First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Movie Seen......

I saw Annihilation. I usually like scifi horror.
    But because of Natalie Portman, it was too boring. 5 out of 10
    Tessa Thompson was in it and she would have been better in the lead role.
    Last edited by NWOSURanger; 03-26-2018, 11:02 AM.

Pitch Perfect 3 with the fiance
    Mute it was weird
    Acts of Violence

Comment

Saw 7 Days In Entebbe Friday. I remember when all that went down. They did a good job on the film.

Comment

Saw I Can Only Imagine with the kids over spring break. Loved it. Obviously it's a faith-based movie, but it didn't feel preachy, and the message of redemption is universal. Great production value, unlike some less-than-stellar faith-based films which lose the message because of low quality. I recommend it.

Saw Black Panther a couple of weeks ago, didn't like it at all. Not sure why, but it just didn't keep me engaged.

Comment

I usually don’t care for musicals, but “The Greatest Showman” is awesome. Just came out on iTunes.

Comment

I Can Only Imagine. Great movie. Filmed in Oklahoma, the singing group that the movie chronicles formed in Oklahoma, lots of Oklahoma people and organizations involved in helping make it. Great look for the state.

Comment

• Sooner Mommy
              Sooner Mommy commented
              Editing a comment
              Much of it was filmed in my town...the theater has been packed since it opened, with the film on multiple screens. Nice to see home on the big screen!

Hell or High Water and Wind River before that.

Comment

I'll attest to I Can Only Imagine...a well done movie about the creation of the most popular modern Christian song ever produced.

Comment

I rewatched Clue, because my avatar made me want to see it again. Madeline Kahn was one of the greats.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn and tonic View Post
                  I rewatched Clue, because my avatar made me want to see it again. Madeline Kahn was one of the greats.
                  A wed wose...how womantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy View Post

A wed wose...how womantic.
                    "And what is it that you do do?"

Comment

I stopped seeing theater movies about 15 years ago. I just don't see the value. Ugh...I basically just told you kids to stay off my lawn....ugh

Comment

In my defense, the 60 inch screen with surround sound is pretty close. But yeah, I am getting old.

Comment

I saw “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri”. Francis and Woody were great but Sam Rockwell stole the show. ****1/2

Also saw “Shape of Water”. Michael Shannon plays a creepy asshole better than anyone and the worlds Del Toro creates are always rich and stimulating. ****

Comment

Watched Game Over, Man on netflix the other day. If you're into stupid funny movies this isnt bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JR's BBQ View Post
                              I saw “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri”. Francis and Woody were great but Sam Rockwell stole the show. ****1/2

Also saw “Shape of Water”. Michael Shannon plays a creepy asshole better than anyone and the worlds Del Toro creates are always rich and stimulating. ****
                              Rockwell is the shit man!!! Tried telling you all that in the Waco thread...only to find out Rockwell wasn't playing David Koresh.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Rockwell is the shit man!!! Tried telling you all that in the Waco thread...only to find out Rockwell wasn't playing David Koresh.
                                He was really good in "Moon" where he plays a hella lonely astronaut and Kevin Spacey plays a computer/robot. I need to watch that again actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn and tonic View Post
                                  She improvised the "flames" shooting out of her head scene. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

Comment

• Jenn and tonic
                                    Jenn and tonic commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Me too. That scene perfectly expresses the feeling of hating so much you can't think.

On my end, I just finished watching Operation Condor, arguably, Jackie Chan's best film. The physical comedy in it is brilliant.

Comment

Wind River- Loved it
                                    Veronica- Not the least bit scary. Rotten Tomatoes must be taken over by some bots or some shit. Between Get Out and this that site can not be trusted.

Comment

Caught an early screening of Ready Player One tonight. I really liked it, but I’m a big fan of Spielberg movies and 80s/90s pop culture. Disappointed OKC wasn’t a setting like in the book.

Comment

Margot Robbie and the gal that played her mother were fantastic and fit their characters perfectly. A fun and funny farce. Would have liked to know more about Tonya’s involvement in the attack but obviously you’re not gonna get that from her perspective. ****

Comment

The Commuter pretty good 8/10
                                          Wounderwheel was just weird.

Comment

Originally posted by odin's beard View Post
                                            Wind River- Loved it
                                            Veronica- Not the least bit scary. Rotten Tomatoes must be taken over by some bots or some shit. Between Get Out and this that site can not be trusted.
                                            Agreed. Veronica was an interesting movie, but it was nowhere near as scary as the hype. Rotten Tomatoes would have you believe that it's the scariest movie of all time.

I don't even think it's the scariest Spanish movie of all time. [REC] was 10 times scarier than Veronica, and even that's not close to the scariest movie of all time.

Comment

Watched a classic and still love it.

ALIENS.

Comment

Amanda and Jack Go Glamping w/ David Arquette, Amy Acker, & Adan Canto.

Reminded me of Northern Exposure type of humor. Enjoyed it mucho.

