First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balko View Post
    I have no idea how the divisions and/or pods may work out. I favor "pods," by the way, because the term really pisses off Mazeppa. Anyway, I assume there will be considerable amounts of politicking within the SEC about scheduling "every season" opponents/rivals.
    I personally am in favor of each school having 3 or 4 permanent opponents then rotating through the rest of the conference.

But I like the idea of pods, only because we could call Alabama's pod the Tide Pod.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post
      I suggest two pods in each division...
      no, no. seven pods in three divisions each playing intra conference rivals twice every 6 years, but still being able to play every team three times every 7 years with the exception of cult aggie, who will be able to always avoid the whorns except once every 70 years as deemed acceptable in the holy aggie butthurt bible.

Comment

Originally posted by amtc View Post
        I heard the SEC commissioner doesn't want SEC teams waiting for long periods of time before they play each other so divisions of four teams seems logical to me. If that happens will there be built in rivalries or will there just be a standard rotation? As a fan I think a OU-LSU on thanksgiving weekend is a home run. Playing Arkansas or Missouri on Thanksgiving weekend is a waste of revenue. OU will curb stop both teams more often than not. Similar to OU-OSU. As it is now OU really only has one rivalry game and that is Texas. The rest are one sided in OU's favor. I personally wouldn't mind having Nebraska as a permanent non conference game but I dont see that happening. It would be nice to start off in the SEC with Texas and LSU as our permanent conference rivals.
        The most likely scenario is that each team will be given 3 permanent rivals and rotate everyone else. OU's 3 permanent rivals are likely to be Texas, Arkansas and either A&M or Missouri, probably Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by amtc View Post

If they want a probable win they will want to play Arkansas. What game will people across the nation want to watch? I guarantee it will be OU-LSU. That game will also generate more revenue. I can only imagine how loud both stadiums will be for that match up.
          Arkansas has not been a "guarantee" win for LSU the way that OSU has been for OU. I remember when Arkansas went to Baton Rouge and beat LSU the last week of the regular season before LSU went on to win the National Title under Les Miles. LSU leads the series 42-23-2, certainly not the dominance OU has experienced over OSU. OSU may NEVER reach 23 wins against OU.

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post

The most likely scenario is that each team will be given 3 permanent rivals and rotate everyone else. OU's 3 permanent rivals are likely to be Texas, Arkansas and either A&M or Missouri, probably Missouri
            This is a good idea in some ways but some teams are going to have tougher permanent opponents than others. And then from year to year your rotating schedule will have as much to do with whether you make it to the SEC championship game as anything else. For instance, if you were to draw Georgia and Bama in the same year you likely aren't going to make it. If you draw Vandy and South Carolina and avoid Georgia and Bama your odds are much better.

Comment

Originally posted by OUwasp View Post
              Wasn't LSU treated poorly in Austin a few yrs ago? And Covid-1984 prevented the return game, so we'll never know how a horn visit to BR would have gone. Maybe the seeds for a new rivalry?

Not looking fwd to OU-Arky. Any Sooner fan that lived thru the disastrous 1978 Orange Bowl (and lived in Eastern OK), remembers how insufferable the pig fans can be. Thank goodness the internet hadn't been introduced yet. I've always been interested in seeing an Arky-poke series, just for the enjoyment of watching the two fan bases try to out-jackass each other.

Curious to see how SEC will try to keep Bama-Georgia from playing each other in the regular season much.
              Alabama and Georgia have NEVER played each other very frequently, even dating back to when the SEC only had 10 teams. Georgia preferred to play Auburn due to their close proximity and history, while Alabama played LSU due to the history between those schools. Consequently Auburn and LSU rarely played before the SEC went to divisions as well. Nobody is "avoiding" anyone, its just as history and tradition developed, some schools had rivalries with other schools. It can be hard for people in this part of the country to realize, because of the Big 8 roots. When there are only 8 teams in a conference, everyone HAS to play each other. When there were 10 teams in the SEC and teams only played 7 conference games, you did not play everyone and primarily played the schools you had a history with or were closer in proximity with an occasional game against one of the conference teams you did not regularly play. For example, neither Alabama or Auburn have ever played Kentucky all that much. In addition to Alabama, Georgia never played LSU all that regularly either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

This is a good idea in some ways but some teams are going to have tougher permanent opponents than others. And then from year to year your rotating schedule will have as much to do with whether you make it to the SEC championship game as anything else. For instance, if you were to draw Georgia and Bama in the same year you likely aren't going to make it. If you draw Vandy and South Carolina and avoid Georgia and Bama your odds are much better.
                Your point is valid but I think that it would be rare for teams to draw Bama and Georgia as rotating opponents in the same year. If one is your permanent rival, then obviously there will be some years where you play both, but I don't think that would happen regularly.

