you have it.
              I heard the OKC show during the same time slot will air state wide, at least for now.

Comment

What happened to Roughface on the Franchise's morning show?

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonero View Post
                  What happened to Roughface on the Franchise's morning show?
                  Saw on the Twitters that he's no longer employed by The Franchise. Apparently, DG was replaced as well on the 6-whatever timeslot. I don't listen anymore to any of them, but I saw it on social media.

Comment

I believe "Easy Eddie" is going to be on the mornings for the franchise

Comment

They let Roughface go but kept one of the single most irritating personalities ever in Jessi Stone - not to mention Gilman.

I really enjoy Mike Steely but it is a chore to listen to the rest of his crew.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerSean View Post
                        They let Roughface go but kept one of the single most irritating personalities ever in Jessi Stone - not to mention Gilman.

Jessi Stone is the worst. Randy Heitz makes a lot of dumb decisions. It's why they turn over the on air "talent" every 9 months

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerSean View Post

Gilman finally turned me completely off their morning show, and I'm a Steely fan. Just about 125% too "I'm a journalist, you're stupid" for my taste. Frustrating thing is that when he was just an infrequent guest, he was far more entertaining/enjoyable.

Comment

I'm the exact opposite. Gilman and Roughface were the only two I could listen to on the morning show. Steely is why I'm no longer a listener and Stone is brutal as well. Appears I have no reason to go back.

Comment

Andrew Gilman is one of the reasons to listen to the morning show. I don't always agree with him, but he is typically level headed when he presents an opinion. I can follow his train of thought.

I like Steely, but his persona even bores me now. Ms. Stone is cute as hell but that's about it.

Colby, Sam and Kara Rice are easily the best. Arguably the best over all OKC airwaves.

Comment

I like Todd and Dylan, they are pretty funny.

Comment

The Franchise has the best OU football coverage. Their game day shoes start early and they will have several hours of post game analysis.

Comment

It sucks that they got rid of Roughface. He is actually funny. Gillman sucks ass. Can't stand that guy.

Comment

I only dislike Gilman bc he seems to try and take the opposite position of whatever popular opinion might be for the sole reason of wanting to argue. No reason you have to agree with popular opinion but I just feel like he argues just to argue and at times he certainly comes across as if he’s the smartest guy ever and needs you to know it.

We we got into it on Twitter one day bc of a joke that he didn’t happen to find funny. I told him he didn’t have to be amused by it and it wasn’t my goal to make him laugh (yes the joke was about him). I finally just had to reply that he was way too sensitive about a non-issue to spend multiple tweets trying to prove a point. To his credit a few days later he did tag a tweet of mine and replied “Now that’s funny”.

Comment

Why do they keep f#@king up local sports talk radio? I tend to only listen to national sports talk...and even that is getting bad.

Comment

Randy Heitz is trying to hire every Orange Aggy leaning personalities in the state to do radio

Comment

Randy is a proud graduate of The University of Oklahoma, and an avid college baseball fan.

http://thefranchiseok.com/listen-up/...s/randy-heitz/

Comment

It's a conspiracy against OU!
                                              Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Comment

Ever since I started working from home, I've become a fan of the franchise morning show because of the tv channel.. I like the mix of personalities, even Gilman, they need his conflict.. I miss Roughace but Eddie has been a nice surprise, I assume at some point, his podcast & Twitter game will end up getting him booted...

Comment

Not radio but I found myself up early and tuned in to Golic and Wingo. I think I've found a show worse than Skip and Shannon. Who thought that this was any sort of a good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                                                    Not radio but I found myself up early and tuned in to Golic and Wingo. I think I've found a show worse than Skip and Shannon. Who thought that this was any sort of a good idea?
                                                    Unpossible. Nothing could be worse than Skip and Shannon.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Morning Animals?

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post

Morning Animals?
                                                        Not even them.

Comment

It was the first hour and I kept checking back during Law & Order commercials and it was terrible. Nothing like a couple of over 50 year old guys trying to be cool and hip. Much like you and me.

SPOILER

Comment

Hope somebody besides me caught the total dominance hour today. Lol

Comment

Why is that? They don't have the podcast up on their website.

Comment

Most likely not. Was hoping this was an update on the cast of the Franchise Morning Show. Need to keep Gilman, bring back Roughface and cut/replace the rest

Comment

Originally posted by schoonerdriver View Post

Big argument between Dean and Traber about Tiger. Dean told him to shut up, Traber bowed up then stormed off refusing to finish the segment forcing Trammell to step in and finish for him. Traber was being a blow hard as usual. And a baby.

Comment

No podcasts posted for that show in over a week.

