First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
    yeah one more shot at rain tomorrow night....then the heat moves in......harvest weather
    Our family cutting wheat in Custer County as we speak. Sure could use heat and dry wind! Crew nearly got a truck and combine stuck in mud yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Weenis View Post

You must be a landscaping or outdoor construction boss.
      Well, I have a nice garden and flower beds so kind of.

Comment

Was driving down a country road yesterday little after noon. It was raining so hard all I could see was a gray blur...that was the road...and the dark from the trees on both sides of the road. I just aimed for the middle and hoped if anyone was coming at me they had their headlights on. I think we got a little over 2 inches, which mostly fell in about a half hour span.

Comment

Comment

It’s ‘gon be a hot sumbitch… probably ‘till about the state fair comes around.

Comment

Hotter than a depot stove today in BA

Comment

nothing but hot on the 10 day forecast

Comment

It is indeed a bit ****y outside.

Comment

nothing but hot on the 10 day forecast
                    Just as my tomatoes begin to ripen, new production gets shut down.
                    Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Get out early and pollinate them before the blooms die.

Comment

Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

Get out early and pollinate them before the blooms die.
                        Isn't that the job of the bees?
                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Tomatoes self-pollinate. If you flick the blossom with the stamen pointing up then pollen will fall down onto the pistil and a tomato will develop.

Comment

I've gotten a few tomatoes going, but not many relative to the size and number of plants I have.

Same for my cataloupes. Huge green leaves, lots of blossoms, no actual cantaloupes. Dunno what's up.

Comment

87 here in BA this afternoon. Could be worse

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post
                                87 here in BA this afternoon. Could be worse
                                That heat index though…

Comment

Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

Tomatoes self-pollinate. If you flick the blossom with the stamen pointing up then pollen will fall down onto the pistil and a tomato will develop.
                                  I have never done that. I'll give it a try.

Why is it that the blossoms won't set when temps get above 95?
                                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

Don't question it. Just get out there and start jerking off in your garden.

Comment

That I don’t know.

You can also force pollination of squashes/cucumbers/melons by picking a male flower and taking all of the petals off and rubbing it inside of a female flower. I guess that would be like raping a plant instead of jerking it off.

Comment

10% chance of rain on juneteenth....
                                        there's hope...

Comment

interesting tidbit from the long term forecast....

​​​​​​
                                          The most exciting piece of news is a potential cold front that moves through Saturday night. As is usually the case this far out in time, the GFS/ECMWF differ on outcomes. But, if the GFS is right, we could see some rain and highs in the upper 70s/80s.

Comment

Just the way they are...

I've read that cherry tomatoes will still set even into the low 100s.

Comment

Summer solstice is coming up. Of course I’m a dumbass so I don’t know what that means or how the weather works. Based on what I read it is the day of the year with the most sunlight. I don’t know what that means though. I think that means that the weather will be pretty warm for the next three months.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Weenis View Post
                                                Summer solstice is coming up. Of course I’m a dumbass so I don’t know what that means or how the weather works. Based on what I read it is the day of the year with the most sunlight. I don’t know what that means though. I think that means that the weather will be pretty warm for the next three months.
                                                yeah....the heat set in way too early this year....we could be in for a miserable summer...

Comment

mesonet post this morning of heat index next Sunday for my area --- 79 degrees.

probably will miss us again but hopeful the forecast on several of the weather models comes true of anywhere from an inch to 2 or more of rain around the 28th to 30th of June

Comment

Originally posted by soonerBAS View Post
                                                    mesonet post this morning of heat index next Sunday for my area --- 79 degrees.

probably will miss us again but hopeful the forecast on several of the weather models comes true of anywhere from an inch to 2 or more of rain around the 28th to 30th of June
                                                    nws is forecasting a cool down to about 90 on sunday but they haven't introduced rain chances yet...
                                                    weather underground says .09" for enid next tuesday.....not too promising..

Comment

It's hot outside. Really fucking hot.

Comment

saturday night 20% chance of rain...
                                                        sunday/monday high of 88

Comment

61 degrees and rain in the panhandle right now...

