First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Shooting at Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa

5 dead including shooter. 2nd floor of the Natalie building from initial reports. 3 minute response time from police and emergency responders. Quite a bit different from Uvalde, TX.

Originally posted by SoonerAviator View Post
    5 dead including shooter. 2nd floor of the Natalie building from initial reports. 3 minute response time from police and emergency responders. Quite a bit different from Uvalde, TX.
    Yeah, Uvalde police were there in 2 minutes.

Comment

There's reports of the shooter being suspected of setting a bomb at a house in Muskogee. Apparently TPD called Muskogee PD to let them know, which suggests to me (entirely speculation) that the shooter had a note or some other communique that tells a little more of the story. Especially since the shooter self-inflicted.

I'd be curious as to the story on this, as dark as that thought is.

Comment

Second one in a few days. Get your shit together out there…

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post

Well, showing up is half the battle. They apparently didn't get the memo from Uvalde Police that you're supposed to remain outside for 30+ minutes afterwards.

Comment

[QUOTE=Section31;n1008976]

Yeah, Uvalde police were there in 2 minutes. [/QUnOTE]

And waited for donuts and coffee and a break and a shift change and finally for the border patrol to come up from McAllen.

Comment

Define ‘there’.

Comment

Well, showing up is half the battle. They apparently didn't get the memo from Uvalde Police that you're supposed to remain outside for 30+ minutes afterwards.
                I was just commenting on your assertion.

Comment

I thought I read that the Uvalde police dept got a report of a car wreck and a man with a rifle 10 minutes before the shooter enters the school. That 10 minutes should have given plenty of time to spare to confront him way before entering that school. Uvalde is not a large town. Then the chief of police goes against all known protocol in dealing with shooters by not letting law enforcement enter the building. Students and teachers are calling 911 for help in the interim. 50 minutes later the border patrol tactical squad overrides him, goes in and shoots the shooter. I will bet he’s going to be persona non grata in that town for the rest of his life. Parents will be tortured by wondering if their lost child happened in that 50 minute delay.

Comment

[QUOTE=Slytherin;n1008986]

Yeah, Uvalde police were there in 2 minutes. [/QUnOTE]

And waited for donuts and coffee and a break and a shift change and finally for the border patrol to come up from McAllen.
                    Actually, 2 of them were shot within the first few minutes, but that doesn't fit into the CSI: Miami storyline, soooo

Comment

Originally posted by soonerquest View Post
                      I thought I read that the Uvalde police dept got a report of a car wreck and a man with a rifle 10 minutes before the shooter enters the school. That 10 minutes should have given plenty of time to spare to confront him way before entering that school. Uvalde is not a large town. Then the chief of police goes against all known protocol in dealing with shooters by not letting law enforcement enter the building. Students and teachers are calling 911 for help in the interim. 50 minutes later the border patrol tactical squad overrides him, goes in and shoots the shooter. I will bet he’s going to be persona non grata in that town for the rest of his life. Parents will be tortured by wondering if their lost child happened in that 50 minute delay.
                      You're way off. Go Google "Uvalde timeline"

Comment

I was driving in front of Saint Francis when it went down. Thought they were chasing a car and then all of a sudden 4 Star GTA. Cops were coming out of the manhole covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatgator View Post
                          I was driving in front of Saint Francis when it went down. Thought they were chasing a car and then all of a sudden 4 Star GTA. Cops were coming out of the manhole covers.
                          Yeah, my wife said the same thing. She used to work next to the Natalie building for about a decade but recently moved to a private practice a little further North on Yale. She heard a few sirens, then a few more, then they just kept coming so she knew it was something big. Then came the text alerts for St Francis campus lockdown.

Comment

Being kind of liberal with the term “mass” here aren’t we?

was it terrible? Absolutely…is it a mass shooting though?

Comment

[QUOTE=Section31;n1008997]
                              Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

Actually, 2 of them were shot within the first few minutes, but that doesn't fit into the CSI: Miami storyline, soooo
                              CSI Miami timeline: Callie Duquesne shows in an unmarked Jeep H2 and takes out the shooter in a tight white tank top without any body armor and just her sidearm. She then revives 2 victims on the brink of death, stops to reflect on a third deceased victim as Horatio Caine shows up to say a smooth line as he dons his shades…. The cadre shows up as Horatio is congratulating Callie on a job well done. Callie still looking good and flirting with Delko as the scene ends.

