First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrokebackSooner View Post

No goat but i'd be willing to sacrifice Sly... :)
    I don't think the gods will take him, but it might be worth a shot.

Also, from the debris signature, it looks like the west side of Earlsboro got smacked. Rats.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokebackSooner View Post

No goat but i'd be willing to sacrifice Sly... :)
      Win/win either way.

Comment

Originally posted by ouwxgrad_v2 View Post

Also, from the debris signature, it looks like the west side of Earlsboro got smacked. Rats.
        We could just make the gods talk to 48 for a couple of hours if this shit doesn't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by OUMick View Post

We could just make the gods talk to 48 for a couple of hours if this shit doesn't stop.
          Do what now? I think you might not understand how "gods" work ...

(Again, though, it might be worth a shot.)

Comment

Also, unless my radar eyes deceive me, the storm that hit Earlsboro just cycled and either dropped another tornado that nearly hit Seminole or had a really good try at it. Wicked velocity couplet.

Comment

Yep. With luck, it'll pass between Tecumseh and Earlsboro. I wouldn't count on it if I was in Earlsboro, though.

Meanwhile, folks to the west (like myself) just have to wait and hope that the stuff near the TX border lines out before it gets here late tonight. What a stupid day. I'll say it again: if you ever hear a weather enthusiast saying anything that could reasonably be taken as rooting for a day like today to happen, punch 'em. Face, kidneys, whatever works for you.

EDIT - Oh goodness, that thing's not going to hit Tecumseh, is it? Tough to get a fix on the potential tornado path on radar because the background circulation is so broad.

SECOND EDIT - Also, does somebody have a goat they'd be willing to sacrifice so we can kill the storm that hit Tecumseh before? Dang thing's intensifying again.
              Whenever one of the weather dudes says that they don't want tornadoes I yell liar at the TV.

Comment

How about a useless shit factory of a rabbit?

Comment

Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

Whenever one of the weather dudes says that they don't want tornadoes I yell liar at the TV.
                  If I ever get on TV, I'll remember that so I can say "I don't want tornadoes" and then suddenly turn to the camera and yell "nuh-uh!" at you.

Comment

How about a useless shit factory of a rabbit?
                    What did I just say? I don't think the gods will take him ... oh, wait, I get it now. Yeah, why not? Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit ...

Comment

I wish we had a Mesonet station in Luther so I could keep track of how much rain we've had.

Comment

I wish we had a Mesonet station in Luther so I could keep track of how much rain we've had.
                        Go to http://ambientweather.net and see if there are any stations near you.

Comment

had a couple big sweet gum limbs come down in parents yard in south tecumseh, damn things weighed a ton with all the rain, don't think the wind was all that bad, just the weight of them caused them to snap.

Comment

Originally posted by SlaughtervilleSooner View Post

Go to http://ambientweather.net and see if there are any stations near you.
                            Their closest station is just east of Lake Hiwassee, about 7-8 miles away.

Comment

Comment

Mesonet shows Haskell got over 7 inches of rain.
                                Live Free or Die!

Comment

Their closest station is just east of Lake Hiwassee, about 7-8 miles away.
                                  Maybe try this one... Similar to the other site (backyard weather stations) but has more stations, I think. Might have to change the map to precip from the default temperature.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KOKLUTHE7

Comment

Pretty sure they used to have one back when things were originally set up in the early 90s. It was fairly accessible because I remember pissing in the rain gauge one day, about 1.25 inches IIRC. Twas a good check of the data quality filters (spoiler, they failed).

Comment

Where I live got 3 inches rain, four miles away where farm is we got 3 tenths.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post

Maybe try this one... Similar to the other site (backyard weather stations) but has more stations, I think. Might have to change the map to precip from the default temperature.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KOKLUTHE7
                                        That one is pretty close, about a mile due north. Thanks. It says we’ve got a little over 6” of rain this week.

Comment

That one is pretty close, about a mile due north. Thanks. It says we’ve got a little over 6” of rain this week.
                                          I don't think I've gotten 6 inches of rain in the last six months... Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post

I don't think I've gotten 6 inches of rain in the last six months... Seriously.
                                            After today it'll be over 7"

Comment

the weather really screwed up travel today....
                                              was supposed to be heading home with my new truck by now.....but i'm stuck in the dfw airport for several more hours...

Comment

Getting serial in Souf MS tonight. Just sounded like a Russian bomb went off.

Comment

No rain in the forecast for the next 4 days at least, and higher temperatures. My vegetable garden will have a growth spurt.
                                                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

When it looks like it's going to miss your location....this is why they still tell you to take cover. Tornadoes can change their direction.

