NY TIMES PURCHASES WORDLE

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Never heard of it

Comment

Originally posted by Bk2X View Post
      Never heard of it
      It's growth rate made Omicron jealous.

Comment

I think today's word is more difficult than Monday's and Tuesday's. But got it on the third attempt.

Comment

Teh end timez is nie uponus

Comment

New York Times and wordle. Two things I've never seen or read, and as for wordle? Never heard of it.

Comment

America's newest addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                wordle? Never heard of it.
                Whenever you first heard "Google" you could have said the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

Whenever you first heard "Google" you could have said the same thing.
                  Whenever you first heard analingus you could have said the same thing. I'm not sure what your point is? Is this wordle really a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

Whenever you first heard analingus you could have said the same thing. I'm not sure what your point is? Is this wordle really a thing?
                    Well, you can go to the original post and play it to see if it's a thing. No NY Times subscription necessary. But I would wait until tomorrow's game. Today's is really hard.

Comment

Well, you can go to the original post and play it to see if it's a thing. No NY Times subscription necessary. But I would wait until tomorrow's game. Today's is really hard.
                      I got it on line 4? (I don't know the correct terminology. I guessed 3 words and got it on the 4th)

This is only the 2nd day I've played, so maybe I had beginners luck.

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post

I got it on line 4? (I don't know the correct terminology. I guessed 3 words and got it on the 4th)

This is only the 2nd day I've played, so maybe I had beginners luck.
                        4 or less is very good!

Comment

only done that once, and got it on the fifth try. kinda fun.

Comment

There is luck involved, no doubt, primarily in how your first word entry contains letter/positions that match. After that, it's mostly skill/knowledge, with a bit of luck.

Comment

struggled with today's word, but got it in four tries.

I knew a certain letter didn't go where I put it when I tried the third time, but I was running out of patience and had to try something. more lucky than good.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                struggled with today's word, but got it in four tries.

I knew a certain letter didn't go where I put it when I tried the third time, but I was running out of patience and had to try something. more lucky than good.
                                For me, I was lucky on the first word. I had the 2nd and 5th letters in the correct slots.

Second word had three letters in correct positions and the other two in incorrect positions.

So got it on third attempt.

Comment

I've now played 4 times and have been successful 4 times. Fun game. Do you all start with the same word every day? (I do, just checking)

Comment

I've now played 4 times and have been successful 4 times. Fun game. Do you all start with the same word every day? (I do, just checking)
                                    No wonder you've gotten it right all 4 times.

Comment

No, I try different words, but I always use a word with 5 different letters with only one or two vowels.

Finally got today's on the 6th one.
                                      Last edited by NoCalSooner; 02-07-2022, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I do, I've solved it every time except the first (me being a dumbass thought the letters they were showing in the instructions at the beginning were clues to get you started).

Comment

Originally posted by SlaughtervilleSooner View Post

I do, I've solved it every time except the first (me being a dumbass thought the letters they were showing in the instructions at the beginning were clues to get you started).
                                          hmm, I don't know what letters you are referring to. Apparently I'm being a dumbass too.

Comment

hmm, I don't know what letters you are referring to. Apparently I'm being a dumbass too.
                                            It was the very first time I clicked the link, I don't see them now.

Comment

Attempted today for first time. First guess was WORTH. Second, GRADE. Third, FRAME. That was the word - FRAME. Cute game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis Skolnick View Post
                                                Attempted today for first time. First guess was WORTH. Second, GRADE. Third, FRAME. That was the word - FRAME. Cute game.
                                                SPOILERI got it in first attempt. FRAME.

Please use spoiler alert if you're talking details of today's word.
                                                Last edited by NoCalSooner; 02-08-2022, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I just read an article that said "crane" is one of the best words to start. it said "sloth" is also a good choice for your second, given it has a lot of recurring letters.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                                    I just read an article that said "crane" is one of the best words to start. it said "sloth" is also a good choice for your second, given it has a lot of recurring letters.
                                                    I was thinking about that: Which words have the most high-frequency letters among all five letter words.

