This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arch Manning to Texas because WHAT???

"“I think he’s going to go to Texas,” Brockermeyer said. “I think Texas is somewhere where he can create his own special legacy. A team that hasn’t won a national championship since 2005."

So .. The top recruit of the class will go to Texas because they've sucked so long? Can these people even hear what they're saying?

https://usatodayhss.com/lists/friday...lstein-alabama

where dreams go to get wasted on Sixth Street.

Comment

Chriss Simms 2.0. Love it.

Comment

Texas, where the greats go to become irrelevant.

Comment

It'd be a mistake on his part. But whatever. It'll be fun beating a Manning.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.
            Live Free or Die!

Comment

Comment

If I was a head coach I wouldn't want him. I'm sure he is a good kid and football player but having his famous family around all the time telling you how to run your program wouldn't be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Thulsa Doom View Post
                  "“I think he’s going to go to Texas,” Brockermeyer said. “I think Texas is somewhere where he can create his own special legacy. A team that hasn’t won a national championship since 2005."

So .. The top recruit of the class will go to Texas because they've sucked so long? Can these people even hear what they're saying?

Isn't that pretty much what FULR did?

Comment

Brockermeyer’s a horn dude; played there in the early 90’s. It may happen, but until it does I’m taking anything he says with a grain of salt. On another note, it was beyond hilarious to sit back from afar and watch their fan base eat each other alive when his kids spurned UT for Bama.

Comment

Originally posted by OU Sam View Post
                      If I was a head coach I wouldn't want him. I'm sure he is a good kid and football player but having his famous family around all the time telling you how to run your program wouldn't be fun.
                      You obviously don't know the Mannings as NONE of them have EVER done this. When Peyton was at Tennessee, Phil Fulmer would ask Archie to come to the offensive staff meetings and Archie would fall asleep on the couch in the room. They are not control freaks. You should watch The Book of Manning to get a better sense of who they are.

Comment

Assuming he will be in Austin for two seasons at most, young Arch is banking on a lot of improvement at every position on the UT roster in a very short period of time or maybe he thinks there is going to be a huge dropoff in talent at bama, Clemson, tOSU, even OU this season or next.

Comment

Originally posted by Shitbird View Post
                          Assuming he will be in Austin for two seasons at most, young Arch is banking on a lot of improvement at every position on the UT roster in a very short period of time or maybe he thinks there is going to be a huge dropoff in talent at bama, Clemson, tOSU, even OU this season or next.
                          I would be surprised if Arch leaves college early, as nobody in his family has done that before him. It's not like they need the money.

Comment

Yeah but with the demand for pro-ready QB's being what it is, I figured him for an early draft.

Comment

Texas has always been able to get talent. They just can't coach it.

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post

You obviously don't know the Mannings as NONE of them have EVER done this. When Peyton was at Tennessee, Phil Fulmer would ask Archie to come to the offensive staff meetings and Archie would fall asleep on the couch in the room. They are not control freaks. You should watch The Book of Manning to get a better sense of who they are.
                                I have watched The Book of Manning several times and you're right the Manning's are not Craig James. College football isn't what is was 20 years ago when Eli and Peyton played. It's a freaking zoo right now and no QB is a guaranteed success. As long as things go well there won't be any quiet pressure from the family to change things.

Having said that if Arch knows what is good for him he will go to either Georgia, Alabama or even Oklahoma. Steady programs that can handle the media circus and they also have or will play great defense which can recover from young QB mistakes. Just practicing against those defenses will make Saturdays much easier.

F*ck Texas! They haven't done sh$t since Radio was their QB. Don't put your life in to the hands of an under performing program.

Comment

With Kiffin at Ole Miss I think it would be great to see him continue the Ole Miss Manning legacy. It's not like Kiffin won't let his QB throw it around.

Comment

Texas Fans: "We'Re BaCkl!"

Comment

Yeah but with the demand for pro-ready QB's being what it is, I figured him for an early draft.
                                      Yes, but 2 seasons? Is there a rule change I don't know about?

Comment

or baylor, or okie st, or west virginia or iowa st or kansas or kansas state or ucla or maryland or arkansas or tcu or...........

