Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much much worse. It's a tool with added power.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post
      Much much worse. It's a tool with added power.
      So . . . like a forum moderator?

Comment

GM says it will produce electric Chevrolet Corvettes

DETROIT – General Motors will produce an electrified Chevrolet Corvette next year, followed by an all-electric version of the iconic sports car, GM President Mark Reuss said Monday.

Reuss said the automaker will continue to produce traditional models with internal combustion engines alongside the electrified models. He declined to disclose when the all-electric Corvette would be released or whether the “electrified” model would be a traditional hybrid or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle.

“We will have an electrified Corvette next year. It’s coming very quick,” Reuss told CNBC’s Phil LeBeau during an interview on “Squawk Box.”

Rumors of an electric Corvette have been swirling for years, including President Joe Biden mentioning it last year during a campaign commercial.
        GM will produce an electrified Chevrolet Corvette next year, followed by an all-electric version of the iconic sports car, according to President Mark Reuss.
        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Yesterday at church, I parked next to a mustang mach e. I hate it. Ugly. Watered down a massive brand which should have been a grand slam if they were going to do it. IMO, what they delivered was a single caused by an error.

Today at the grocery store, saw a jaguar electric suv. Classy design.

Also saw Acura and Lexus electric suvs. I couldn't look past the hideously ugly grills and front ends to see anything else on it. I have seen several other suvs and cars lately, both electric and gas, with hideous front grills. Do they test market this stuff before going all Edsel? Maybe it's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
            GM says it will produce electric Chevrolet Corvettes

DETROIT – General Motors will produce an electrified Chevrolet Corvette next year, followed by an all-electric version of the iconic sports car, GM President Mark Reuss said Monday.

Reuss said the automaker will continue to produce traditional models with internal combustion engines alongside the electrified models. He declined to disclose when the all-electric Corvette would be released or whether the “electrified” model would be a traditional hybrid or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle.

“We will have an electrified Corvette next year. It’s coming very quick,” Reuss told CNBC’s Phil LeBeau during an interview on “Squawk Box.”

Rumors of an electric Corvette have been swirling for years, including President Joe Biden mentioning it last year during a campaign commercial.
            Meh. GM also produces this turd. Picked it up a week or two ago. An electric Hummer. You can be the proud owner for only $280K. I wouldn't give you treefiddy for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

Meh. GM also produces this turd. Picked it up a week or two ago. An electric Hummer. You can be the proud owner for only $280K. I wouldn't give you treefiddy for it.

But it has crab steering! That’s got to be worth at least $100k.

Comment

Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

But it has crab steering! That’s got to be worth at least $100k.
                I'll give it to GM (especially Chevrolet), they really stick to their guns when it comes to producing ugly trucks. They are the king of unnecessary body lines and odd design attributes. That Hummer is hideous from the rear doors back.

Comment

Its got the front end of an FJ Cruiser and the ass end of a Ridgeline, with zero of the reliability of either Toyota or Honda. Hard pass

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerAviator View Post

I'll give it to GM (especially Chevrolet), they really stick to their guns when it comes to producing ugly trucks. They are the king of unnecessary body lines and odd design attributes. That Hummer is hideous from the rear doors back.
                    I love their styling...wouldn't drive anything else. Beauty is in the eye...

Comment

Its got the front end of an FJ Cruiser and the ass end of a Ridgeline, with zero of the reliability of either Toyota or Honda. Hard pass
                      If you Socali's size Honda is great...Tundras get GPM instead of MPG...I'm 6'2" 210...neither of your options appeal to me, but that's just me

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post

I love their styling...wouldn't drive anything else. Beauty is in the eye...

what I’m hearing here is that you like fat, ugly chicks who are uncomfortable to fuck and have horrible grills. Eye of the beholder indeed.

