First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movie about Kamikaze attacks

I wonder why one hasn't been made in the past? At least, I'm not aware of one. I mean, we all suspect why one wouldn't be made these days.

But I'm watching a documentary on the Smithsonian channel about the battle for Okinawa. It was just stated the Japanese used 1900 suicide attack planes during this battle. The US Navy suffered tremendously from their onslaught.

Seems like telling the story of dealing with the Divine Wind could be very dramatic and tense. I read a book last year, Hell From the Heavens, that related the ordeal of the USS Laffey. The Laffey was a destroyer on picket duty to the north of Okinawa; closest to the kamikaze bases on Kyushu. The inexperienced kamikaze pilots would often dive on the first US ship they saw, in contrast to their assigned mission of hitting carriers or troopships. On April 16, 1945 Laffey was attacked by 22 planes, and actually hit by 6 of them.

Wouldn't a movie (with modern special effects) that showed how they survived be worth watching?

Edited to add this...look what I found...I had no idea...wonder if it's still in the works?

https://deadline.com/2017/07/kamikaz...ng-1202126799/
    Last edited by OUwasp; 07-08-2019, 06:17 PM.

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Comment

No one lived to tell their story!

Comment

Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post
        No one lived to tell their story!
        They were very good at their job.

Comment

I thought this was a thread about taking Kamikaze shots.
          Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
          X
          UA-124223861-1