Comment

Originally posted by LongarLongar View Post

From wikipedia, for what it's worth...

Mass shooting

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                                Jump to navigationJump to search

There is a lack of consensus on how to define a mass shooting. Most terms define a minimum of three or four victims of gun violence (not including the shooter) in a short period of time, although an Australian study from 2006 prescribed a minimum of five; and added a requirement that the victims actually died as opposed to being shot and injured but not necessarily killed.[1]

In the United States, the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012 defines mass killings as three or more killings in a single incident,[2] however the Act does not define mass shootings. Media outlets such as CNN and some crime violence research groups such as the Gun Violence Archive define mass shootings as involving "four or more shot (injured or killed) in a single incident, at the same general time and location, not including the shooter".[3] Sometimes shootings involving three or more victims occur in non-public situations such as when one member of a family shoots all the other members in the family home. These killings are known as familicides and are not included in mass shooting statistics.

The motive for mass shootings (which occur in public situations) is a defining feature in that they are usually committed by deeply disgruntled individuals seeking revenge or payback for failures in school, career, romance and life in general.[4] If multiple people are shot in a robbery or killed in a terrorist attack, these deaths are also not included under the definition of mass shootings.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting

Comment

Originally posted by OUwasp View Post

From wikipedia, for what it's worth...

Mass shooting

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                                  Jump to navigationJump to search

There is a lack of consensus on how to define a mass shooting. Most terms define a minimum of three or four victims of gun violence (not including the shooter) in a short period of time, although an Australian study from 2006 prescribed a minimum of five; and added a requirement that the victims actually died as opposed to being shot and injured but not necessarily killed.[1]

In the United States, the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012 defines mass killings as three or more killings in a single incident,[2] however the Act does not define mass shootings. Media outlets such as CNN and some crime violence research groups such as the Gun Violence Archive define mass shootings as involving "four or more shot (injured or killed) in a single incident, at the same general time and location, not including the shooter".[3] Sometimes shootings involving three or more victims occur in non-public situations such as when one member of a family shoots all the other members in the family home. These killings are known as familicides and are not included in mass shooting statistics.

The motive for mass shootings (which occur in public situations) is a defining feature in that they are usually committed by deeply disgruntled individuals seeking revenge or payback for failures in school, career, romance and life in general.[4] If multiple people are shot in a robbery or killed in a terrorist attack, these deaths are also not included under the definition of mass shootings.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting
                                  Yeah, never use Wikipedia as a source.

This may sound silly, but if every shooting is a mass shooting, the term loses its value.

or becomes Chicago.

Comment

I thought it was common knowledge that it was three or more people.

the term has been used like that since I can remember ... 1980s...
                                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post

I thought it was common knowledge that it was three or more people.

the term has been used like that since I can remember ... 1980s...
                                      ​​​​​​
                                      Common knowledge that media outlets use the term. That doesn’t necessarily make it so…there have to be lines. Uvalde? Mass shooting.

guy who went with the intention shooting one dr, confined to one office, and himself? Not the same.

Comment

Common knowledge that media outlets use the term. That doesn’t necessarily make it so.
                                        my bad. I confused "mass" with "serial," which is three or more.

Comment

Does this mean that the Earps mass murdered the Clantons?

Asking for historical purposes.

Comment

Wiki sources are notorious for misinformation/disinformation. In this reference, however, the GVA reference is accurate. “4 or more injured or killed” (not including the gunman) is used, not for effect, but to distinguish between “mass” and “isolated” or “targeted”. That’s the resource used most predominantly in U.S. biostatistics.

Comment

4 people murdered in Tulsa and we're arguing over semantics.

DB gonna DB.

I hurt for the families of the victims. I grew up near there and have driven past that place countless times.

Mental illness rears its ugly head again.
                                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

Just about every study/report/metric uses 4 wounded/fatalities not including the shooter. It's the common metric regardless of your personal definition of mass shooting. It will be recorded in history as a mass shooting.

Comment

I live a stones throw away from the Hospital. One of my close friends/neighbors works at the hospital. They were briefed quickly of the facts.

