Click image for larger version

Name:	Wordle-Word-Today-Jan-21-Wordle-216-Answer.png
Views:	148
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	998946.

Comment

5️⃣3️⃣
      7️⃣6️⃣

Today's quordle was one of the easiest, I thought. One that had "epoxy" the other day took me to my last try to nail it.

Comment

This game is a farce.

Comment

Originally posted by SiggyPoke View Post
          This game is a farce.
          Mods, ban user please.

Comment

Have no idea how I got today's wordle. I was down to my 4th try, had three letters, all in the wrong place, then it just came to me.

Comment

Ive lucked out twice in the last few days. The day the word was "Gecko" i practically had nothing after 3 lines. I think i had a green E and thats all. Was geting anxious about it. I find, as with other things, if you get stuck put it down and come back to it later. Gives you a fresh perspective.

People who play video games a lot say this as well. Like if they get to some big boss fight and they get their ass kicked 50 times in a row.... then they turn it off and wait til the next day or whatever, they often come back and beat the boss in 1 try.

Comment

Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post

Ive lucked out twice in the last few days. The day the word was "Gecko" i practically had nothing after 3 lines. I think i had a green E and thats all. Was geting anxious about it. I find, as with other things, if you get stuck put it down and come back to it later. Gives you a fresh perspective.

People who play video games a lot say this as well. Like if they get to some big boss fight and they get their ass kicked 50 times in a row.... then they turn it off and wait til the next day or whatever, they often come back and beat the boss in 1 try.
                As an aging gamer nerd, I can verify that method has often worked for me.

Comment

100 game streak broken today.

Comment

https://octordle.com/?fbclid=IwAR0RU...xQc&mode=daily

Comment

Cool. I got off to a great start, then hit a drought, but was able to get all eight using all 13 attempts.

Comment

best I've ever done on octordle. Nailed all 8 in 10.

Daily Octordle

Spoiler alert

GECKO - WHELP
                        TIMID - ENNUI
                        AUNTY - SOUTH
                        TERRA - GAMUT

Comment

6️⃣4️⃣
                          5️⃣3️⃣

Got all four words in quordle in 6 attempts. That felt good.

Comment

Spoiler alert on Quordle for Monday, July 11.

SPOILERDown to my last word, with two tries left. I knew it was SA _ _ Y. Could be Sassy, Saggy, or Savvy. Three possibilities but only two tries left.

So I went with GIVEN. When the V showed green, I knew my savvy strategy worked.

Comment

Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post
                              Spoiler alert on Quordle for Monday, July 11.

SPOILERDown to my last word, with two tries left. I knew it was SA _ _ Y. Could be Sassy, Saggy, or Savvy. Three possibilities but only two tries left.

So I went with GIVEN. When the V showed green, I knew my savvy strategy worked.
                              I think there is a difficult mode you can use that prohibits you from using letters already used twice. But good job. That one got me

Comment

Never heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post
                                  Never heard of it.
                                  Four Wordles simultaneously, with 9 attempts.

https://www.quordle.com/#/

Comment

Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

Four Wordles simultaneously, with 9 attempts.

https://www.quordle.com/#/
                                    Still never heard of it.

Comment

Still never heard of it.
                                      Hearing not required.

Comment

Still never heard of it.
                                        You'll see a note in your programs that the role of sly will be played by me and my butt tonight. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post

You'll see a note in your programs that the role of sly will be played by me and my butt tonight. Sorry for any inconvenience.
                                          Whoa ace, those are fighting words.

Comment

Whoa ace, those are fighting words.

Comment

...aaaaaaand traxx broke the board's format.

Comment

like the fonz, wordle jumps the shark.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/14/busin...ame/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                                  like the fonz, wordle jumps the shark.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/14/busin...ame/index.html

Comment

Last night, my last word for Octordle was a real bitch for me.

I had two attempts left and all I had was: _ E _ A _

Couldn't think of anything that would work with my unused letters.

So I just used some of the unused letters for my next word which gave me _ E B A _ .

Still couldn't think of a word. So I shifted into Piaget's formal operational mode and started trying every possible permutation. I finally hit it. kebab.

Comment

Posted a comment about today's wordle then thought I'd better hide it in case someone hadn't done it!

SPOILERToday's wordle had 2 same vowels and 2 same consonants. Those are tricky!

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerMBA View Post
                                                        Posted a comment about today's wordle then thought I'd better hide it in case someone hadn't done it!

SPOILERToday's wordle had 2 same vowels and 2 same consonants. Those are tricky!
                                                        Thanks, I haven't done it yet. Will now.

I usually get octordle within 13 attempts, but yesterday I lost. Last word had a and g, and I didn't know in which slots. Turned out to be gamma. That was a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerMBA View Post

SPOILERI got it in 6. I had MOT__ __ and nothing worked with what I had on the keyboard. So I started thinking in terms of double uses. Those are usually more difficult.

Comment

First time I've played "sequenced" octordle. At first, I thought "no way." Took me 4 attempts for first word and then didn't get the second word until 7th attempt. Then everything fell into place. Got the next ones in the sequence each new attempt. Needed 13 all total and they give you 15 attempts.

Now I have Wordle, Quordle, Octordle, and Sequenced Octordle every day for the rest of my life or at least until my first ruptured brain aneurysm.

https://octordle.com/daily-sequence

For the octordles, I suggest changing the settings to Wide Screen.

Comment

would have been way easier to get today's word had it been 1860.

but the internet came later, so, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                                                would have been way easier to get today's word had it been 1860.

but the internet came later, so, nevermind.
                                                                Yep. I had a 37 day winning streak going, that one got me. Buggy. Really?

Comment

I'm usually successful with the octordle, probably 95% of the time. My initial strategy had been: first two words with ten distinct letters. But in the last few days, I've refined it so that, additionally, all vowels appear in those first two words. I've been using alien and soupy. And then today, for example, one word had only a single "a" out of place. Nothing else. That gave me an opportunity to introduce four additional consonants and the a located differently: my third entry was TRACK. Got all eight words in 12 attempts.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                  X
                                                                  UA-124223861-1