Comment

This is correct. There are certain protected rivalries in the SEC that seem stupid to us (like Auburn-Georgia), but old Southern money will riot if they're threatened.

Comment

Alabama and Georgia have NEVER played each other very frequently, even dating back to when the SEC only had 10 teams. Georgia preferred to play Auburn due to their close proximity and history, while Alabama played LSU due to the history between those schools. Consequently Auburn and LSU rarely played before the SEC went to divisions as well. Nobody is "avoiding" anyone, its just as history and tradition developed, some schools had rivalries with other schools. It can be hard for people in this part of the country to realize, because of the Big 8 roots. When there are only 8 teams in a conference, everyone HAS to play each other. When there were 10 teams in the SEC and teams only played 7 conference games, you did not play everyone and primarily played the schools you had a history with or were closer in proximity with an occasional game against one of the conference teams you did not regularly play. For example, neither Alabama or Auburn have ever played Kentucky all that much. In addition to Alabama, Georgia never played LSU all that regularly either.
                    True. And, I can remember when the SEC played 6 conference games in a 10 team conference. So, Alabama played LSU, Ole Miss, and Tennessee often, while rarely playing Georgia or Florida. On the flip side, Georgia played Auburn every year and rarely played LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Val on the Getner View Post

This is correct. There are certain protected rivalries in the SEC that seem stupid to us (like Auburn-Georgia), but old Southern money will riot if they're threatened.
                      True. For instance: Alabama's biggest rivals are Auburn and Tennessee; Auburn's biggest rivals are Alabama and Georgia; and Georgia's biggest rivals are Florida and Auburn. They're not going to cram all of those schools into one pod. But, they'll give each school three permanent rivals, allowing the legacy SEC schools to keep most of their historic rivalries.

We'll get Texas as a permanent rival, for sure. We'll probably get Missouri, based on our history in the Big 6/7/8/12 and our location. Arkansas or A&M make sense for the third rival, but both of them have history with other schools. Arkansas will get Texas and two of A&M, Missouri, Ole Miss, LSU, or OU. A&M will get Texas, LSU, and either us or Arky. Regardless, the goal is for each school to rotate through the conference twice every four years. So, we won't go eight years without playing a particular school.

Comment

Originally posted by johnintx View Post

True. And, I can remember when the SEC played 6 conference games in a 10 team conference. So, Alabama played LSU, Ole Miss, and Tennessee often, while rarely playing Georgia or Florida. On the flip side, Georgia played Auburn every year and rarely played LSU.
                        So the bullshit SEC scheduling started back in 1965.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

So the bullshit SEC scheduling started back in 1965.
                          Get this...

In 1965, Alabama and Ole Miss played 8 conference games. Tennessee and Georgia played 5 SEC games and the other 7 teams (Tulane was a member) played six SEC games. At that time there was a 10 game regular season schedule. .

Comment

This is both sensible and agreeable.

Comment

Alabama and Georgia played every year from 1944-1965. But outside of that time frame, you are correct—they have not really played that often. Tennessee has instead always been Alabama’s main border rival.

Comment

Here's the way I see the pods going if that's where we go.

Bama, Tennessee, Auburn, Vanderbilt in pod 1

OU Texas, Missouri, Arkansas in Pod 2

Texas A&M, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State in Pod 3

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky in Pod 4

This set up keeps most of your regional rivals every year. If Texas A&M is okay with being in the OU/Texas/Arkansas pod it would be perfect regionally and you could put Missouri in the other pod with LSU/Miss schools.

Is this perfect? No. Auburn loses big rivals like LSU and Georgia every year. Kentucky is cut off from playing Tennessee schools every year which probably makes more sense for them regionally. But if you stick with the 9 conference games and play everyone in the other pods twice over 4 years you play everyone in conference home and home over a 4 year period.

