Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norman Developments

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by OUspark View Post

    Better get your eyes checked too.
    Nothing wrong with my vision. Nothing you post makes any sense. What is it like being so out of touch with reality 24 x 7?
    Live Free or Die!

    Comment


      Pinocchio's coming back to Norman on campus corner at the corner of Buchannan and White.

      https://www.normantranscript.com/new...84576c3f9.html

      Comment


        A local chef to open Emilia's Italian Kitchen and Bar in the long vacant Johnny Carino's.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

          Nothing wrong with my vision. Nothing you post makes any sense. What is it like being so out of touch with reality 24 x 7?
          You probably have onset dementia then. Maybe get that checked?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Boomer..... View Post
            Pinocchio's coming back to Norman on campus corner at the corner of Buchannan and White.

            https://www.normantranscript.com/new...84576c3f9.html
            I knew people that worked the Lindsey St Pinocchio's back in the day. Some fucked up shit went on at that place.

            Comment


              Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post

              I knew people that worked the Lindsey St Pinocchio's back in the day. Some fucked up shit went on at that place.
              Like satanic child sacrifices and whatnot?

              Comment


                Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post

                Like satanic child sacrifices and whatnot?
                Let's just say the manager liked inviting his high school age male employees to his house, would often have several living with him rent free, in exchange for walking around in their underwear.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post

                  I knew people that worked the Lindsey St Pinocchio's back in the day. Some fucked up shit went on at that place.
                  Where was it on Lindsey? I only remember going to the one on Robinson where Prosperity bank currently is.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Bk2X View Post

                    Where was it on Lindsey? I only remember going to the one on Robinson where Prosperity bank currently is.
                    It was by the bowling alley east of 12th if I recall correctly.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Boomer..... View Post

                      It was by the bowling alley east of 12th if I recall correctly.
                      It was where Chicken Express is now.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post

                        Let's just say the manager liked inviting his high school age male employees to his house, would often have several living with him rent free, in exchange for walking around in their underwear.
                        I also remember those stories. We must have grew up in Norman around the same time.

                        Comment


                          Beer garten coming to downtown!

                          Large indoor/outdoor beer garden coming to Norman

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Boomer..... View Post

                            NPD to immediately put in a satellite station next door

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Darth Fazande View Post


                              NPD to immediately put in a satellite station next door
                              They're only a couple blocks away as it stands now.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Boomer..... View Post

                                They're only a couple blocks away as it stands now.
                                "Conveniently located right next to the Norman PD and JoeBob's Bail/Baitshop".

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Darth Fazande View Post


                                  NPD to immediately put in a satellite station next door
                                  Is the NPD still as bad as it was in the early 2000's? I had a ton of friends that had run ins with Officer Watson. He was the biggest dick on the planet.

                                  Comment


                                    Heikkila beats Breah-uh for mayor. I know its old news but I just looked that up cause I didn’t pay attention on voting day. I don’t know anything about Heikkila… is he the same level of crazy as Breah-uh?

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Harry Weenis View Post
                                      Heikkila beats Breah-uh for mayor. I know its old news but I just looked that up cause I didn’t pay attention on voting day. I don’t know anything about Heikkila… is he the same level of crazy as Breah-uh?
                                      Heikkila has a lot of good experience, common sense and says that his priorities will address the needs of the average person instead prioritizing a tiny fraction of Norman's population.
                                      I have spoken with Heikkila...seems like a good man that we should all support. He is going to need all the good help he can find in this town.
                                      Last edited by OU48A; 04-28-2022, 07:17 PM.

                                      Comment


                                        He leans right as opposed to extreme left, supports the police, is a veteran, and has lots of experience within the City and other organizations. He will be a big improvement over Breea!

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Mobman View Post

                                          Is the NPD still as bad as it was in the early 2000's? I had a ton of friends that had run ins with Officer Watson. He was the biggest dick on the planet.
                                          NPD is a bunch of incompetent doughnut chasers.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post

                                            NPD is a bunch of incompetent doughnut chasers.
                                            20 year old 1TC would’ve agreed with you. Now, I’d disagree with you entirely. I think we have a wonderful PD with the right kind of officers. If Council keeps treating them like shit we will end up with a bunch of former small town Chief’s in our ranks.

