First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

I always got a chuckle out of the folks taking their surfboards to the beach in South Florida when the “surf” could be measured with a 12” ruler.
    Not "south" Florida, but the surf at Cocoa and Daytona and through there can get pretty gnarly dude. Especially when there's a hurricane off shore.

Comment

Weekly splurge meal this morning. Met the wife at Tiffany's, and it did not disappoint. I don't think I'll be hungry again for a week. It's pretty cool that two of the better restaurants in Oklahoma are right across the street from each other in Noble, USA. Kendall's and Tiffany's.

Sausage, jalapeno and jack omelet, grits, biscuit the size of your fist and gravy. That biscuit is on a dinner plate. Wife had the ham, mushroom and jack omelet and hash browns.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

Not "south" Florida, but the surf at Cocoa and Daytona and through there can get pretty gnarly dude. Especially when there's a hurricane off shore.
        Eh, I’ve been to Cocoa Beach and gnarly is not how I would describe the surf. A hurricane is about the only time there are surfable waves in Florida.

Comment

Eh, I’ve been to Cocoa Beach and gnarly is not how I would describe the surf. A hurricane is about the only time there are surfable waves in Florida.
          I've been there with a hurricane off shore and gnarly is exactly how I would describe it. Also, the water is warm. I'd rather have low/average waves and warm water, but then again, I ain't a surfer boy. Just body surf/swim kinda guy.

Comment

Cocoa is a great place to learn to surf.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
              Watch out for the marshmallows though.

Comment

Major Nelson and Jeannie lived there

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner Sam View Post

Major Nelson and Jeannie lived there
                  We watched a couple space shuttle launches from Cocoa. No Jeannie though...dammit. She was hot.

Comment

Finally in the 70s so had to make some chili.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrokebackSooner View Post
                        Finally in the 70s so had to make some chili.

Happy birthday!

Comment

Funny, one of the greatest surfers of all time is from Cocoa Beach...he cut his teeth surfing Sebastian Inlet

Comment

My pops worked for Rockwell on the space shuttle for a few years and we were relocated to Titusville in ‘81 for about six month prior to the first launch and again in ‘82. He learned to surf with a bunch of the other Rockwell and nasa guys and Cocoa Beach. I learned to surf there too.
                            Order a few Ron Jon things for him now and then…

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post

My pops worked for Rockwell on the space shuttle for a few years and we were relocated to Titusville in ‘81 for about six month prior to the first launch and again in ‘82. He learned to surf with a bunch of the other Rockwell and nasa guys and Cocoa Beach. I learned to surf there too.
                              Order a few Ron Jon things for him now and then…
                              Born in Titusville. Grandpa worked on the Apillo and Space Shuttle missions. He retired right after launch of first shuttle. Died in 83. We moved to Okla about a year before he passed. Visited grandma every summer and wbey other Xmas til she passed in 99. Haven't been back since.

Comment

My neighbor called me a few days ago and asked me to look for a deer his wife shot with a bow. He said they call him "crab claw" cause one side of his rack is a lot bigger than the other. Anyhow, ol' crab claw kicked the bucket and Winky found his carcass. It's amazing how quickly a full grown deer can be devoured out in the country. She brought it up, ate all the neck/facial bones (she let dooders have some neck bone) and all that's left is the skull cap and antlers. This is one reason why I quit bow hunting. Fuckers just don't go down unless you blow the heart and lungs, and they die a painful death laying out in the woods somewhere where their carcass is found by dogs and coyotes and shit. Anyhow...Winky was pretty damn proud of herself.

Comment

Fall football on the coast…

Comment

My neighbor called me a few days ago and asked me to look for a deer his wife shot with a bow. He said they call him "crab claw" cause one side of his rack is a lot bigger than the other. Anyhow, ol' crab claw kicked the bucket and Winky found his carcass. It's amazing how quickly a full grown deer can be devoured out in the country. She brought it up, ate all the neck/facial bones (she let dooders have some neck bone) and all that's left is the skull cap and antlers. This is one reason why I quit bow hunting. Fuckers just don't go down unless you blow the heart and lungs, and they die a painful death laying out in the woods somewhere where their carcass is found by dogs and coyotes and shit. Anyhow...Winky was pretty damn proud of herself.

