First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by traxx View Post

I've never been a big Al fan. I grew up in small town OK so I didn't get to hear him when he was actually trying. But when I did listen to the animal, which has got to be more than 10 years back now, I remember Al's favorite caller was always the guy who was on the line next. Then soon as he got him on the air, he couldn't wait to get rid of him and get to the next caller. He never seemed to care about who he was talking to at the time, it was just about who's next.
    Yep, that's definitely Al. He's been mailing it in for years. "Call and we'll talk immediately, if not soonah!"

My morning show (especially during football season) is Toby on KREF. Then I listen to Teddy on the drive home and when he goes to commercial I'll switch it over to Sam Mayes unless they're doing some stupid game like bang or bust or some such. I'd like it if they just left Sam alone and let him talk about whatever he wants for 3 or 4 hours. I'd listen to that. I don't wanna hear the little whiny guy that's with him and don't care what he says and the stupid games they play with audience tweets or texts are mind numbingly horrible.
    I agree, Sam is great. I actually like Colby Daniels. Sam and him have good chemistry. The good thing about Bang or Bust are fans constantly finding ways to include OSU's claim of the 45 National Title. It really get's under Sam's skin. Lol.

Comment

I've never been a big Al fan. I grew up in small town OK so I didn't get to hear him when he was actually trying. But when I did listen to the animal, which has got to be more than 10 years back now, I remember Al's favorite caller was always the guy who was on the line next. Then soon as he got him on the air, he couldn't wait to get rid of him and get to the next caller. He never seemed to care about who he was talking to at the time, it was just about who's next.

My morning show (especially during football season) is Toby on KREF. Then I listen to Teddy on the drive home and when he goes to commercial I'll switch it over to Sam Mayes unless they're doing some stupid game like bang or bust or some such. I'd like it if they just left Sam alone and let him talk about whatever he wants for 3 or 4 hours. I'd listen to that. I don't wanna hear the little whiny guy that's with him and don't care what he says and the stupid games they play with audience tweets or texts are mind numbingly horrible.
      Carrying a 4 hour afternoon drive show on your own, day in and day out, is extremely difficult. Pokej and I have been trying for years to get you guys to start podcasting or streaming The Ticket.

They are the #1 sports talk station in America, and each of their shows has multiple on-air contributors. Every show has two hosts, and the producers are allowed chime in regularly, so you have 3-4 guys contributing on each show.

And yes, they are a Dallas station, but they talk OU and the Big-12 a lot. They talk OU more than any of the Texas college teams. Switzer is a regular, and they just got Bob Stoops hooked up.
      Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Carrying a 4 hour afternoon drive show on your own, day in and day out, is extremely difficult. Pokej and I have been trying for years to get you guys to start podcasting or streaming The Ticket.

They are the #1 sports talk station in America, and each of their shows has multiple on-air contributors. Every show has two hosts, and the producers are allowed chime in regularly, so you have 3-4 guys contributing on each show.

And yes, they are a Dallas station, but they talk OU and the Big-12 a lot. They talk OU more than any of the Texas college teams. Switzer is a regular, and they just got Bob Stoops hooked up.
        I think Sam has a lot of interesting stuff to say and talk about but he gets interrupted a lot by that idiot with him and until recently the stupid girl. If Sam needs someone to help carry the show then it should be someone who's not annoying and has good content to add. And they need to do away with all the silliness.

I typically don't like shows that have a lot of guys in the studio because it tends to devolve into them talking over each other and making stupid jokes and laughing at stupid stuff. One guy will start to say something interesting and then another will talk over him with something stupid and then they've all got to service that comment and make their own lame jokes and laugh to where it just becomes a lot of filler. I like actual content. And they don't realize that them all talking at the same time is difficult to decipher by the listener because they're all in the same room together and can hear what's being said.

I've given The Ticket a listen on podcast before and thought it was good. I don't care that they're in Dallas as long as they have good content. It's just so much easier (lazier) to punch a button on my car than to download a podcast each time to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by ousooners2001 View Post

It's better when Jessi Stone and Mike Steely are both out. They need Roughface back in place of Stone and dump Steely.
          Agree to disagree... While I like Roughace, he didn't bring near the amount to the show that Eddie brings.. & Jesse isn't on air enough to be annoying... Like I said earlier, Steely is the captain of the ship, without him, it's a bit of a train wreck... That's probably where Geoff would be more valuable, hosting, I'd take him over Colby Daniels every single day & twice in Sunday... Can't stand Colby's squeaky little voice...

