Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
    Jets WR great Don Maynard

I always loved the one bar face mask. Men were men in those days.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
      Jets WR great Don Maynard

Had his poster on my bedroom wall when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

If it was a three hour cruise why’d they pack trunks of clothes? But not Skipper, Gilligan, and the Professor.
        creator Sherwood Schwartz says that he thought the Howells would have everything that they wanted with them at all times. So even if they were going out for an hour, they would take everything they wanted

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post

creator Sherwood Schwartz says that he thought the Howells would have everything that they wanted with them at all times. So even if they were going out for an hour, they would take everything they wanted
          Don't forget, the Professor had a ton of books with him. He had a book on just about everything in his suitcase.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner Schooner View Post

Don't forget, the Professor had a ton of books with him. He had a book on just about everything in his suitcase.
            He could make a radio out of coconuts but he couldn’t fix the hole in the boat.

Comment

He could make a radio out of coconuts but he couldn’t fix the hole in the boat.
              A true underappreciated movie.

Comment

Schwartz named the Minnow after Newton Minnow who called tv a vast wasteland.

Comment

Tim Rosaforte

Comment

Ronnie Spector

Comment

Ronnie Spector
                      She will finally get to use the glass topped casket?

Comment

Ronnie Spector
                        “Be my little baby”

Comment

She will finally get to use the glass topped casket?
                          Phil was definitely whack!

Comment

Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post

Phil was definitely whack!
                            Those times produced some whack a doo husbands. Ike Turner comes to mind.

Comment

Ten songs by Ronnie.

https://www.classicrockhistory.com/t...Ukh9pKGVYAYkK0

Comment

People forget she used to play with Southside Johnny, the E Street Band and The Boss

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

People forget she used to play with Southside Johnny, the E Street Band and The Boss
                                  She was pretty hot and wasn’t afraid to show it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post

She was pretty hot and wasn’t afraid to show it.
                                    Just like Bert's mom....

Comment

This song was with SSJ and was written by the Boss. Produced by Little Steven.

She recited Billy Joel’s Say Goodbye To Hollywood - his homage to the wall of sound - backed by the E Street Band.

Comment

She recited Billy Joel’s Say Goodbye To Hollywood - his homage to the wall of sound - backed by the E Street Band.
                                        Her appearance with Eddie Money for “Take me home tonight” was pretty awesome also

Comment

Correct. That was the first time they had hooked up. Musically. Not sure about Stevie

Comment

Her appearance with Eddie Money for “Take me home tonight” was pretty awesome also

Comment

Former UK bball coach, Joe B Hall. 93.

Comment

Ralph Emery. 88.

Comment

Former UK bball coach, Joe B Hall. 93.
                                                  Tom T. Halls brother?

Comment

George Soros on the clock? 91 years old. He looks bad.

https://m.jpost.com/diaspora/antisem...-master-689026

Comment

Ralph Emery. 88.
                                                      Country music broadcasting legend...WSM, the Opry, syndicated music shows, and a long-time fixture on the Nashville Network (now CMT)...he even had a charted country hit of his own...well done.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerPV View Post

Country music broadcasting legend...WSM, the Opry, syndicated music shows, and a long-time fixture on the Nashville Network (now CMT)...he even had a charted country hit of his own...well done.
                                                        If you watched the Ken Burns country music series Emery was all over it.
                                                        Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; 01-18-2022, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Yvette Mimieux, ‘The Time Machine’ actress, dead at 80

By
                                                          Samantha Ibrahim
                                                          January 18, 2022

Yvette Mimieux, star of the 1960 sci-fi flick “The Time Machine,” has passed away at 80.

She died in her sleep from natural causes on Tuesday morning, her family’s rep confirmed to Deadline.

Mimieux just celebrated her 80th birthday on Jan. 8.

She was best known for starring alongside Rod Taylor in the film adaption of H.G. Wells’ novel “The Time Machine,” but had notable roles in the films “Where the Boys Are,” “Platinum High School,” “The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse” and “Light in the Piazza.”

She also starred in 1976’s “Jackson County Line,” an edgy crime thriller which had her wrongfully imprisoned and accused of murdering a guard who assaulted her.

During her career, she was nominated for three Golden Globe Awards.

She eventually retired from acting in 1992 after her final TV movie, “Lady Boss.”

Mimieux was married and divorced three times and had no children. After marriages to Evan Harland Engber in 1969 and director Stanley Donen in 1972, she eventually settled down with Howard F. Ruby, whom she married in 1986 and shared 36 years together.

Mimieux was born in Los Angeles, California in 1942 to a French father and Mexican mother. She had two siblings, a sister and a brother.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerPV View Post

He had a pretty solid combover too, if I recall correctly. Not Billy Tubbs worthy, but better than average.

