Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad PR Day for Tesla!

that sucks

It started with a dashboard warning and ended with a burst of flames that ultimately destroyed one man’s new Tesla Model S. Now, the owner of the vehicle says he’ll never buy another one.

Come on buy a Ford.

Comment

They haven't had a good album since the '80s.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerKA1999 View Post
        Now, the owner of the vehicle says he’ll never buy another one.
        No shit?

Comment

Tesla tells you to only tow on a flatbed, because towing while in drive will charge the battery at an incredibly rapid pace. Guessing this guy/roadside assistance tried to jack up the car with a traditional jack, which punctured the battery pack on the bottom of the car, and then towed it in a way that charged the car beyond its capacity. It’s not a coincidence this happened right after a tow.

Comment

^^^
            sup, Elon?

Comment

Originally posted by jbaker View Post
              Tesla tells you to only tow on a flatbed, because towing while in drive will charge the battery at an incredibly rapid pace. Guessing this guy/roadside assistance tried to jack up the car with a traditional jack, which punctured the battery pack on the bottom of the car, and then towed it in a way that charged the car beyond its capacity. It’s not a coincidence this happened right after a tow.
              Too many angles for error on this car. I just assume not buy one. Especially since you have to wait nearly a year to receive it. Everything I've heard about the Tesla is garbage. Paint being one of the worst things on the car. Interiors are also trash for the money you're paying. I hope every sucker that buys one enjoys the pain in the ass they are once they get it. They deserve it.

Also... Every heard of this little trick called "putting the car in neutral"? Why would the care be charging in Neutral?

Comment

Too many angles for error on this car. I just assume not buy one. Especially since you have to wait nearly a year to receive it. Everything I've heard about the Tesla is garbage. Paint being one of the worst things on the car. Interiors are also trash for the money you're paying. I hope every sucker that buys one enjoys the pain in the ass they are once they get it. They deserve it.

Also... Every heard of this little trick called "putting the car in neutral"? Why would the care be charging in Neutral?
                Took me 28 days from ordering until delivery. Paint’s fine. Interior is great, comfortable, highly customizable climate controls and all seats heated, hasn’t caught on fire yet.

And when you’re in drive the car works kind of like a manual transmission in that you’re basically “neutral” until you hit the accelerator (unless you enable the creep feature, which makes it idle more like an automatic). Presumably in this case, the guy kept his in drive because it doesn’t move. That said, a car shouldn’t catch on fire even if you don’t pay attention to the manual or don’t know what you’re doing. That’s a bad thing. But I’ve got no worries about mine spontaneously combusting.
                Last edited by jbaker; 12-20-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Took me 28 days from ordering until delivery. Paint’s fine. Interior is great, comfortable, highly customizable climate controls and all seats heated, hasn’t caught on fire yet.

And when you’re in drive the car works kind of like a manual transmission in that you’re basically “neutral” until you hit the accelerator (unless you enable the creep feature, which makes it idle more like an automatic). Presumably in this case, the guy kept his in drive because it doesn’t move. That said, a car shouldn’t catch on fire even if you don’t pay attention to the manual or don’t know what you’re doing. That’s a bad thing. But I’ve got no worries about mine spontaneously combusting.
                  That's funny. One of my close friends that is the National VP of Sales for a major auto-paint company has said Tesla's have the worst paint on the market. He said Tesla is literally paying them to repaint their cars now. Even after they've already been painted. Dealerships haven't trusted the paint jobs. So they're asking his company to re do them on site.

Interiors of Tesla's have been very problematic. Google it... While you may not have had bad luck (yet) many many many others have. Also look at Screen failures on the dash screen. Worst problem for Tesla is they don't have a service network like other MFGs have. That is costing them beaucoup money.

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post
                    They haven't had a good album since the '80s.
                    But they’re still a great live band

Comment

Too many angles for error on this car. I just assume not buy one.
                      You mean you can’t...afford...one. It’s easy to have an opinion on something you could never own

Comment

Those cars are comparable to putting out a fire in a tire recycling yard... takes plenty of effort and just keeps reigniting on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post
                          Those cars are comparable to putting out a fire in a tire recycling yard... takes plenty of effort and just keeps reigniting on occasion.
                          Kind of like a trick birthday candle.

Comment

Bless your heart.

Comment

There is no place on this board for common sense. This is purely a haters ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post

You mean you can’t...afford...one. It’s easy to have an opinion on something you could never own
                                Jesus, you are an incredible piece of shit. Fuck you. I can afford one and wouldn't want one because dickless wonders like you would.

Take Sooner out of your name. You represent nothing of the people of this state. You're a piece of Californian shit so I shall now call you SoCaliDickless.

