Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing today?

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I have to be in Houston part of early next week and I am undecided about leaving Monday or Sunday. We have tix to the Astros game Monday, but it's a 3 pm game.

    So.

    MrsBoots is on a cruise with her Mom and sisters. The Princess is here with me at school and working. BootsJr is on the boat near Baton Rouge. He's happy. His big raise finally kicked in.

    I have some money to collect and I have to have the draft of this big project off my desk today (my deadline). I also have some class work stuff to grade.

    The reason all of this is important is I MIGHT talke a half day off today for the pool today if I leave for Houston Sunday. We have some peeps in Houston who are going to NOLA with me Tuesday and wanted to grab dinner. If I leave out Sunday, I can pick up the fam from the cruise terminal Monday morning.
    .
    F it.

    I'll probably knock this out, get the grades done and push the paper to Saturday or even Friday late.

    I'll leave out Sunday

    1/2 pool day today.

    Thanks for helping me decide.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
      Finished the garage door pergola yesterday.

      Nice

      Comment


        Trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is my last day of work, forever. Not the way I wanted or ever even imagined it would end this way (who does?) but the cancer has become too much of a burden to deal with both it and a career at the same time. So now begins my internal debate on whether I want to return to Oklahoma and live out the days I have left. I'm leaning towards yes.

        Comment


          Driving back home from Austin...again.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
            Finished the garage door pergola yesterday.

            what exactly is the purpose?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
              Trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is my last day of work, forever. Not the way I wanted or ever even imagined it would end this way (who does?) but the cancer has become too much of a burden to deal with both it and a career at the same time. So now begins my internal debate on whether I want to return to Oklahoma and live out the days I have left. I'm leaning towards yes.
              very sorry to hear that..

              Comment


                Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                what exactly is the purpose?
                Probably aesthetics. Pergolas dont do much. I had 3 window awnings made...dont do too much.either.

                Comment


                  Pray for me, wife is coming home today.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by NWOSURanger View Post
                    Pray for me, wife is coming home today.
                    How long since you have seen her?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                      what exactly is the purpose?
                      Decorative. The wife saw some on Pinterest and decided we had to have one.
                      Live Free or Die!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

                        Decorative. The wife saw some on Pinterest and decided we had to have one.
                        Looks good. Jealous of the 3-car garage.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
                          Trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is my last day of work, forever. Not the way I wanted or ever even imagined it would end this way (who does?) but the cancer has become too much of a burden to deal with both it and a career at the same time. So now begins my internal debate on whether I want to return to Oklahoma and live out the days I have left. I'm leaning towards yes.
                          Keeping you in my thoughts today, bud.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SportyJames View Post

                            Looks good. Jealous of the 3-car garage.
                            3-car garage seems to be the norm for homes in OKC and Edmond built in the past 20 years.
                            Live Free or Die!

                            Comment


                              Had an ABI procedure done this morning. Will finish cleaning the mortar off of150 bricks after busting them out from my fireplace hearth extension.
                              Will continue to try and find a "Concrete man" who will lay polished decretive concrete across the rebuilt and redesigned hearth. We are covering the remining brick with veneer stones.

                              Taking care of a friends Baset hounds while they are on vacation.

                              Comment


                                Hung lights, ceiling fans and what not at the Florida crib. Taking 3 grandkids to the beach in a bit. Been raining for days…

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
                                  Trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is my last day of work, forever. Not the way I wanted or ever even imagined it would end this way (who does?) but the cancer has become too much of a burden to deal with both it and a career at the same time. So now begins my internal debate on whether I want to return to Oklahoma and live out the days I have left. I'm leaning towards yes.
                                  If you move back to Oklahoma, where would you like to live?

                                  In Norman so you can attend every home game?

                                  Near a lake?

                                  Other?
                                  Live Free or Die!

                                  Comment


                                    I’m arguing with a bunch of dummies on the internet today….same as yesterday.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                                      what exactly is the purpose?
                                      The purpose appears to be to increase the number of items on the house that need maintained….and to lower the market value of the home.

                                      It’s working.

                                      Comment


                                        Today I'm haggling with the insurance co, wife's ins. premium doubled in a year (^&TY$% wtff? Then gonna hang 2 more external cameras, will make 9 that's enough.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by ab5sr View Post

                                          Probably aesthetics. Pergolas dont do much. I had 3 window awnings made...dont do too much.either.