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post

                                              20 year old 1TC would’ve agreed with you. Now, I’d disagree with you entirely. I think we have a wonderful PD with the right kind of officers. If Council keeps treating them like shit we will end up with a bunch of former small town Chief’s in our ranks.
                                              It's amazing what growing up does to one's opinions, no? I hated all cops when I was a POS criminal druggy. It was amazing how all of the sudden the cops were great people when I put down the bong, bought auto insurance, had unexpired tags on my truck, and simply pulled over, handed him my license, insurance and registration without mouthing off.

                                              Unfortunately, some people never outgrow their childhood habits and therefore never outgrow their hatred for cops. I back the blue.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Pokej View Post

                                                Well, he was resisting arrest.
                                                Youre conveniently leaving out the fact that the bear had repeated picnic swiping related offenses.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                  It's amazing what growing up does to one's opinions, no? I hated all cops when I was a POS criminal druggy. It was amazing how all of the sudden the cops were great people when I put down the bong, bought auto insurance, had unexpired tags on my truck, and simply pulled over, handed him my license, insurance and registration without mouthing off.

                                                  Unfortunately, some people never outgrow their childhood habits and therefore never outgrow their hatred for cops. I back the blue.
                                                  The problem occurs when people jump to either extreme.

                                                  Extreme leftie thinks every shooting is race related.

                                                  Extreme righty thinks every cop is a good person who’d never do such a thing.

                                                  Reality is majority of cops are good people with a hard, thankless job. But there are dicks/racists/bullies, etc. I, and most of us, have had the misfortune of coming across a few of them.

                                                  Lefties should stop blaming good cops for the actions of bad cops and automatically martyring every “victim” of police shootings.

                                                  Righties should stop reaching for highly unlikely excuses/causes when negligence or brutality is the most likely reason.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by S00nerJay View Post

                                                    The problem occurs when people jump to either extreme.

                                                    Extreme leftie thinks every shooting is race related.

                                                    Extreme righty thinks every cop is a good person who’d never do such a thing.

                                                    Reality is majority of cops are good people with a hard, thankless job. But there are dicks/racists/bullies, etc. I, and most of us, have had the misfortune of coming across a few of them.

                                                    Lefties should stop blaming good cops for the actions of bad cops and automatically martyring every “victim” of police shootings.

                                                    Righties should stop reaching for highly unlikely excuses/causes when negligence or brutality is the most likely reason.
                                                    Pretty simplified version of "reality?" Your post reads like you watch too much Dr. Phil or Oprah.

                                                    There's dicks/racists/bullies in every profession. There's also great people in every profession. Here's the rub: to start, I have no clue of the actual numbers, but I'm sure someone will care enough to dredge them up, but anyhow, what percentage of police shootings/beatings/whatever are legitimate cases of negligence or purposeful brutality? My guess is very, very few. Now, what percentage of cases where a white officer shoots a black criminal are sensationalized, rioted over, and then white cop is found not guilty? Then, what percentage of white cop OR black cop shooting white criminal are sensationalized, rioted over, etc?

                                                    I get what you're trying to say, but it isn't really the case. Per se. Me? I support the police and think they by and large do a great job. Yes, I've personally known a couple dick cops, but overall? Pretty good folks. Me? I think anyone getting fucked with/shot at/chased down by the police probably have some reason to be fucked with. They don't fuck with me, or anybody I know because people I know and myself don't do criminal shit.

                                                    When I get pulled over I calmly do as the officer asks. If he says "get out of the vehicle" I get out of the vehicle. If he asks for paperwork, I calmly hand him the paperwork. If he asks me to sit in the cruiser while we complete paperwork, I calmly sit in the cruiser. I drive for a living (sorta) and I've spent lots of time in cop cars doing paperwork. I've had multiple LEO from all sorts of jurisdictions/agencies ask me if I'm armed, which I always answer "I am. I have a concealed carry permit if you'd like to see it." The general response is "no, that's fine, I don't need to see it." I did have a Ft. Worth cop say "well if you don't show me yours, I won't show you mine."

