Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Handgun Thread!

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post

    My extended mags came in, loaded them up, and immediately google searched the same loader to go pick up at a local shop.
    Read the instructions. That's all I'm gonna say. I didn't, and damn near broke the thing before I got it figured out. Also, don't force the magazine in. The rollers on the sides adjust, and once you have your mag locked in place? You can load it as fast as your hands will pick up a bullet, stick it in, and pull the handle.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Bubblehead View Post
      maybe load in 10 seconds but needs to be adjusted first so that adds time outside of the actual mag-load.

      still, looks like a nice friend to have at the range.

      After playing with it and loading several mags, the set up is done in seconds also. I loaded .40s and .45s, both single and double stack. Adjust the rollers, stick in the mag, tighten it down, and load.

      I never go to a range (as you know), but this baby will be with me on the back patio every time I kill trees in the future.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

        After playing with it and loading several mags, the set up is done in seconds also. I loaded .40s and .45s, both single and double stack. Adjust the rollers, stick in the mag, tighten it down, and load.

        I never go to a range (as you know), but this baby will be with me on the back patio every time I kill trees in the future.
        and armadillos

        Comment




          .

          Comment


            Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post


            .
            Specs?

            Comment


              Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

              Specs?
              Palmetto State Armory AR-V pistol, takes CZ Scorpion Evo mags.

              This one came with an 8” barrel and an SBA3 brace that I switched to the SBPDW brace that I chopped.

              Comment


                Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

                Palmetto State Armory AR-V pistol, takes CZ Scorpion Evo mags.

                This one came with an 8” barrel and an SBA3 brace that I switched to the SBPDW brace that I chopped.
                Gosh, I love PSA

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Section31 View Post

                  Gosh, I love PSA
                  When your number one goal is to arm as many Americans as possible, yeah, that’s something that I can get behind.

                  Comment


                    Went to Woodland Sports in Tulsa today. Apparently silencers are their game and do a shitton of business for that.

                    Im thinking about suppressing my 300 blackout and I’ll probably use them.

                    Comment


                      Today I inherited my grandfather’s pistol. After WWII he went back home to Arizona and became a police officer. He was a railroad detective for Santa Fe, a cop for the city of Flagstaff, and BIA cop on the Navajo Reservation. He loved nothing more than busting bootleggers on the rez.





                      Last edited by bushmaster06; 01-11-2022, 10:13 PM.

                      Comment


                        Since I have moved back to OK, I want to get my Oklahoma Carry permit. There is a required Oklahoma Self-Defense Act firearms safety and training course/certificate. So, where in the Edmond/Guthrie area can I get this training and certificate, that you would recommend??

                        (When I lived in Illinois, I had the required Firearms Owner ID card - needed to purchase ammo. Then, when Illinois finally allowed concealed carry, I was in the first group of Illinois gun owners to obtain an Illinois Conceal Carry Permit back in early 2014. That same year, I picked up a Florida non-resident permit. After moving to Indiana, I got my lifetime Indiana Carry Permit. Now I need to get the Oklahoma permit, so I can legally carry in reciprocal states.)

                        Thanks for your help!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Slobber View Post
                          Since I have moved back to OK, I want to get my Oklahoma Carry permit. There is a required Oklahoma Self-Defense Act firearms safety and training course/certificate. So, where in the Edmond/Guthrie area can I get this training and certificate, that you would recommend??

                          (When I lived in Illinois, I had the required Firearms Owner ID card - needed to purchase ammo. Then, when Illinois finally allowed concealed carry, I was in the first group of Illinois gun owners to obtain an Illinois Conceal Carry Permit back in early 2014. That same year, I picked up a Florida non-resident permit. After moving to Indiana, I got my lifetime Indiana Carry Permit. Now I need to get the Oklahoma permit, so I can legally carry in reciprocal states.)

                          Thanks for your help!
                          Most ranges offer the class.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post
                            Today I inherited my grandfather’s pistol. After WWII he went back home to Arizona and became a police officer. He was a railroad detective for Santa Fe, a cop for the city of Flagstaff, and BIA cop on the Navajo Reservation. He loved nothing more than busting bootleggers on the rez.





