Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Weather Thread Vol. 3-Featuring SATP

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
    bring it on...I'm sick of this drought...
    You might see some improvement for awhile

    Comment


      Love how the forecast called for a blizzard, then severe storms, then heavy rain, and then as it is now there is still nothing. Gonna enjoy the 70 degree sunny weather tomorrow. Fucking worthless ass forecasters.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Harry Weenis View Post
        Love how the forecast called for a blizzard, then severe storms, then heavy rain, and then as it is now there is still nothing. Gonna enjoy the 70 degree sunny weather tomorrow. Fucking worthless ass forecasters.
        I never saw a forecast that called for a blizzard. It was always going to rain, with a severe storm possible, possibly followed by a dusting of snow depending on location. There was one model run a couple days ago that said snow, but no one put any stock in it. Just before I fell asleep around midnight there was some thunder before the rain moved in.

        Comment


          we have blizzard conditions here...near enid
          ok...not quite blizzard...but close..
          30-35 mph wind....24 degrees...7 degree wind chill....and light to medium snow

          Comment


            frustrating last night, kept watching the radar and rain kept forming about 20 miles to our east. we ended up with .01 in the rain gauge and now we have blowing snow, don't think anything falling because can see clear sky's straight up but you can't hardly see across the street as hard as it is drifting right now. had to shovel my parking lot off this morning just as a guess maybe an inch of snow or slightly more, good thing unlike the powdery stuff in the last snow this is a wet sloppy one bad news is the wind is blowing it across the roads instead of laying on the pastures and fields.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Harry Weenis View Post
              Love how the forecast called for a blizzard, then severe storms, then heavy rain, and then as it is now there is still nothing. Gonna enjoy the 70 degree sunny weather tomorrow. Fucking worthless ass forecasters.
              There was never a forecasted official Blizzard warning or watch but there are ongoing Blizzard like conditions in parts of the state which is what they actually said would occur. Love how you aways throw shade but are always just as wrong yourself. LOL

              We did receive .90 of an inch of much needed rain in Norman

              Comment


                Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                we have blizzard conditions here...near enid
                ok...not quite blizzard...but close..
                30-35 mph wind....24 degrees...7 degree wind chill....and light to medium snow
                To your NE channel 9 had a storm tracker near Braman that could not see the hood of his pickup until a heavy snow band moved on.
                Parts of far northern Oklahoma and much of central Kansas are basically experiencing the same things...Should be a great snow for the wheat crop. I don't miss driving in those conditions'

                Comment


                  Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                  To your NE channel 9 had a storm tracker near Braman that could not see the hood of his pickup until a heavy snow band moved on.
                  Parts of far northern Oklahoma and much of central Kansas are basically experiencing the same things...Should be a great snow for the wheat crop. I don't miss driving in those conditions'

                  unfortunately everything falling now is going sideways....won't stay in the fields...
                  but we got a decent rain last night...and some sleet that stuck.....at least 1/2"......desperately needed it

                  Comment


                    Don’t know how much rain we got but it rained hard all night in BA

                    Comment


                      Mesonet had a 50% chance of snow as of this morning. Now it just says wind. There is a little bit of snow on the radar west of the metro but I guess that will fizzle
                      out. Like I said it will probably be 70 and sunny by 3. Oklahoma used to be the forefront of meteorology. I guess all that radar equipment is messing with the weather patterns.

                      Comment


                        full blown blizzard here now

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Pokej View Post
                          Don’t know how much rain we got but it rained hard all night in BA
                          >1.25 inches in the Tulsa area.

                          Comment



                            .

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Pokej View Post
                              Don’t know how much rain we got but it rained hard all night in BA
                              Probably at least an inch.

                              Last 24hrs from mesonet.

                              http://www.mesonet.org/index.php/wea...ation/rainfall

                              Comment


                                getting worse..
                                total whiteout now

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                  This is for next week but there is a lot of chatter about how the rest of February and most of March will be colder than normal.
                                  This should bring good chances of rain and winter types of precipitation.