Comment

what I’m hearing here is that you like fat, ugly chicks who are uncomfortable to fuck and have horrible grills. Eye of the beholder indeed.
                          To be clear, I was only referring to the initial claim that GM generally makes ugly vehicles. You'd probably shit if you saw my wife. I'm the guy that gets the question, "how'd you land her?" more often than I'd like.

Comment

To be clear, I was only referring to the initial claim that GM generally makes ugly vehicles. You'd probably shit if you saw my wife. I'm the guy that gets the question, "how'd you land her?" more often than I'd like.
                            Post pics of said wife and I might believe you. GM used to make a handsome truck. Past several years? Fucking hideous.

I’m a Ford man and pics of my wife are all over this place.

Comment

Post pics of said wife and I might believe you. GM used to make a handsome truck. Past several years? Fucking hideous.

Not a chance...McRib is the only one in the history of OU message boards to see momma. Again, you say zig, I say zag. Fords look like cheap boxes to me. That said, anyone driving a Ram pickup HAS to be blind.

Comment

Not a chance...McRib is the only one in the history of OU message boards to see momma. Again, you say zig, I say zag. Fords look like cheap boxes to me. That said, anyone driving a Ram pickup HAS to be blind.
                                Don’t deflect to the obvious. We all know about Dodge trucks. Ribby has seen momma and so have many other posters here. Pics and real life. I’ll be happy to drive my Ford.

No pics, no clicks. So far your wife looks like a Chevy. That’s not good brah.

Comment

Don’t deflect to the obvious. We all know about Dodge trucks. Ribby has seen momma and so have many other posters here. Pics and real life. I’ll be happy to drive my Ford.

No pics, no clicks. So far your wife looks like a Chevy. That’s not good brah.
                                  If you are comparing her to an early 2000's model, before they went the slanted hood/headlights way, or earlier, she is still solid I bet

Comment

If you are comparing her to an early 2000's model, before they went the slanted hood/headlights way, or earlier, she is still solid I bet
                                    Indeed.

Comment

Why are talking about his wife's slanted headlights?

Comment

I'm a little hurt that you'd show ribby but not us. Was this some kinda quid pro quo thing? You show yours and she shows hers?

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post

I'm a little hurt that you'd show ribby but not us. Was this some kinda quid pro quo thing? You show yours and she shows hers?
                                          No, I just know she's a respectable person...some on here are certifiably nuts. Plus, I'm not looking for confirmation from people I don't know anyway. Also, I'm living vicariously thru my daughter's past success anyway...amirite, Sly?

Comment

31’s wife has pretty good headlights and a great tail end

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post

31’s wife has pretty good headlights and a great tail end
                                              I heard her exhaust and muffler need repair though.

Comment

This could be a huge development. If it can be commercially developed it would be much better than the current EV's.

Scientists develop cheaper ‘green fuel’ (msn.com)

Cheaper green fuel has been developed by scientists in the United Kingdom - using iron instead of costly platinum.

The breakthrough brings the commercialization of hydrogen cell electric vehicles a step closer.

They are an environmentally-friendly alternative for portable power - with water vapor the only by-product.

The development puts the common metal ahead in the race to find cost-effective catalysts.

© Provided by talker(Juice Verve/Shutterstock)

Project leader Professor Anthony Kucernak, of Imperial College London, said: "Currently, around 60 percent of the cost of a single fuel cell is the platinum for the catalyst.
                                                "To make fuel cells a real viable alternative to fossil-fuel-powered vehicles, for example, we need to bring that cost down."

"Our cheaper catalyst design should make this a reality, and allow deployment of significantly more renewable energy systems that use hydrogen as fuel, ultimately reducing greenhouse gas emissions and putting the world on a path to net-zero emissions."

It involves intensive heating of iron and the elements nitrogen and carbon - three of Earth's most abundant raw materials.

The innovation was dispersing the iron as single atoms within an electrically conducting carbon matrix.

It produced different chemical properties to bulk iron making it more reactive in the fuel cell - acting as a good substitute for platinum.

In lab tests, a single-atom iron catalyst performed as well as platinum-based catalysts in a real fuel cell system.