Without giving out too many details. These are the facts. Shooter was a black male and apparently a patient of the doctor he shot. First shooting victim was the Doctor, a black male. This was over some beef between the patient and a doctor that the Hospital is unclear of and may not have been aware of. 3 medical staffers attempted to barricade him from leaving the office and he shot them. shooter attempted to flee the scene and the hospital was already under automatic lockdown and he could not get out so he shot himself. TPD was on the scene in 4 minutes after the first altercation happened. My hood was swarming with helos' for 2 hours after the event yesterday. TPD helo was in a circle over the hospital for 2 hours.
                                                  Last edited by SoonerKA1999; 06-02-2022, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerKA1999 View Post
                                                    I live a stones throw away from the Hospital. One of my close friends/neighbors works at the hospital. They were briefed quickly of the facts.

Without giving out too many details. These are the facts. Shooter was a black male and apparently a patient of the doctor he shot. First shooting victim was the Doctor, a black male. This was over some beef between the patient and a doctor that the Hospital is unclear of and may not have been aware of. 3 medical staffers attempted to barricade him from leaving the office and he shot them. shooter attempted to flee the scene and the hospital was already under automatic lockdown and he could get out so he shot himself. TPD was on the scene in 4 minutes after the first altercation happened. My hood was swarming with helos' for 2 hours after the event yesterday. TPD helo was in a circle over the hospital for 2 hours.
                                                    I can tell you definitively that two physicians are deceased.

Comment

I'll wait to see the details on First 48.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Argus Beefstick View Post

Sad.

Comment

one dr banging other dr's wife?

Comment

Without giving out too many details. These are the facts. Shooter was a black male and apparently a patient of the doctor he shot. First shooting victim was the Doctor, a black male. This was over some beef between the patient and a doctor that the Hospital is unclear of and may not have been aware of. 3 medical staffers attempted to barricade him from leaving the office and he shot them. shooter attempted to flee the scene and the hospital was already under automatic lockdown and he could not get out so he shot himself. TPD was on the scene in 4 minutes after the first altercation happened. My hood was swarming with helos' for 2 hours after the event yesterday. TPD helo was in a circle over the hospital for 2 hours.
                                                            I'm honestly not surprised this was the scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by SiggyPoke View Post

I'm honestly not surprised this was the scenario.
                                                              Same. That's why you can't use some arbitrary number to lump these things together. In this incident (if true), the shooter had a single person in mind. In Uvalde/Buffalo/the NY subway bomber, those freaks went with the intention of causing multiple casualties. They aren't similar really at all. That's why focusing on the tool they use to do destruction is bad, IMO. They all had the same intention and accomplished it. They ALL had KNOWN mental issues, but prideful family members and apathetic friends/acquaintances let it fester. The media is so dishonest it's scary. IF the Tulsa shooting headline involves "mass shooting" or even implies it is, then KA is right...nearly every shooting in Chicago, every weekend should be covered in kind. Why do you think they don't?
                                                              Last edited by Section31; 06-02-2022, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Same. That's why you can't use some arbitrary number to lump these things together. In this incident (if true), the shooter had a single person in mind. In Uvalde/Buffalo/the NY subway bomber, those freaks went with the intention of causing multiple casualties. They are similar really at all. That's why focusing on the tool they use to do destruction is bad, IMO. They all had the same intention and accomplished it. They ALL had KNOWN mental issues, but prideful family members and apathetic friends/acquaintances let it fester. The media is so dishonest it's scary. IF the Tulsa shooting headline involves "mass shooting" or even implies it is, then KA is right...nearly every shooting in Chicago, every weekend should be covered in kind. Why do you think they don't?
                                                                I was going to answer "they don't care about black on black crime" but the Tulsa shooting has me confused now...

Comment

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

one dr banging other dr's wife?
                                                                  Doesn’t look like it as one doc was male and the other female. Appears to be a dispute over something medical related?

Comment

Doesn’t look like it as one doc was male and the other female. Appears to be a dispute over something medical related?
                                                                    shooter killed wife and other dr who was banging her?
                                                                    gotta be a love triangle in here somewhere...

if we're to the point of shooting drs for bad care.....look out...

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleggers Boy View Post
                                                                        Wiki sources are notorious for misinformation/disinformation. In this reference, however, the GVA reference is accurate. “4 or more injured or killed” (not including the gunman) is used, not for effect, but to distinguish between “mass” and “isolated” or “targeted”. That’s the resource used most predominantly in U.S. biostatistics.
                                                                        So the “gun violence” and “CNN” define it that way? No way!

if you can’t seperate a situation like yesterday from the previous weeks, I can’t help you.