Comment

Originally posted by Northspeter View Post

Agree to disagree... While I like Roughace, he didn't bring near the amount to the show that Eddie brings.. & Jesse isn't on air enough to be annoying... Like I said earlier, Steely is the captain of the ship, without him, it's a bit of a train wreck... That's probably where Geoff would be more valuable, hosting, I'd take him over Colby Daniels every single day & twice in Sunday... Can't stand Colby's squeaky little voice...
            Colby Daniels is the Sam Mayes sidekick, right? I think I must be the only guy that likes him. I actually think he does a good to great job on there but I appear to definitely be in the minority on that.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Colby Daniels is the Sam Mayes sidekick, right? I think I must be the only guy that likes him. I actually think he does a good to great job on there but I appear to definitely be in the minority on that.
              I think he does alright. Glad that Cara Rice is gone though.

Comment

Originally posted by cfin5256 View Post

I think he does alright. Glad that Cara Rice is gone though.
                So if I heard them right, they had Daniel's on as a guest after 5 to apparently argue with Mayes about Paul George. If that's Colby Daniels, I've heard him before and him I don't like.....he always takes a breath in the middle of his sentence or something weird.

Comment

My favorite part of having Eddie on the franchise morning show, is how he pokes at Gilman, nonstop.. Just like this morning's segment on Trae Young...

Comment

I don't know why, but I feel compelled to tell you all that you should tune in from 10-12 on Saturdays and listen to the Franchise Thunder Insider's Show.

Of course, this Saturday it's off because of OU basketball. But ya know, for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
                      I don't know why, but I feel compelled to tell you all that you should tune in from 10-12 on Saturdays and listen to the Franchise Thunder Insider's Show.

Of course, this Saturday it's off because of OU basketball. But ya know, for future reference.

Pretty regular listener here. It's good stuff. Especially when messing around in the garage or something on a lazy Saturday morning.

Comment

I think Sam has a lot of interesting stuff to say and talk about but he gets interrupted a lot by that idiot with him and until recently the stupid girl. If Sam needs someone to help carry the show then it should be someone who's not annoying and has good content to add. And they need to do away with all the silliness.
                        Sam is definitely worth the listen, and I think he adds a lot of depth to nearly any conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post

Pretty regular listener here. It's good stuff. Especially when messing around in the garage or something on a lazy Saturday morning.
                          Thank you for listening! Really appreciate it.

Comment

Only if the show has a lot of giggling by the hosts. I love the constant giggling!!

Comment

So if I heard them right, they had Daniel's on as a guest after 5 to apparently argue with Mayes about Paul George. If that's Colby Daniels, I've heard him before and him I don't like.....he always takes a breath in the middle of his sentence or something weird.
                              That's not Daniels--that's Powell. Colby Daniels is the host of the show w/Sam--he's the guy whose basic job is to keep Sam somewhat focused. Colby Powell is the one that said 0% chance PG wins the MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by Abner T Rigshaw III View Post

Only if the show has a lot of giggling by the hosts. I love the constant giggling!!
                                I'd much prefer a show where nobody laughs, and everyone sounds miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by oucub23 View Post

I'd much prefer a show where nobody laughs, and everyone sounds miserable.
                                  Only those two options for you? You might want to broaden what you listen to.

Hang on to your hat, but there are shows that are fun without laughing at their own jokes and constant silly games. Weird... I know.

Comment

Kyler Murray on The Ticket

Comment

I'm of the same opinion as you, Colby does a good job. I'm not sure of his athletic background, but he's insightful as anyone posting in DB's sports forums.

Comment

You should check out his pod too. The OKC-82 Podcast is a good listen--mostly b/c of Madysson, but Hero doesn't muck it up too much.

Comment

Originally posted by oucub23 View Post

You should check out his pod too. The OKC-82 Podcast is a good listen--mostly b/c of Madysson, but Hero doesn't muck it up too much.
                                          I've been up listening to them well past midnight a few times after these big wins the last month or so.

Comment

Geoff Roughface died of a heart attack today. He tweeted 5 hours ago. I think he was on the Franchise but I know him from twitter. I went to OU with him. Good dude, he will be missed by many.

Comment

Just saw Steely tweet about it. Damn that’s way too young.

I really enjoyed him on the morning show before they let him go to bring in Eddie.