Bubbers found an antler "tip"... a TIP (prolly six inches), and chewed it for three weeks. He's a heavy chewer. We bought him another one at Petco, and he chewed on it for about two hours. It now sits in the "disinterested" pile of toys. We think they key is- it has to be recently discarded / "almost alive." That rack^ would buy us weeks of peace. He's the most spoiled dog I've ever even heard of. The adoption agency told my GF, "no negative reinforcement... ever / no physical discipline." I said, "that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard." Sure enough, we have a sweet, sweet spoiled rotten doog that must be kept company 24/7/365, or go to doggie daycare, where he behaves like an angel. He sleeps under the covers with us (or just her), but would happily murder a jogger "in his territory." (there's a bike path right on the other side of the creek behind her house) I love him, but god damn.
                                    BoomerSooner2578
                                    No more turning away
                                    Last edited by BoomerSooner2578; 11-05-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post

Bubbers found an antler "tip"... a TIP (prolly six inches), and chewed it for three weeks. He's a heavy chewer. We bought him another one at Petco, and he chewed on it for about two hours. It now sits in the "disinterested" pile of toys. We think they key is- it has to be recently discarded / "almost alive." That rack^ would buy us weeks of peace. He's the most spoiled dog I've ever even heard of. The adoption agency told my GF, "no negative reinforcement... ever / no physical discipline." I said, "that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard." Sure enough, we have a sweet, sweet spoiled rotten doog that must be kept company 24/7/365, or go to doggie daycare, where he behaves like an angel. He sleeps under the covers with us (or just her), but would happily murder a jogger "in his territory." (there's a bike path right on the other side of the creek behind her house) I love him, but god damn.
                                      They're social. Sounds like Bubbers needs a buddy.

Comment

They're social. Sounds like Bubbers needs a buddy.
                                        Remember her big-ass cat I posted? That's his only buddy. She hates him for no reason. Won't let him near her, and it's been two years and four months.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post

Remember her big-ass cat I posted? That's his only buddy. She hates him for no reason. Won't let him near her, and it's been two years and four months.
                                          Typical bitch

Comment

Typical bitch
                                            Worst cat I've ever met. I had modified her behavior before Bubbers was brought in, and it was all for nothing. She was massively improved for one month. Now, she's a recluse, but less violent. Dog hasn't done shit to her, ever. He realizes she's "family." Bubs was two months old when he moved in with that monster cat. All he does now is help her fat ass out, like when she's trying to get to the top of the cat condo (the perch), he'll nose her ass end up to assist her. That's the only contact she'll allow.

I really need to post some Bubbers pics in the pet pic thread. You'll all get a kick out of him.

Comment

I know, only olds and youngs with little ones go to Branson, but we've been enjoying the shit out of it.

Wife and I went back to Branson last Thursday and spent a few days RVing it at the RV park we bought into. Had a blast. Just got home. Did Talking Rocks Cave (stretched my claustrophobia issues pretty dang far, but hung tough), trolled Branson Landing and did the Zipline there and bought a bunch of Scotch Bonnet and Habanero pepper sauces at the hot shit store there, and spent an entire day up at Top of the Rock, which I highly recommend. Did the golf cart deal, then stayed for dinner. It wasn't cheap (about $200 with only one entree and a salad and appetizer), but it was damn good.

A few pics from the weekend. First, the cave:

You had to go through little narrow spaces, water dripping, down, down, down...shit freaks me out, but anyhow, some pics from a hundred or 3 feet below ground. Very beautiful, and fairly physical climb down and back out.

Next, the self-paced, do it yourself golf cart ride around Top of the Rock. Stop when you feel like it, get drinks in the bat cave (I didn't get pics of it, but it was cool). Very well done.

