Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traxx
    replied
    I've now got Google Fi on all our phones but one of my sons who has an iPhone is now distraught because his texts are green and not blue. IDK, apparently that's a thing and it matters.

I did all the things that SoonerBornSoonerBrett listed except I didn't find where to put the personal hotspot apn. Could that be the issue?

Leave a comment:

• SoonerBornSoonerBrett
    replied
    Originally posted by keef View Post

Wap en C ? Nice URL.

DO NOT DO THIS. BRETT IS TRYING TO SPAM YOUR EMAIL WITH WAP RAG ADS.

Leave a comment:

• keef
    replied
    Originally posted by SoonerBornSoonerBrett View Post

Yep, just had to do it a couple of days ago on the wife's phone... basically it won't let you send pictures. I do have to look it up when it happens, and it usually happens after an iPhone update.

​​​​​​Configure MMS settings
    1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Cellular Cellular Data Network.
    3. In the Personal hotspot APN field, enter h2g2-t.
    4. In each of the other 3 APN fields (Cellular data, LTE Setup and MMS), enter h2g2.
    5. In the MMSC field, enter http://m.fi.goog/mms/wapenc.
    6. In the MMS Max Message size field, enter 23456789.
    7. Restart the iPhone.
    Wap en C ? Nice URL.

DO NOT DO THIS. BRETT IS TRYING TO SPAM YOUR EMAIL WITH WAP RAG ADS.

Leave a comment:

• SoonerBornSoonerBrett
    replied
    Originally posted by traxx View Post

Two of my kids have iPhones. Do you remember what has to be done to make texting work on there? I'm trying to suss out any problems before I pull the trigger.
    Yep, just had to do it a couple of days ago on the wife's phone... basically it won't let you send pictures. I do have to look it up when it happens, and it usually happens after an iPhone update.

​​​​​​Configure MMS settings
    1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Cellular Cellular Data Network.
    3. In the Personal hotspot APN field, enter h2g2-t.
    4. In each of the other 3 APN fields (Cellular data, LTE Setup and MMS), enter h2g2.
    5. In the MMSC field, enter http://m.fi.goog/mms/wapenc.
    6. In the MMS Max Message size field, enter 23456789.
    7. Restart the iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• traxx
    replied
    Originally posted by SoonerBornSoonerBrett View Post
    Wife has an iPhone, and there are some quirks there, you've got to set up your messaging for texting a special way
    Two of my kids have iPhones. Do you remember what has to be done to make texting work on there? I'm trying to suss out any problems before I pull the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• traxx
    replied
    Originally posted by Nirvana Norman View Post
    If youre looking for service in SE & NW Oklahoma id thi nk the only two worth mentioning would be ATT or Verizon. I had Tmobile for a minute and outside of the metro areas it was mostly terrible.
    I really just need coverage in those areas when I visit family. I'm on Net 10 now and it uses at&t network so I'm ok in those areas. The contact free services tend to use either at&t or Verizons network.

Leave a comment:

• SoonerBornSoonerBrett
    replied
    I've been on Google Fi for a couple of years now, and I like it. It switches between towers for T-Mobile/Sprint and US Cellular, whichever is stronger. It was T-Mobile AND Sprint when I joined, but now the same. I rarely have any issues at all, but you've got to make sure you've got a compatible phone, too. I've always run Pixel phones, so they're no problem. Wife has an iPhone, and there are some quirks there, you've got to set up your messaging for texting a special way, and it can get undone when the phone updates.

My bill for two of us is usually under $100. $80-90. If we're traveling or away from home for a few days, with a lot of extra data usage, it might jump to $105-110. And one thing I like that it does, it will lock onto "trusted" public Wi-Fi's and put them through a VPN, so it's "safe".

Leave a comment:

• Stinger_1066
    replied
    My only options are AtLink and Verizon. I was on AtLink for 12 years, but ditched them several months ago for Verizon. 10 times higher speed for 33% less money.

Its mobile. I can take my cube with me if I travel.

Leave a comment:

• Nirvana Norman
    replied
    If youre looking for service in SE & NW Oklahoma id thi nk the only two worth mentioning would be ATT or Verizon. I had Tmobile for a minute and outside of the metro areas it was mostly terrible.

Leave a comment:

• traxx
    started a topic Wireless providers knower abouters

Wireless providers knower abouters

Google Fi. Good? Not good? Pros? Cons?

Any suggestions other than Google Fi? I'm looking for a new wireless provider bc I don't feel I'm getting my money's worth anymore with Net 10.

I prefer no contract wireless bc it's easy to jump ship on those instead of being locked into a contract. I mostly need good service in OKC metro but also need coverage in NW OK and SE OK. Don't need international calling. 5G at no additional cost is a plus.

TIA

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
X
UA-124223861-1