Comment

So the “gun violence” and “CNN” define it that way? No way!

if you can’t seperate a situation like yesterday from the previous weeks, I can’t help you.
                                                                          The FBI defines it that way. You're sort-of arguing a different category of mass shooting by segregating whether the shooter went in with the sole purpose of shooting random people as opposed to targeting a known individual(s). That's an issue of motive more-so than whether it qualifies as a mass shooting, per accepted definition.

Comment

The FBI defines it that way. You're sort-of arguing a different category of mass shooting by segregating whether the shooter went in with the sole purpose of shooting random people as opposed to targeting a known individual(s). That's an issue of motive more-so than whether it qualifies as a mass shooting, per accepted definition.
                                                                            That’s weird, because even the source didn’t say that..but carry on. I could even technically just say (and be correct) that the gunman killed a few people.

Comment

#39

Dr. Phillips was my mother's (and late grandmother's) orthopedic doctor.....incredibly tragic.

Comment

#40

gotta be a love triangle in here somewhere...

if we're to the point of shooting drs for bad care.....look out...
                                                                                Shooting a doctor..at a hospital...in oklahoma...

My first thought was pain "medicine"/opiate related. Wondered if it was spark...

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin detailed the timeline of the shooting at Saint Francis Hospital and shared the names of the four victims in a press conference Thursday.

The victims include:
                                                                                  • Dr. Preston Phillips
                                                                                  • Dr. Stephanie Husen
                                                                                  • Amanda Green
                                                                                  • William Love

The suspect's name is Michael Lewis.

Lewis had back surgery at the hospital on May 19. He saw Dr. Philips and was released May 24. Lewis then called several times over several days complaining of pain and wanting additional treatment.

Lewis saw Dr. Philips for additional treatment on May 31.

On June 1, Lewis called Dr. Philips office again complaining of back pain.

Franklin said Lewis purchased the semi-automatic rifle from a local gun store on June 1. He confirmed that Lewis bought the pistol on May 29 from a local pawn shop.

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsa-shoot...-bills-1712370

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Mixer! View Post
                                                                                    Does this mean that the Earps mass murdered the Clantons?

Asking for historical purposes.
                                                                                    I think that event would be termed a gang related shooting now.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Stormspencer View Post

Dr. Phillips was my mother's (and late grandmother's) orthopedic doctor.....incredibly tragic.
                                                                                      Horrible. I'm sorry to hear that.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin detailed the timeline of the shooting at Saint Francis Hospital and shared the names of the four victims in a press conference Thursday.

The victims include:
                                                                                        • Dr. Preston Phillips
                                                                                        • Dr. Stephanie Husen
                                                                                        • Amanda Green
                                                                                        • William Love

Lewis had back surgery at the hospital on May 19. He saw Dr. Philips and was released May 24. Lewis then called several times over several days complaining of pain and wanting additional treatment.

Franklin said Lewis purchased the semi-automatic rifle from a local gun store on June 1. He confirmed that Lewis bought the pistol on May 29 from a local pawn shop.

So he clearly passed a background check both times then. No priors. He was just mad then and no background check would have caught that.

Comment

#45

The victims include:
                                                                                          • Dr. Preston Phillips
                                                                                          • Dr. Stephanie Husen
                                                                                          • Amanda Green
                                                                                          • William Love

Opiate addict...

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Dr. Preston Phillips MD

Click image for larger version

Name:	preston-john-phillips-614.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1009167

Dr. Stephanie Husen DO

Click image for larger version

Name:	stephanie-j-husen-40.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1009168

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post

Opiate addict...
                                                                                              He just had back surgery on the 19th... Or did you miss that bit?

Comment

#48

The victims include:
                                                                                                • Dr. Preston Phillips
                                                                                                • Dr. Stephanie Husen
                                                                                                • Amanda Green
                                                                                                • William Love

In short, a mentally unhinged individual who should not have been among polite society.

Comment

#49

He just had back surgery on the 19th... Or did you miss that bit?
                                                                                                  To be fair, opiates are prescribed after surgery..and this guy was complaining about “on going pain”…and the Dr wasn’t addressing it.

it might not be…but it might very well be.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    things are getting crazy...
                                                                                                    i wouldn't want to work in a deli.....slice someone's cheese to thick.....bullets start flying....
                                                                                                    barbers? better get that haircut just like the customer wants...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1