                                                    Now, is this because I'm white? Maybe, but I doubt it. I can look pretty scruffy, have some tats, and oftentimes dress like a ragamuffin. Still, they don't fuck with me. Why? Because I simply do as they ask, comply with their instructions, and go on my merry way. I don't understand why this concept is so difficult. Cop says "get out of the vehicle" and you go "fuck you pig, and reach for your glove box?" Well, you'll probably get shot. DOH.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                      Pretty simplified version of "reality?" Your post reads like you watch too much Dr. Phil or Oprah.

                                                      There's dicks/racists/bullies in every profession. There's also great people in every profession. Here's the rub: to start, I have no clue of the actual numbers, but I'm sure someone will care enough to dredge them up, but anyhow, what percentage of police shootings/beatings/whatever are legitimate cases of negligence or purposeful brutality? My guess is very, very few. Now, what percentage of cases where a white officer shoots a black criminal are sensationalized, rioted over, and then white cop is found not guilty? Then, what percentage of white cop OR black cop shooting white criminal are sensationalized, rioted over, etc?

                                                      I get what you're trying to say, but it isn't really the case. Per se. Me? I support the police and think they by and large do a great job. Yes, I've personally known a couple dick cops, but overall? Pretty good folks. Me? I think anyone getting fucked with/shot at/chased down by the police probably have some reason to be fucked with. They don't fuck with me, or anybody I know because people I know and myself don't do criminal shit.

                                                      When I get pulled over I calmly do as the officer asks. If he says "get out of the vehicle" I get out of the vehicle. If he asks for paperwork, I calmly hand him the paperwork. If he asks me to sit in the cruiser while we complete paperwork, I calmly sit in the cruiser. I drive for a living (sorta) and I've spent lots of time in cop cars doing paperwork. I've had multiple LEO from all sorts of jurisdictions/agencies ask me if I'm armed, which I always answer "I am. I have a concealed carry permit if you'd like to see it." The general response is "no, that's fine, I don't need to see it." I did have a Ft. Worth cop say "well if you don't show me yours, I won't show you mine."

                                                      Now, is this because I'm white? Maybe, but I doubt it. I can look pretty scruffy, have some tats, and oftentimes dress like a ragamuffin. Still, they don't fuck with me. Why? Because I simply do as they ask, comply with their instructions, and go on my merry way. I don't understand why this concept is so difficult. Cop says "get out of the vehicle" and you go "fuck you pig, and reach for your glove box?" Well, you'll probably get shot. DOH.
                                                      You said I watch too much Dr Phil or Oprah. Then proceed to say almost the exact same thing I said minus the “do as they say part.”

                                                      The only difference I really see is, while I do support the police, I dont automatically assume theyre acting within the boundaries of the law. Too many instances of abuse to all citizens that includes a middle aged white man, an elderly couple, a cancer patient, a disabled Air Force vet and a marine vet

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by S00nerJay View Post

                                                        You said I watch too much Dr Phil or Oprah. Then proceed to say almost the exact same thing I said minus the “do as they say part.”

                                                        The only difference I really see is, while I do support the police, I dont automatically assume theyre acting within the boundaries of the law. Too many instances of abuse to all citizens that includes a middle aged white man, an elderly couple, a cancer patient, a disabled Air Force vet and a marine vet
                                                        You just shot yourself in the face here. Thousands and thousands and thousands of police interact with thousands and thousands of citizens every day without any issues. Yet here you are, culling out the "white man, the old folks, the sick person, and the disabled vets." Where'd you hear about these complete outlying anomalies? Probably on Oprah or CNN or the View.

                                                        I DO assume they're operating within the boundaries of the law as they are sworn to do. That's because 99.999% of them are. That was the whole point of my Dr. Phil/Oprah comment. They dredge up some juicy story, put it on the TV, and people go "see, cops are all fucked up man. They beat up a disabled vet!"

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                          Pretty simplified version of "reality?" Your post reads like you watch too much Dr. Phil or Oprah.

