Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to keep it low key. Last year got a bit out of control.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
        Turned to TNT to watch a game but Charmed was on. The bad guys kidnapped Alyssa Milano and were talking about sucking her dry.

I’ve dreamed of that

Comment

Getting ready to go clear out dead plant material from my garden. Bought 10 bags of cow manure this morning that I will till in later today. May do another 10 bags tomorrow.

I've had really good results since I started doing that.
          If you are yet to be SECtarded, you aren't trying hard enough. Slykology.

Comment

Chillin' in the chilly weather. 52 with a high of 55 today. Got the fourth pool heater guy coming for an estimate this afternoon. The first three were dirtbags. This guy seems pretty legit, and my neighbor used him. Doesn't work for one of the pool companies, and can do all the work himself. All the other guys needed an electrician for wiring. They all wanted to install electric heat pumps, they all charged for a "site visit" to give an estimate, and this new guy will do the site visit free, and has me pretty much talked into gas. Our pool in Oklahoma was gas, and that heater kicked ass. Heat pump works OK when it's 90 degrees outside. When it's 55 like today? Uh, no.

Gonna watch some OU softball, baseball and girls hoops later tonight. Probably eat some of the leftovers the wife left for me. Lazy day...

Comment

Visited a friends winery in Los Olivos yesterday…

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                Getting ready to go clear out dead plant material from my garden. Bought 10 bags of cow manure this morning that I will till in later today. May do another 10 bags tomorrow.

I've had really good results since I started doing that.
                10 bag is definitely not going to cut it. I'll probably go with 30.

Sprayed all the henbit last weekend and expected it all to be dead. Nope. Going to need to respray. That is going to delay my tilling a couple of weeks.

Comment

Sprayed all the henbit last weekend and expected it all to be dead. Nope. Going to need to respray. That is going to delay my tilling a couple of weeks.
                  Glyphosate?

Comment

what did you use? glyphosate is a slow killer in cool temps like we've had this week.
                    i usually throw some 2-4-d or some dicamba in with the glyphosate for a little extra kick...
                    also....u can spray and then till the same day....only takes a few hours for plants to suck in the chemical...

i also don't usually spray the garden.....just till it ....

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

Glyphosate?
                      Last weekend I used 2-4-D because I have grass around the border of my garden, but I may just go full-on glyphosate this time because the bermuda somehow finds its way in there.

Comment

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

what did you use? glyphosate is a slow killer in cool temps like we've had this week.
                        i usually throw some 2-4-d or some dicamba in with the glyphosate for a little extra kick...

i also don't usually spray the garden.....just till it ....
                        See above.

Comment

Last weekend I used 2-4-D because I have grass around the border of my garden, but I may just go full-on glyphosate this time because the bermuda somehow finds its way in there.
                          2-4-d doesn't really kill weeds dead......it's a growth stimulant....
                          it causes weeds to grow so fast...they just kinda blow themselves up....cellular-wise...
                          glyphosate stops the weed/grass respiration....speed of death then based on weather/temp.....warmer it is ...faster it turns yellow/dries up....

Comment

Long week next week. Spending today preparing for it

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                              Long week next week. Spending today preparing for it
                              Technically, it can't be any longer than any other week, right?

I know you said you probably won't ever quit it, but if you are ever in a financial position where you really do not need to work for the money? Quit that very second. There's a lot of shit to go out and do to keep you busy, and not having the stress is life changing. I thought I'd have trouble with it, but now I wish I'd have pulled the trigger sooner. I didn't because I didn't think I could do it, and I still had financial goals to achieve. It worked out perfectly though as the sale of the farm and equipment kind of bumped me over the top and made the decision much easier.

Remember this. Every day you're another day closer to death. If you're stressed and working and don't really need to be? Quit it. While you're still healthy enough to enjoy it. Just my .02.

Comment

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

2-4-d doesn't really kill weeds dead......it's a growth stimulant....
                                it causes weeds to grow so fast...they just kinda blow themselves up....cellular-wise...
                                glyphosate stops the weed/grass respiration....speed of death then based on weather/temp.....warmer it is ...faster it turns yellow/dries up....
                                OK, that makes sense. The henbit looks fresh. Bright green.

I'll use glyphosate this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

Technically, it can't be any longer than any other week, right?

I know you said you probably won't ever quit it, but if you are ever in a financial position where you really do not need to work for the money? Quit that very second. There's a lot of shit to go out and do to keep you busy, and not having the stress is life changing. I thought I'd have trouble with it, but now I wish I'd have pulled the trigger sooner. I didn't because I didn't think I could do it, and I still had financial goals to achieve. It worked out perfectly though as the sale of the farm and equipment kind of bumped me over the top and made the decision much easier.