                            Sweet.

                            Make sure the shadowbox has hinges so you can cuddle that one.

                            We had a Colt Detetive Special we dated to 1929 that had belong to my Grandfathers best friend, an LAPD Detetctive. Al gave it to my grandfather when he returned from WWII. Actually had the trigger guard ground off for the point and shoot technique. When my dad became a Ventura cop, his dad gave it to him as a back up. I git it when I was went to work for Customs. Loaned it to a BIL who got it stolen (of course).

                            Still have a break open Iver Johnson .32 from the same era.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

                              Sweet.

                              Make sure the shadowbox has hinges so you can cuddle that one.

                              We had a Colt Detetive Special we dated to 1929 that had belong to my Grandfathers best friend, an LAPD Detetctive. Al gave it to my grandfather when he returned from WWII. Actually had the trigger guard ground off for the point and shoot technique. When my dad became a Ventura cop, his dad gave it to him as a back up. I git it when I was went to work for Customs. Loaned it to a BIL who got it stolen (of course).

                              Still have a break open Iver Johnson .32 from the same era.
                              Do you remember if the hammer spur was also cut off? Cutting the trigger guard and hammer spur off is called a Fitz Special.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

                                Do you remember if the hammer spur was also cut off? Cutting the trigger guard and hammer spur off is called a Fitz Special.
                                It wasn't.

                                My dad said it was for "point and shoot"

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

                                  Sweet.

                                  Make sure the shadowbox has hinges so you can cuddle that one.

                                  We had a Colt Detetive Special we dated to 1929 that had belong to my Grandfathers best friend, an LAPD Detetctive. Al gave it to my grandfather when he returned from WWII. Actually had the trigger guard ground off for the point and shoot technique. When my dad became a Ventura cop, his dad gave it to him as a back up. I git it when I was went to work for Customs. Loaned it to a BIL who got it stolen (of course).

                                  Still have a break open Iver Johnson .32 from the same era.
                                  As far as the shadow box goes, I was actually thinking about getting a nice leather holster made for it and carrying it occasionally.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post
                                    As far as the shadow box goes, I was actually thinking about getting a nice leather holster made for it and carrying it occasionally.
                                    I have a 1963 .25 Baby Browning from my FIL.

                                    Awesome little "get them up off me" gun. Scared to death of losing it.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

                                      Sweet.

                                      Make sure the shadowbox has hinges so you can cuddle that one.

                                      We had a Colt Detetive Special we dated to 1929 that had belong to my Grandfathers best friend, an LAPD Detetctive. Al gave it to my grandfather when he returned from WWII. Actually had the trigger guard ground off for the point and shoot technique. When my dad became a Ventura cop, his dad gave it to him as a back up. I git it when I was went to work for Customs. Loaned it to a BIL who got it stolen (of course).

                                      Still have a break open Iver Johnson .32 from the same era.
                                      I've got one of those old Iver Johnson pistols too. Kinda funny story... my dad gave it to me, telling me it belonged to my great-great grandfather who took it with him with Teddy Roosevelt and the rough riders up the San Juan Hill to fight the Cubans during the Spanish-American War.

                                      I'm like, wow, what a cool story. So, the pistol is filthy, cant even see through the barrel. I take it home clean it up, and start looking for the serial numbers on the internet. Turns out the gun was built in 1904, about 5 or 6 years after the war.

                                      Next time I see dad, I have to tell him, you're great grandpa may have went up the San Juan hill and fought the Cubans with Teddy Roosevelt and the rough riders, but he didn't take this pistol with him.

                                      Nearly broke his heart. Still a cool old pistol though.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by the-rover View Post

                                        I've got one of those old Iver Johnson pistols too. Kinda funny story... my dad gave it to me, telling me it belonged to my great-great grandfather who took it with him with Teddy Roosevelt and the rough riders up the San Juan Hill to fight the Cubans during the Spanish-American War.

                                        I'm like, wow, what a cool story. So, the pistol is filthy, cant even see through the barrel. I take it home clean it up, and start looking for the serial numbers on the internet. Turns out the gun was built in 1904, about 5 or 6 years after the war.