If we stick with divisional set up there's a chance OU doesn't even play a team like say Bama in Norman for another 8 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post

Is this perfect? No. Auburn loses big rivals like LSU and Georgia every year. Kentucky is cut off from playing Tennessee schools every year which probably makes more sense for them regionally. But if you stick with the 9 conference games and play everyone in the other pods twice over 4 years you play everyone in conference home and home over a 4 year period.

If we stick with divisional set up there's a chance OU doesn't even play a team like say Bama in Norman for another 8 years or so.
                                  This is why they'll move to three or four permanent rivals per school, without pods.

There are many rivalries to be protected. Two, in particular, have driven the SEC division split and subsequent cross-division rivalries: Alabama-Tennessee and Auburn-Georgia. These must be played every year.
                                  • Alabama-Tennessee was once a rivalry on the level of OU-Texas, played on the Third Saturday in October. Bama has now won 15 in a row, and it now seems like a joke to outsiders. But, if you ask Alabama people, they'd rather play Tennessee than Auburn. However, Tennessee also needs to play Kentucky.
                                  • Auburn-Georgia is the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry. It is the second-most played series in college football, behind Minnesota-Wisconsin and tied with North Carolina-Virginia. They first played in 1892 and have played every year since 1944. Auburn needs to play both Alabama and Georgia every year.

Those are the two biggest examples. Tennessee-Kentucky would be a third. Georgia-Florida is safe due to geography.

There is also a desire to move away from divisions, so that each team can schedule every other team twice every four years. If this happens, OU will benefit, as we'll see more visits from the likes of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Auburn.

Comment

When OU comes to visit any SEC school, it is going to be BIG. I'm not so sure about Uterus.

Comment

I can see Oklahoma vs Arkansas becoming an intense rivalry
                                      BOOMER!

Comment

This set up keeps most of your regional rivals every year. If Texas A&M is okay with being in the OU/Texas/Arkansas pod it would be perfect regionally and you could put Missouri in the other pod with LSU/Miss schools.

Swap Texas AM with Arky, otherwise I agree this will be the future arrangement/setup.

Comment

This is why they'll move to three or four permanent rivals per school, without pods.

There are many rivalries to be protected. Two, in particular, have driven the SEC division split and subsequent cross-division rivalries: Alabama-Tennessee and Auburn-Georgia. These must be played every year.
                                          • Alabama-Tennessee was once a rivalry on the level of OU-Texas, played on the Third Saturday in October. Bama has now won 15 in a row, and it now seems like a joke to outsiders. But, if you ask Alabama people, they'd rather play Tennessee than Auburn. However, Tennessee also needs to play Kentucky.
                                          • Auburn-Georgia is the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry. It is the second-most played series in college football, behind Minnesota-Wisconsin and tied with North Carolina-Virginia. They first played in 1892 and have played every year since 1944. Auburn needs to play both Alabama and Georgia every year.

Those are the two biggest examples. Tennessee-Kentucky would be a third. Georgia-Florida is safe due to geography.

There is also a desire to move away from divisions, so that each team can schedule every other team twice every four years. If this happens, OU will benefit, as we'll see more visits from the likes of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Auburn.

A couple of my observations, fwiw

I agree that the cocktail party staying intact @ Jacksonville as an annual game is safe since Georgia/FL are likely to be in the same 4-team contingent.
                                          Bama/Tennessee is safe also for the same reason—the game has lost some of its luster due to TN being down,but I think Josh Heupel is going to shake things up on Rocky Top and that they will gradually make this a competitive series again.
                                          Though a game of little value, Bama/Vandy will return to being the annual matchup that it was for so long until it ended back in the early 2000’s. Hey everyone enjoys an occasional trip to Nashville, right?
                                          Auburn/Georgia as a rivalry game might be the biggest potential casualty—it is the South’s oldest rivalry, however outside of Dixie the game really is not a huge draw.
                                          The renewal of Texas/Texas AM and addition of the RRS under the SEC umbrella will be huge for the SEC
                                          An annual game for you guys and/or Texas against LSU would be a huge draw but I simply do not see happening with the rotations that are likely to be in place—the same could be said regarding Bama in place of LSU, though I think that OU and Bama are likely going to be in the SECCG A LOT in between reg season meetings
                                          Last edited by OrangeBeachBum68; 05-14-2022, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I don't see it staying divisional and having teams play once a decade. Maybe they go to some strange 10 game conference schedule that keeps a rival game. But somewhere a rival game will lose. And I doubt you see If Georgia is in a Bama/Auburn pod. They probably lose an annual game with Florida and regionally with South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBeachBum68 View Post

