First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OU COACHES CARAVAN

Is anyone going to (or has gone to) the Coaches Caravan this year? I'm going next Thursday to the one in Dallas and expect a good turnout.

Not this year but have been to many in Tulsa. Jack Mildren is my all-time Sooner hero. He is the reason I started watching OU football as kid. Several years ago I attended one and I remember sitting at our table eating and my friend started to point at me toward my head. I thought I had spinach in my teeth but he kept pointing and nodding his head. I turned around and standing right behind me was Jack Mildren. Now I am anti-autograph and have never asked for one but it was like an out of body experience and instinctively I stood up and held out my napkin for him to sign, which he graciously did. I smiled, shook his hand and I told him he was the reason I was Sooner fan forever. He smiled back and told me that I just made his day and that he thought I might have spinach in my teeth. Not really, I made the spinach thing up.
    Now I'm a grown man but I cried when Jack died. I am thankful to the caravan for giving me a chance to meet him. Have fun in Dallas GP.

Comment

Are there any jorts/cargo shorts left at Walmart?

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery Pete View Post
        Not this year but have been to many in Tulsa. Jack Mildren is my all-time Sooner hero. He is the reason I started watching OU football as kid. Several years ago I attended one and I remember sitting at our table eating and my friend started to point at me toward my head. I thought I had spinach in my teeth but he kept pointing and nodding his head. I turned around and standing right behind me was Jack Mildren. Now I am anti-autograph and have never asked for one but it was like an out of body experience and instinctively I stood up and held out my napkin for him to sign, which he graciously did. I smiled, shook his hand and I told him he was the reason I was Sooner fan forever. He smiled back and told me that I just made his day and that he thought I might have spinach in my teeth. Not really, I made the spinach thing up.
        Now I'm a grown man but I cried when Jack died. I am thankful to the caravan for giving me a chance to meet him. Have fun in Dallas GP.
        I went to the one in Addison in 2015 at a country club and it was pretty good. I like how they're having it at The Rustic this year. It looks like The Rustic is hosting in Houston as well.

Comment

I'm going to the one in Houston next week. I've never been. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post
            You might check Old Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post
              Is anyone going to (or has gone to) the Coaches Caravan this year? I'm going next Thursday to the one in Dallas and expect a good turnout.
              Where's it at this year? I've been to a few of them but it's been a while. I think I do want to go this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post

Where's it at this year? I've been to a few of them but it's been a while. I think I do want to go this year.
                It's at The Rustic

Comment

I’m sure there are. What size do you wear? I’m guessing tots medium. Want me to pick you a few pairs? I’m sure your life as a fire man keeps you pretty busy.

Comment

It's at The Rustic
                    Cool, I've been wanting to check out that place anyway. Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be the one in Jorts and wife beater to show off my cool tats. Of course I guess that doesn't narrow it down.

Comment

Cool, I've been wanting to check out that place anyway. Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be the one in Jorts and wife beater to show off my cool tats. Of course I guess that doesn't narrow it down.
                      Ha! Right on. Here's the ticket info: https://soonersports.evenue.net/cgi-...ller=&appCode=

Comment

Don't forget to get the mullet updated right before you go. You want to be in top form.

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery Pete View Post
                          "I would rather lose and go back to OU's locker room than win and go back to any other locker room." -- Jack Mildren, after the 1971 Game of the Century

Comment

why don’t you get off your pedestal and go check you short bitch boy.

Comment

I want to help sponsor one in Austin

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                                I want to help sponsor one in Austin
                                Great idea and It's not out of the realm of possibility.

https://www.ouclubofaustin.com/ouc/i...rs-a-co-chairs

Comment

See you there.

Comment

Are there any anal plugs left at the Malibu Urban Outfitters?

I'm actually feeling somewhat bummed for you. Your 2022 troll game is more "off" than our offense was last year. That's gotta be frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by johnintx View Post
                                      I'm going to the one in Houston next week. I've never been. Looking forward to it.
                                      See you there!

Comment

Yes. You can find some at the Walmart Supercenter, between Firestone Blvd and Independence Ave, in South Gate, east of the Long Beach Fwy. Call ahead to see if they have your size: 323-282-4800.

Comment

John -

Just snagged some tickets to the Caravan stop at the Rustic on Post Oak next Tuesday for me (Class of 1978) and my son (Class of 2017).
                                          See you there.

Boomer

Comment

Someone needs to ask if BV has ensured that none of his assistants has a stripper girlfriend who owns a little monkey. Let him know that we will settle for nothing less than a orangutan. We're better than texas.

Comment

For those of you who bought tickets to the Coaches Caravan in HOUSTON tomorrow night, be advised that they changed the location from the Rustic on Post Oak to the Rustic downtown.

Supposedly due to higher than expected ticket sales. (Downtown venue is bigger).

Ticket holders should’ve been texted and emailed, but just tryin to help some fellow Sooners out in case you weren’t aware.

See y’all there.

Comment

Originally posted by sempersooner View Post
                                                For those of you who bought tickets to the Coaches Caravan in HOUSTON tomorrow night, be advised that they changed the location from the Rustic on Post Oak to the Rustic downtown.

Supposedly due to higher than expected ticket sales. (Downtown venue is bigger).

Ticket holders should’ve been texted and emailed, but just tryin to help some fellow Sooners out in case you weren’t aware.