Comment

I think he lands at Georgia with Quinn Ewers at UT

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                                            Chrissie Simms 2.0. Love it.
                                            FIFY

Comment

Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
                                              Brockermeyer’s a horn dude;.

Comment

Why did Eli end up in NY instead of SD?

Comment

Blue chips don't give a rat's ass about Championships l; it is all about getting drafted in the NFL. So yeah, it'll be mind boggling if he ends up in Texas but not because Texas has been garbage, because Texas is where talent goes to croak, which are Mutually inclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Free Electron View Post
                                                    Blue chips don't give a rat's ass about Championships l; it is all about getting drafted in the NFL. So yeah, it'll be mind boggling if he ends up in Texas but not because Texas has been garbage, because Texas is where talent goes to croak, which are Mutually inclusive.
                                                    I think this is a great point.

Let's say he goes to Texas, puts up big numbers (mostly against scrubs) never sniffs a conference title or natty, he's still gonna be Arch "Golden Child" Manning. Every defeat will be blamed on Sark (or whoever replaces him next year) and his flaws will be minimized as being the fault of a "poor supporting class" or system. Then he'll probably look good in his pro day and combine, and be a first-round QB.

BUT, even in the extremely unlikely event that UT abandons its entitled pussified culture and actually starts winning, then Arch becomes the savior of UT. He can't lose. Even if he loses, he wins.

Comment

Is there anything to this kid we haven’t seen at Oklahoma before? I feel like he may be the most hyped player I’ve ever heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                                                        Is there anything to this kid we haven’t seen at Oklahoma before? I feel like he may be the most hyped player I’ve ever heard of.
                                                        I've watched his highlights, he looks great playing against Class 2A competition in Louisiana. On most of his running plays he's dragging opposing linebackers... who look like they're around 5'7" 170.

Yeah, he's got good mechanics and footwork. He's obviously well-schooled in the fundamentals. But there's nothing that separates him (talent-wise) from thousands of schoolboy QBs with above-average talent and training.

If his name was Arch Smith or Arch Jones, he'd be a three-star recruit for Lousiana Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by JerzeySooner View Post

Why did Eli end up in NY instead of SD?
                                                          That WAS a brazen move on their part.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
                                                            I've watched his highlights, he looks great playing against Class 2A competition in Louisiana. On most of his running plays he's dragging opposing linebackers... who look like they're around 5'7" 170.

Yeah, he's got good mechanics and footwork. He's obviously well-schooled in the fundamentals. But there's nothing that separates him (talent-wise) from thousands of schoolboy QBs with above-average talent and training.

If his name was Arch Smith or Arch Jones, he'd be a three-star recruit for Lousiana Tech.
                                                            Yeah EVERY college coach in America is NOT able to see past his last name. They cannot discern talent when they see it...

Comment

Yeah EVERY college coach in America is NOT able to see past his last name. They cannot discern talent when they see it...
                                                              As a message board poster, my qualifications cannot be questioned. I am literally always right.

Comment

As a message board poster, my qualifications cannot be questioned. I am literally always right.
                                                                I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken

Comment

Can't be. You DON'T capitalize certain words in your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Can't be. You DON'T capitalize certain words in your posts.
                                                                    That sounds like Charlie work, and my nose was chiseled by the gods themselves.

Comment

Peyton Manning could have been the first overall pick had he come out a year earlier. Arch won't be facing more of a pull from the NFL than that.

Not saying he won't leave early as I don't know what drives him.

Comment

Perhaps he’ll be the first manning to win a NC

Comment

Doesn't matter.. I still wouldn't want any Mannings around OU. .. And picking ut, if he does, just shows he ain't worth a pile of . I hate drama queens. Whoever offers the most money will end up with him.

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                                                                            Perhaps he’ll be the first manning to win a NC
                                                                            Danny Manning would like a word....too soon?

