Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Brady - Highest paid broadcaster in history…wtf?

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Brady - Highest paid broadcaster in history…wtf?

wtf is Fox thinking? They could hire me for much, much less.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ng-career-ends

….Fox did not disclose terms of Brady's deal, but the New York Post reported that the seven-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback has agreed to a 10-year, $375 million contract -- the most lucrative in sports broadcasting history.

Fox CEO Lachlan Murdoch announced the news Tuesday during a corporate investor call. Brady will call games alongside lead play-by-play announcer Kevin Burkhardt and will work as an "ambassador" for Fox with a focus on "client and promotional initiatives."

"We are delighted that Tom has committed to joining the Fox team and wish him all the best during this upcoming season," Murdoch said.

Brady tweeted that he is excited to eventually join Fox but noted that he still has "unfinished business" as a player….

Tom Brady's life does not suck.

Comment

Originally posted by SportyJames View Post
      Better than most DB posters anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by SportyJames View Post
        Ha. Bet that!

Comment

Trying to recreate the Romo magic.

What's interesting is the question of how many people are going to switch over to Fox to watch a game just because Brady is calling it? $37.5 million worth?

Some back of napkin math. In 2016 Fox NFL made about $1.79 per viewer ($1.44 billion/803.1 million) (Had Super Bowl so this number is high), adjusted for inflation is $2.14/viewer. So, just to break even, more than 17.5 million viewers over the course of a season would have to switch to Fox NFL just to watch Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post

What's interesting is the question of how many people are going to switch over to Fox to watch a game just because Brady is calling it? $37.5 million worth?

Some back of napkin math. In 2016 Fox NFL made about $1.79 per viewer ($1.44 billion/803.1 million) (Had Super Bowl so this number is high), adjusted for inflation is $2.14/viewer. So, just to break even, more than 17.5 million viewers over the course of a season would have to switch to Fox NFL just to watch Brady.
            The network announcer decision does not change my decision….they could pay you $500k per year to announce and I’d watch if I like the match up and not watch if I didn’t like the match up. That why it’s silly to me….no chance any of those announcers are worth 10% of what they get paid. Lots of capable folks would do the job for much less.

Comment

Romo at least has personality. Brady will make Aikman's deadpan ass look like a stand up comedian

Comment

I eat Subway sammies because of Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

The network announcer decision does not change my decision….they could pay you $500k per year to announce and I’d watch if I like the match up and not watch if I didn’t like the match up. That why it’s silly to me….no chance any of those announcers are worth 10% of what they get paid. Lots of capable folks would do the job for much less.
                  Can I use you as a reference?

Comment

I hope Brady learns to stop talking like the keynote speaker at an insurance seminar.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post
                      Romo at least has personality. Brady will make Aikman's deadpan ass look like a stand up comedian
                      Aikman’s eyes are always red. Allergies? Alcoholic?

Comment

Can I use you as a reference?
                        Fine by me…how much is my cut?

Comment

Originally posted by SiggyPoke View Post

I eat Subway sammies because of Jared.
                          I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Robot_ulism View Post

Aikman’s eyes are always red. Allergies? Alcoholic?
                            Scotch or Graves' disease or whynotboth.gif?

Comment

I have never watched a game, or not watched a game, because of who was announcing the game.

I don't understand how the networks justify the salaries they pay. If there is a match-up I like, I'm going to watch regardless of who announces, or even if they have no announcer at all.

Last week I watched the Liverpool / Villarreal Champions League match with Spanish-speaking announcers because that was the only option. I didn't understand a word (other than GOALLLLLLL!), but didn't need to.
                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by SiggyPoke View Post

I eat Subway sammies because of Brady.
                                  I bone Brazilian supermodels because of Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post

Those cardboard cutouts can be quite realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Balko View Post

Those cardboard cutouts can be quite realistic.

As close as I'll ever get lolz.

Comment

Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post

A million would do just fine…

… whore.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                        X
                                        UA-124223861-1