Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY TIMES PURCHASES WORDLE

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    NY TIMES PURCHASES WORDLE

    https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

    #2
    Never heard of it

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Bk2X View Post
      Never heard of it
      It's growth rate made Omicron jealous.

      Comment


        #4
        I think today's word is more difficult than Monday's and Tuesday's. But got it on the third attempt.

        Comment


          #5
          Teh end timez is nie uponus

          Comment


            #6
            New York Times and wordle. Two things I've never seen or read, and as for wordle? Never heard of it.

            Comment


              #7
              America's newest addiction.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                wordle? Never heard of it.
                Whenever you first heard "Google" you could have said the same thing.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

                  Whenever you first heard "Google" you could have said the same thing.
                  Whenever you first heard analingus you could have said the same thing. I'm not sure what your point is? Is this wordle really a thing?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                    Whenever you first heard analingus you could have said the same thing. I'm not sure what your point is? Is this wordle really a thing?
                    Well, you can go to the original post and play it to see if it's a thing. No NY Times subscription necessary. But I would wait until tomorrow's game. Today's is really hard.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

                      Well, you can go to the original post and play it to see if it's a thing. No NY Times subscription necessary. But I would wait until tomorrow's game. Today's is really hard.
                      I got it on line 4? (I don't know the correct terminology. I guessed 3 words and got it on the 4th)

                      This is only the 2nd day I've played, so maybe I had beginners luck.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by keef View Post

                        I got it on line 4? (I don't know the correct terminology. I guessed 3 words and got it on the 4th)

                        This is only the 2nd day I've played, so maybe I had beginners luck.
                        4 or less is very good!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          only done that once, and got it on the fifth try. kinda fun.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            There is luck involved, no doubt, primarily in how your first word entry contains letter/positions that match. After that, it's mostly skill/knowledge, with a bit of luck.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              struggled with today's word, but got it in four tries.

                              I knew a certain letter didn't go where I put it when I tried the third time, but I was running out of patience and had to try something. more lucky than good.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                struggled with today's word, but got it in four tries.

                                I knew a certain letter didn't go where I put it when I tried the third time, but I was running out of patience and had to try something. more lucky than good.
                                For me, I was lucky on the first word. I had the 2nd and 5th letters in the correct slots.

                                Second word had three letters in correct positions and the other two in incorrect positions.

                                So got it on third attempt.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  I've now played 4 times and have been successful 4 times. Fun game. Do you all start with the same word every day? (I do, just checking)

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by keef View Post
                                    I've now played 4 times and have been successful 4 times. Fun game. Do you all start with the same word every day? (I do, just checking)
                                    No wonder you've gotten it right all 4 times.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by keef View Post
                                      I've now played 4 times and have been successful 4 times. Fun game. Do you all start with the same word every day? (I do, just checking)
                                      No, I try different words, but I always use a word with 5 different letters with only one or two vowels.


                                      Finally got today's on the 6th one.
                                      Last edited by NoCalSooner; 02-07-2022, 11:26 AM.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by keef View Post
                                        I've now played 4 times and have been successful 4 times. Fun game. Do you all start with the same word every day? (I do, just checking)
                                        I do, I've solved it every time except the first (me being a dumbass thought the letters they were showing in the instructions at the beginning were clues to get you started).

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by SlaughtervilleSooner View Post

                                          I do, I've solved it every time except the first (me being a dumbass thought the letters they were showing in the instructions at the beginning were clues to get you started).
                                          hmm, I don't know what letters you are referring to. Apparently I'm being a dumbass too.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by keef View Post

                                            hmm, I don't know what letters you are referring to. Apparently I'm being a dumbass too.
                                            It was the very first time I clicked the link, I don't see them now.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Attempted today for first time. First guess was WORTH. Second, GRADE. Third, FRAME. That was the word - FRAME. Cute game.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by Lewis Skolnick View Post
                                                Attempted today for first time. First guess was WORTH. Second, GRADE. Third, FRAME. That was the word - FRAME. Cute game.
                                                SPOILERI got it in first attempt. FRAME.

                                                Please use spoiler alert if you're talking details of today's word.
                                                Last edited by NoCalSooner; 02-08-2022, 05:16 PM.

