Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4" here....better prospects tonite/tomorrow...
    best part is it's only 82 degrees right now

Comment

they keep forecasting good rain....and we keep getting sprinkles...

Comment

Decent rain has been falling for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post
          Decent rain has been falling for a while.
          We've probably received over 2" of rain in the Bixby/South BA area in the past 24-hours. Pretty sporty winds last night, too, with a potential small tornado/microburst last night on the NE side of Broken Arrow as well as out in Muskogee.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerAviator View Post

We've probably received over 2" of rain in the Bixby/South BA area in the past 24-hours. Pretty sporty winds last night, too, with a potential small tornado/microburst last night on the NE side of Broken Arrow as well as out in Muskogee.
            We missed out on some heavy rain yesterday and just caught the edge of a nasty thunderstorm instead.

Comment

only 2 tenths here of what was supposed to be a 2 or 3 inch rain, just keeps going thru to our north. the good news is that they terminated the Mooreland fire command this morning, think they had an inch or two or rain go thru the area.

Comment

Good to see the Moorland fire is now under control. I have hunted, driven dirt bikes and driven 4X4's in the area of this fire.
                The extremely sandy soil in the area of the fire would have been made it pretty easy to get brush pumpers full of water stuck.
                They probably pulled some around with large tractors or with bull dozers. The soil erosion with high winds and heavy rain will create more problems. The rattle snakes and coyotes can be pretty numerous in the area too.

I have had 1.75 of rain, so far.

Comment

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                  they keep forecasting good rain....and we keep getting sprinkles...
                  “Sprinkles are for winners” ~ Flo from Progressive.

Comment

finally got some rain here that lasted more than 30 seconds....
                    still raining....but probably over an inch for this round....

Comment

best 24 hour rainfall we've had in over a year, 2 inches fell yesterday and overnight.

Comment

we got 2.2" total for the last 3 nights.
                        looks like there's potential for more tonight

Comment

Finally - a good soaking rain!
                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                            Finally - a good soaking rain!
                            yeah....
                            we were supposed to get 1/4-1/2 inch last nite.....we're probably approaching 2"

Comment

ended up with 4.3" since thursday...
                              forecast calls for 99 degrees tomorrow....get ready for that swamp heat...

Comment

ended up with 4.3" since thursday...
                                forecast calls for 99 degrees tomorrow....get ready for that swamp heat...
                                Yes, that good old SWAMP HEAT ..... It always came just in time for the start of football practice. Those 2 a day's with standing water nearby, it being over 100+ in the midday heat. The Nats, fly's, mosquitos and players with dry heaves added to the lifelong experience. If that wasn't enough there was the stench from the unwashed practice cloths that were always still wet from your sweat from the previous practice. Sometimes it was that rotting grass smell because the grass had been too wet for too long.

Comment

As of Thursday looking back on the mesonet site we had received about 12 inches of rain over the previous 365 days. From Thursday night to Sunday morning we had right at 3 inches of rain.

Comment

Out of all this shit, we got a grand total of .67 inches of rain...according to Mesont. We were supposed to get, IIRC, from 2 to 3 inches. I know beggars can't be choosers, but we needed a heck of a lot more than we got.

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                      Yes, that good old SWAMP HEAT ..... It always came just in time for the start of football practice. Those 2 a day's with standing water nearby, it being over 100+ in the midday heat. The Nats, fly's, mosquitos and players with dry heaves added to the lifelong experience. If that wasn't enough there was the stench from the unwashed practice cloths that were always still wet from your sweat from the previous practice. Sometimes it was that rotting grass smell because the grass had been too wet for too long.
                                      This. Except try 2-a-days in south Louisiana, with a paper plant belching clouds of rotten egg smelling awfulness into the air. God what a shithole.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Fazande View Post

This. Except try 2-a-days in south Louisiana, with a paper plant belching clouds of rotten egg smelling awfulness into the air. God what a shithole.
                                        What part of Louisiana?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Fazande View Post

Paper mills do smell terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by OUMick View Post

What part of Louisiana?
                                            All of it.
                                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

And people are curious as to why the French sold it. lol

Comment

so do tobacco factories when I was a youngster living in Florida my best friend's dad whose family had escaped from Cuba worked at one I never understood how he could stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerdad53 View Post

so do tobacco factories when I was a youngster living in Florida my best friend's dad whose family had escaped from Cuba worked at one I never understood how he could stand it.
                                                  I can't speak to either of those, but when my dad was a young teen, his family lived very close to a rendering plant. They were dirt poor. He said the smell was horrible.

