First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With College Football Playoff compromise rejected, SEC will crush the meek

A strong leader looks out for the meek and less fortunate, and in that vein, SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey tried to help the Pac-12.

A once mighty conference that fell from relevance, the Pac-12 has produced two qualifiers for the College Football Playoff in the playoff’s eight years. Last season, the ACC and Big 12 joined the Pac-12 as Power Five conferences that weren’t powerful enough to supply a playoff qualifier.

Sankey joined a few other college sports leaders last year to devise a plan that would rectify that, while also creating more spots for Sankey’s SEC: a 12-team playoff featuring automatic bids for the top six conference champions, plus six at-large bids.

Sankey gloated this week about the SEC’s playoff dominance – Alabama, LSU and Georgia have combined to produce five national championships from the format, including the past three – but more importantly, he warned that although this format works for his conference, it hamstrings the sport overall.

"We can stay at four. This conference will thrive at four. Period," Sankey told reporters Monday in Birmingham. "That's not healthy for the rest of FBS college football. But we can stay at four."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...fp/9762729002/

Meek. Heh

Comment

"The meek" have been overrated since about 30 A.D. Fuck the meek. I'm for keeping it at four.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post
        "The meek" have been overrated since about 30 A.D. Fuck the meek. I'm for keeping it at four.
        Lol. It was funny anyway. “Meek!” Ha

Talkin about calling out! Just shoulda said “bunch of pusses!” Ha

Comment

Great thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post
            Great thread.
            Hey man, it’s recent. It ain’t like it’s 2010 or some chit.

This compassion(or backhanded sympathy) for the “meek” conferences other than the B1G and SEC was posted this past Friday. C’mon.

Comment

The meek buy national championships 71 years after the fact, that should suffice. Fish heads and rice, and fake crystal balls. Let them eat cake. Then make them eat cock.

Comment

The meek buy national championships 71 years after the fact, that should suffice. Fish heads and rice, and fake crystal balls. Let them eat cake. Then make them eat cock.
                Ha. Cracking me up, pod.

What Sankey said here is pretty simple by saying the SEC will crush the Meek..and referencing what I highlighted. The PAC for most years, the ACC and BIG 12 last year, failed to produce a contender… meek. While he really dgaf(is what he’s saying) it ain’t good for the masses across the country because the SEC, as of now, much less when OU and TU joins, is good. Or even if they don’t. Good at 4.

A team from the SEC will be in it(and most likely win) and maybe 2 in the playoffs.

But, we need to look out for the Meek. Even tho they will get crushed.

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post

Ha. Cracking me up, pod.

What Sankey said here is pretty simple by saying the SEC will crush the Meek..and referencing what I highlighted. The PAC for most years, the ACC and BIG 12 last year, failed to produce a contender… meek. While he really dgaf(is what he’s saying) it ain’t good for the masses across the country because the SEC, as of now, much less when OU and TU joins, is good. Or even if they don’t. Good at 4.

A team from the SEC will be in it(and most likely win) and maybe 2 in the playoffs.

But, we need to look out for the Meek. Even tho they will get crushed.
                  I don't understand the SEC's commissioners reasoning here. Why is he worried about the other conferences? His focus should be on the SEC. Why expand? The SEC can be eliminated from the playoffs just like any other conference. I would rather see 4 SEC teams in the playoffs than have a team that is a 7-5 conference champion in the playoffs due to automatic bid. Pretty soon this will be like the NFL having a 7-9 division champ hosting a home game in the playoffs. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by amtc View Post

I don't understand the SEC's commissioners reasoning here. Why is he worried about the other conferences? His focus should be on the SEC. Why expand? The SEC can be eliminated from the playoffs just like any other conference. I would rather see 4 SEC teams in the playoffs than have a team that is a 7-5 conference champion in the playoffs due to automatic bid. Pretty soon this will be like the NFL having a 7-9 division champ hosting a home game in the playoffs. No thanks.
                    I don’t understand your thinking.

First, Sankey is NOT worried. At all. That’s pretty much the case he is making re the SEC. He is more “worried” about other conferences and their fans re college football in general. Why? Caus SEC dominance. He’s in no where shape or fashion worried about the SEC. That’s not what he’s saying.

He is trying to look out for the other conferences and their fans. He don’t have to do that, but he is. He is saying, in a nutshell, the SEC will “crush the meek”…OK? Who is the “meek”? Well, it’s every other conference OUTSIDE of the SEC except the B1G(according to the article) and that is NOT good for college football as a whole.

Thats all he said. To expand. But “we don’t have to, the SEC will be fine at 4!”

Why will it be fine at 4?

You already know the answer if you are the SEC.

Comment

I dont think the PAC 12, ACC, Big 12, or the Big 10 needs the SEC commissioner to look out for them. The SEC has had a good run and they should be proud of that but, to "look out" for other conferences is ridiculous.

