Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After OU/Texas leave, who is the dominant team in the Big 12?

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After OU/Texas leave, who is the dominant team in the Big 12?

I've discussed this with several people and the majority of them seem to think it's going to be fOSU or BU, personally I'm looking at it as cheap entertainment to fill the gaps between OU games. What say you all?

Baylor for as long they can keep Aranda. Eventually bigger and better jobs will keep calling and he will leave.

Comment

Don't sleep on Houston

Comment

OSU has been by far the 2nd best program in the league the past decade.

Comment

Baylor football,OSU softball,KU basketball mens,Baylor basketball women and TCU baseball

Comment

With current coaching, Okie Light, Baylor and Cincinnati. Ten years from now, those and about five others could be the cream of the crop.

Comment

No one will dominate the new Big 12. Baylor, OSU, and the four newbies look like the top half of the conference right now. Iowa State and Kansas State won't be bad, either, but I don't see them winning the conference. Texas Tech, West Virginia, and TCU won't be awful, but won't be great. Kansas is improving, but they still have a ways to go before they move out of the cellar.

There will be years when the Big 12 champion has two losses. It will be rare for the conference champion to go undefeated. There's just too much balance there.

Comment

Zero Fucks Given U.

Comment

BYU will come in and make Pokies their bitch.

Comment

I think osu will be in a group of teams that will compete for the Big12 initially. That group will be osu, baylor, Houston, Cincinnati, byu and probably kstate.

However, nobody talks about how recruiting will suffer playing in a G5 league. Although osu has done well with their 3 star roster that doesn’t mean they will all of a sudden be kings of the conference. osu’s Houston pipeline could dry up now that Houston is in the Big12 and able to pay players as much or more than osu.

It’s more likely osu will find themselves slipping behind the likes of Houston, baylor, and Cincinnati.

Comment

Tallest midget

Comment

IDGAF

Comment

OSU in football for sure. Forum
                          team for a long time behind OU.

All around??? Probably still OSU.

Comment

Can you imagine being osu? You always thought you were on near even footing with your classmates. Sure you had to work a little harder than they did and think outside the box to achieve the same results but you were more or less on even footing. Then they get moved to the smart class and you realize you weren't really on even footing. And you realize that they're not so much moving to the smart class as much as your class is being re-labeled the dumb class. Now you have to play with what you once considered a bunch of dopes. And now you see that you're one if those dopes.

Comment

I don't think there will be a dominant team, with NIL and the transfer portal it'll be hard for any of them to maintain a roster to be dominate.

Comment

They’ll be the PAC with more fan interest and less talent, knocking themselves out of a 4-team CFP race before Thanksgiving every year. I think the most likely top tier is the three new additions as long as Fickell is at UC, plus Baylor as long as Aranda stays, which is a sad commentary on what we’re leaving behind.

Comment

I'm actually curious as to what this does to the new additions. Particularly BYU. And the response of the other teams fans to BYU. In every conference they've been in BYU has been easily the team everybody loved to hate. They could be the new Texas in the Big XII.

Comment

Don’t know… but I imagine we can find out at 11:00am.

Comment

Cincinnati had 9 players go in the NFL draft. I think they will be more like TCU was when they 1st joined the Big 12. Very tough but always losing more than before and gradually losing there luster over time.

Oklahoma State and Baylor will emerge as top contenders, but they will have enough competition to not go undefeated leaving them out of the playoffs 90 percent of the time.

Comment

Be honest… does it matter?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                        X
                                        UA-124223861-1