Comment

61 degrees and rain in the panhandle right now...
                                                            It's 98 here, and feels like 115 with the heat index. Lucky bastard...

Comment

Hugo shouldn't have a problem any time soon.

A truck loaded with bees crashed in Choctaw County Tuesday morning.

Comment

Happy summer solstice. Also happy beginning of 4 more months of summer heat.

Comment

I guess everyone on campus is a little too focused on baseball to get NOAA's name correct.

‘Tornado Tales’ Survey Measures Tornado Readiness

Comment

high of 75° today. might be our hottest day of the year. soon expecting three days of 80° plus before dropping back down to the low 70s. gettin' downright balmy.
                                                                    <muttley hoarse laughter.mp3>

Comment

It’s hotter than a whore house on nickle night.

Comment

104 in Bay Area.
                                                                        Jeeesh, people act like they never been in hot weather before.

Comment

got about 1/2" this morning......combined with the cooler temps ...what a difference from yesterday
                                                                          65 degrees...almost jacket weather

Comment

Hearing some rumors that long range forecasts showing over 30 days of over 100 degrees with not a drop of rain in sight. Maybe not 2011 quality but damn we are going to bake. And my lawn still needs to be mowed despite no rain for almost a month now. Oklahoma is shaped like a deep fryer basket, and the oil fill line is at about 36 and a half degrees north latitude. I should buy a lounger and lay outside without putting sunscreen on so that I get skin cancer.
                                                                            Last edited by Harry Weenis; 07-01-2022, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Raining like hell out in the panhandle. Seems like they've gotten more rain than normal the last couple of weeks.

Comment

weather underground saying 107 for wednesday and thursday....
                                                                                i really hate oklahoma summers....
                                                                                be thankful your livelihood doesn't depend on the weather...

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner Schooner View Post
                                                                                  Raining like hell out in the panhandle. Seems like they've gotten more rain than normal the last couple of weeks.
                                                                                  yeah...64 degrees and rain out there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner Schooner View Post
                                                                                    They're so far west they almost get in on the desert monsoon action, which has started early and been amazingly strong this year. Not sure how it ended up, but as of about a week ago, New Mexico was on track for their rainiest June ever recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post

They're so far west they almost get in on the desert monsoon action, which has started early and been amazingly strong this year. Not sure how it ended up, but as of about a week ago, New Mexico was on track for their rainiest June ever recorded.
                                                                                      I've experienced Arizona "monsoons." Didn't seem like much more than a drizzle on steroids.

What I was seeing on Mesonet's radar looked like more than the monsoons I saw in Arizona.

Comment

I meant monsoon in the meteorological sense of the wind shift that draws moisture from the south (Baja/Pacific moisture) in the summer. Doesn't mean they get a lot of rain out of individual storms. They've been in a serious drought in that area for years now... But not this year.

That pattern is helped when the high pressure sits over us or Texas and we bake forever with no chance of rain... Again like this year. :(

Comment

I meant monsoon in the meteorological sense of the wind shift that draws moisture from the south (Baja/Pacific moisture) in the summer. Doesn't mean they get a lot of rain out of individual storms. They've been in a serious drought in that area for years now... But not this year.

That pattern is helped when the high pressure sits over us or Texas and we bake forever with no chance of rain... Again like this year. :(
                                                                                          Fuck them if it means a month of 100*+ temps and no rain here where it’s actually not a desert.

Comment

So this is, yet another, reason why Texas sux?

Comment

I don't remember seeing any rain forecast for Saturday night. It started raining here around 12:30 am and has been on and off since. One tenth so far. Not complaining at all, but not nearly enough.
                                                                                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

Seems like August started a couple weeks ago...

Comment

Some people commenting on pro met forums saying long range are saying the ridge might break down a bit… What say our local experts? Ridge holds and we get well over 100 for a month or it breaks down and we go back to sub 100? Basically it comes down to model bias is what they say.

Comment

7 day forecast 102 and up....

Comment

7 day forecast 102 and up....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1