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                      When it looks like it's going to miss your location....this is why they still tell you to take cover. Tornadoes can change their direction.

Stupid Oklahoma weather.

Comment

reading a facebook weather site where some weather guys and chasers post, they've done a better job recently hitting on the longer range forecasts than the tv guys have and one post says a few quiet days then next week things could turn "violent".

the area's they had drawn in were further west than the recent storms, couple days in west Texas then about Wednesday and especially Thursday they had the panhandles, Western Kansas and Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

Stupid Oklahoma weather.
                                                          Yep ....enjoy the next few days...The drought is over for some of us and it's nice and cool.

I still haven't turned my AC on this year. I have had my windows open cooling my floor tile / slab inside my house which will eventually help lower the load on the AC.
                                                          It's been as cool as 59 degrees inside my house...so the cool has soaked in well and should continue to help at least some into early next month. When it's been warm I turn on a celling fan and harvest the stored cold in the floor by washing air over the cool porcelain tile.

Comment

Yep ....enjoy the next few days...The drought is over for some of us and it's nice and cool.

I still haven't turned my AC on this year. I have had my windows open cooling my floor tile / slab inside my house which will eventually help lower the load on the AC.
                                                            It's been as cool as 59 degrees inside my house...so the cool has soaked in well and should continue to help at least some into early next month. When it's been warm I turn on a celling fan and harvest the stored cold in the floor by washing air over the cool porcelain tile.
                                                            wtf is all this, I thought you were rich?

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

It's sad that you don't understand and that your financial literacy is so lacking.
                                                              Less money wasted over a life time, even on the smaller things, means you can have more money working for you. Thus increasing your net worth and security. Using the rule of 72, it can add up to a lot of money over several decades.

PS: I mow my own yard, paint my own house, shovel my own snow...I do pretty much everything I can around the house except reroofing my own house and I have done that too many years ago.
                                                              Last edited by OU48A; 05-06-2022, 09:58 AM.

Comment

It's sad that you don't understand and that your financial literacy is so lacking.
                                                                Less money wasted over a life time, even on the smaller things, means you can have more money working for you. Thus increasing your net worth and security. Using the rule of 72, it can add up to a lot of money over several decades.

PS: I mow my own yard, paint my own house, shovel my own snow...I do pretty much everything I can around the house except reroofing my own house and I have done that too many years ago.
                                                                No need to start name calling, I just wanted to look into the savings generated by harvesting the stored cold in the floor by washing air over the cool porcelain tile. My tile is straight from Alaska so hopefully there's still some cool in there.

Comment

No need to start name calling, I just wanted to look into the savings generated by harvesting the stored cold in the floor by washing air over the cool porcelain tile. My tile is straight from Alaska so hopefully there's still some cool in there.
                                                                  It also keeps my AC from running near as much into June.

But please know if you don't..... expensive NG is another coming problem. I have always wanted a wood stove so I'm going to buy one....with the money I have had working for me for many years.
                                                                  There is a 26% tax credit on the stove that I'm going to buy. The professionals will need to install it. I enjoy splitting wood. Its great exercise.

Comment

You never know what might come rolling down the stairs during a tornado...

Comment

I bet you are sorry you asked that question.

This is the same guy who actually heated up sand in his garage this winter so he could melt the snow and ice that the sun melted for free a few days later.

He wasted money buying that sand and heating it.

Plus he had sand all over his driveway that he had to clean off.
                                                                      Live Free or Die!

Comment

This is a whole new level of awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
                                                                          This is a whole new level of awesomeness.
                                                                          Yes and the chief sociopath on this board still lies and can't get his facts straight...He's a great example of how many decades of drug usage will fry a brain.... Its a continuation of decades worth desperation that trades one bad behavior for another, over and over again. SAD, SAD, SAD!

But I came here to post this...

Comment

It's good that many of us have seen good rains because it going to heat up.

Comment

Yes and the chief sociopath on this board still lies and can't get his facts straight...He's a great example of how many decades of drug usage will fry a brain.... Its a continuation of decades worth desperation that trades one bad behavior for another, over and over again. SAD, SAD, SAD!

But I came here to post this...

So you didn't post this???

True....for about 1 to 2 hours...Sleet sets up like concrete. Right now with the wind the sleet drifting some around the house. When it sets up this will be a very uneven walking surface that is a more dangerous walking surface than ice on a flat surface.