                                                          There's dicks/racists/bullies in every profession. There's also great people in every profession. Here's the rub: to start, I have no clue of the actual numbers, but I'm sure someone will care enough to dredge them up, but anyhow, what percentage of police shootings/beatings/whatever are legitimate cases of negligence or purposeful brutality? My guess is very, very few. Now, what percentage of cases where a white officer shoots a black criminal are sensationalized, rioted over, and then white cop is found not guilty? Then, what percentage of white cop OR black cop shooting white criminal are sensationalized, rioted over, etc?

                                                          I get what you're trying to say, but it isn't really the case. Per se. Me? I support the police and think they by and large do a great job. Yes, I've personally known a couple dick cops, but overall? Pretty good folks. Me? I think anyone getting fucked with/shot at/chased down by the police probably have some reason to be fucked with. They don't fuck with me, or anybody I know because people I know and myself don't do criminal shit.

                                                          When I get pulled over I calmly do as the officer asks. If he says "get out of the vehicle" I get out of the vehicle. If he asks for paperwork, I calmly hand him the paperwork. If he asks me to sit in the cruiser while we complete paperwork, I calmly sit in the cruiser. I drive for a living (sorta) and I've spent lots of time in cop cars doing paperwork. I've had multiple LEO from all sorts of jurisdictions/agencies ask me if I'm armed, which I always answer "I am. I have a concealed carry permit if you'd like to see it." The general response is "no, that's fine, I don't need to see it." I did have a Ft. Worth cop say "well if you don't show me yours, I won't show you mine."

                                                          Now, is this because I'm white? Maybe, but I doubt it. I can look pretty scruffy, have some tats, and oftentimes dress like a ragamuffin. Still, they don't fuck with me. Why? Because I simply do as they ask, comply with their instructions, and go on my merry way. I don't understand why this concept is so difficult. Cop says "get out of the vehicle" and you go "fuck you pig, and reach for your glove box?" Well, you'll probably get shot. DOH.
                                                          Well, they don’t fuck with you because they know they’d beat your scrawny little ass. :peace sign #laugh

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                            You just shot yourself in the face here. Thousands and thousands and thousands of police interact with thousands and thousands of citizens every day without any issues. Yet here you are, culling out the "white man, the old folks, the sick person, and the disabled vets." Where'd you hear about these complete outlying anomalies? Probably on Oprah or CNN or the View.

                                                            I DO assume they're operating within the boundaries of the law as they are sworn to do. That's because 99.999% of them are. That was the whole point of my Dr. Phil/Oprah comment. They dredge up some juicy story, put it on the TV, and people go "see, cops are all fucked up man. They beat up a disabled vet!"

                                                            If anyone shot themselves in the face here, it wasnt me. First, you say the vet was an anomaly….then you say I mustve got it from CNN. (I wouldnt go as far to call them anomalies. But I agree that theyre rare. But thats not the point. Whether they “rare” or an “anomoly” is irrelevant.) You automatically become defensive because you assume any mention of possible abuse of power has to be a liberal agenda driven attack on the police. Then you go into two long spiels repeating things Ive already pointed out, not realizing the point was not about the police, but about the conclusions people reach before hearing any details of the scenario and maintaining that position even in the face of information that suggests otherwise. I know the automatic response is, “Yeah, but who is suggesting otherwise?” I would agree with that and that’s a good point. But people seldom look at the “facts” that support their initial reaction with the same scrutiny as the “facts” that are against it.


                                                            Objective information can be hard to find bc the majority of news comes from a biased perspective and Ive seen people point out flaws of debunk claims and debunk a debunk. So yes, it can be difficult finding unbiased facts, but it’s pretty clear when something is deliberately misrepresented to create a false narrative. That’s the nature of politics and Ive seen both parties do this.

                                                            You assume I get my info from CNN. The irony is I am conservative. I just dont blindly follow the red party bc of the nature of politics and there are instances when being right is more important than what is right. And while I dont get my information from CNN, I dont base it on Fox News either.