                                        Next time I see dad, I have to tell him, you're great grandpa may have went up the San Juan hill and fought the Cubans with Teddy Roosevelt and the rough riders, but he didn't take this pistol with him.

                                        Nearly broke his heart. Still a cool old pistol though.
                                        Great history. The company too from what I had read. Made bicycles and motorcycles, had the original Mr. Mossberg work for them and so on. Not sure I would put a live round through it.

                                        I will tell you this on the .32. When you could not find ammo for shit, I still found .32 was plentiful. Read the .32 used ro be what the 9mm is today for LE and civilian. John Browning (of course) developed send introduced it.

                                        I came across a little Beretta Tomcat .32 (Model 3032 Inox) with a tip up barrel to load a single round (7+1). It was basically free and I was tired of worrying about my beloved Colt Mustang .380 getting stolen, so I bought a box or two and kept it. even though I am restricting the number of calibers I have. What an awesome little pistol! Accurate to 25 yards with a punch. I kept it and low and behold, scooped up a ton of .32 ammo.

                                        About a year later, I picked up a Beretta Cheetah .32, Italian made, great shape. I think it holds 12 rounds. Bought it for $250 and it is worth around $500 today (TGV). I have them together with about 1,000 rounds in a travel bag.

                                        Reliable and effective enough to depend on and wouldn't be too emotionally upset if they got stolen.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

                                          Great history. The company too from what I had read. Made bicycles and motorcycles, had the original Mr. Mossberg work for them and so on. Not sure I would put a live round through it.

                                          I will tell you this on the .32. When you could not find ammo for shit, I still found .32 was plentiful. Read the .32 used ro be what the 9mm is today for LE and civilian. John Browning (of course) developed send introduced it.

                                          I came across a little Beretta Tomcat .32 (Model 3032 Inox) with a tip up barrel to load a single round (7+1). It was basically free and I was tired of worrying about my beloved Colt Mustang .380 getting stolen, so I bought a box or two and kept it. even though I am restricting the number of calibers I have. What an awesome little pistol! Accurate to 25 yards with a punch. I kept it and low and behold, scooped up a ton of .32 ammo.

                                          About a year later, I picked up a Beretta Cheetah .32, Italian made, great shape. I think it holds 12 rounds. Bought it for $250 and it is worth around $500 today (TGV). I have them together with about 1,000 rounds in a travel bag.

                                          Reliable and effective enough to depend on and wouldn't be too emotionally upset if they got stolen.
                                          Lol, I was able to pick up a couple boxes of 25ACP at Bass Pro during the peak of the "can't find any ammo anywhere" period. We were gifted a Saturday Night Special and wanted to see if it still worked. I wouldn't want to trust my life to 25ACP or this lead-weight of a pocket gun, but I suppose anything is better than nothing in a desperate situation.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by SoonerAviator View Post

                                            Lol, I was able to pick up a couple boxes of 25ACP at Bass Pro during the peak of the "can't find any ammo anywhere" period. We were gifted a Saturday Night Special and wanted to see if it still worked. I wouldn't want to trust my life to 25ACP or this lead-weight of a pocket gun, but I suppose anything is better than nothing in a desperate situation.
                                            I posted earlier that I have my FIL's 1963(?) Baby Browning .25.

                                            Damn thing is as solid as the day it was made.

                                            It isn't a .45 but at 10 yards, 7 rounds of .25 will do just fine.

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

                                              Great history. The company too from what I had read. Made bicycles and motorcycles, had the original Mr. Mossberg work for them and so on. Not sure I would put a live round through it.

                                              I will tell you this on the .32. When you could not find ammo for shit, I still found .32 was plentiful. Read the .32 used ro be what the 9mm is today for LE and civilian. John Browning (of course) developed send introduced it.

                                              I came across a little Beretta Tomcat .32 (Model 3032 Inox) with a tip up barrel to load a single round (7+1). It was basically free and I was tired of worrying about my beloved Colt Mustang .380 getting stolen, so I bought a box or two and kept it. even though I am restricting the number of calibers I have. What an awesome little pistol! Accurate to 25 yards with a punch. I kept it and low and behold, scooped up a ton of .32 ammo.