Then, at sunset they have a bagpiper play a medley that included America The Beautiful, all of the military hymns, then a Civil War era cannon fires by the chapel. After that, the bagpiper plays Amazing Grace. I ain't gonna lie, I cried like a little bitch. Very moving and spiritual.

Life is short, get out and enjoy it.

Comment

How come you're the only one in those pics getting older?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubblehead View Post
                                                  How come you're the only one in those pics getting older?
                                                  Right? But loving every minute of it.

Comment

Right? But loving every minute of it.
                                                    I didn't know you could play the bagpipes. Right on.

Comment

If you don’t feel something when amazing grace is played on bagpipes, there’s something wrong with you. We have one of the best pipe and drums in the country. When you can hear them coming in for a LODD funeral and those bagpipes are humming it is as near a spiritual experiences as one may never find

Comment

If you don’t feel something when amazing grace is played on bagpipes, there’s something wrong with you. We have one of the best pipe and drums in the country. When you can hear them coming in for a LODD funeral and those bagpipes are humming it is as near a spiritual experiences as one may never find
                                                        We’re Merikans SoCal!!!

Comment

A bit ago when I got home. I love fall evenings. A cocktail on the patio, surrounded by beauty.

Comment

A bit ago when I got home. I love fall evenings. A cocktail on the patio, surrounded by beauty.

I took the exact same picture Sunday night. Didn't like the way it turned out. Couldn't get the crescent moon in total focus.
                                                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

I took the exact same picture Sunday night. Didn't like the way it turned out. Couldn't get the crescent moon in total focus.
                                                              Same. Very cool visual though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Just JK View Post

So the foreground is the atrium of the restaurant. The bubble is the protective barrier when you're seated at your table. And the bolt is rona looking for trouble and having to pull up last minute cause you're seated at your table.

Comment

Originally posted by boomersooner52 View Post

So the foreground is the atrium of the restaurant. The bubble is the protective barrier when you're seated at your table. And the bolt is rona looking for trouble and having to pull up last minute cause you're seated at your table.
                                                                    You are truly eat up with it.

Comment

You are truly eat up with it.
                                                                      Or you could just laugh and move on with your day. Or ignore it if you don't find it humorous.

Comment

Some Redbreast 12 fireside…

Comment

I made a thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EF41DAA4-CF92-4471-893F-EEB768BEA1D2.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	886287

Comment

worlds tallest Christmas tree....right here in enid...

Comment

Had a great dinner….kids are amped to go snowboarding tomorrow

Comment

Had a great dinner….kids are amped to go snowboarding tomorrow
                                                                                Fake snow? Didn't know they had any real snow yet.

Comment

Looks real…

Comment

Ours is late this year. I got about 5'' on Wednesday but it is spotty in Colorado. La Niña I hear.

Comment

Ours is late this year. I got about 5'' on Wednesday but it is spotty in Colorado. La Niña I hear.
                                                                                      Where in CO do you live?

Comment

Yeah, I drive all up through there and other than a bit in Wyoming, nada. I ain't bitching mind you since I don't play in the snow anymore.

Comment

We got it early around Halloween and a little more a couple weeks ago. Our cabin in shaver sleeps between 16-20. We kicked around selling it and actually listed it but never pulled the trigger. We even stopped renting it out but the property management company we used kept telling us the demand was soaring for rentals. We have it rented out from the first week of November until mid February. The closest snowboarding/skiing is in China Peak about 45 minutes up the mountain.

With schedules and siblings in-laws, it’s harder to get the whole fambly together for thanksgiving or Christmas. We opted to do a condo in Mammoth so the kids could snowboard this trip with the mountain about five minutes away. Planning on a week before Christmas return if we get more snow.

​​​​​​​​

Comment

We got it early around Halloween and a little more a couple weeks ago. Our cabin in shaver sleeps between 16-20. We kicked around selling it and actually listed it but never pulled the trigger. We even stopped renting it out but the property management company we used kept telling us the demand was soaring for rentals. We have it rented out from the first week of November until mid February. The closest snowboarding/skiing is in China Peak about 45 minutes up the mountain.

