Announcement

Collapse

NEW POSTERS

POST REQUIREMENTS TO START A THREAD HAVE BEEN REMOVED TO ALLOW OUR TIGER GUESTS TO START THREADS. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR SPAMMERS.

See more
See less

Lawn Mowing Poll

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lawn Mowing Poll

    So my neighbor was mowing his suburban, housing addition yard last night.....at 10:30pm. Would you consider this to be odd or not odd? This is a scientific poll. Go.
    74
    Odd
    78.38%
    58
    Not Odd
    21.62%
    16

    #2
    It’s odd that anyone still mows their own yard. Don’t be poor!

    Comment


      #3
      I used to live down the street from a guy who would do that.
      Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

      Comment


        #4
        go throw some of those big snap pops out in his yard

        Comment


          #5
          My neighbor waits until at least 9pm to mow. I don't know how he can see to finish the job.

          Comment


            #6
            So far, only Bounce is incorrect.

            Comment


              #7
              Need more information. Does neighbor work odd hours where mowing at normal times isn't possible?

              Comment


                #8
                Is this your neighbor?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Well choke my chicken....

                  Comment


                    #10
                    You've mowed in the sun before? Not odd at all.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      OKC>Tulsa

                      https://oklahoman.com/article/360023...-oklahoma-city

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I can understand why some might consider it. For one thing it's cooler at night. For another maybe someone's work schedule dictates. But it is odd.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
                          Need more information. Does neighbor work odd hours where mowing at normal times isn't possible?
                          No, works office hours. He also has a buttload of kids but only he or the Mrs ever do the yard work.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Snickerfritz View Post
                            You've mowed in the sun before? Not odd at all.
                            Yes, I have and it sucks, but that's part of life in the summertime. Not odd to mow in the pitch dark? I'm not sure how he was doing that but he was. He just has a regular push mower and he was emptying the bagged clippings when full.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

                              No, works office hours. He also has a buttload of kids but only he or the Mrs ever do the yard work.
                              Pics of Mrs?

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Sooner Sam View Post

                                Pics of Mrs?
                                You wouldn't be interested.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Now there are 5 doomases. 6 if you count the mower but he probably didn't vote. WTF?

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Weirdo.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by Ribby View Post
                                      Weirdo.
                                      Mods, please fix Rib's vote. Thx.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Maybe I'm odd, but I've always mowed after the morning dew evaporates. Sometimes that is in the heat of the afternoon.

                                        That is about the only time you will catch me drinking a Bud Light. 2 pm on a 95 degree Saturday or Sunday afternoon after mowing.

                                        Either that or on the lake after water skiing.

                                        The mowers on the golf course start before dawn, but they have professional equipment that has headlights.

                                        Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Is your neighbor an albino by chance?

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Gas or battery operated? I switched to battery operated this year and changed my mowing time to a lot sooner than normal. It is really quiet...sounds like a fan, no complaints from the neighbors.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              I had an attorney that lived down the block from me that used to push mow his lawn while wearing a button up dress shirt, slacks and dress shoes. He did it for years at all hours of daylight. I give him credit for not being above it all but damn, buy some work clothes. At least he took off his coat and tie.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by BoomerSooner33 View Post
                                                Gas or battery operated? I switched to battery operated this year and changed my mowing time to a lot sooner than normal. It is really quiet...sounds like a fan, no complaints from the neighbors.
                                                Gas. I wasnt bothered by the noise, it just seemed really weird to be mowing that late, that long after dark.

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

                                                  Gas. I wasnt bothered by the noise, it just seemed really weird to be mowing that late, that long after dark.
                                                  Probably has an old lady that starts to get a little mouthy around 10:15 pm.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post
                                                    Is your neighbor an albino by chance?
                                                    or a vampire?

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                      Maybe I'm odd, but I've always mowed after the morning dew evaporates. Sometimes that is in the heat of the afternoon.

                                                      That is about the only time you will catch me drinking a Bud Light. 2 pm on a 95 degree Saturday or Sunday afternoon after mowing.

                                                      Either that or on the lake after water skiing.

                                                      The mowers on the golf course start before dawn, but they have professional equipment that has headlights.
                                                      Bud Light? Fucking plebe. Make yourself a shandy or radler. Hell, even a Landshark is better for post-mowing refreshment.

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        Originally posted by BoomerSooner33 View Post
                                                        Gas or battery operated? I switched to battery operated this year and changed my mowing time to a lot sooner than normal. It is really quiet...sounds like a fan, no complaints from the neighbors.
                                                        That’s really the only way I’d find it acceptable. I wouldn’t be happy if my neighbor fired up a lawnmower or weed eater during the hours of darkness.

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Originally posted by BoomerSooner33 View Post

                                                          Probably has an old lady that starts to get a little mouthy around 10:15 pm.
                                                          That’s why titty bars were invented, not mowing the yard.