I was born when he was 36, and I always knew him as a meat eater. He loved steak, sausage and bacon. But he told me there was a time in his life when he would not eat meat because of that.
                                                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

I can't speak to either of those, but when my dad was a young teen, his family lived very close to a rendering plant. They were dirt poor. He said the smell was horrible.

I was born when he was 36, and I always knew him as a meat eater. He loved steak, sausage and bacon. But he told me there was a time in his life when he would not eat meat because of that.
                                                    the paper mills smell like sulphur/rotten eggs....u can smell them for miles...
                                                    my niece/nephew just retired from the air force and decided to move to a small town in pennsylvania...
                                                    if u google the town...the first thing that comes up is "paper mill"...
                                                    after moving there...i think they regret it...the wind must have been in the opposite direction the day they visited...

Comment

my niece/nephew just retired from the air force and decided to move to a small town in pennsylvania...
                                                      after moving there...i think they regret it...the wind must have been in the opposite direction the day they visited...
                                                      There used to be a paper mill, or something like that, in Valiant...that's in McCurtain county in case you didn't know. We played those guys in football when I was a kid. You could smell the mill long before you got to town. I don't know how the locals stood that smell. I guess they were used to it.

Comment

Spring Grove, PA?

Comment

Spring Grove, PA?
                                                          Tyrone, PA has a pretty pungent smell as well (american eagle paper mill).

Comment

Spring Grove, PA?
                                                            correct

Comment

correct
                                                              The funny thing is that plant makes all of it's money from generating electricity not paper. The workers there work 7 days a week.

Oh yeah and the town smells. We used to live about 15 miles NE of there outside York.

Comment

tuesday is supposed to be the last 100 degree day of the year...
                                                                wednesday...highs in the lower 80s......for northern oklahoma

Comment

tuesday is supposed to be the last 100 degree day of the year...
                                                                  wednesday...highs in the lower 80s......for northern oklahoma
                                                                  Where I live:

Today: 100
                                                                  Tomorrow: 102
                                                                  Wednesday: 86
                                                                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

rains coming. no computer forecast but I called the kid who cuts and bails our hay and we are now "on the list" so that's about as good of odds as you can get that after months of drought a flood is near.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerBAS View Post
                                                                      rains coming. no computer forecast but I called the kid who cuts and bails our hay and we are now "on the list" so that's about as good of odds as you can get that after months of drought a flood is near.
                                                                      You’re cursed

Comment

same here...
                                                                        i have about 100 acres of milo on the ground and another 400 acres to go...

Comment

This would be cool to see...I hope it's not cloudy.

Comment

There is some developing tropical activity that might eventually turn in to threats for the USA coastal areas in the next week or 2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	190
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1049617

Comment

Flooded down here in souf MS today.

Comment

Odds for significant tropical activity in the GOM are increasing... in about a week to 10 days.

Comment

Been a deluge in souf MS.com.

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post
                                                                                    Been a deluge in souf MS.com.
                                                                                    My understanding is that Mississippi and Alabama have had quite a bit of rain this summer.

Comment

My understanding is that Mississippi and Alabama have had quite a bit of rain this summer.
                                                                                      Yep. Just waiting for that other dreaded, forecast shoe to drop on top of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                                                        Odds for significant tropical activity in the GOM are increasing... in about a week to 10 days.
                                                                                        weather underground forecast goes out to memorial day and they say nothing about tropical activity..

Comment

weather underground forecast goes out to memorial day and they say nothing about tropical activity..
                                                                                          9 months out....hell of a forecast!

Comment

labor day?

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

9 months out....hell of a forecast!
                                                                                              Technology has improved a lot.
                                                                                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

The GFS has something tropical on the Texas coast around the 6th of September and moving up towards Oklahoma.

Last night had a lightning strike hit some of our hay, it didn't take off till morning, neighbor discovered it and moved bales with his tractor to save big stack, we spent rest of today with pitch forks stirring hay, it takes a long time for a big bale to completely burn. Lost five bales, had planned sell them for hundred dollars each.

Comment

The GFS has something tropical on the Texas coast around the 6th of September and moving up towards Oklahoma.

Last night had a lightning strike hit some of our hay, it didn't take off till morning, neighbor discovered it and moved bales with his tractor to save big stack, we spent rest of today with pitch forks stirring hay, it takes a long time for a big bale to completely burn. Lost five bales, had planned sell them for hundred dollars each.
                                                                                                  That sucks. My understanding is that there isn't a lot of hay available due to the lack of rain, like a third cutting was missed.

Comment

We got good rain today, but tomorrow will be like Satan's crotch.

Comment

Stinger_1066 You getting a big rain today?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1