Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New QB - General Booty

https://twitter.com/Generalbooty10/s...gh1J4dgTp4w0Ug

General is really his name. Transferring from Tyler JC. Son of former LSU receiver Abram Booty. Nephew of former LSU QB/former MLB player Josh Booty and former USC QB John David Booty. Played at Allen HS his senior year.
    Last edited by johnintx; 05-14-2022, 04:42 PM.

Well that's definitely a name.

Comment

A new fan favorite is born.

Comment

Him and Joshua Eaton need to avoid standing next to each other on the sidelines during game day.

Comment

Comment

I think he needs to be immediately considered for the OU all-name team along with Elvis Peacock et al.

Comment

Let's just start him off at Lieutenant Booty and see how it goes from there.

Comment

Originally posted by WFSooner View Post
                Him and Joshua Eaton need to avoid standing next to each other on the sidelines during game day.
                Well done

Comment

He looks pretty good, better arm than Gabriel I’d say. Either of them could be huge breakout players or massive let downs. I feel weird about the QB situation right now.

Comment

I have to respectively disagree...

Would be an instant meme hall of famer

Comment

His grandfather, Johnny Booty, played QB at Arkansas and Mississippi State. This makes General a third generation Division I QB.

Comment

Can't wait for the "WE WANT BOOTY" chants to start.

Comment

Originally posted by R.D. Mercer View Post
                          He looks pretty good, better arm than Gabriel I’d say. Either of them could be huge breakout players or massive let downs. I feel weird about the QB situation right now.
                          Stop! Gabriel is the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

Stop! Gabriel is the starter.
                            Yeah, Gabriel is the starter, but I’m glad we’ve taken steps to strengthen the backup position after Evers’ abysmal spring game showing.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerbms View Post

Yeah, Gabriel is the starter, but I’m glad we’ve taken steps to strengthen the backup position after Evers’ abysmal spring game showing.
                              You sure seem to have it in for a kid that should still be in high school AND was unlikely to play this fall anyway.

Comment

NIL Deal already lined up !!!
                                ............. Pop an ASS open!!!

Comment

Well Marcus Major needs to avoid being between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

You sure seem to have it in for a kid that should still be in high school AND was unlikely to play this fall anyway.
                                    I don’t have it in for him. I had very high hopes based on where the recruiting services had him. We’ve other recent early enrollees at QB who looked good in spring ball. So, the excuse about him still being a hs senior doesn’t fly with me. Perhaps he’ll prove me wrong, but I’m willing to bet he enters the portal in January.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post

Well Marcus Major needs to avoid being between them.
                                      This has to happen now. It just has to.

Comment

The question is when will Lebby make the Booty call! I can hear Toby,,,,and Booty get's the call!! lol!

Comment

No players will ever top the WVU DL pair.

Comment

The General really is quality insurance.

Comment

Comment

Why is this on ESPN front page? Why are they reporting on this recruit? They never report on any other OU recruit. What makes this guy so noteworthy?

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                  Why is this on ESPN front page? Why are they reporting on this recruit? They never report on any other OU recruit. What makes this guy so noteworthy?
                                                  1) off season and not much else to report
                                                  -and-
                                                  2) his name

Comment

I know OU's former OC did damn good at bringing in top QB talent and I hear he's still doing pretty good at recruiting but our current OC seems to be doing a pretty good job too! The OU tradition of having outstanding teams and great players continues to bring in some top recruits.

Comment

That is weird he's a preferred walk-on. It has to be because someone at ESPN is laughing at the name. But in reality it's not even in the top 5 funniest sports names.

Dick Trickle, Dick Pole, Harry Colon, Fair Hooker, Rusty Kuntz way funnier. Hell Hall of Famer Dick Butkus is way funnier if you think about it.

Forgot Dick Shiner the Steelers QB before Bradshaw.
                                                      Last edited by NickZepp84; 05-14-2022, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I like that BV/Lebby aren't scared to pack the QB room as opposed to our last coach who would have 1 good QB and tell the entire world every QB battle was too close to call.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLucky View Post
                                                          I like that BV/Lebby aren't scared to pack the QB room as opposed to our last coach who would have 1 good QB and tell the entire world every QB battle was too close to call.
                                                          It's doubtful that the walk-ons ever see the field. They are there for practice and scouting alone. Having as many as possible isn't a bad thing. Even if only like 3 are on scholarship.

Comment

Welp. Lets get this started now.
                                                            1. Booty up the middle
                                                            2. They grabbed Booty and threw it down
                                                            3. Booty for the win
                                                            4. Booty going deep

Comment

If you call his older sister late at night...is it a Booty, Booty Call?

Comment

Name and bloodlines.

Yes, he has a funny name. Yet another round of Booty jokes.

His dad, uncles, and grandfather were all college football players. Some people, mainly LSU fans, remember his dad Abram, but lots of people remember his uncles Josh and John David.

Comment

I seem to recall the last QB we had our of Allen HS worked out pretty well...............................

Comment

Josh Plaster
                                                                    Ethan Downs
                                                                    Ryan Peoples
                                                                    Carsten Groos

Comment

“General Boooty?”

OK…gotta do more to impress me with the moniker, pod.