Comment

I saw the new Pacific Rim movie. If you liked the 1st one, the 2nd one is excellent. 8 out of 10.
                                                  It was really good. It surprised me.
                                                  Last edited by NWOSURanger; 04-02-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Finally saw, I can only imagine. Great movie. As a father, watching it with my sons, I did get a little choked up at times. Just a great story about redemption and forgiveness.

Comment

Watched the following on the plane going to/from Europe last week-

Coco (fell asleep, will not rate)
                                                      Kingsmen 2 - 6/10
                                                      Daddy's Home 2 - 6/10
                                                      Stephen King's IT - 7.5/10

Comment

Paul, Apostle of Christ...saw it this afternoon. Acting, casting, and production was first-rate. Story moved too slowly at times. I wish the Road to Damascus scene had been more powerfully done, they missed on one of the most notable conversions in history, imo. Biblically accurate, just a little bit of artistic license thrown in. 7/10

Comment

Downsizing. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
                                                            Downsizing. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.
                                                            I’ve heard the same

Comment

Netflix 2017 motion picture Fullmetal Alchemist, not a bad flick if you happen to follow the anime version...

Comment

Game Night, good date movie.... Jason B is always funny.
                                                                Maybe tried too hard at the end to be outrageous 7 out of 10.

SPOILERI thought the cop was dead, but then he showed up alive at the end.

Comment

COCO 8/10
                                                                  Ferdinand 10/10 loved the book as a kid.

Comment

Took my kids to A Wrinkle in Time...(thanks fat teachers)

Hated it, but I hate everything "magical"

kids thought it was ok

Comment

Originally posted by NWOSURanger View Post
                                                                      Game Night, good date movie.... Jason B is always funny.
                                                                      Maybe tried too hard at the end to be outrageous 7 out of 10.
                                                                      Agreed. If you like Jason B, you will probably like this movie. It had some parts where I couldn't stop chuckling for a long time. Was an interesting role for Kyle Chandler as well, he did a really good job. I'd give it 8/10.

Comment

The Outsider on netflix about a white guy who joined the yakuza. 5/10

Comment

I saw the Grey Zone recently. I was familiar with the story of a revolt in one of the Nazi concentration camps. Very interesting.

Comment

The Princess Bride. Goddamn, everytime you watch it its brilliance comes through all over again.

Comment

#41
                                                                              Originally posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
                                                                              The Princess Bride. Goddamn, everytime you watch it its brilliance comes through all over again.
                                                                              As you wish....

Comment

#42
                                                                                Originally posted by soonersseth View Post
                                                                                The Outsider on netflix about a white guy who joined the yakuza. 5/10
                                                                                I agree with this rating

Comment

#43
                                                                                  Just watched Blade Runner 2049.

its been a while since I have seen the original. I thought it tied the two movies together well. Was slower paced, much like the first. The visuals were a lot like the original.

Story was was good enough. Would recommend if you enjoyed the first.

The girlfriend in this his movie is really hot. But my type is small and brunette.

Comment

#44
                                                                                    Originally posted by scout View Post
                                                                                    In my defense, the 60 inch screen with surround sound is pretty close. But yeah, I am getting old.
                                                                                    I'm planning on putting a curved 150 inch projector screen in my garage and installing a digital projector with an & a receiver sound system, while practicing to tell people to get off my lawn...

Comment

#45
                                                                                      Saw Glengarry Glen Ross, it was ok

Comment

#46
                                                                                        A "Did You Know" for the day: Down and Out in Beverly Hills once had a syndicated sitcom show...

Down and Out in Beverly Hills is an American sitcom based on the 1986 movie of the same name. It aired from April 26, 1987 to September 12, 1987 on the fledgling Fox network. It has the distinction of being the first ever show to be cancelled by Fox; only 5 of 13 episodes were produced.[1]

The cast included Hector Elizondo as Dave Whiteman (Richard Dreyfuss' character in the movie), Anita Morris as Barbara Whiteman (Bette Midler's character in the movie), Eileen Seeley as Jenny Whiteman (Tracy Nelson's character in the movie), April Ortiz as Carmen the Maid (Elizabeth Peña's character from the movie), and Tim Thomerson as Jerry Baskin (Nick Nolte's character in the movie). Evan Richards (Max Whiteman) was the only cast member of the film to reprise his role for TV.
                                                                                        Here is one of the few episodes to ever make it to air on the upstart (at the time) FOX network... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5z3fz8

Comment

#47
                                                                                          Watched one of the great "twist" films (imo) of the 1970's - The Last of Sheila.

Comment

#48
                                                                                            The shape of water 7/10 it was pretty good but I never wanted to fuck a fish.

Comment

#49
                                                                                              The Snowman.. ⛄ it was ok, a little too obvious & hated the ending..

Comment

#50
                                                                                                Watched Lady Bird on PPV. Loved it. The acting and dialogue are near perfection. Great little movie.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                X
                                                                                                UA-124223861-1