Comment

I was thinking about that: Which words have the most high-frequency letters among all five letter words.
                                                      I've been starting with scare, I would think s would be a more common letter than n in crane (I really have no idea though). I do need a good second word for the cases where scare hasn't provided much insight. I used dummy for today's word since I felt dumb because I couldn't think of a word and it actually worked out.

Comment

R S T L N E

Comment

SPOILERI got it in first attempt. FRAME.

Please use spoiler alert if you're talking details of today's word.
                                                          Oh. Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixer! View Post
                                                            R S T L N E
                                                            So not to confuse others by the joking .... It has to be a real five letter word. Not just an assortment of letters.

Comment

So not to confuse others by the joking .... It has to be a real five letter word. Not just an assortment of letters.
                                                              S T E R N

Comment

I use S T I N K as my first word. Got my inspiration from Lincoln.

Comment

I started with FUCKS today and it took me 5 to nail it.

Comment

H-O-R-N-Y

Comment

I've started with C-H-A-O-S several times and I usually get two or three letters from that.

Comment

I started with FUCKS today and it took me 5 to nail it.
                                                                        Better than a 2 pump chump.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixer! View Post

S T E R N
                                                                          *Sternn!!!

btw, that's Eugene Levy as the voice of Captain Sternn.

Comment

I've yet to use more than three attempts.
                                                                            Last edited by Lewis Skolnick; 02-15-2022, 11:43 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Lewis Skolnick View Post
                                                                              I've yet to use more than three attempts.
                                                                              Last edited by Lewis Skolnick; 02-15-2022, 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

Ok, you have one more.

Comment

#40

Last edited by Lewis Skolnick; 02-15-2022, 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

Ok, you have one more.
                                                                                Second attempt today.

SPOILERW A T ER
                                                                                C A U L K

Comment

#41
                                                                                  today's was hard!

SPOILER

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Today's: Wordle 277 3/6

Yesterday's was more difficult I thought. Took me 5 attempts.

I think the most difficult are ones which have one or letters appearing more than once. Like "vivid."
                                                                                    Last edited by NoCalSooner; 03-23-2022, 11:32 AM.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      There was one not long ago that had too many possibilities. I'd gotten all but one letter and spent my last several attempts trying to get it. It ended in "atch" so I was guessing watch, latch, catch, match, hatch, batch. I don't remember what the real answer was now.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by traxx View Post
                                                                                        There was one not long ago that had too many possibilities. I'd gotten all but one letter and spent my last several attempts trying to get it. It ended in "atch" so I was guessing watch, latch, catch, match, hatch, batch. I don't remember what the real answer was now.
                                                                                        Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't think of the specifics, but I have on occasion, tried a word I knew couldn't be the answer but it helped me with the following try.

For example, if you try "black" you learn if b or l or c is the missing letter the the _atch word.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I have on occasion, tried a word I knew couldn't be the answer but it helped me with the following try.
                                                                                          I do the same thing sometimes. If I've already been told there's no T in it, I might still try a word with a T because it'll give me information on the placement of letters or it'll give me information on new letters I haven't tried yet.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Holy Fuck! Today's word dumbfounded me through 4 tries. Couldn't think of any word that might work. But finally got it in five.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Holy Fuck! Today's word dumbfounded me through 4 tries. Couldn't think of any word that might work. But finally got it in five.
                                                                                              My son was watching over my shoulder and helped me. Good thing too bc I was struggling to think of a word that would fit.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by traxx View Post

My son was watching over my shoulder and helped me. Good thing too bc I was struggling to think of a word that would fit.
                                                                                                Did you wonder why your son is familiar with that word?

Comment

#49

Did you wonder why your son is familiar with that word?
                                                                                                  Well I do now.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1