Remember this. Every day you're another day closer to death. If you're stressed and working and don't really need to be? Quit it. While you're still healthy enough to enjoy it. Just my .02.
                                  It's good advice. It is. Just good advice not applicable to me.

I have nailed down 4 and 1/2 of the 5 revenue streams I need to maintain my lifestyle.

I have not hired anyone you help me out with the little things that do stress me out, but it is more that I am cheap, not that I can't. for state criminal cases, you will have 5+ settings The only two I need to be at are the first, where you find out what you are accused of, and the last when you learn what will happen. Feds are three. Arraignment, pre-trial or re-arraignment (plea) and trial and/or sentencing.

The true work is in between. The investigation and examination. I love that shit. Cant turn it off.

I said when I find the PhD I would be getting more into my firearms hobby, but I haven't because, again, I am too cheap to dig into my stockpile.

I am adding another revenue stream, expert testimony and consulting. I haven't really pushed it, but that is where it is going. That would allow me to do the investigative stuff I like.

in many ways we are very much alike. I cant just sit and watch TV all day. I am physically limited in other options until I get my back fixed.

I like work.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

It's good advice. It is. Just good advice not applicable to me.

I have nailed down 4 and 1/2 of the 5 revenue streams I need to maintain my lifestyle.

I have not hired anyone you help me out with the little things that do stress me out, but it is more that I am cheap, not that I can't. for state criminal cases, you will have 5+ settings The only two I need to be at are the first, where you find out what you are accused of, and the last when you learn what will happen. Feds are three. Arraignment, pre-trial or re-arraignment (plea) and trial and/or sentencing.

The true work is in between. The investigation and examination. I love that shit. Cant turn it off.

I said when I find the PhD I would be getting more into my firearms hobby, but I haven't because, again, I am too cheap to dig into my stockpile.

I am adding another revenue stream, expert testimony and consulting. I haven't really pushed it, but that is where it is going. That would allow me to do the investigative stuff I like.

in many ways we are very much alike. I cant just sit and watch TV all day. I am physically limited in other options until I get my back fixed.

I like work.
                                    I get it, and I thought I did too. Until I quit and started doing other things like volunteering and doing simple yard work instead of farming. I'm limited physically as well with the torn achilles, and I still can't turn on the TV until night time. Spending a lot of $$ on fishing/boating but it's money I have and it doesn't touch any of my investments - which I probably won't ever get around to spending. My wife can share it with her new boyfriend after I kick it...

The one and only thing I can recommend to EVERYBODY is to pay off all debt. ALL debt. I also got rid of a whole lot of material stuff and used the money to help pay off the debt. Less stuff makes me less stressed.

I'm sure you're making a sizeable income, and when you couple that with zero debt? You can achieve true wealth very rapidly. Real wealth, both financial and emotional. Not being any man's slave is emotionally exhilarating. Hells man, you don't even have to make great money to become wealthy when you write 3 checks a month for the phone, electric and internet that total about $500 per month and the rest goes into savings/spending on the things you enjoy. And gifting. I honestly have been blessed more by gifting than anything. It seems that God always brings blessings my way at the most unexpected yet perfect times. Way more than I deserve. I could list 5 examples of this just in the past year or so how everything just somehow fell together and we received blessings beyond our wildest dreams. I enjoy making someone's day, and maybe helping change their life if they share their gifts with others. It doesn't hurt me financially and helps me emotionally. Total win-win.

Finally, don't be a cheap bastard. Well let me rephrase that - it's ok to be a cheap bastard when eliminating debt and building wealth. Then, don't be a cheap bastard. You worked hard, you sacrificed, you deserve to enjoy it before you pass on.

Comment

Put this in the wrong thread earlier. I’m old. Taylor Swift is playing two sold out nights at State Farm Stadium here in Phoenix this weekend. 130,000 Swifties running around the West Valley. Serinity now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post
                                        Put this in the wrong thread earlier. I’m old. Taylor Swift is playing two sold out nights at State Farm Stadium here in Phoenix this weekend. 130,000 Swifties running around the West Valley. Serinity now!!!
                                        *Serenity

And don't lie, you'll be in the front row of both shows.

Comment

*Serenity

And don't lie, you'll be in the front row of both shows.
                                          My 14 year old granddaughter is with me but she has tickets for next weekend in Las Vegas. For giggles I checked the price for tickets on the secondary market. I’d have to mortgage my house to buy them

I am however finding my granddaughters purchase of a shiner glittery outfit so she’ll look like all the other Swifties.