An annual game for you guys and/or Texas against LSU would be a huge draw but I simply do not see happening with the rotations that are likely to be in place—the same could be said regarding Bama in place of LSU, though I think that OU and Bama are likely going to be in the SECCG A LOT in between reg season meetings
                                              This is all political. However this plays out, I expect the desires of the legacy SEC schools to be prioritized, especially the original 10 schools. The Aggies won't like that, as they didn't join the SEC to play us, Texas, and Missouri. But LSU, as a charter SEC member, would rather be tied to the Mississippi schools, Alabama, and Florida.

And I hope you are right that we will be in a lot of SECCGs. We're retooling our program with that in mind.

Comment

This is all political. However this plays out, I expect the desires of the legacy SEC schools to be prioritized, especially the original 10 schools. The Aggies won't like that, as they didn't join the SEC to play us, Texas, and Missouri. But LSU, as a charter SEC member, would rather be tied to the Mississippi schools, Alabama, and Florida.

And I hope you are right that we will be in a lot of SECCGs. We're retooling our program with that in mind.
                                                Meh, I wouldn’t count on A Lot. I was with OBB til he threw that in the post. Depending on how they format the future divisions , pods, scheduling, etc…the first ten years of the New SEC could see GA/OU, Bama/LSU, GA/LSU, Bama/TX, FL/OU, TN/TX, maybe even A&M from the new west the way they are buying players if things keep current re NIL the way it is now, which I doubt, and TX also in that regard. Many teams from the SEC have made the trip to the SECCG in the 21st century, even Misery.

But it’s always fun in the season every week to play em out in the best conference in the country to get there.

Comment

Great. A thread started by the leg drippings out of the stinky cunt of one of Bryant’s whores. I ain’t going to read it. Let me summarize it simply based on op.

Meh. Never mind. We just need to be afraid. Very afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                                                    Great. A thread started by the leg drippings out of the stinky cunt of one of Bryant’s whores. I ain’t going to read it. Let me summarize it simply based on op.

Meh. Never mind. We just need to be afraid. Very afraid.
                                                    Ehh, some decent content in this one. But 81.9% speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post

Ehh, some decent content in this one. But 81.9% speculation.
                                                      Decent content huh? That' like saying The Devil in Miss Jones has some "decent content."

I give no fucks where we end up in the SEC. Whatever pod (that's some of that gay ass soccer shit), division, or whatever, we'll be OK. Geographically it makes sense to have OU, UT, Mizzou, and Arky in a pod - I feel gay saying that, but I'd prefer to have eATMe over Mizzou. I'd also be fine with Tennessee, Arky, and Texas. Or better yet, OU, Arky, eATMe, and LSU. Texas can piss up a rope. I'm kinda tired of carrying their mail. However it pans out, I expect an OU/Bammer/Georgia top heavy conference with a bunch of wannabes who get lucky and knock off the big dogs every so often.

Comment

Decent content huh? That' like saying The Devil in Miss Jones has some "decent content."

I give no fucks where we end up in the SEC. Whatever pod (that's some of that gay ass soccer shit), division, or whatever, we'll be OK. Geographically it makes sense to have OU, UT, Mizzou, and Arky in a pod - I feel gay saying that, but I'd prefer to have eATMe over Mizzou. I'd also be fine with Tennessee, Arky, and Texas. Or better yet, OU, Arky, eATMe, and LSU. Texas can piss up a rope. I'm kinda tired of carrying their mail. However it pans out, I expect an OU/Bammer/Georgia top heavy conference with a bunch of wannabes who get lucky and knock off the big dogs every so often.
                                                        Well, you’re at least adding to the 81% speculation, including my own from this thread, I was talking about.

“It May be like this, it may be like that…OU/Bama most in SECCG, pods, divisions, schedules. (OU/TU/MO/ATM, no wait, Hawgs), etc…

like I says, it’s entertaining read, not “be scared OU!”, as you eluded to, but entertaining. And no one knows. Hells man, glad we can put our collective hat in this unforeseen ring…

And yer “top heavy” thoughts, as of now, May be correct, minus OU. They have to prove it in this league. Do Not take it for granted. Trust me, I’m interested to see as well but so far Fukn with the big dawgs from the SEC when it matters, ain’t fared too well for OU. I’m not taking a dig at you guysms but time will tell In a solid rotation with these guys. And that’s where I am. Many of y’all have already claimed the West.