If its deep enough I use salt to break up the sleet and the bond to the concrete, then shovel it off...within a few days I hose off the areas that were salted. In some places I will use heated sand if it's not going to melt any time soon

We have had some convective sleet with thunder. I can still see some grass showing in yards with taller grass. We are just now starting to see some snow mixing in.
                                                                              We need the moisture.
                                                                              Originally posted by SoonerMBA View Post

How do you heat sand?
                                                                              At home in a metal bucket with a handle on very low heat on top of a cook stove.

I have used heating radiators and engines elsewhere,

Unheated sand tends to blow off in the wind. heated sand as long as its not to hot melts into the ice but not too deep...it becomes a lot like sandpaper when done right.
                                                                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

It's good that many of us have seen good rains because it going to heat up.

the three tenths we got on our pasture sure won't last long with 100 degree heat, what a strange spring, coats one day and 100 degree heat the next. I was really hoping for enough rain to green things up and get the burn ban lifted, need to set some fires to some dead cedar piles and was hoping to burn a hay meadow off but until we get more moisture they probably won't lift the burn ban.... even if they did i'd probably be afraid to light a fire right now anyway.

Comment

Did everyone remember to cool their tiles last night?

Comment

It helps....but the point is how I have been living rent free in stingers mind. The proof is how he keeps track of many of my post for year's.. He is being baited caught again and again and exposed as a sociopath with a fried brain due to his self admitted decades of drug usage that he use to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerBAS View Post

the three tenths we got on our pasture sure won't last long with 100 degree heat, what a strange spring, coats one day and 100 degree heat the next. I was really hoping for enough rain to green things up and get the burn ban lifted, need to set some fires to some dead cedar piles and was hoping to burn a hay meadow off but until we get more moisture they probably won't lift the burn ban.... even if they did i'd probably be afraid to light a fire right now anyway.
                                                                                      Hopefully your area will receive some rain by the end of next week...There are also more rain chances after that.
                                                                                      The rain we have seen might help it rain in some of the drought stricken areas.

Comment

No. I'm a drug-addicted sociopath, not obsessive-compulsive.
                                                                                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

I have decided that I will not run my A/C at all this summer.

I'm going to let the entire infrastructure of my house - tile, slab, studs, shingles, etc. just absorb heat so during the winter I won't need to run my heater.

Think of the money I'll save. 6 months without using any electricity for either cooling or heating.
                                                                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

I have decided that I will not run my A/C at all this summer.

I'm going to let the entire infrastructure of my house - tile, slab, studs, shingles, etc. just absorb heat so during the winter I won't need to run my heater.

Think of the money I'll save. 6 months without using any electricity for either cooling or heating.
                                                                                            We didn’t get central air in our house in southern Oklahoma until the mid 60s. A lot of people lived without ac in those days. Of course most people worked outside in the heat all day also

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post

We didn’t get central air in our house in southern Oklahoma until the mid 60s. A lot of people lived without ac in those days. Of course most people worked outside in the heat all day also
                                                                                              some people live without a/c NOW...
                                                                                              my parents house...where i grew up...had no forced air/hvac.....just a window a/c purchased in the 90s that my dad refused to turn on ..
                                                                                              we tricked him into buying a farm with a house with hvac in 2007...but he still wouldn't turn the a/c on except the very hottest days of the summer...
                                                                                              and as soon as the sun went down....off it went and windows were opened...
                                                                                              he died in 2020.....worth about $5million....

Comment

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

some people live without a/c NOW...
                                                                                                my parents house...where i grew up...had no forced air/hvac.....just a window a/c purchased in the 90s that my dad refused to turn on ..
                                                                                                we tricked him into buying a farm with a house with hvac in 2007...but he still wouldn't turn the a/c on except the very hottest days of the summer...
                                                                                                and as soon as the sun went down....off it went and windows were opened...
                                                                                                he died in 2020.....worth about $5million....
                                                                                                He puts 48A to shame.
                                                                                                Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post

For sure almost everyone alive today are wimps. How did the NA tribes that inhabited this region 200+ years ago survive without HVAC and Doppler radar?
                                                                                                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

For sure almost everyone alive today are wimps. How did the NA tribes that inhabited this region 200+ years ago survive without HVAC and Doppler radar?
                                                                                                    (looks at relevant life expectancy estimates) Not very well, I'd say.

Comment

there was one day last winter when there was dusting of snow in OKC and the local tv stations were on wall to wall coverage, with live reports coming in from all over the metro and I said the same thing... how did the early settlers ever survive without all these tv weathermen telling them there's a snowflake falling.

on a positive note, 4 tenths of rain last night, was hoping for more as it rained almost all night. just a nice slow soaking rain, probably did more good than that 3 inches we got a week or so ago that came in about an hour.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1