Comment

My 14 year old granddaughter is with me but she has tickets for next weekend in Las Vegas. For giggles I checked the price for tickets on the secondary market. I’d have to mortgage my house to buy them

I am however finding my granddaughters purchase of a shiner glittery outfit so she’ll look like all the other Swifties.
                                            You're a better grandpa than me. We take ours to the beach and Disney, not Las Vegas for Taylor Swift shows. At least I can enjoy the beach and Disney too.

Comment

You're a better grandpa than me. We take ours to the beach and Disney, not Las Vegas for Taylor Swift shows. At least I can enjoy the beach and Disney too.
                                              Her dads taking her to Vegas. I’ll still be in Arizona.

Comment

Had lunch with my little momma today <3

Comment

Her dads taking her to Vegas. I’ll still be in Arizona.
                                                  Ah. You're more like me than I thought. NFW I'm taking a teenage girl to Vegas for a concert. Hell, I ain't even taking her to the Myriad/Cox/whatever they call it now in OKC for a Taylor Swift show.

Comment

I get it, and I thought I did too. Until I quit and started doing other things like volunteering and doing simple yard work instead of farming. I'm limited physically as well with the torn achilles, and I still can't turn on the TV until night time. Spending a lot of $$ on fishing/boating but it's money I have and it doesn't touch any of my investments - which I probably won't ever get around to spending. My wife can share it with her new boyfriend after I kick it...

The one and only thing I can recommend to EVERYBODY is to pay off all debt. ALL debt. I also got rid of a whole lot of material stuff and used the money to help pay off the debt. Less stuff makes me less stressed.

I'm sure you're making a sizeable income, and when you couple that with zero debt? You can achieve true wealth very rapidly. Real wealth, both financial and emotional. Not being any man's slave is emotionally exhilarating. Hells man, you don't even have to make great money to become wealthy when you write 3 checks a month for the phone, electric and internet that total about $500 per month and the rest goes into savings/spending on the things you enjoy. And gifting. I honestly have been blessed more by gifting than anything. It seems that God always brings blessings my way at the most unexpected yet perfect times. Way more than I deserve. I could list 5 examples of this just in the past year or so how everything just somehow fell together and we received blessings beyond our wildest dreams. I enjoy making someone's day, and maybe helping change their life if they share their gifts with others. It doesn't hurt me financially and helps me emotionally. Total win-win.

Finally, don't be a cheap bastard. Well let me rephrase that - it's ok to be a cheap bastard when eliminating debt and building wealth. Then, don't be a cheap bastard. You worked hard, you sacrificed, you deserve to enjoy it before you pass on.
                                                    My grandad told me years ago that the more things you have, the more you have to take care of. One of the best pieces of wisdom I still have ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribby View Post
                                                      Savor those moments.

Comment

Ah. You're more like me than I thought. NFW I'm taking a teenage girl to Vegas for a concert. Hell, I ain't even taking her to the Myriad/Cox/whatever they call it now in OKC for a Taylor Swift show.
                                                        Took my 12yo daughter to a concert many years ago. No way I would do it again. I would rent out the venue and have the band play to her alone before I would do that again. Being a DBer, I can afford to do that.

Comment

Savor those moments.
                                                          1000% Yep.

Comment

My grandad told me years ago that the more things you have, the more you have to take care of. One of the best pieces of wisdom I still have ever heard.
                                                            Moving to Florida was the best thing I ever did. We sold EVERYTHING and gave the rest away. 20-something guns, trucks, tractors, furniture, equipment, clothes, appliances, I mean everything. Just cleaning out my barns and shop was cathartic. Well over $600K worth of stuff and I've found I don't miss it a bit.

I remember going through all my pop's tools/accumulated stuff of 80+ years of living (he wouldn't throw anything away) and didn't wish that on my kids.

Now I own two homes and the furniture in them, a truck, two vans, maybe 12-15 guns, a boat and some fishing gear. One rollaway toolbox and lawn mowers/yard tools. That's it.

Comment

​​​​​​​

Baseball tournament weekend…

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post

Great shots of the snowy mountains in the background.

Comment

Savor those moments.

Indeed Ribby.

Went to my Band Director’s (from high school) church to fix some Quickbooks issues for him and their bookkeeper. Man he’s getting old, but such a good man and friend. Had some BBQ chicken for lunch, washed the truck, then home to give the dogs a bath. Too cold for yard work today. Now watching the Magnificent 7 remake after watching Man on Fire last night. Love me some vengeful Denzel.

Comment

Dang son, that you coaching third? You better lay off those sugar cocktails. Just sayin'...