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Free Electron View Post

Yeah that's BS. There isn't a competitor on earth that doesn't care if they win or not.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Hes a Manning. Odds are always on Ole Miss.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by echo101 View Post

Doesn't matter.. I still wouldn't want any Mannings around OU. .. And picking ut, if he does, just shows he ain't worth a pile of . I hate drama queens. Whoever offers the most money will end up with him.
                                                                                  So if OU was favored to get him you wouldn't want him? I call bullshit.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Honestly the way I look at it is this:
                                                                                    Goes to Texas and if he sucks then it’s because Texas wasn’t very good
                                                                                    Goes to Texas and they win, he is a savior

There is no pressure either way all whilst ducking the SEC

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Doubt he goes to TX. If TX was joining the SEC this year, maybe.

But, never can tell with kids these days. And it don’t really matter with the current state of college football and the portal. He could go to X and the next year go to XXX.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Arch Manning’s recruitment continues to be one of the major stories of 2022. He recently provided an update on that recruitment as he hit the field for spring practices ahead of his senior season for Isidore Newman in Louisiana.

During a conversation with Sam Spiegelman with On3 Sports, Manning admitted he still has no timeline for his decision but does feel he’s getting closer. For now, Manning pointed out that he wants to get through his spring practices before setting up some official visits.

Texas, Georgia and Alabama are all still under consideration for Manning. He also opened up about wanting to get visits in to see Florid and LSU.

“I’ve had a few conversations with Florida,” said Manning. “I’ve heard a lot of good things about Coach (Billy) Napier, so I might want to get check and see what they’re all about.”

Manning also said new LSU coach Brian Kelly “knows how to win” and noted that he’ll “probably go up there for a game.” Whether or not visits to Florida or LSU have a big impact on his recruitment remains to be seen.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...ring-practice/

Comment

#45

Metairie Park Country Day, Isidore Newman's first opponent, has a 6' 8", 334 lb. WR. Now that's a target!

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by SEC View Post
                                                                                            Arch Manning’s recruitment continues to be one of the major stories of 2022. He recently provided an update on that recruitment as he hit the field for spring practices ahead of his senior season for Isidore Newman in Louisiana.

During a conversation with Sam Spiegelman with On3 Sports, Manning admitted he still has no timeline for his decision but does feel he’s getting closer. For now, Manning pointed out that he wants to get through his spring practices before setting up some official visits.

Texas, Georgia and Alabama are all still under consideration for Manning. He also opened up about wanting to get visits in to see Florid and LSU.

“I’ve had a few conversations with Florida,” said Manning. “I’ve heard a lot of good things about Coach (Billy) Napier, so I might want to get check and see what they’re all about.”

Manning also said new LSU coach Brian Kelly “knows how to win” and noted that he’ll “probably go up there for a game.” Whether or not visits to Florida or LSU have a big impact on his recruitment remains to be seen.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...ring-practice/
                                                                                            Bama is pursuing three qbs--Dylan Lonergan, Eli Holstein, and Arch Manning. I expect Eli Holstein to commit to the Tide first with Arch likely headed to Athens to play between the hedges. Going to Texas with the state of their program being what it is would be a huge gamble imo, and one that I don't think his family will let him make in the end. Kirby does not exactly have a knack for developing qb's but the program is on a very solid, favorable trajectory and likely to contend for NC's for the foreseeable future.
                                                                                            Last edited by OrangeBeachBum68; 05-11-2022, 09:45 AM.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Balko View Post

Metairie Park Country Day, Isidore Newman's first opponent, has a 6' 8", 334 lb. WR. Now that's a target!
                                                                                              They also have a receiver named Jack Schwing.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Silvershoes View Post

So if OU was favored to get him you wouldn't want him? I call bullshit.
                                                                                                Sir.. without arguing over this I'm just saying (IF) OU was in desperate need of a QB then I MIGHT think differently. I didn't care for Archie, Payton, or Eli so don't give a fat rat's ass about this Manning either. I haven't watched any film on him but because others seem to think that family is the best in football I will assume he's pretty good. I like the QB's we have and those coming in later. Those guys want to be here because they really want to be here and those are my favorite kind of players and the players I want to play for OU. The NIL seekers and drama queens need to be ignored.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  people who think they are always right piss me off because I AM always right. I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by waddy's ghost View Post
                                                                                                    people who think they are always right piss me off because I AM always right. I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
                                                                                                    I was going to craft a well-reasoned and articulate refutation of this post, but then I remembered that you are a message board poster. And therefore literally always right.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1