The method could also be adapted for other processes - such as treating wastewater using air to remove harmful contaminants.

First author Dr. Asad Mehmood, also from Imperial, said: "We've developed a new approach to make a range of 'single atom' catalysts that offer an opportunity to allow a range of new chemical and electrochemical processes.

"Specifically, we used a unique synthetic method, called transmetallation, to avoid forming iron clusters during synthesis.

"This process should be beneficial to other scientists looking to prepare a similar type of catalyst."

There is an increasing focus on hydrogen fuel cell systems as alternate power sources for vehicles and other applications.

They have fast refueling time, high energy density and lack of harmful emissions or by-products.

But widespread use has been hampered in by the high cost of platinum - the primary component.

© Provided by talkerWidespread use of electric vehicles will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and further the goal of net-zero emissions. (Desizned/Shutterstock)

To facilitate the reaction that produces the electricity, the fuel cells rely on the expensive and rare catalyst.

After successful tests with UK fuel cell catalyst manufacturer Johnson Matthey, the researchers hope to scale up the iron-based version for commercialization.

They are now working to improve stability so it matches platinum in durability as well as performance. The findings are in Nature Catalysis.

Comment

How much platinum is used in a fuel cell? It’s not cheap compared to iron, but it also doesn’t cost what it did 10 years ago. It’s now half the price of gold.

Comment

Hertz CEO says rebounding business travel could tighten an already-constrained used car market

Business travel is making a comeback and could constrain already tight supplies of rental cars when it finally recovers, Hertz chief executive Stephen Scherr told CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday.

“Corporate business is trending upwards, make no mistake about it. I’m confident that that starts to come back, and I think the in-bound visitor from outside the U.S. will start to come back when full relaxation of some of the Covid limitations are in fact in place,” Scherr said in an interview on “Mad Money.”

“When that happens, I think there’s more demand here then what we’re experiencing right now, and right now, this is a demand-supply issue, which is demand is outstripping the amount of fleet that the industry, no less Hertz, has,” he added.

Hertz reported better-than-expected earnings and revenue in its latest quarter, according to StreetAccount.

The rental car company said in its quarterly earnings call that it is “experiencing the impact of constraints on the supply of new vehicles as well as certain inflationary cost pressures,” and that issues with obtaining enough supply to meet demand could last into 2023.

However, the rebound of business travel is still in its early stages compared to leisure travel, Scherr said.

“If you just decompose demand, leisure traveler 90-some odd percent back relative to 2019. Business or corporate travel only 63% back. And … non-U.S. travelers, so people coming from Europe or Asia into the United States, only 35% back,” he said.
                                                    "Corporate business is trending upwards, make no mistake about it," Scherr said in an interview on "Mad Money."
                                                    Live Free or Die!

Comment

No doubt. I've seen a bunch of pics of Sly's wife. In some...she even has some clothes on!

Comment

heading to asheville, nc tomorrow to pick up my truck...
                                                        it's a 2014 f-150 lariat crew cab 4x4 with a 6.2L v8 engine....
                                                        it has 14,900 miles on it....
                                                        Last edited by theresonly187; 05-04-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Thats a 65k truck in this market

Comment

Thats a 65k truck in this market
                                                            when it first hit the market....they had it priced at $50k.....i offered $45k....
                                                            took about a month but they accepted my offer...

edit: forgot to mention above but it's a lariat
                                                            Last edited by theresonly187; 05-04-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

when it first hit the market....they had it priced at $50k.....i offered $45k....

Are you having Sly pick it up and deliver it to you?

Comment

Always amazes me. I bought a new '08 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat loaded with every available option but 4x4 (basically Platinum edition before it existed) in March of 2008, for $30K smooth. Even then it was a ton of money for a truck, but the sticker price was over $42K. Now, you're having to pay higher than my sticker price for a used truck 6 years newer than mine. It's just a crazy market out there, and inflation isn't helping anything.