                                                            Everything you pointed out, I pretty much agree with and already inferred by saying that most cops are good, hardworking people who have a dangerous, thankless job. Let me repeat bc for whatever reason, that point is not sinking in with you. MOST. COPS. ARE. GOOD. HARDWORKING. PEOPLE. Ive said that 3 times now, so hopefully you dont need to make a third post explaining to me how most cops are good people.


                                                            But…to go back to the anomaly thing. I think the instance I was referring to is becoming more and more of issue and would be more than an anomaly. If you want to have a looksie, search for Forbes (conservative leaning publication) article titled “Retiree who had $82,000 life savings seized sues TSA and DEA for violating the 4th amendment.” Id post a link, but the site has rules about linking articles.


                                                            Or the instance of the Iraq/Afghanistan veteran. In the veterans case, he got his property back after it became a national story. But whether he got it back or not is irrelevant bc the seizure was a Constitutional violation to begin with.
                                                            https://youtu.be/MkeS_0NQUZs

                                                            EDIT: I didnt watch the clip before submitting and assumed it was the same one I had seen previously. The one I posted has a lot of added commentary which is obviously advocating for the guy pulled over. The one I watched when I learned about this was just video of the incident, which can be found online but its no longer on youtube. So while I agree with the commentary, it’s not what I used to base my opinion. Facts can be found in Stephen Lara vs Drug Enforcement Agency case filing. Also dont know why the font came out so big

                                                            Last edited by S00nerJay; 05-06-2022, 08:54 AM.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                              It's amazing what growing up does to one's opinions, no? I hated all cops when I was a POS criminal druggy. It was amazing how all of the sudden the cops were great people when I put down the bong, bought auto insurance, had unexpired tags on my truck, and simply pulled over, handed him my license, insurance and registration without mouthing off.

                                                              Unfortunately, some people never outgrow their childhood habits and therefore never outgrow their hatred for cops. I back the blue.
                                                              I have never understood people who get upset when they get pulled over for speeding. One of my relatives has this issue. He gets mad because he's breaking the law and gets caught. I just laugh and say slow down. It's not that hard.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by S00nerJay View Post


                                                                If anyone shot themselves in the face here, it wasnt me. First, you say the vet was an anomaly….then you say I mustve got it from CNN. (I wouldnt go as far to call them anomalies. But I agree that theyre rare. But thats not the point. Whether they “rare” or an “anomoly” is irrelevant.) You automatically become defensive because you assume any mention of possible abuse of power has to be a liberal agenda driven attack on the police. Then you go into two long spiels repeating things Ive already pointed out, not realizing the point was not about the police, but about the conclusions people reach before hearing any details of the scenario and maintaining that position even in the face of information that suggests otherwise. I know the automatic response is, “Yeah, but who is suggesting otherwise?” I would agree with that and that’s a good point. But people seldom look at the “facts” that support their initial reaction with the same scrutiny as the “facts” that are against it.


                                                                Objective information can be hard to find bc the majority of news comes from a biased perspective and Ive seen people point out flaws of debunk claims and debunk a debunk. So yes, it can be difficult finding unbiased facts, but it’s pretty clear when something is deliberately misrepresented to create a false narrative. That’s the nature of politics and Ive seen both parties do this.

                                                                You assume I get my info from CNN. The irony is I am conservative. I just dont blindly follow the red party bc of the nature of politics and there are instances when being right is more important than what is right. And while I dont get my information from CNN, I dont base it on Fox News either.


                                                                Everything you pointed out, I pretty much agree with and already inferred by saying that most cops are good, hardworking people who have a dangerous, thankless job. Let me repeat bc for whatever reason, that point is not sinking in with you. MOST. COPS. ARE. GOOD. HARDWORKING. PEOPLE. Ive said that 3 times now, so hopefully you dont need to make a third post explaining to me how most cops are good people.


                                                                But…to go back to the anomaly thing. I think the instance I was referring to is becoming more and more of issue and would be more than an anomaly. If you want to have a looksie, search for Forbes (conservative leaning publication) article titled “Retiree who had $82,000 life savings seized sues TSA and DEA for violating the 4th amendment.” Id post a link, but the site has rules about linking articles.