Comment

Originally posted by Shitbird View Post
                                                              Yvette Mimieux, ‘The Time Machine’ actress, dead at 80

By
                                                              Samantha Ibrahim
                                                              January 18, 2022

Yvette Mimieux, star of the 1960 sci-fi flick “The Time Machine,” has passed away at 80.

She died in her sleep from natural causes on Tuesday morning, her family’s rep confirmed to Deadline.

Mimieux just celebrated her 80th birthday on Jan. 8.

She was best known for starring alongside Rod Taylor in the film adaption of H.G. Wells’ novel “The Time Machine,” but had notable roles in the films “Where the Boys Are,” “Platinum High School,” “The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse” and “Light in the Piazza.”

She also starred in 1976’s “Jackson County Line,” an edgy crime thriller which had her wrongfully imprisoned and accused of murdering a guard who assaulted her.

During her career, she was nominated for three Golden Globe Awards.

She eventually retired from acting in 1992 after her final TV movie, “Lady Boss.”

Mimieux was married and divorced three times and had no children. After marriages to Evan Harland Engber in 1969 and director Stanley Donen in 1972, she eventually settled down with Howard F. Ruby, whom she married in 1986 and shared 36 years together.

Mimieux was born in Los Angeles, California in 1942 to a French father and Mexican mother. She had two siblings, a sister and a brother.
                                                              I remember her giving young Stinger a few boners back in the day.
                                                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

Ron Franklin, former ESPN CFB broadcaster. Usually was the Saturday night team with Mike Gottfried back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
                                                                  Ron Franklin, former ESPN CFB broadcaster. Usually was the Saturday night team with Mike Gottfried back in the day.
                                                                  He was also the Sports Director at Channel 2 in Tulsa as well as a commentator for the Texas Longhorns in the 80s

Comment

Originally posted by OUspark View Post
                                                                    George Soros on the clock? 91 years old. He looks bad.

https://m.jpost.com/diaspora/antisem...-master-689026
                                                                    Please...please...please....I don’t wish death on anyone but this guy is the exception

Comment

He was also the Sports Director at Channel 2 in Tulsa as well as a commentator for the Texas Longhorns in the 80s
                                                                      I didn't know that about Channel 2....thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

I didn't know that about Channel 2....thanks.
                                                                        Late 60s to early 70s

Comment

Late 60s to early 70s
                                                                          I lived there then, but I don't remember him. But I usually watched Chris Lincoln and Bob Carpenter on KTUL.
                                                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Robot_ulism View Post

Please...please...please....I don’t wish death on anyone but this guy is the exception
                                                                            I bet he’s injecting bleach.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

I lived there then, but I don't remember him. But I usually watched Chris Lincoln and Bob Carpenter on KTUL.
                                                                              Then you probably missed Mack Creager flipping everyone off from behind the sports desk at KOTV-6 in Tulsa during Mannix. Mazzepa got blamed for it but he was not in the studio.

Comment

Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post

Then you probably missed Mack Creager flipping everyone off from behind the sports desk at KOTV-6 in Tulsa during Mannix. Mazzepa got blamed for it but he was not in the studio.
                                                                                I definitely remember that. I saw it happen. My dad was a fan of Mannix, and it happened during a Mannix broadcast if my memory is correct.

I knew Mac's daughter in college.
                                                                                Live Free or Die!

Comment

Meat Loaf at 74?

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                                                                                    Meat Loaf at 74?
                                                                                    Father-in-law of Scott Ian (Anthrax).
                                                                                    Live Free or Die!

Comment

Like a Bat outta hell!

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                                                                                        Meat Loaf at 74?
                                                                                        BOOH was big my senior/freshman year. I played the crap out of it. Saw him live once. Fun times. RIP, Eddie.

The end of time has hurried up and arrived.

Comment

Meat Loaf also did the back half of Ted Nugent's Free For All and of course Rocky Horror Picture Show before Bat Out of Hell.

Steinman just passed last year now Meat Loaf. RIP.

Comment

Used to go watch RHPS in Norman at a small theater. Don't recall where it was.

Comment

He glowed like the metal on the edge of a knife. Rest in peace, Meat Loaf.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Robot_ulism View Post

When that miserable fuck dies I promise they'll find 666 birthmarks all over his liver-spotted carcass. What a horrible human being.

RIP Mr. Loaf. I was never a huge fan, but Paradise was a cool song. He kinda reminded me of the musical version of Chris Farley.

Comment

The one in Stubeman Village near the dorms where Mr. Bills and Pinocchio's were also?
                                                                                                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

When that miserable fuck dies I promise they'll find 666 birthmarks all over his liver-spotted carcass. What a horrible human being.

RIP Mr. Loaf. I was never a huge fan, but Paradise was a cool song. He kinda reminded me of the musical version of Chris Farley.
                                                                                                    Mr. Loaf. I often wondered if that was what people called him.

Comment

We used to go to the theater next to Walker Tower.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1