Comment

Dang son, that you coaching third? You better lay off those sugar cocktails. Just sayin'...
                                                                      Oh hell no I’m not coaching. First year I haven’t coached. I pull up a chair and watch from the side this year.

Comment

Oh hell no I’m not coaching. First year I haven’t coached. I pull up a chair and watch from the side this year.
                                                                        Be sure to scream and cuss at the kids, umps, and coaches. Toughens em up.

Comment

Playing on a field with a portable pitching mound? I’m dissapointed in you.

Comment

"I will chain you to a pipe in a crawl space if you don't get on that bag!!!! "

Comment

Playing on a field with a portable pitching mound? I’m dissapointed in you.
                                                                              The rain completely fucked up a lot of the mounds out here. Tournament was supposed to be last weekend but we were rained out so they moved us here this weekend. I offered to send my crew and pay for DuraEdge from my pocket to rebuild the mound
                                                                              at the BLD we were supposed to be….but they just moved us to a different facility… so it’s a portable mound. My son’s pitching in the next game so it’s good thing he brought turf shoes.

Comment

When dad and I were coaching he was in charge of the parents. It was damn near a full time job. When I was playing mom quit going due to the other parents.

Comment

I forgot to tell y’all… after lunch my mom was like oh I have something for you in the back of my car, and hands me a Crown Royal bag.

Before I could thank her for the booze, she opens it and pulls out a pair of flip flops and a pair of wedge sandals. I said oh you’re giving me those back?? She thought she was just giving them to me and forgot I had given them to her in the first place. She’s the funniest.

Comment

Serious overdose of watching sports.

NCAA Wrestling Finals
                                                                                    OU Softball doubleheader
                                                                                    OU Women's Basketball
                                                                                    Sacramento Light-the-Beam Kings vs. Baltimore Bullets

Comment

Hey dude, all shit aside, You get ready to go REALLY catch fish at the rigs or drill ships, holla.

Im not alone and we’ve done it all our life. I have what we need.

Or not. IDGAS. Just an offer. We do it anyway.

Comment

The Myriad has not existed for a long time. They partitioned it all up. It's a "convention center" now.

Concerts are held across the street at the PayCom Center (previously known as the Ford Center followed by Chesapeake Arena) where the Thunder play.

Took my 12yo daughter to a concert many years ago. No way I would do it again. I would rent out the venue and have the band play to her alone before I would do that again. Being a DBer, I can afford to do that.
                                                                                        My daughter is 39 now, but back when she was 12, the "boy band" phenomena had just begun. It started with New Kids on the Block.

Not sure how familiar you are with the OKC area, but there was a Walmart on NW Expressway in Warr Acres. This was before the "super center" concept came along.

They had a huge parking lot. They were sponsoring a tour by a new band called Backstreet Boys. They did a free concert in the Walmart parking lot. I got roped into taking my daughter and a couple of her friends. I just hung out on a berm on the side of the parking lot while the show was going on. Afterwards they signed autographs inside the store. I had to escort the girls in there. It was a madhouse.

Backstreet Boys got really big shortly after that.

Comment

Hopefully getting in a couple games today before the rain..

Comment

Working out and grocery shopping done. Enjoying some leftover prime New York strip that I grilled last night.

Bought 10 more bags of manure. Getting ready to clean out my wife's bathroom sink and bathtub drains. Will follow that up with more garden work.

Will take breaks to catch some March Madness action in between all that.

No clue yet what I'm fixing for dinner tonight.

Comment

Working out and grocery shopping done. Enjoying some leftover prime New York strip that I grilled last night.

Bought 10 more bags of manure. Getting ready to clean out my wife's bathroom sink and bathtub drains. Will follow that up with more garden work.

Will take breaks to catch some March Madness action in between all that.

No clue yet what I'm fixing for dinner tonight.
                                                                                              How about pancakes?

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

How about pancakes?
                                                                                                Not a big fan of them. They are nothing but filler. I have not had a pancake in probably 30 years.

I'm a fried egg, sausage link, hash browns or corned beef hash guy when I eat a true breakfast.

Mostly my breakfasts are last night's leftovers.

Comment

Hopefully getting in a couple games today before the rain..
                                                                                                  In Arizona for the rest of the week. Keep that rain in California. Watching Jacob DeGrom pitch today.

Comment

Sang, worked a little, then started cleaning out the fridge & deboning a chicken. Prolly read a book and watch basketball. Woke up with a terrible sinus headache so I guess I’m gonna be lazy today.

Comment

Sang, worked a little, then started cleaning out the fridge & deboning a chicken. Prolly read a book and watch basketball. Woke up with a terrible sinus headache so I guess I’m gonna be lazy today.

.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1