                                                                Or the instance of the Iraq/Afghanistan veteran. In the veterans case, he got his property back after it became a national story. But whether he got it back or not is irrelevant bc the seizure was a Constitutional violation to begin with.
                                                                https://youtu.be/MkeS_0NQUZs

                                                                EDIT: I didnt watch the clip before submitting and assumed it was the same one I had seen previously. The one I posted has a lot of added commentary which is obviously advocating for the guy pulled over. The one I watched when I learned about this was just video of the incident, which can be found online but its no longer on youtube. So while I agree with the commentary, it’s not what I used to base my opinion. Facts can be found in Stephen Lara vs Drug Enforcement Agency case filing. Also dont know why the font came out so big
                                                                Tl;dr

                                                                don’t get your bloody pants in a wad.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Hearing that Sooner Dairy Lunch will be closing for good at the end of the month. Another Norman staple gone.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Boomer..... View Post
                                                                    Hearing that Sooner Dairy Lunch will be closing for good at the end of the month. Another Norman staple gone.
                                                                    Not surprising. They had a good run and really tasty food, but I imagine the owners are three generations deep in that place now. Probably nobody in the family wants to work that hard for minimal return. End of an era.

                                                                    Comment



                                                                      Sidecar craft cocktail bar, Hatch Early Mood Food to anchor new Main Street building

                                                                      These will be huge draws for downtown.


                                                                      Comment


                                                                        1stTimeCaller - where do you stand on the Norman teacher who was fired for leaking reports of threats made by a student to the media?

                                                                        Live Free or Die!

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                                          1stTimeCaller - where do you stand on the Norman teacher who was fired for leaking reports of threats made by a student to the media?
                                                                          That sounds like a pretty shitty situation. I just read a KFOR article that said the district determined that there was no threat, but Norman PD said there was.

                                                                          Just another reason why I'm glad that my kids will never go to "traditional" school.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

                                                                            That sounds like a pretty shitty situation. I just read a KFOR article that said the district determined that there was no threat, but Norman PD said there was.

                                                                            Just another reason why I'm glad that my kids will never go to "traditional" school.
                                                                            I would really like to know more.

                                                                            Was the person the made the threat identified?

                                                                            If so, was he / she allowed to remain in school?

                                                                            Was he / she referred for psychiatric treatment?

                                                                            Live Free or Die!

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

                                                                              I would really like to know more.

                                                                              Was the person the made the threat identified?

                                                                              If so, was he / she allowed to remain in school?

                                                                              Was he / she referred for psychiatric treatment?
                                                                              Since the school said that there wasn't a threat, I imagine that if they identified who wrote that stuff he was allowed to remain on campus.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                                                1stTimeCaller - where do you stand on the Norman teacher who was fired for leaking reports of threats made by a student to the media?
                                                                                without any inside info, I’d say he was rightfully fired. He was an activist teacher who had beef with the Superintendent and thought this was his gotcha moment to get the Super in trouble. The teacher’s Facebook page is littered with far left activism stuff. He sent the picture to a local LGBTQIASDFGHJKL+ activist and hour after he notified an assistant principal. He simply violated FERPA so the Admin had him dead to right to come after him and fire him.

                                                                                he greatly miscalculated his odds.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

                                                                                  I would really like to know more.

                                                                                  Was the person the made the threat identified?

                                                                                  If so, was he / she allowed to remain in school?

                                                                                  Was he / she referred for psychiatric treatment?
                                                                                  they haven’t found the person yet, according to a Facebook post by board member and far left political person Linda Sexton. She’s the board member who said kids who came to school without masks were murderers. She also hasn’t lived in Norman for about the past 6 months.

                                                                                  Id love to see a link to Bushy’s article because I’ve never read or heard that NPD said the threat was credible.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Boomer..... View Post
                                                                                    As an eggs Benedict connoisseur, Hatch > Neighborhood Jam

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Boomer..... View Post
                                                                                      Why does everything have to be "craft" or "bespoke" these days?