See y’all there.
                                                I saw that yesterday. I emailed them and they confirmed. They sent out texts today to clarify it. The Rustic Downtown it is.

Comment

Originally posted by sempersooner View Post

See y’all there.
                                                  I got an email, a text, and a voice mail on my cell, all telling me about the change in venue.
                                                  Exciting that they had to move due to an overflow crowd.
                                                  I am bit worried about an outdoor venue with afternoon/evening showers boiling up from the coast - pack an umbrella!

Boomer.

Comment

I just saw the Dallas event is sold out. Maybe they'll move it like they did with Houston. American Airlines Center looks to be open on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Balko View Post

Yes. You can find some at the Walmart Supercenter, between Firestone Blvd and Independence Ave, in South Gate, east of the Long Beach Fwy. Call ahead to see if they have your size: 323-282-4800.
                                                      Quality countertroll.

Comment

Report from the Houston stop for the Coaches Caravan:

Held in the outdoor venue at the Rustic downtown.
                                                        Est attendance ~300.
                                                        Complimentary beer, mixed drinks, and passed hors d'oeuvres.

Emceed by Toby Rowland, who did his usual good job.

Jennie Baranczyk spoke first.
                                                        Talked about all the talent coming back, and said that she was recruiting "height".
                                                        Very positive and energetic.

Porter Moser wasn't there - no reason provided.

BV on stage next.
                                                        Talked for 45min about his philosophy and approach to team building.
                                                        Told of the commitment that his players have shown to work toward improvement.
                                                        Explained in depth the SOUL program, why it is so important to him to help build quality young men, not just quality football players, and how NIL fit into all this.
                                                        Highlight of the night was when he said, "It may have been 22 years since OU won our last national championship.....but it won't be 22 years before we win our NEXT one!"

Catch the show in Dallas if you can.
                                                        Well worth the time.

Boomer.

Comment

Originally posted by bakerjrb View Post
                                                          Report from the Houston stop for the Coaches Caravan:

Held in the outdoor venue at the Rustic downtown.
                                                          Est attendance ~300.
                                                          Complimentary beer, mixed drinks, and passed hors d'oeuvres.

Emceed by Toby Rowland, who did his usual good job.

Jennie Baranczyk spoke first.
                                                          Talked about all the talent coming back, and said that she was recruiting "height".
                                                          Very positive and energetic.

Porter Moser wasn't there - no reason provided.

BV on stage next.
                                                          Talked for 45min about his philosophy and approach to team building.
                                                          Told of the commitment that his players have shown to work toward improvement.
                                                          Explained in depth the SOUL program, why it is so important to him to help build quality young men, not just quality football players, and how NIL fit into all this.
                                                          Highlight of the night was when he said, "It may have been 22 years since OU won our last national championship.....but it won't be 22 years before we win our NEXT one!"

Catch the show in Dallas if you can.
                                                          Well worth the time.

Boomer.
                                                          All of the above. In addition:

Porter didn't commit to this week's events in Houston and Dallas. The release said he'd be there if possible, but he wasn't there last night.

Joe C. was also there, and spoke for about 15 minutes. He spoke of his first job out of college working in the athletic department at Rice and about his early task of getting Rice basketball games on to a major AM station in Houston in the SWC days. He related it to his time at OU negotiating media deals, all the way from working with the OU Club of Houston to get games on local radio to the most recent deal with ESPN+. He said nothing about the move to the SEC. He gave a general report on the success of the OU athletic department.

Good stuff.

In hindsight, they probably should have scheduled one of these in both Dallas and Fort Worth.
                                                          Last edited by johnintx; 05-18-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Porter didn't commit to this week's events in Houston and Dallas. The release said he'd be there if possible, but he wasn't there last night.

Joe C. was also there, and spoke for about 15 minutes. He spoke of his first job out of college working in the athletic department at Rice. He spoke of getting Rice basketball games on to a major AM station in Houston in the SWC days. He related it to his time at OU negotiating media deals, all the way from working with the OU Club of Houston to get games on local radio to the most recent deal with ESPN+. He said nothing about the move to the SEC. He gave a general report on the success of the OU athletic department.

Good stuff.

In hindsight, they probably should have scheduled one of these in both Dallas and Fort Worth.
                                                            The ultimate schedule adjustment would be holding one of these in Austin. Bring in Baker, Samage, and Derrick Strait for an appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

The ultimate schedule adjustment would be holding one of these in Austin. Bring in Baker, Samage, and Derrick Strait for an appearance.
                                                              Maybe even Paul Thompson. To remind them that even converted WRs can win championships playing QB at OU.

Comment

Joe C. was also there, and spoke for about 15 minutes. He spoke of his first job out of college working in the athletic department at Rice and about his early task of getting Rice basketball games on to a major AM station in Houston in the SWC days. He related it to his time at OU negotiating media deals, all the way from working with the OU Club of Houston to get games on local radio to the most recent deal with ESPN+. He said nothing about the move to the SEC. He gave a general report on the success of the OU athletic department.

Good stuff.

It was good shit, except i paid for dinner and didn't get any! What kind of BS was that.

Highly encourage everyone to go to these!

Comment

Laughing at the “dinner” comment above. That threw me for a loop too because I for some reason thought I read somewhere that it was part of the deal (went back and read all my documentation and it did ONLY state drinks and appetizers)…….that said, I just made sure I took FULL advantage of the open bar.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                  X
                                                                  UA-124223861-1