Comment

God damn, this guy is weird. He literally thinks he is the SEC.
                        Last edited by BirtDurglar; 05-16-2022, 11:08 AM.

Comment

By "looking out for other conferences" he really means get 4+ SEC teams in the playoff every year. It's really dumb not to expand. With more and more kids opting out of these meaningless bowl games, schools should be pushing for expansion. There are zero negatives to more meaningful football.

Comment

Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post
                            Gad damn, this guy is weird. He literally thinks he is the SEC.
                            Buzzfeed clickbait shill of any publication that has to do with SECSECSEC!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post

Buzzfeed clickbait shill of any publication that has to do with SECSECSEC!!!!
                              Yup, that's his one trick.

Comment

Originally posted by mainline13 View Post

Most likely a yankee too. Fake ass southern mannerisms and charm. "Borrowed none" lol. Paid hack to post pro SEC articles to drive public opinions....or just the most annoying, fake ass poster this side of the internet.

Debatable either way.

Comment

Talking shit on behalf of an entire conference is the most Aggie thing ever. In fact, I think I may start another username called NFC. And I'm going to come on here and talk shit to all of you on behalf of every team in the NFC conference..

How you like my Super Bowl champion Rams??
                                  What's up with my Bucs?? Tom Brady 7 rings bitches!!
                                  How about my Cowboys?!?

Comment

Originally posted by mainline13 View Post

Conference commissioners hate him!

Comment

Overrated!?!…I dunno about that. I have it on good sources (the best actually) that the meek are gonna inherit the earth.

Comment

I am really Glad my life does not revolve around SEC football

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post

Overrated!?!…I dunno about that. I have it on good sources (the best actually) that the meek are gonna inherit the earth.
                                          from approximately 30 A.D., right?

Comment

The folks who are against expansion simply don’t want to see an SEC invitational tournament with other P4 and G6 programs getting snubbed.
                                            Unless they get the rules rewritten to eliminate multiple SEC bids to the CFP, they’re shooting themselves in the foot as it’s already happened twice. It will happen again when you consider OU and TX have both had championship history and are joining the SEC. “The rich get richer” comes to mind.
                                            Even though TX sucks lately, they still stand a better chance at a CFP bid at 12-1 than 13-0 UCF with that “SEC” patch on their jerseys.
                                            So, as much as I dig at the SEC, Sanjay is right by telling them to check the safety before they stuff their pistols in their belts.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                                              The folks who are against expansion simply don’t want to see an SEC invitational tournament with other P4 and G6 programs getting snubbed.
                                              Unless they get the rules rewritten to eliminate multiple SEC bids to the CFP, they’re shooting themselves in the foot as it’s already happened twice. It will happen again when you consider OU and TX have both had championship history and are joining the SEC. “The rich get richer” comes to mind.
                                              Even though TX sucks lately, they still stand a better chance at a CFP bid at 12-1 than 13-0 UCF with that “SEC” patch on their jerseys.
                                              So, as much as I dig at the SEC, Sanjay is right by telling them to check the safety before they stuff their pistols in their belts.
                                              Under the expansion plan that was proposed, a 12-1 or 13-0 UCF WOULD get in the playoff. Other conferences just didn't like the fact that there would likely be 4 SEC teams to make the 12 team field every year. They are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                                                So by your logic OU and/or Utah deserved to be In the playoffs last year and Georgia didn’t? Expanding the playoffs undermines the importance of the regular season and allow a team to get in that doesn’t belong. 4 teams is a good fit and I don’t care how many teams a conference has in the playoffs.

Comment

Once OU and texas leave, the Big12 will NEVER make the playoff unless it expands. The Big12 and PAC especially should want expansion. The Big12 will have as much of a chance to make the 4 team playoff as the mountain west.

Comment

So by your logic OU and/or Utah deserved to be In the playoffs last year and Georgia didn’t? Expanding the playoffs undermines the importance of the regular season and allow a team to get in that doesn’t belong. 4 teams is a good fit and I don’t care how many teams a conference has in the playoffs.
                                                    This is a bullshit argument. CFB has an unbalanced schedule. The “committee” is just another popularity contest. Expanding the playoff creates more meaningful games and balances the schedule problem. We should create some space for the best G5 champ and the P4 conference champs. Then the committee can choose at large bids.

Everyone should have access to the postseason. I would rather see teams that haven’t played than several rematches or the same 4 teams every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post

Only after it's been used up and fried to a crisp.

Comment

I dont think the PAC 12, ACC, Big 12, or the Big 10 needs the SEC commissioner to look out for them. The SEC has had a good run and they should be proud of that but, to "look out" for other conferences is ridiculous.
                                                        Well, I guess so since that’s not his job. OTH, he is a big part of college sports in general and is seemingly just voicing his opinion. And I see what he’s saying. Look, I think most people are with you in saying that most likely the best four teams will compete and the best team in country will be the ultimate winner in the current four team playoff format. That the CFP does not need to expand to find the best team in the land.True, I and many feel the same way. But many don’t.