                                              About a year later, I picked up a Beretta Cheetah .32, Italian made, great shape. I think it holds 12 rounds. Bought it for $250 and it is worth around $500 today (TGV). I have them together with about 1,000 rounds in a travel bag.

                                              Reliable and effective enough to depend on and wouldn't be too emotionally upset if they got stolen.
                                              Yes, if you wanted to shoot the old IJ, you should probably load your own low powered round. Apparently the pistol had a widowmaker nickname because the breakover wasn't strong enough to hold when more powerful rounds were used.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by the-rover View Post

                                                Yes, if you wanted to shoot the old IJ, you should probably load your own low powered round. Apparently the pistol had a widowmaker nickname because the breakover wasn't strong enough to hold when more powerful rounds were used.
                                                I see nothing but a shadowbox in that things future.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

                                                  I see nothing but a shadowbox in that things future.
                                                  Nearly the same thing I have planned for mine, along with some other old items from the homestead the old man staked his claim to.

                                                  Comment




                                                    Original .357 Colt Python.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by the-rover View Post

                                                      I've got one of those old Iver Johnson pistols too. Kinda funny story... my dad gave it to me, telling me it belonged to my great-great grandfather who took it with him with Teddy Roosevelt and the rough riders up the San Juan Hill to fight the Cubans during the Spanish-American War.

                                                      I'm like, wow, what a cool story. So, the pistol is filthy, cant even see through the barrel. I take it home clean it up, and start looking for the serial numbers on the internet. Turns out the gun was built in 1904, about 5 or 6 years after the war.

                                                      Next time I see dad, I have to tell him, you're great grandpa may have went up the San Juan hill and fought the Cubans with Teddy Roosevelt and the rough riders, but he didn't take this pistol with him.

                                                      Nearly broke his heart.
                                                      I guess you never saw the end of the movie The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

                                                      Comment


                                                        I got it !

                                                        Traded the Saiga 12 for an original Python.

                                                        Already ordered some speed loaders and cases. I have numerous boxes of .357 and .38, but went ahead and picked up a box of higher graded 115 grain hot rounds.

                                                        Looking at a chest rig, but we will see. I nver had an issue drawing from a high rise open holster with the 4 inch S&W CS-1 but the holsters for the Python look really long.

                                                        It is in great shape, with some slight wear and tear. Anyone familiar with reblueing?

                                                        What about DLC ?

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                                          I got it !

                                                          Traded the Saiga 12 for an original Python.

                                                          Already ordered some speed loaders and cases. I have numerous boxes of .357 and .38, but went ahead and picked up a box of higher graded 115 grain hot rounds.

                                                          Looking at a chest rig, but we will see. I nver had an issue drawing from a high rise open holster with the 4 inch S&W CS-1 but the holsters for the Python look really long.

                                                          It is in great shape, with some slight wear and tear. Anyone familiar with reblueing?

                                                          What about DLC ?

                                                          If you refinish that gun you'll kill the value and you'll never get it blued like Colt used to do it anyway.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

                                                            If you refinish that gun you'll kill the value and you'll never get it blued like Colt used to do it anyway.
                                                            Sheeeet.

                                                            That is what I was afraid of.

                                                            I just wanted to get it reblued.

                                                            That will diminish value ?

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

                                                              Sheeeet.

                                                              That is what I was afraid of.

                                                              I just wanted to get it reblued.

                                                              That will diminish value ?
                                                              Absolutely. You traded for a shooter so you can’t really expect a collectible.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Shitbird View Post

                                                                I guess you never saw the end of the movie The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
                                                                Yeah, I've seen it... not exactly the same story.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by the-rover View Post

                                                                  Yeah, I've seen it... not exactly the same story.
                                                                  Of course it's not, just that when the legend differs from the truth, stick to the legend.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Shitbird View Post