Comment

I’ll assume this General is a four star…probably because he has great command of the various parts of the game

Comment

Well, I don't know if it's true that you can never have enough quarterbacks, but I do know that in General, you can never have enough Booty.

Comment

I prefer Specific Booty to be honest

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post
                                                                              I prefer Specific Booty to be honest
                                                                              Generally speaking....

Comment

#40
                                                                                The puns just write themselves.
                                                                                Live Free or Die!

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Brenat and lebby bringing in talent and depth . Can’t wait to see this team . Lots of potential .

Comment

#42
                                                                                    That has to be the first 0 star with a link on ESPN.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Soonerpsycho View Post
                                                                                      His film reminds me a lot of Baker Mayfield. Not the biggest stature, quick release and pretty good legs.

Comment

#44

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by R.D. Mercer View Post
                                                                                          Me too. Let's look at our qb room:
                                                                                          5 Micah Bowens QB 5-11 187 R-So. Las Vegas, Nev. / Bishop Gorman HS Penn State University micah_bowens sensationa1_ Can he even play? Have not heard good reports, here. 3*
                                                                                          7 Nick Evers QB 6-3 179 Fr. Flower Mound, TX / Flower Mound HS NickEvers12 nickeverss Thin/light. Does well redshiriing. 4*. 3rd in Elite 11
                                                                                          8 Dillon Gabriel QB 6-0 205 R-Jr. Mililani, HI / Mililani HS UCF _dillongabriel_ dillongabriel Our starter
                                                                                          15 Ben Harris QB 6-3 204 R-Fr. Midwest City, Okla. / Carl Albert HS ben_harris18 ben_harris1810 Unknown commodity. 0*
                                                                                          19 Ralph Rucker QB 5-11 203 R-Fr. Lucas, Texas / Lovejoy HS ralph_rucker ralphruck4 Backup. Never sees the field. 0*
                                                                                          Davis Beville QB 6-6 235 notsure Greenville, SC / Greenville PITT Limited experience. Transfer portal 3*
                                                                                          General Booty QB 6=3 180 SO Allen, TX / Allen HS Tyler Jr. College Played 4 HS teams? 2 CA, 2 TX. 0*
                                                                                          The further we go (and continually add players) the less I think of who we have (as do the coaches?). Are we just pushing buttons, at this point? Who is or will end up being 2nd team? Seems to me that we've added bodies and that's about it.
                                                                                          Last edited by ab5sr; 05-15-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Hear his mom is a major ass.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
                                                                                              Hear his mom is a major ass.
                                                                                              *has

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by ab5sr View Post

Me too. Let's look at our qb room:
                                                                                                5 Micah Bowens QB 5-11 187 R-So. Las Vegas, Nev. / Bishop Gorman HS Penn State University micah_bowens sensationa1_ Can he even play? Have not heard good reports, here. 3*
                                                                                                7 Nick Evers QB 6-3 179 Fr. Flower Mound, TX / Flower Mound HS NickEvers12 nickeverss Thin/light. Does well redshiriing. 4*. 3rd in Elite 11
                                                                                                8 Dillon Gabriel QB 6-0 205 R-Jr. Mililani, HI / Mililani HS UCF _dillongabriel_ dillongabriel Our starter
                                                                                                15 Ben Harris QB 6-3 204 R-Fr. Midwest City, Okla. / Carl Albert HS ben_harris18 ben_harris1810 Unknown commodity. 0*
                                                                                                19 Ralph Rucker QB 5-11 203 R-Fr. Lucas, Texas / Lovejoy HS ralph_rucker ralphruck4 Backup. Never sees the field. 0*
                                                                                                Davis Beville QB 6-6 235 notsure Greenville, SC / Greenville PITT Limited experience. Transfer portal 3*
                                                                                                General Booty QB 6=3 180 SO Allen, TX / Allen HS Tyler Jr. College Played 4 HS teams? 2 CA, 2 TX. 0*
                                                                                                The further we go (and continually add players) the less I think of who we have (as do the coaches?). Are we just pushing buttons, at this point? Who is or will end up being 2nd team? Seems to me that we've added bodies and that's about it.
                                                                                                I think the coaches are pretty concerned about our depth behind Gabriel. QB recruiting for the future looks really good starting with Jackson Arnold, but these next couple years are going to be sticky. I think they’re hoping either Beville or Booty is just good enough to be a game manager if something happens to Gabriel.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post

It's doubtful that the walk-ons ever see the field. They are there for practice and scouting alone. Having as many as possible isn't a bad thing. Even if only like 3 are on scholarship.
                                                                                                  Baker says hello…

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Having just watched less than 60 seconds of high school tape on a juco kid…I feel weirdly good about this? Like he’s not coming in and unseating Gabriel by any means, but he’s my pick to be QB2 by the end of camp, and he’ll have as good a chance as anyone currently rostered to start if Gabriel goes one and done (and with this many bodies, doesn’t look like we’re really planning to raid the portal again if that happens). I don’t think the reaction should just be “heh booty” although it is an all-time name. You let him, Evers, Beville, and freshman Arnold duke it out and whoever wins can probably ride a Venables defense to 10 wins if we’re in the Big 12. Now if we’re taking that guy to the SEC that’s a different matter.
                                                                                                    Last edited by AppySooner; 05-15-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1