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post

                                                                                        they haven’t found the person yet, according to a Facebook post by board member and far left political person Linda Sexton. She’s the board member who said kids who came to school without masks were murderers. She also hasn’t lived in Norman for about the past 6 months.

                                                                                        Id love to see a link to Bushy’s article because I’ve never read or heard that NPD said the threat was credible.
                                                                                        https://kfor.com/news/local/norman-p...hit-list-leak/

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          The police must not have been very thorough in their initial investigation. They weren't even aware of the hit list until KFOR showed them the picture.

                                                                                          The administration sent the email to the parents before the police knew about the hit list.


                                                                                          Norman police originally said an investigation was underway and “we are not aware of a hit list connected to the threat, and there is no known racial component at this time.” After KFOR shared the pictures with them, they said they had not seen them and they are “now a part of our ongoing investigation.”


                                                                                          Here is the text of the email:


                                                                                          KFOR also reached out to the Norman School District. They sent us a copy of what was originally sent out to parents with students in the district. That can be read in part below:
                                                                                          “Parents, I’m writing to share that on Thursday, administrators at Norman High School were made aware of threatening messages written on a bathroom wall. We immediately notified the Norman Police Department which investigated this issue and determined that the threat was NOT credible. Again, there is no credible threat to the school. I wanted to inform you all of what we know. We understand pictures of these messages are circulating on social media. We take threats of any kind seriously, and the safety of your child is our top priority. Any individual making threats against a school is subject to disciplinary action in accordance with Norman Board of Education policy and to potential prosecution under the law.”
                                                                                          NORMAN SCHOOL DISTRICT

                                                                                          However, KFOR reached back out to Norman police to confirm if the threats were found “not credible.” Norman police said that was not true. They added that they are not willing to confirm that because the situation is still under investigation.
                                                                                          Norman High School will have an increased police presence Friday after a series of threats were strewn on a bathroom wall along with racial slurs and profanities.
                                                                                          Live Free or Die!

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Additional threats were found the following week, but no communication had been sent as of this story being published.

                                                                                            Keep in mind, all this stuff happened back in February. Other than the one teacher being fired this week, I haven't seen any other follow up information.
                                                                                            More threats were found at Norman High School Tuesday after other threats were found written on a bathroom stall last Thursday.
                                                                                            Live Free or Die!

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post

                                                                                              they haven’t found the person yet, according to a Facebook post by board member and far left political person Linda Sexton. She’s the board member who said kids who came to school without masks were murderers. She also hasn’t lived in Norman for about the past 6 months.

                                                                                              Id love to see a link to Bushy’s article because I’ve never read or heard that NPD said the threat was credible.
                                                                                              After reading the statements from NPD, they claim they never said the threats were not credible, but they never said they were credible either. Only "under investigation."

                                                                                              But this all happened in February, so new information could have come out since.
                                                                                              Live Free or Die!

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

                                                                                                After reading the statements from NPD, they claim they never said the threats were not credible, but they never said they were credible either. Only "under investigation."

                                                                                                But this all happened in February, so new information could have come out since.
                                                                                                Sounds like the teacher deserved to be fired, but the school administration has issues with how they handled this as well.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  I don’t know what kind of person this unemployed teacher is or has been in the past, but it is evident to me that the leadership at NPS did precisely what he said they would do. They literally and figuratively whitewashed and covered up the threats.

                                                                                                  Even more disturbing it reads like the school board is participating in conspiracy with the administrators. If the teacher’s termination is justifiable, then the superintendent and the lying-her-ass-off principal should go down too.

                                                                                                  It was a different administration at the same high school who ten years or so back tried everything they could think of to cover up a series of rapes and sexual assaults that took place right in the school building! They only confronted the problem after students walked out and the community walked a picket line. That’s seriously unsettling.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    On a different note. Very disappointed that Notorious Pie closed on downtown main. Where else can I get pizza by the slice now in Norman?

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Bk2X View Post
                                                                                                      On a different note. Very disappointed that Notorious Pie closed on downtown main. Where else can I get pizza by the slice now in Norman?
                                                                                                      New York Pizza on campus corner?

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Go To Top

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1