                                                                    Of course it's not, just that when the legend differs from the truth, stick to the legend.
                                                                    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Going to give this a shot.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Walking through Walmart last night and noticed that they actually had some ammo in stock. I didn't look very closely, so I don't know what kinds, but at least the shelves weren't bare for the first time in a couple of years.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
                                                                          Walking through Walmart last night and noticed that they actually had some ammo in stock. I didn't look very closely, so I don't know what kinds, but at least the shelves weren't bare for the first time in a couple of years.
                                                                          yeah a couple weeks ago I was in Atwood's...they are fully stocked with ammo.....
                                                                          they had at least a dozen 500rd cases of 5.56...
                                                                          prices are definitely inflated

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                                                                            yeah a couple weeks ago I was in Atwood's...they are fully stocked with ammo.....
                                                                            they had at least a dozen 500rd cases of 5.56...
                                                                            prices are definitely inflated
                                                                            They are off the freaking charts

                                                                            I mean, I'm buying but I am not happy about it.


                                                                            Comment


                                                                              ​.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                                                                ​.
                                                                                I'll stick with my TX-22.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

                                                                                  I'll stick with my TX-22.
                                                                                  Taurus quality has come a long way over the years.

                                                                                  That said, I am picking up two more .22 cans. One is for the Walther PPK/S



                                                                                  And I want the other for the Sig

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

                                                                                    Taurus quality has come a long way over the years.

                                                                                    That said, I am picking up two more .22 cans. One is for the Walther PPK/S



                                                                                    And I want the other for the Sig
                                                                                    Which cans?

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

                                                                                      Which cans?
                                                                                      Some are built by Silencer Central

                                                                                      I have a Banish 22 for the FN 5.7 and Banish 45 for the .45(s) coming.

                                                                                      Working on a Salvo 12 Gauge, a Banish 223 and Banish 338

                                                                                      I like their product because they are modular and more versatile.


                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        bushmaster06

                                                                                        Why the TX over the Sig?

                                                                                        I have the ten round Walther and the Ruger 1022 rifle as the primary 22 platforms, but wanted a larger capacity mid or full size 22 as well.

                                                                                        *On Edit

                                                                                        Another option is an HK 416
                                                                                        Last edited by TheBoots; 04-16-2022, 01:54 PM.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                                                                          bushmaster06

                                                                                          Why the TX over the Sig?

                                                                                          I have the ten round Walther and the Ruger 1022 rifle as the primary 22 platforms, but wanted a larger capacity mid or full size 22 as well.

                                                                                          *On Edit

                                                                                          Another option is an HK 416
                                                                                          I already have the TX-22, mags are less expensive, gun was less expensive, came threaded. I’m sure there is nothing wrong with the Sig, but they like to use made in India MIM parts that break, they knowingly sold unsafe P320s.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            I like that sig, if I wanted another. 22 pistol, I'd consider it. I really like my Browning 1911-22 and the Ruger mark4. I'd get another 10-22 rifle though, maybe one of those break down models.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Just got through with about 300 rounds at the range. Still using the ammo I bought for about 30 cents a pop. Time for done alone time with some scented lotion.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                                                                                                Just got through with about 300 rounds at the range. Still using the ammo I bought for about 30 cents a pop. Time for done alone time with some scented lotion.
                                                                                                You could also try a bubble bath with some Dove chocolates.



                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

                                                                                                  You could also try a bubble bath with some Dove chocolates.


                                                                                                  Just lie back, close my eyes, and think if the times I popped off a clip as fast as I could. I’m such a Jason Bourne badass.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    BootsJr and I are in negotiations to buy this beauty

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Well, time for me to jump into this pool.....

                                                                                                      Aout a year ago my wife really wanted a gun and of course her requirements were stopping power that she could handle and it had to be "pretty." So we got her this:

                                                                                                      S&W SD9 VE 9mm



                                                                                                      We've taken it to the range a couple of times and it's been pretty fun, but with ammo costs we just don't use it as much as I'd like. Plus, this is my first experience owning a gun and would like something more cost effective for going to the range more and really getting acquainted with the gun and all the things entailed with taking care of it and whatnot. So, I've decided to buy this:

                                                                                                      Walther P22 LR



                                                                                                      I've shot the P22 before and liked it and figured it's a very cost effective "training wheels" gun to shoot a lot of rounds and really get familiar with a firearm. I've also been told it's a good option for that and it's a pretty reliable gun. Have I been steered in the right direction?

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Go To Top

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1