                                          I am thinking about putting these over my windows. My outside walls are 13 feet high with very little eaves over them, so when it rains the windows get soaked. Hail is even worse. If I do it, they need to be functional in keeping the rain off.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

                                            I am thinking about putting these over my windows. My outside walls are 13 feet high with very little eaves over them, so when it rains the windows get soaked. Hail is even worse. If I do it, they need to be functional in keeping the rain off.
                                            I need one of those over from front living room window…it faces East. I need to block the morning sunlight that causes glare on my iPad screen…I’m not willing to raise/lower the blinds. And I’d like to start harassing people on message boards earlier on weekend mornings…from my recliner.

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

                                              I need one of those over from front living room window…it faces East. I need to block the morning sunlight that causes glare on my iPad screen…I’m not willing to raise/lower the blinds. And I’d like to start harassing people on message boards earlier on weekend mornings…from my recliner.
                                              My grandparent's farmhouse had those on the East/South/West sides. It is 100 years old. They would help keep the sun off and grandma would pull the indoor window shades down to keep it cooler. Mostly worked, especially before they had central AC put in.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                                I have to be in Houston part of early next week and I am undecided about leaving Monday or Sunday. We have tix to the Astros game Monday, but it's a 3 pm game.

                                                So.

                                                MrsBoots is on a cruise with her Mom and sisters. The Princess is here with me at school and working. BootsJr is on the boat near Baton Rouge. He's happy. His big raise finally kicked in.

                                                I have some money to collect and I have to have the draft of this big project off my desk today (my deadline). I also have some class work stuff to grade.

                                                The reason all of this is important is I MIGHT talke a half day off today for the pool today if I leave for Houston Sunday. We have some peeps in Houston who are going to NOLA with me Tuesday and wanted to grab dinner. If I leave out Sunday, I can pick up the fam from the cruise terminal Monday morning.
                                                .
                                                F it.

                                                I'll probably knock this out, get the grades done and push the paper to Saturday or even Friday late.

                                                I'll leave out Sunday

                                                1/2 pool day today.

                                                Thanks for helping me decide.
                                                We're always here for you.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by ab5sr View Post

                                                  Probably aesthetics. Pergolas dont do much. I had 3 window awnings made...dont do too much.either.

                                                  It looks like they should provide some shade and protection from from rain / hail.

                                                  Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

                                                  The purpose appears to be to increase the number of items on the house that need maintained….and to lower the market value of the home.

                                                  It’s working.
                                                  I don't see how they lower the market value. IF someone wanted to buy my house and had a problem with them, I could take the whole thing down in half an hour.

                                                  But, I have only 2 more house payments and it is paid off, and I have no plans to sell.

                                                  I also sit on a prime lot on a golf course, and now all the lots around me have filled in. I've lived here for 12 years. I would make a nice profit if I decided to sell tomorrow, but I plan on living here the rest of my life, so property value means little to me other than how it affects my taxes.

                                                  Blow that out your Butt.
                                                  Live Free or Die!

                                                  Comment


                                                    Daughter bough Elvis movie tickets for the fam so hit the gym and early swim in the pool and heading to the theater. After the movie my son is having friends over to swim and watch the Dodger game in the pool.

                                                    Wife, daughter and I heading to Malibu for dinner tonight

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
                                                      Trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is my last day of work, forever. Not the way I wanted or ever even imagined it would end this way (who does?) but the cancer has become too much of a burden to deal with both it and a career at the same time. So now begins my internal debate on whether I want to return to Oklahoma and live out the days I have left. I'm leaning towards yes.
                                                      Big hugs to you.

                                                      Comment







                                                        Cantalini’s for some homemade pasta…

                                                        Comment


                                                          Wore Bubbers out at the doog park. 3 1/2 hours there.



                                                          ^it's funny. greyhounds don't register as "dogs" to him. if a greyhound comes in, he's sticking close to me until that "thing" is on the other side of the park from him... even though there's no greyhound on the planet that could hurt him.
                                                          Last edited by SoonerMagick; 07-01-2022, 08:35 PM.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Spent all morning on the kayak.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
                                                              Trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is my last day of work, forever. Not the way I wanted or ever even imagined it would end this way (who does?) but the cancer has become too much of a burden to deal with both it and a career at the same time. So now begins my internal debate on whether I want to return to Oklahoma and live out the days I have left. I'm leaning towards yes.
                                                              Well, that's not what anyone wants to hear man. One love to you, as always. Might stay clear of the Ada area, I hear it's a real shit show down there....