With schedules and siblings in-laws, it’s harder to get the whole fambly together for thanksgiving or Christmas. We opted to do a condo in Mammoth so the kids could snowboard this trip with the mountain about five minutes away. Planning on a week before Christmas return if we get more snow.

Do they let the snowboarders and the skiers co-mingle on the same hills/lifts there? When I quit skiing snowboards were just becoming popular and they were like jet skis at the lake. We called them cockroaches. Always in the way, no damn manners, etc. Now I guess it's all the rage and they're everywhere?

That nice groomed snow makes me want to make a high speed pass. I miss it, and you should enjoy the shit out of these years you're going through now. Those kids will be gone before you know it, and your knees/back/shoulders/etc. will eventually make it unbearable to do it, but do it as long as you can. I can still ski, but getting up after crashing is mucho tough on my fat ass. And if you're not pushing it hard enough to crash every so often, you ain't having fun.

What are lift tickets running these days? I remember when Beaver Creek went up to $20 everyone was bitching. The last time I skied there I think they were $75, and that was a while back.

Comment

Do they let the snowboarders and the skiers co-mingle on the same hills/lifts there? When I quit skiing snowboards were just becoming popular and they were like jet skis at the lake. We called them cockroaches. Always in the way, no damn manners, etc. Now I guess it's all the rage and they're everywhere?

That nice groomed snow makes me want to make a high speed pass. I miss it, and you should enjoy the shit out of these years you're going through now. Those kids will be gone before you know it, and your knees/back/shoulders/etc. will eventually make it unbearable to do it, but do it as long as you can. I can still ski, but getting up after crashing is mucho tough on my fat ass. And if you're not pushing it hard enough to crash every so often, you ain't having fun.

What are lift tickets running these days? I remember when Beaver Creek went up to $20 everyone was bitching. The last time I skied there I think they were $75, and that was a while back.
                                                                                              It’s probably 70% snowboard to 30% ski. Everyone always seems to get along. I was a skier til I hit about 35. Snowboard boots are much more comfortable, board is a lot better in the back and knees and my kids grew up surfing so they caught on quick. Not sure what a lift ticket is, my wife just buys the icon season pass. We’ve made just one or two trips to Utah and Colorado because previously it was a little hard for me to get away for an extended period of time but now we’re looking at maybe doing something in Canada. My daughter does club volleyball year round and my son does baseball year round but we might start traveling more before he gets into the FD explorer program…

Comment

It’s probably 70% snowboard to 30% ski. Everyone always seems to get along. I was a skier til I hit about 35. Snowboard boots are much more comfortable, board is a lot better in the back and knees and my kids grew up surfing so they caught on quick. Not sure what a lift ticket is, my wife just buys the icon season pass. We’ve made just one or two trips to Utah and Colorado because previously it was a little hard for me to get away for an extended period of time but now we’re looking at maybe doing something in Canada. My daughter does club volleyball year round and my son does baseball year round but we might start traveling more before he gets into the FD explorer program…
                                                                                                Cool. The boot deal would get me sold. Ski boots when tightened down enough to be effective are so uncomfortable they're almost unbearable. I loosened mine after every run while riding the lifts. They also put a ton of pressure on your knees.

I skied at Banff in Alberta one year and it was awesome, but colder than fuck. That's what's nice about Spring skiing in Colorado. I've skied in a T-shirt, and a lot of snow bunnies were skiing in bikinis and shit. I'm sure Cali skiing is like that too. When it's below about 20 degrees it ain't a lot of fun.

Comment

Love the shirt your son is wearing. Where can I get one?
                                                                                                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by GSA View Post

Where in CO do you live?
                                                                                                    Teller County, West of Springs

Comment

Went down by the river today to ride. Had a blast. Beautiful weather. Then watched another ho hum world class sunset from the hot tub.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1