Far, Far, Far, from it.
                                                        Last edited by SEC; 05-14-2022, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Nothing gay about soccer.
                                                          What sort of pod arrangement would be in OU's best interest--the best interest of the program? That would seem to include Texas.
                                                          Before predicting that OU will rank with Bama and Georgia, I want to see what happens in the next two seasons--on the field and in recruiting.

Comment

Nothing gay about soccer.
                                                            What sort of pod arrangement would be in OU's best interest--the best interest of the program? That would seem to include Texas.
                                                            Before predicting that OU will rank with Bama and Georgia, I want to see what happens in the next two seasons--on the field and in recruiting.
                                                            EVERYTHING about Soccer is ghey. You’re talking about Europe “Football”… da fuq

Comment

Again, you're so damn wrong. Writing "ghey" is über gay, and not in a good way.

Comment

Again, you're so damn wrong. Writing "ghey" is über gay, and not in a good way.
                                                                You not getting the jest of why, 100% makes YOU ghey. And “soccer”.. I shouldn’t have to explain this to you newb to da webs. But here you are. And yer ghey sucker , I mean soccer.

GTFO

Your amateur analysis re where OU will rank with Bama/Ga in the next 2 years/seasons is warranted. And makes the most sense of Anything you’ve said. Rest is FS. At best.
                                                                Last edited by SEC; 05-14-2022, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Our boy is getting likkered up. Heh. However, he’s dead right on the soccer. Not sure if it’s gay, but it’s boring as fuck and has more floppers than the nba.

Comment

Our boy is getting likkered up. Heh. However, he’s dead right on the soccer. Not sure if it’s gay, but it’s boring as fuck and has more floppers than the nba.
                                                                    Hey man, at Triple Tails in Bay St. Louis, second floor, band and dance floor kicking, WFO…And they bringing drinks faster than can order them while on the deck over looking the gulf on the full moon.

“Our Boi” is in his element with more than “triple” tails(and by now it ain’t a naming of this establishment)..thank you very much…

Comment

Hey man, at Triple Tails in Bay St. Louis, second floor, band and dance floor kicking, WFO…And they bringing drinks faster than can order them while on the deck over looking the gulf on the full moon.

“Our Boi” is in his element with more than “triple” tails(and by now it ain’t a naming of this establishment)..thank you very much…
                                                                      How you feel this morning? Heh

Comment

Pretty good. Full moon didn’t keep the werewolves or vampires in us up too late. But the thirst for blood H2O pretty strong this morning.

Comment

From a whorns source, to take it FWIW. The story is A&M still doesn't want an annual game with the whorns.

I’ve heard one proposal that had Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri in the same pod while A&M, LSU, Ole Miss and Mississippi State would be in the same pod. Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Vanderbilt would be in the same pod, while Florida, Georgia, Kentucky and South Carolina would be in the same pod.

Comment

My only complaint going into the SEC is how often we're going to have to play "at" LSU, I can't stand that place or the people. Or playing in Neyland against the Vols, those fans and their Orange will be like playing against fOSU minus the reindeer and the turkey legs.

Comment

Brother, we see eye to eye on a lot of things, but this is not one of them. I like soccer. Mostly the European leagues and international ball, but it’s a great sport. The good ole USA is the odd ball when it comes to soccer. And we’re the only ones that call it soccer anyway. It’s truly football. How the fuck we ever created a sport (the best sport) and called it football when the rest of the world already had a sport called the same is fucking stupid when you think about it. But anyway, it’s the worlds most popular sport. People go fucking nuts for that shit everywhere but here. It’s definitely not gay. Former state champ here! Yeah, I was only 12, but it still counts! lol

Comment

Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post
                                                                                From a whorns source, to take it FWIW. The story is A&M still doesn't want an annual game with the whorns.
                                                                                That is very plausible. Would the SEC throw Aggy this bone as a price of bringing UT in? Does A&M have this much pull after only having been in the conference for 11 years? A&M didn't join the SEC to play us, UT, and Missouri. They want to be at what they see as the cool kids table-the original SEC.