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Orangejello Jones View Post
                                                                It should be Lake Pound Town.
                                                                That’s what I call Chez Ruf/Nek.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

                                                                  I need one of those over from front living room window…it faces East. I need to block the morning sunlight that causes glare on my iPad screen…I’m not willing to raise/lower the blinds. And I’d like to start harassing people on message boards earlier on weekend mornings…from my recliner.
                                                                  My townhouse in Vegas has a west facing window that was at least 15X10. The after sun came in like a death ray - even with thick wooden blinds. I gave up and just avoided the living room from 1-7.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    In Madera, near Fresno, for family 4th of July cookout with Maria and four of her six sisters' families.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by keef View Post

                                                                      Well, that's not what anyone wants to hear man. One love to you, as always. Might stay clear of the Ada area, I hear it's a real shit show down there....
                                                                      No problem staying away from Ada. I didn't leave anything there that I need to go back for.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Going to be smoking two briskets and a few racks of ribs today.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          I’m doing the ribs just 2 hours each in the smoke today. Will wrap and refrigerate then finish in oven tomorrow. Best I can do. Also, the briskets are small so shouldn’t take too long in my egg. Can only do one at a time. Hope it works out.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post
                                                                            I’m doing the ribs just 2 hours each in the smoke today. Will wrap and refrigerate then finish in oven tomorrow. Best I can do. Also, the briskets are small so shouldn’t take too long in my egg. Can only do one at a time. Hope it works out.
                                                                            It will. My smoker does not get hot enough to cook a Thanksgiving turkey, so I smoke it on Wednseday for a few hours, then roast it in the oven the next day to get it fully cooked.
                                                                            Live Free or Die!

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Mowed the yard in Florida, pollinated some more Passion flowers, and now heading to a furniture store in Pensacola and a night out at The George. Staying at airport hotel and flying to Oklahoma in the morning. Raining like a 3 dicked billy goat pissing on a flat rock.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                                                                                Mowed the yard in Florida, pollinated some more Passion flowers, and now heading to a furniture store in Pensacola and a night out at The George. Staying at airport hotel and flying to Oklahoma in the morning. Raining like a 3 dicked billy goat pissing on a flat rock.
                                                                                I've been to Florida several times and have never seen one of those. Maybe next time.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Huntington Beach…bikes…lots of people and hitting front yard bbq’s for culinary delights and beers

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post
                                                                                    In Madera, near Fresno, for family 4th of July cookout with Maria and four of her six sisters' families.
                                                                                    We haven’t been to shaver lake cabin for the 4th in a few years as we rented it out but Bass has a great fireworks show in the lake…

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Met this beauty today. Our 11 year old pug passed about 2 months ago unexpectedly. We pick her up Tuesday






                                                                                      Spending the night at the OKC Omni and enjoying the rooftop pool. We'll spend the day here again tomorrow before going to the Dodgers game for baseball and fireworks.












                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by MikeLucky View Post
                                                                                        Met this beauty today. Our 11 year old pug passed about 2 months ago unexpectedly. We pick her up Tuesday






                                                                                        Spending the night at the OKC Omni and enjoying the rooftop pool. We'll spend the day here again tomorrow before going to the Dodgers game for baseball and fireworks.











                                                                                        Saw a couple of local celebs tonight here at the Omni....





                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by MikeLucky View Post

                                                                                          Saw a couple of local celebs tonight here at the Omni....




                                                                                          Did you harass them for an autograph and generally make a big nuisance of yourself?

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            What local celebs?

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Some people say we are in a recession.

                                                                                              Its a good thing we have people like Sly, SoCal and MikeLucky continuously pumping money into the economy or we would be a world of hurt.
                                                                                              Live Free or Die!

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Yesterday had to clean out some roadkill that got caught up in the low hanging portion of my front bumper guard.

                                                                                                It was a wild turkey with no head or neck. Gross.
                                                                                                Live Free or Die!

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                                                                  Some people say we are in a recession.

                                                                                                  Its a good thing we have people like Sly, SoCal and MikeLucky continuously pumping money into the economy or we would be a world of hurt.
                                                                                                  Gotta keep livin, or you start dying.... Something like that.

                                                                                                  Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
                                                                                                  Did you harass them for an autograph and generally make a big nuisance of yourself?
                                                                                                  Nah, just snapped a couple quick pics to post on here.

                                                                                                  Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                                                                                                  What local celebs?
                                                                                                  One is the starting QB for the Sooners and the other was the most recent number 2 pick in the NBA draft.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                                                                    Some people say we are in a recession.

                                                                                                    Its a good thing we have people like Sly, SoCal and MikeLucky continuously pumping money into the economy or we would be a world of hurt.
                                                                                                    I’m on a fixed income with a secondary part time job

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Sitting in 3a on a plane in Charlotte waiting to take off for okc. Can’t wait for my delicious first class meal of mixed nuts and baked green beans.

                                                                                                      Flying just ain’t what it used to be.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Go To Top

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1