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post
                                                            I had an attorney that lived down the block from me that used to push mow his lawn while wearing a button up dress shirt, slacks and dress shoes. He did it for years at all hours of daylight. I give him credit for not being above it all but damn, buy some work clothes. At least he took off his coat and tie.
                                                            I once knew a guy like that. He'd get up on a weekend and dress like he was going to work.He might lose the coat sometime during the day but he always had on the tie. Strange people.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post
                                                              I had an attorney that lived down the block from me that used to push mow his lawn while wearing a button up dress shirt, slacks and dress shoes. He did it for years at all hours of daylight. I give him credit for not being above it all but damn, buy some work clothes. At least he took off his coat and tie.
                                                              Originally posted by tennsooner View Post

                                                              I once knew a guy like that. He'd get up on a weekend and dress like he was going to work.He might lose the coat sometime during the day but he always had on the tie. Strange people.
                                                              you've both since moved, right?!

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post
                                                                I had an attorney that lived down the block from me that used to push mow his lawn while wearing a button up dress shirt, slacks and dress shoes. He did it for years at all hours of daylight. I give him credit for not being above it all but damn, buy some work clothes. At least he took off his coat and tie.
                                                                Had a neighbor that did that too.

                                                                Have any of you ever had a neighbor that was so proud of his toys, and so bored with his life, that he would edge and mow all the yards around him? I have.

                                                                On the one hand, I didn't mind him doing my work for me for free, but on the other hand he never did it at a time that was convenient for me to go clean up all the residue from the edging.
                                                                Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

                                                                  Had a neighbor that did that, too.
                                                                  That's really weird. Did he also use a self-propelled push mower?

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    Wait, are we talking "Mike Gundy mowing his lawn in his church clothes" crazy, or "Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down'" crazy?
                                                                    Either could seriously lower your property value.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35
                                                                      Originally posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post

                                                                      That's really weird. Did he also use a self-propelled push mower?
                                                                      Yep
                                                                      Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        Must be an Aggie...everybody else pays for a service.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          Let's all give the guy some slack here. Most likely his wife pissed him off and he needed to blow off steam doing something right then and there....like mowing at night.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post
                                                                            Let's all give the guy some slack here. Most likely his wife pissed him off and he needed to blow off steam doing something right then and there....like mowing at night.
                                                                            or maybe it was his neighbor that pissed him off so to get even he gets the mower out at 10:30

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              Used to have a neighbor who mowed his lawn that late, every week on Tuesday nights. He had 2 really bright lights he'd turn on to mow, weed eat, then edge his lawn. Usually took him an entire hour.

                                                                              I was glad when he sold his house. Nice guy but I enjoy beauty rest on work nights.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post
                                                                                Let's all give the guy some slack here. Most likely his wife pissed him off and he needed to blow off steam doing something right then and there....like mowing at night.
                                                                                He should have taken her and her side of the family to Toontown and then worked out any differences they had.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Sooner Sam View Post

                                                                                  He should have taken her and her side of the family to Toontown and then worked out any differences they had.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    As a professional lawn jockey I can say that this is 100% odd. If he was starting at dusk maybe it’s not as big of deal, but pitch black is a different ballgame. And he needs to get those damn kids out there and do it. God forbid they get off of a tablet or Xbox and actually do something. Lazy shits

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      I hate the mfers who mow before 7 on the weekend

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Pdawg88 View Post
                                                                                        As a professional lawn jockey I can say that this is 100% odd. If he was starting at dusk maybe it’s not as big of deal, but pitch black is a different ballgame. And he needs to get those damn kids out there and do it. God forbid they get off of a tablet or Xbox and actually do something. Lazy shits
                                                                                        Now we're talkin'.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by BillySimsAfro View Post
                                                                                          I hate the mfers who mow before 7 on the weekend
                                                                                          Who does that?
                                                                                          Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            Check his hard drive, he's got bodies buried in the back yard..

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              Next time he fires up his mower at an odd hour, run out and start edging or weed eating his lawn with him.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                Neighbors? You have neighbors? Is that a disease?

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by BoomerSooner33 View Post
                                                                                                  Gas or battery operated? I switched to battery operated this year and changed my mowing time to a lot sooner than normal. It is really quiet...sounds like a fan, no complaints from the neighbors.
                                                                                                  I'm thinking about getting a battery powered mower from Lowe's. But it's still odd to mow late at night. I like the morning approach as well.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by OUwasp View Post

                                                                                                    I'm thinking about getting a battery powered mower from Lowe's. But it's still odd to mow late at night. I like the morning approach as well.
                                                                                                    I ended up getting a Ryobi self-propelled w/5 AH battery from Home Depot. Ended up buying the blower as well because it came with a 4 AH. It is nice to not have to deal with gas and it folds up nicely to save space.

                                                                                                    Home Depot seems to be they way to go for buying outdoor power equipment and tools. Milwaukee, Rigid, and Ryobi always have nice deals and you can typically get better deals on Dewalt stuff at the Depot.

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Go To Top

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1