Comment

I have two friends who have them and they both love them. They are very nice cars, I want the Model X but it’s $100k. I might have a look at ordering one next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdawg88 View Post

I have two friends who have them and they both love them. They are very nice cars, I want the Model X but it’s $100k. I might have a look at ordering one next year.
                                    I’ve only just gotten mine but I really like it so far. Yes, the Model X is really cool but the pricetag is really high. The Model Y should be out in 2020 and likely start closer to $50k.

Tesla isn’t great at customer service yet, and the legislatures in most states make it even harder on them. They can’t even ship a car from California to Texas until you have it fully funded and titled. Some people have had QC problems with their cars, luckily mine arrived relatively flawless. There are probably more problems than they’d care to admit, but they’re a young company and they’re much more under the microscope than most car companies. I’m sure I’ll be cursing them the minute something goes wrong on mine.

All that said, I’m happy to support a company that is actively pushing an entire industry forward, is American-made and owned, and hasn’t been propped up by trillion dollar bailouts.

Comment

Look at the big brain on Brad

Comment

I’ve only just gotten mine but I really like it so far. Yes, the Model X is really cool but the pricetag is really high. The Model Y should be out in 2020 and likely start closer to $50k.

Tesla isn’t great at customer service yet, and the legislatures in most states make it even harder on them. They can’t even ship a car from California to Texas until you have it fully funded and titled. Some people have had QC problems with their cars, luckily mine arrived relatively flawless. There are probably more problems than they’d care to admit, but they’re a young company and they’re much more under the microscope than most car companies. I’m sure I’ll be cursing them the minute something goes wrong on mine.

All that said, I’m happy to support a company that is actively pushing an entire industry forward, is American-made and owned, and hasn’t been propped up by trillion dollar bailouts.
                                        I agree. I heard Elon Musk say that they are one of only two American auto companies that have never filed bankruptcy. They did barrow quite a bit of money but they paid it back with interest. To me it’s the American dream!

Comment

Signs signs everywhere are signs

Comment

Tax credits are a form of bailout. It is just in disguise. Individuals will have received $1.5B in tax credit just from Feds. Doesn't include state tax credit. Or the $25K tax credit for each Model X (known as the Hummer tax loophole). Could have built 1/3 of the wall! Please name any start up company that has operated on IPO's for 12 years losing over $5B having never turned a profit. There are none. When Tesla fails, Musk will be out nothing.

Now that being said, I think Musk is a visionary but a very poor manager of other peoples money.

Comment

Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post

Tax credits are a form of bailout. It is just in disguise. Individuals will have received $1.5B in tax credit just from Feds. Doesn't include state tax credit. Or the $25K tax credit for each Model X (known as the Hummer tax loophole). Could have built 1/3 of the wall! Please name any start up company that has operated on IPO's for 12 years losing over $5B having never turned a profit. There are none. When Tesla fails, Musk will be out nothing.

Now that being said, I think Musk is a visionary but a very poor manager of other peoples money.
                                              The tax credit applies to every vehicle manufacturer, American or otherwise, that sells electric vehicles in the US (also the Hummer tax loophole is a deduction, not a credit, and only applies to businesses).
                                              Tesla has only been public for 8 years, and just turned a $300 million profit last quarter. Obviously that’s after a lot of losses. Amazon didn’t make any money for two decades while it’s stock price surged, so it’s certainly not unprecedented in the tech space.

And to keep into perspective Tesla’s $6 billion dollars in lifetime losses, GM lost $31 billion in 2008 alone before the bailout.

Comment

Without those local, state, and fed incentives Tesla would still be a wet dream.

sometimes the incentives work out and sometimes they don't. Tesla is still borderline.

Comment

Tesla has a lot of competition coming on line. They better hold tight

Comment

Originally posted by Meatgator View Post

Jesus, you are an incredible piece of shit. Fuck you. I can afford one and wouldn't want one because dickless wonders like you would.

Take Sooner out of your name. You represent nothing of the people of this state. You're a piece of Californian shit so I shall now call you SoCaliDickless.
                                                    I won’t drive an electric car. I enjoy the sound of a throaty carburetor in my 302-1969 bronco. It’s gas guzzling and I won’t have to worry about the battery.

Comment

I followed a 9-car trailer load of Teslas for a few miles on I-40 coming out of California into Arizona a couple days ago. Cookie cutter cars.

Comment

I won’t drive an electric car. I enjoy the sound of a throaty carburetor in my 302-1969 bronco. It’s gas guzzling and I won’t have to worry about the battery.
                                                        Your bronco is a POS, and I'd wager you have to worry about the battery in it all the time. Your bronco has potential...but right now? POS. Like the owner? Oh wait, some "trust" owns it and I haven't met any of the other people in your family so calling them POS probably isn't fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

Your bronco is a POS, and I'd wager you have to worry about the battery in it all the time. Your bronco has potential...but right now? POS. Like the owner? Oh wait, some "trust" owns it and I haven't met any of the other people in your family so calling them POS probably isn't fair.
                                                          Shit...I bought that bronco when I was single, did a lot of the under the hood work myself at work but I bought it from the original owner who bought it new from Galpin Ford.