29. That’s just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Metes View Post
                                                Geoff Roughface died of a heart attack today. He tweeted 5 hours ago. I think he was on the Franchise but I know him from twitter. I went to OU with him. Good dude, he will be missed by many.
                                                Just saw that.... Way too young, man... RIP

Comment

Geoff Roughface
                                                  RIP

I spoke with him several times in person.... always had a beer in hand... he was always polite with a good sense of humor.
                                                  He had a great dog.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerSean View Post
                                                    Just saw Steely tweet about it. Damn that’s way too young.

I really enjoyed him on the morning show before they let him go to bring in Eddie.

29. That’s just awful.
                                                    When I would listen to the morning show (rare because I don't care for Gellman or whatever his name is) I always thought Roughface seemed like a decent dude. How old was he? Was he overweight or unhealthy?

Comment

When I would listen to the morning show (rare because I don't care for Gellman or whatever his name is) I always thought Roughface seemed like a decent dude. How old was he? Was he overweight or unhealthy?
                                                      He was just 29.

He was a big guy but nothing like you would expect to kill a guy that young. Must have been something genetic or wrong with his heart other than his weight.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerSean View Post

He was just 29.

He was a big guy but nothing like you would expect to kill a guy that young. Must have been something genetic or wrong with his heart other than his weight.
                                                        Wow, that is young.

Comment

This is worth noting. It's very good to see that decent people are now have the top 2 positions.

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                            This is worth noting. It's very good to see that decent people are now have the top 2 positions.
                                                            Norman Transcript? What did the Rubottom Herald have to say?

Comment

Wondering how David Kelso's name got on there. Must be a bunch of old hippies living in Norman.

Comment

What happened to Al Eshbach? I don't think he's been on in weeks.

Comment

What happened to Al Eshbach? I don't think he's been on in weeks.
                                                                  Been on something else in Thailand

Comment

Originally posted by ousooners2001 View Post

Been on something else in Thailand
                                                                    He goes in the winter now too? Some little underage beauty must've caught his good eye!

Comment

Still don't get who the F votes for Traber.

Comment

Still don't get who the F votes for Traber.
                                                                        That's because you sir, are a yardbird.

Comment

Your reminder to listen to 107.7 The Franchise

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post

Norman Transcript? What did the Rubottom Herald have to say?
                                                                            The Rubottom Herald ain't got Calvin. They got nothin' to say.

At least until they have a paperboy who has worked for them for 45 years.

Comment

Only if there are new games.

Comment

The hardest job in the world: being the doctor who has to control Sam Mayes high blood pressure.

Comment

Must listen radio: Jim Traber's show tomorrow. "Tiger Woods will never win another major."

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                                                                                    Must listen radio: Jim Traber's show tomorrow. "Tiger Woods will never win another major."
                                                                                    He’ll have a spin on it that makes him look right

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post

He’ll have a spin on it that makes him look right
                                                                                      "I give it up to Tiger but he's still a despicable human being and I'm not."

Comment

Much better product all around and Mayes is better than anyone on the animal roster.

Comment

Originally posted by RockE View Post

"I give it up to Tiger but he's still a despicable human being and I'm not."
                                                                                          I’m sure he’ll blame it on Mike Gundy

Comment

i wonder if Traber calls in sick tomorrow.

I haven't listened to him in years but when i did a few years back he would talk daily about the "greatest best he ever made"

Hopefully he will actually take callers that will make him eat crow.

Comment

Originally posted by thefranchise17 View Post
                                                                                              i wonder if Traber calls in sick tomorrow.

I haven't listened to him in years but when i did a few years back he would talk daily about the "greatest best he ever made"

Hopefully he will actually take callers that will make him eat crow.

Ratings will be through the roof tomorrow...close to sweeps. Dude is thrilled!

Comment

Been a long time since I've listened to Traber. He bet that Tiger would never win another major? What was the bet?

Comment

I missed the Fox tv show he is on on Sunday nights. Was anything said last night? Should be a fun day especially when he get's tired of being ripped and starts fighting back, because he will get sick of it eventually today..

Comment

Originally posted by frou View Post
                                                                                                    I missed the Fox tv show he is on on Sunday nights. Was anything said last night? Should be a fun day especially when he get's tired of being ripped and starts fighting back, because he will get sick of it eventually today..
                                                                                                    Curtis said he accepted it and wore his big boy pants.

Comment

Traber lost the battle but made this about him and won the war.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1