                                  PS: The OKC forecast high today is 75. A year ago today it was -14 for the low
                                  UPDATE

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Harry Weenis View Post
                                    Love how the forecast called for a blizzard, then severe storms, then heavy rain, and then as it is now there is still nothing. Gonna enjoy the 70 degree sunny weather tomorrow. Fucking worthless ass forecasters.
                                    you seem to get a little too bent out of shape about missed weather forecasts. Ever think about just not following them to begin with??

                                    Comment


                                      stopped snowing....would be nice if the wind would let up

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by gratefulRed View Post

                                        you seem to get a little too bent out of shape about missed weather forecasts. Ever think about just not following them to begin with??
                                        even stranger is the weather folks pretty much nailed this one on the head. I don't understand what Harry is upset about? yesterday they said blizzard like conditions in NW Oklahoma and that's what happened. Some flurries, rain, etc... for some of the rest of the state. and that's what happened.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by keef View Post

                                          even stranger is the weather folks pretty much nailed this one on the head. I don't understand what Harry is upset about? yesterday they said blizzard like conditions in NW Oklahoma and that's what happened. Some flurries, rain, etc... for some of the rest of the state. and that's what happened.
                                          If it didn't happen where Harry is / was, it didn't happen.

                                          We also had a tornado warning west of Ardmore in the early hours of today...just like the WX people said could happen

                                          Comment


                                            sun shining....wind died down....turned into a beautiful day...

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by keef View Post

                                              even stranger is the weather folks pretty much nailed this one on the head. I don't understand what Harry is upset about? yesterday they said blizzard like conditions in NW Oklahoma and that's what happened. Some flurries, rain, etc... for some of the rest of the state. and that's what happened.
                                              People will watch the TV weather people from say OKC, who are going to give the forecast for OKCish, and expect their weather to be exactly like that forecast, yet they live 100 miles away. 100 miles is a long way away when it comes to weather. Not saying that's what is happening in Harry's case, but could be.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                                                sun shining....wind died down....turned into a beautiful day...
                                                I live in Norman and it never got CLOSE to "turning into a beautiful day" HERE. Then again, I didn't expect it to nor did anyone say it would.

                                                Comment


                                                  Not sure where Harry lives, but the Mesonet forecast for Logan County shows 3 successive sunny days with increasing highs, and then a very warm day on Monday (which probably also means very windy).
                                                  Live Free or Die!

                                                  Comment


                                                    Comment


                                                      This system is going to be something to keep track of. It has some real potential on the Great Plains.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Comment


                                                          https://www.foxnews.com/us/widesprea...cted-to-expand

                                                          Comment




                                                            Comment


                                                              Comment


                                                                kind of between two mesonet spots so something like 111 to 132 days without at least .25 inch of rainfall according to the mesonet, think we are probably closer to the 132 days than the 111.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                                  I canceled a work trip this week, was gonna drive over to Little Rock and Jackson MS this week, pushing it back to next week.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Storms and lots of rain predicted last night but I didn't get 1 drop in Jenks. They are making me eat my words because I always say the local meteorologists are good at predicting thunderstorms but horrible and predicting winter storms.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Comment


                                                                        anyone getting freezing rain? I just have pretty heavy sleet around Eufala.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by WolfMan View Post
                                                                          anyone getting freezing rain? I just have pretty heavy sleet around Eufala.
                                                                          Steady sleet in BA. Hope that proverbs power outages

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Mostly sleet here.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Went to the gym in Guthrie this morning. Got there around 7:30. No precip on the way, but it started just as I arrived.

                                                                              The trip home was a lot different. The sleet built up pretty thick on the roads. It was not too slick. I've driven in worse. It felt like I was driving in sand.
                                                                              Live Free or Die!

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                                                Went to the gym in Guthrie this morning. Got there around 7:30. No precip on the way, but it started just as I arrived.