Comment

Always amazes me. I bought a new '08 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat loaded with every available option but 4x4 (basically Platinum edition before it existed) in March of 2008, for $30K smooth. Even then it was a ton of money for a truck, but the sticker price was over $42K. Now, you're having to pay higher than my sticker price for a used truck 6 years newer than mine. It's just a crazy market out there, and inflation isn't helping anything.
                                                                  Remember when pickups were the cheap option?

Bench seat. Steering wheel. Bed. No frills.

Comment

yeah....and i'm still paying $20k-$30k UNDER what a new f150 lariat sticker price is right now...
                                                                    and i can't get the big v8 that i want......u get the scrawny 3.7L v6

Comment

Remember when pickups were the cheap option?

Bench seat. Steering wheel. Bed. No frills.
                                                                      Barely. First truck I remember going with my father to buy was a 1990 F-150 Lariat SuperCab. Front cloth split bench, rear vinyl. Two tone silver and black. Sharp truck. Next truck he bought was a '98 F-150 Lariat SuperCab, which was just a little under $20K as I remember it. The '99s had come out but were a few grand more, so he bought the '98 instead, leather bucket seats, 6-disc changer, decent carpet. I think the '97+ Ford trucks were about when the days of the "no frills" trucks went by the wayside.

Comment

yeah....and i'm still paying $20k-$30k UNDER what a new f150 lariat sticker price is right now...
                                                                        and i can't get the big v8 that i want......u get the scrawny 3.7L v6
                                                                        Yup. People are crazy. I just have such a hard time seeing the value there. For the most part, the new trucks don't do much of anything remarkably better than my '08 did. At least the '14 you picked up has a slightly bigger cab than mine did, and probably a few hundred pounds more payload/towing capacity.

Comment

Barely. First truck I remember going with my father to buy was a 1990 F-150 Lariat SuperCab. Front cloth split bench, rear vinyl. Two tone silver and black. Sharp truck. Next truck he bought was a '98 F-150 Lariat SuperCab, which was just a little under $20K as I remember it. The '99s had come out but were a few grand more, so he bought the '98 instead, leather bucket seats, 6-disc changer, decent carpet. I think the '97+ Ford trucks were about when the days of the "no frills" trucks went by the wayside.
                                                                          When I was a kid my dad drove a Chevy Cheyenne that was no frills. I believe double cabs came about in the late 80s or early 90s but they were mainly driven by people hauling horse trailers. 97 was the year they produced the old style f150 and the new droopy nose f150 at the same time. My dad bought the new one with the third door which wasn't really a door.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Are you having Sly pick it up and deliver it to you?
                                                                            I don't haul for cheapskates.

Not sure why our boy wants a 6.2, but more power to him. I had it in my Raptor, and it was a gas guzzling turd. The 5.0 V-8 is a far superior engine for a small pickup. Plus, the 5.0 is reliable as hell. I've had several (and a couple of my sons have them now) with well over 200K miles and still running like new. Get better than 20mpg on the highway. I wouldn't own a v-6 in a pickup unless it was a small or mid-size. My brother has one, and empty cruising it gets about 26 mpg. With a load? Worse than the 6.2.

Ford has a good, reliable V-6 now (took a while), but I'm out on them.

Comment

When I was a kid my dad drove a Chevy Cheyenne that was no frills. I believe double cabs came about in the late 80s or early 90s but they were mainly driven by people hauling horse trailers. 97 was the year they produced the old style f150 and the new droopy nose f150 at the same time. My dad bought the new one with the third door which wasn't really a door.
                                                                              Yup, the '98 had the 3rd door as well. In '99, the Supercabs had 4 "doors" so you didn't have to exit on the passenger side, but it was still the clamshell design that they use today on SuperCabs. I believe the SuperCrew debuted around 2000 with 4 full size doors, and it's been the number one seller by far.