Morning Animals Podcasts Sports Morning with Craig Humphreys Podcasts Monsters of the Midday Podcasts ​ The Dominant Duo / The Total Dominance Hour Afternoon Sports Beat Podcasts Inside Sports with Al Eschbach Podcasts OSU Practice Report Podcasts OU Practice Report Podcasts Thunder B

Comment

Originally posted by ousooners2001 View Post

Most likely not. Was hoping this was an update on the cast of the Franchise Morning Show. Need to keep Gilman, bring back Roughface and cut/replace the rest
                                                                      Something going on with them? I just assumed they were on vacation.

Comment

Something going on with them? I just assumed they were on vacation.
                                                                        You never know bc vacations are how they faze people out when they fire someone.

Comment

The only way I’d listen to the Total dominance hour was if it was guaranteed that Traber would stroke out on the air.

Comment

Big argument between Dean and Traber about Tiger. Dean told him to shut up, Traber bowed up then stormed off refusing to finish the segment forcing Trammell to step in and finish for him. Traber was being a blow hard as usual. And a baby.
                                                                            I heard it.

Once again, Traber showed himself to be the softest, whiniest "tough guy" of all time.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Pokej View Post
                                                                              How do you tell the difference between dead air and David Garrett?

No seriously, I want to know.
                                                                              I once heard a show where David spent thirty minutes talking about bacon grease. Fascinating radio.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post
                                                                                I heard it.

Once again, Traber showed himself to be the softest, whiniest "tough guy" of all time.
                                                                                But he's still teaching the minds of... What was it again..?

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

But he's still teaching the minds of... What was it again..?
                                                                                  Shaping the minds ...

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I would pay to see a cage match with Traber and James Hale.

Comment

#43

Shaping the minds ...
                                                                                      of American Youth.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by schoonerdriver View Post

Originally posted by ousooners2001 View Post

Originally posted by soonerpie View Post
                                                                                        The only way I’d listen to the Total dominance hour was if it was guaranteed that Traber would stroke out on the air.
                                                                                        They finally brought their podcast page up to date. I believe this is the right one. I haven't listened to it yet, but will later this morning.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6960183-...our-07-24-2018
                                                                                        An Audioboom by Dominant Duo/Total Dominance Hour

Comment

#45

They finally brought their podcast page up to date. I believe this is the right one. I haven't listened to it yet, but will later this morning.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6960183-...our-07-24-2018
                                                                                          OK, I listened while I was at the gym. I've heard much worse arguments on the air.

Traber was trying to get Dean to admit that Tiger "choked".

Dean talked all around it. He kept saying that Tiger has made a remarkable recovery and that he hasn't figured out how to finish yet. That is the closest he would come to admitting that Tiger had "choked".

Then Traber made a comment about "you, Craig and all of Tiger's minions …". Dean strongly objected to having been labelled a minion.

Then Dean told Jim "shut up and let me talk."

Traber got real pissed about that and said "You can't tell me to shut up on the radio. I'm done with this."

So Tramel and Dean continued the conversation for a while longer, but Traber did not say anything more.

At the end, Dean and Traber apologized to each other.

After the break, Traber lit into Craig Humphreys for cutting a promo saying that Jim was "twisting in the wind" for betting 7 years ago that Tiger would never win another major.

Jim said Craig was "absolutely psychotic".

Then Jim asked Tramel "where does the term 'twisting in the wind' come from?" Tramel answered "I think it has to do with hangings."

That was the best part, in my opinion.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            the best show on the sports animal is when Al is back from his vacation and telling some crazy stories on the air

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Trabes ought to be eating lots of crow today RE: Tiger.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Trabes ought to be eating lots of crow today RE: Tiger.
                                                                                                Hopefully they post it to the podcast page. Not going to waste my time listening and waiting through all the commercials.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Why do the sports stations still do locks of the week? Does anyone care about these?

They're usually a stupid pick like Vanderbilt upsetting Georgia. Could that happen? I suppose. But it most likely won't. They always feel like their lock has to be some edgy, out there pick. A lock is Bama pounding Arkansas. Will you win a lot of money off of that? No, but it's pretty much a guaranteed lock. Now, that's not taking into account the line on that game, which I don't know what it is.

And if your lock record is anything less than 100% then you don't understand what lock means.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by traxx View Post
                                                                                                    Why do the sports stations still do locks of the week? Does anyone care about these?

They're usually a stupid pick like Vanderbilt upsetting Georgia. Could that happen? I suppose. But it most likely won't. They always feel like their lock has to be some edgy, out there pick. A lock is Bama pounding Arkansas. Will you win a lot of money off of that? No, but it's pretty much a guaranteed lock. Now, that's not taking into account the line on that game, which I don't know what it is.

And if your lock record is anything less than 100% then you don't understand what lock means.
                                                                                                    They only do it bc it's usually sponsored. Kinda like most of the SoonerScoop podcast now. Carey Murdoch has learned at the Sports Animal how to sell one big ad as sports programming.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1