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  I just read an article that said "crane" is one of the best words to start. it said "sloth" is also a good choice for your second, given it has a lot of recurring letters.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                                    I just read an article that said "crane" is one of the best words to start. it said "sloth" is also a good choice for your second, given it has a lot of recurring letters.
                                                    I was thinking about that: Which words have the most high-frequency letters among all five letter words.

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

                                                      I was thinking about that: Which words have the most high-frequency letters among all five letter words.
                                                      I've been starting with scare, I would think s would be a more common letter than n in crane (I really have no idea though). I do need a good second word for the cases where scare hasn't provided much insight. I used dummy for today's word since I felt dumb because I couldn't think of a word and it actually worked out.

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        R S T L N E

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

                                                          SPOILERI got it in first attempt. FRAME.

                                                          Please use spoiler alert if you're talking details of today's word.
                                                          Oh. Ok.

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            Originally posted by Mixer! View Post
                                                            R S T L N E
                                                            So not to confuse others by the joking .... It has to be a real five letter word. Not just an assortment of letters.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

                                                              So not to confuse others by the joking .... It has to be a real five letter word. Not just an assortment of letters.
                                                              S T E R N

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                I use S T I N K as my first word. Got my inspiration from Lincoln.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  I started with FUCKS today and it took me 5 to nail it.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    H-O-R-N-Y

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35
                                                                      I've started with C-H-A-O-S several times and I usually get two or three letters from that.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post
                                                                        I started with FUCKS today and it took me 5 to nail it.
                                                                        Better than a 2 pump chump.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          Originally posted by Mixer! View Post

                                                                          S T E R N
                                                                          *Sternn!!!



                                                                          btw, that's Eugene Levy as the voice of Captain Sternn.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            I've yet to use more than three attempts.
                                                                            Last edited by Lewis Skolnick; 02-15-2022, 11:43 AM. Reason: typo

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Lewis Skolnick View Post
                                                                              I've yet to use more than three attempts.
                                                                              Last edited by Lewis Skolnick; 02-15-2022, 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

                                                                              Ok, you have one more.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

                                                                                Last edited by Lewis Skolnick; 02-15-2022, 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

                                                                                Ok, you have one more.
                                                                                Second attempt today.

                                                                                SPOILERW A T ER
                                                                                C A U L K

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  today's was hard!

                                                                                  SPOILER

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    Today's: Wordle 277 3/6

                                                                                    Yesterday's was more difficult I thought. Took me 5 attempts.

                                                                                    I think the most difficult are ones which have one or letters appearing more than once. Like "vivid."
                                                                                    Last edited by NoCalSooner; 03-23-2022, 11:32 AM.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      There was one not long ago that had too many possibilities. I'd gotten all but one letter and spent my last several attempts trying to get it. It ended in "atch" so I was guessing watch, latch, catch, match, hatch, batch. I don't remember what the real answer was now.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by traxx View Post
                                                                                        There was one not long ago that had too many possibilities. I'd gotten all but one letter and spent my last several attempts trying to get it. It ended in "atch" so I was guessing watch, latch, catch, match, hatch, batch. I don't remember what the real answer was now.
                                                                                        Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't think of the specifics, but I have on occasion, tried a word I knew couldn't be the answer but it helped me with the following try.

                                                                                        For example, if you try "black" you learn if b or l or c is the missing letter the the _atch word.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post
                                                                                          I have on occasion, tried a word I knew couldn't be the answer but it helped me with the following try.
                                                                                          I do the same thing sometimes. If I've already been told there's no T in it, I might still try a word with a T because it'll give me information on the placement of letters or it'll give me information on new letters I haven't tried yet.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            Holy Fuck! Today's word dumbfounded me through 4 tries. Couldn't think of any word that might work. But finally got it in five.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post
                                                                                              Holy Fuck! Today's word dumbfounded me through 4 tries. Couldn't think of any word that might work. But finally got it in five.
                                                                                              My son was watching over my shoulder and helped me. Good thing too bc I was struggling to think of a word that would fit.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by traxx View Post

                                                                                                My son was watching over my shoulder and helped me. Good thing too bc I was struggling to think of a word that would fit.
                                                                                                Did you wonder why your son is familiar with that word?

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

                                                                                                  Did you wonder why your son is familiar with that word?
                                                                                                  Well I do now.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    .



                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Go To Top

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1