                                                                                The trip home was a lot different. The sleet built up pretty thick on the roads. It was not too slick. I've driven in worse. It felt like I was driving in sand.
                                                                                The coarseness of sleet at least gives you a fighting chance to get some traction for at first it behaves much like sand paper. Freezing rain is a different monster.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by sheepdogs View Post

                                                                                  The coarseness of sleet at least gives you a fighting chance to get some traction for at first it behaves much like sand paper. Freezing rain is a different monster.
                                                                                  True....for about 1 to 2 hours...Sleet sets up like concrete. Right now with the wind the sleet drifting some around the house. When it sets up this will be a very uneven walking surface that is a more dangerous walking surface than ice on a flat surface.

                                                                                  If its deep enough I use salt to break up the sleet and the bond to the concrete, then shovel it off...within a few days I hose off the areas that were salted. In some places I will use heated sand if it's not going to melt any time soon

                                                                                  We have had some convective sleet with thunder. I can still see some grass showing in yards with taller grass. We are just now starting to see some snow mixing in.
                                                                                  We need the moisture.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by OU48A View Post


                                                                                    If its deep enough I use salt to break up the sleet and the bond to the concrete, then shovel it off...within a few days I hose off the areas that were salted. In some places I will use heated sand if it's not going to melt any time soon
                                                                                    Or you could just let the sun melt it.
                                                                                    Live Free or Die!

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                                                      True....for about 1 to 2 hours...Sleet sets up like concrete. Right now with the wind the sleet drifting some around the house. When it sets up this will be a very uneven walking surface that is a more dangerous walking surface than ice on a flat surface.

                                                                                      If its deep enough I use salt to break up the sleet and the bond to the concrete, then shovel it off...within a few days I hose off the areas that were salted. In some places I will use heated sand if it's not going to melt any time soon

                                                                                      We have had some convective sleet with thunder. I can still see some grass showing in yards with taller grass. We are just now starting to see some snow mixing in.
                                                                                      We need the moisture.
                                                                                      How do you heat sand?

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by SoonerMBA View Post

                                                                                        How do you heat sand?
                                                                                        At home in a metal bucket with a handle on very low heat on top of a cook stove.

                                                                                        I have used heating radiators and engines elsewhere,

                                                                                        Unheated sand tends to blow off in the wind. heated sand as long as its not to hot melts into the ice but not too deep...it becomes a lot like sandpaper when done right.
                                                                                        Last edited by OU48A; 02-23-2022, 03:22 PM.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          I bought a house with a south facing driveway. I let Ra shovel my drive most of the time.

                                                                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	egyptian-dance.gif
Views:	150
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	970122

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            US 69 is supposed to be shut down south of Eufaula somewhere around Canadian and Crowder...too many trucks off the road.

                                                                                            Got almost nothing but sleet in Mcalester area. I would guess from a quarter to a half inch of the stuff. Some of the areas I saw in the eastern part of the county had more than half an inch on the roads. Little bit of rain, but not enough to mention. Oh yeah, it's also FUCKING COLD.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                                                              At home in a metal bucket with a handle on very low heat on top of a cook stove.

                                                                                              I have used heating radiators and engines elsewhere,

                                                                                              Unheated sand tends to blow off in the wind. heated sand as long as its not to hot melts into the ice but not too deep...it becomes a lot like sandpaper when done right.
                                                                                              Makes sense.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Pokej View Post

                                                                                                Steady sleet in BA. Hope that proverbs power outages
                                                                                                the proverbial power outage?

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  any idea where the 2nd round of moisture is coming from? I see some stuff out in Arizona/NM but doesn't really seem like much.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by WolfMan View Post
                                                                                                    any idea where the 2nd round of moisture is coming from? I see some stuff out in Arizona/NM but doesn't really seem like much.
                                                                                                    The future radar shows it developing in north Texas

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      The sleet has set up and is pretty solid

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Go To Top

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1