Comment

I could easily afford one. I just wouldn't want one.

BTW, should we send you a new laminated picture of Kurt Russell?

Comment

Originally posted by Pphilfran View Post
                                                              Tesla has a lot of competition coming on line. They better hold tight
                                                              Yep, one of their biggest competitors stole 3 of their top level folks.

Activa (aka Lucid Motors) out of China is about to curb stomp them in production.

Tesla would be wise to pivot away from cars and stick to being a battery maker.

Comment

I think Tesla is at the sales limit that will eliminate the tax credit to buyers. Ain't gonna help

Comment

I could easily afford one. I just wouldn't want one.

BTW, should we send you a new laminated picture of Kurt Russell?
                                                                  So what do you drive currently?

Comment

Meanwhile Tesla’s valuation is roughly the same as Ford & GM’s. Haters gonna hate. I guess some people just fear change.

Comment

So what do you drive currently?
                                                                      I have a Ford Fusion and a Ford F150 and I love both of them.

Sorry They're not as nice as your Jeep, Masaraetti or whatever other Douchemobiles you probably own. One thing is for sure... I don't need phone books to see over the steering wheel and elevator shoes to reach the pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by One Man Wolfpack View Post
                                                                        Meanwhile Tesla’s valuation is roughly the same as Ford & GM’s. Haters gonna hate. I guess some people just fear change.
                                                                        You mean Market Value.... Now... let's look at real value... Free Cash Flow... Debt-to-BV of Equity... Cash Burn Rate... Virtually ever other market analyst not affiliated with Goldman-Sachs in the finance industry that is unbiased is saying stay as far away as possible. Yeah Tesla is not great financially.

Comment

Originally posted by One Man Wolfpack View Post
                                                                          They have a rough road ahead of them. They have a lot of competition coming on line. Much of that new competition will have tax credits (200,000) vehicles that Tesla won't have. Their products are on the higher end vs gas competition. Low gas prices not helping their current sales.

I have owned their stock and made damn good money. Don't own any now.

Comment

Watcha think?

Each manufacturer can sell 200,000 vehicles before the credit is eliminated.

Is it better to be first to the market (Tesla, Volt, Leaf) and build an early customer base.

or

Be later to the market and sell the new models that have the tax incentive which gives a big price advantage to the latest and greatest?

Comment

#39

I have a Ford Fusion and a Ford F150 and I love both of them.

Sorry They're not as nice as your Jeep, Masaraetti or whatever other Douchemobiles you probably own. One thing is for sure... I don't need phone books to see over the steering wheel and elevator shoes to reach the pedals.

I have an F150, a 1969 Bronco and the wife has a Jeep and a Mercedes. I’ll never own an electric car or a hybrid...but yes phone books and elevator shoes wokka wokka....

Comment

#40
                                                                                Watcha think?

Each manufacturer can sell 200,000 vehicles before the credit is eliminated.

Is it better to be first to the market (Tesla, Volt, Leaf) and build an early customer base.

or

Be later to the market and sell the new models that have the tax incentive which gives a big price advantage to the latest and greatest?
                                                                                These guys are going to be Tesla's biggest competitors. They're already selling 100's of thousands of units in China.

Lucid Motors

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Tesla just announced a 2k across the board price cut.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Bad sign.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      I guess JBaker should have waited a little while longer to buy his. He just took a $2K hit.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        To compensate for the lost tax credits.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post

To compensate for the lost tax credits.
                                                                                          So what you are saying is that Tesla has been gouging their customers at the expense of the tax payers. That's a classy organization.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Gouging? They just turned their first quarterly profit. Hard to gouge when you have been losing money.

And yes, the price decrease was due to rhe loss of tax credits.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Gouging? They just turned their first quarterly profit. Hard to gouge when you have been losing money.

And yes, the price decrease was due to rhe loss of tax credits.
                                                                                              You can still gouge and lose money. (See Volkswagen) And they stated that that first quarterly profit was largely due to the tax credits which they are not going to have going forward.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Their action makes perfect sense. To grow/keep sales the cut the price since they had profit to play with.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  New technology always lowers price as they mature. I would expect further price drops as battery prices continue to decline.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post

You can still gouge and lose money. (See Volkswagen) And they stated that that first quarterly profit was largely due to the tax credits which they are not going to have going forward.
                                                                                                    Gouging? You're one of these morons that says the phone companies are "gouging" consumers because of their phone prices.

How about this: A Tesla is a luxury item that is completely unnecessary. People pay the price because they want one, you literally cannot gouge those people. Same with a phone, nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head and making them buy the top of the line overpriced phone. People do it because they WANT to.

Now, if you want to say that they took advantage of the tax credit to maximize their profits....thats reasonable. Its also something that 100% of companies would do in their place. I mean, the tax credits are there for a reason are they not?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1