Plus, I would think Arkansas would also want the LSU-Ole Miss-MSU pod, unless their heart is set on playing Texas every year once again. Arky has seniority on Aggy.

This would make A&M look bad. Everyone in college football, including the Longhorns, wants to bring this series back in the SEC as a yearly game. I don't think Aggy cares about how they look, though.
                                                                                Last edited by johnintx; 05-15-2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerMan View Post

Brother, we see eye to eye on a lot of things, but this is not one of them. I like soccer. Mostly the European leagues and international ball, but it’s a great sport. The good ole USA is the odd ball when it comes to soccer. And we’re the only ones that call it soccer anyway. It’s truly football. How the fuck we ever created a sport (the best sport) and called it football when the rest of the world already had a sport called the same is fucking stupid when you think about it. But anyway, it’s the worlds most popular sport. People go fucking nuts for that shit everywhere but here. It’s definitely not gay. Former state champ here! Yeah, I was only 12, but it still counts! lol
                                                                                  Hear ya and congrats. I was jk. Don’t care for it but have nothing against futbal.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerMan View Post

My biggest beef with soccer? Boring as fuck. Anyone who says baseball or golf is boring has never sat through a 0-0 soccer match. After all that running about you go to a shootout. Just start with the damn shootout and save us all the yawns.

One of my sons was very good at it (played Celtic 90 Black in Norman) and I’ve sat through way more soccer than a person should have to. When we moved to Lex during his high school years I was tickled pink that Lexington didn’t have soccer. He focused on football and basketball and that was groovy with me.

Comment

My biggest beef with soccer? Boring as fuck. Anyone who says baseball or golf is boring has never sat through a 0-0 soccer match. After all that running about you go to a shootout. Just start with the damn shootout and save us all the yawns.

One of my sons was very good at it (played Celtic 90 Black in Norman) and I’ve sat through way more soccer than a person should have to. When we moved to Lex during his high school years I was tickled pink that Lexington didn’t have soccer. He focused on football and basketball and that was groovy with me.
                                                                                      I hear ya man. I see why some think it’s boring for sure. Not as boring as baseball or golf (that’s just my opinion), but I can still see it that way. When I was playing as a kid, it was never boring. Just a fun game. I quit when was 13-14 to focus purely on wrestling, and then didn’t start following the sport again until about 10 years ago. And it was kind of boring for sure. But for me, when I started paying enough attention to understand the strategy, formations, etc…, it became less boring, even with a scoreless game. As with any sport, when you take time to understand the games within the game, you’ll likely find more interest in it. Again, just my opinion.

Comment

'Out on the town' but posting on an internet message board. Dude's living the life.

Comment

'Out on the town' but posting on an internet message board. Dude's living the life.
                                                                                          Socali does it all the time.

Comment

Text a few folks and made a phone call as well.

Imagine being able to do that!!

Comment

Text a few folks and made a phone call as well.

Imagine being able to do that!!
                                                                                              Being able to isn't the issue.

Comment

Those Pods are correct and you could have one permanent rival still, which would allow Auburn and Georgia to keep playing. The SEC is NOT going to give up this rivalry no matter what. Also, Auburn and LSU are not really big rivals. They did not play that often until the SEC went to divisions in 1992.

Comment

Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post
                                                                                                  I think they prefer not to be in a ‘Big 12 Redux’ pod, but in the end I think the game is simply too big of a cash cow for the conference and the aggies will drop their objections to it and let it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBeachBum68 View Post

I think they prefer not to be in a ‘Big 12 Redux’ pod, but in the end I think the game is simply too big of a cash cow for the conference and the aggies will drop their objections to it and let it happen.
                                                                                                    I can see A&M being in a separate pod from Texas to keep their "individual identity" but playing Texas every year as a permanent rival, similar to Auburn and Georgia.

Comment

Those Pods are correct and you could have one permanent rival still, which would allow Auburn and Georgia to keep playing. The SEC is NOT going to give up this rivalry no matter what. Also, Auburn and LSU are not really big rivals. They did not play that often until the SEC went to divisions in 1992.
                                                                                                      This is where I hope the SEC eventually figures out the best way to go is no pods at all with 3 permanent rivals. Pods are too rigid, works well for some teams in the pod, but not all. A handful of permanent rivals allows this flexibility. No need to have them if you are divisionless.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1