Comment

Seth Wadleys in Perry was advertising they had new trucks in stock so I went on line to check them out. They were all over $100K and there was no mention of the MSRP. I guess they don’t want to mention that

Comment

Seth Wadleys in Perry was advertising they had new trucks in stock so I went on line to check them out. They were all over $100K and there was no mention of the MSRP. I guess they don’t want to mention that
                                                                                  Don't be poor.

Comment

Don't be poor.
                                                                                    Most of them were fat boy trucks. F250 and 350s.

Comment

Most of them were fat boy trucks. F250 and 350s.
                                                                                      You mean man trucks?

They're selling the shit out of those things too. Taking another one to Livingston, TX, tomorrow.

Comment

In stock and available are relative terms. Call and ask what they have available to drive off the lot today. Often, it's nothing. In stock, yes, but reserved for someone else who has paid a deposit. Available for reserving and will be here in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

In stock and available are relative terms. Call and ask what they have available to drive off the lot today. Often, it's nothing. In stock, yes, but reserved for someone else who has paid a deposit. Available for reserving and will be here in a couple of weeks.
                                                                                          Yeah. Once I saw the asking price I didn’t go any further. My truck is a 2017 so I can go a little longer and hope they get the inventory up and the prices down. Might not happen.

Comment

Yeah. Once I saw the asking price I didn’t go any further. My truck is a 2017 so I can go a little longer and hope they get the inventory up and the prices down. Might not happen.
                                                                                            Or the economy falls apart and they take anything that they can get for it.

Comment

Don't be poor.
                                                                                              I hadn't been south on I-35 for a while until a couple of weeks ago when I had to go to Ft. Worth.

Wasn't the Ford dealership on the north side of Purcell Seth Wadley? It is something else now. Zecks or something like that? When did it change?
                                                                                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

I hadn't been south on I-35 for a while until a couple of weeks ago when I had to go to Ft. Worth.

Wasn't the Ford dealership on the north side of Purcell Seth Wadley? It is something else now. Zecks or something like that? When did it change?
                                                                                                It was Patriot Ford. Before that it was Marc Heitz Ford. Seth was part owner of Heitz when he bought the tiny little Ford dealership in Pauls Valley on the main drag. He’s never slowed down or looked back.

Bought the Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler/Chevy/GMC store on I 35, then built the new Ford store on 35, then bought the Chevy store in Ada, then the Chevy store in Davis/Sulphur, then the Ford store in Perry, and finally the Chevy store in Perry. Not sure what’s next, but you can bet he ain’t done yet.

Comment

That’s an electric Avalanche

Comment

That little dealership has changed hands so many times over the last 10-12 years.

Comment

so after a ridiculous day of travel yesterday.....flights delayed by several hours because of the storms...i finally got to asheville last night about 11pm...
                                                                                                      picked up the truck this morning and rolled into my driveway about an hour ago...
                                                                                                      the truck is even better than i imagined.....absolute pristine condition...
                                                                                                      and no one told me until i got to the dealership this morning.....the truck has a dealer installed supercharger on it...a $7k dealer add-on
                                                                                                      the truck is an absolute beast......they said it's basically the same engine as the shelby mustang.....haven't checked that out yet...
                                                                                                      and the gas mileage wasn't horrible either.....the trip computer says about 14.9 and that was running 80-85 mph after the traffic cleared up at little rock...
                                                                                                      it was running about 15.7 before that...
                                                                                                      the previous owner put every available option on it....22 inch tires....red brake calipers....carpeted bed....and yes...an old man camper...
                                                                                                      chrome everywhere.....sun roof....back up camera....the works..
                                                                                                      i''m not a fan of the stripes...so eventually i'll probably take a hair dryer/heat gun to those and peel them off...

edit: so after doing some research.....the roush supercharger kit bumps the horsepower from 411 to 590...
                                                                                                      enuf to pull the tongue right off my pontoon boat...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-3769.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.17 MB ID:	999660
                                                                                                      Last edited by theresonly187; 05-07-2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1