That’s not what Sankey and others that have made this arguement are saying. I don’t think Sankey cares one way or another, he’s pretty much said as much in saying the SEC will be fine. Why? Because the SEC Champ will be in the CFP. And maybe 2 teams. It’s happened more than once. No other conference has done that.

But what he is saying for college football and their fans across the country in general, would benefit from an expansion. NCAAF and D-1 football is one or may be the only collegiate or professional sport that does not have a multiple team playoff more than four teams. So it’s coming.

Far as teams of other conferences and their fans, I see it all the time on message boards across the country. They stumble one time and they start hitting the panic button for teams and fans with CFP aspirations. Oregon for example, like many other higher end programs that winning their conference is achievable and make it to the playoffs. Season starts out everywhere with teams and fans bursting with anticipation and excitement. And they know 1 loss and they could be done far as CFP. 1. And then it comes. These folks talk about it and know that the SEC and B1G are taking 2 spots, right off the bat is a very high percentage. Now, Oregon is fighting the rest of the country(they Have to win their conference most likely and hoping everyone else of other conferences lose). Two losses and many go fishing and lose interest because even tho there has never been a two loss team in the CFP, more than likely if so, the SEC would take that spot.

Yes, the regular season means something and I’m with you on that. But in the current format, too many teams and fans are lost by the end of the season and as I said, many DURING the season. Players looking at the next level. Fans go fishing. Bowls these days are pretty meaningless, just look at the opt outs or lack of play. And Lord knows no one really outside the SEC wants to keep seeing all SEC NCG after one round of playoff. Look how excited them Bearcats were to make the playoffs. And thier fans. And the revenue they brought. There will be a lot more of that with an expansion to allow more teams and fans hope even with A loss.

In the end, as you been eluding to, more than likely the 2 best teams will meet for the NCS no matter how many past 4 that is allowed. But it will bring a lot more enthusiasm and $$$ across the country with an expansion. Expansion would be good for college football and their fans as a whole now that we’ve already crossed the playoff line and pretty much put bowl games in the history book.

No, that’s not Sankey’s job but as he said, the SEC will be fine…. and TU and OU joining only strengthens that view. To fight expansion by other conferences and their fans are shooting themselves in the heads.
                                                        Last edited by SEC; 05-16-2022, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                          Once OU and texas leaves, the Big12 will NEVER make the playoff unless it expands. The Big12 and PAC especially should want expansion. The Big12 will have as much of a chance to make the 4 team playoff as the mountain west.
                                                          Accurate statement, but fixed here to be more precise.

Comment

Once OU and texas leave, the Big12 will NEVER make the playoff unless it expands. The Big12 and PAC especially should want expansion. The Big12 will have as much of a chance to make the 4 team playoff as the mountain west.
                                                            Yup. Or be a one hit wonder to the CFP like Cincy last year and then get smoked. Or better, completely overlooked no matter their record using that game as a reminder in history.

Comment

This is a bullshit argument. CFB has an unbalanced schedule. The “committee” is just another popularity contest. Expanding the playoff creates more meaningful games and balances the schedule problem. We should create some space for the best G5 champ and the P4 conference champs. Then the committee can choose at large bids.

Everyone should have access to the postseason. I would rather see teams that haven’t played than several rematches or the same 4 teams every year.
                                                              Sound like you want everyone to have a trophy. Thats not how it works. We are already at 15 games for college football for playoff teams, I dont think there is an appetite to increase the number of games. As far as a popularity contest, tell me when the committee got the teams wrong? Last year is as close as I can think of by allowing a non power 5 team in the playoffs. 4 teams is enough and every conference has had a a team in the playoffs. if you want to beat the SEC build (or buy) a team and do it.

Comment

Sound like you want everyone to have a trophy. Thats not how it works. We are already at 15 games for college football for playoff teams, I dont think there is an appetite to increase the number of games. As far as a popularity contest, tell me when the committee got the teams wrong? Last year is as close as I can think of by allowing a non power 5 team in the playoffs. 4 teams is enough and every conference has had a a team in the playoffs. if you want to beat the SEC build (or buy) a team and do it.
                                                                I, for one, are not in disagreement with you on “getting it right” regarding four team playoff and the short history of the Playoffs.

However, I think yer(yeah, I said that for all you compound English lovuhs) missing the point on what’s best for college football IN THIS DAY IN TIME for teams and fans….and $$$$. As Hank said, folks get pretty tired of seeing the same 4 or 5 teams in the playoffs and it’s killing the sport and viewership in this current era of the game.

Comment

Well, I guess so since that’s not his job. OTH, he is a big part of college sports in general and is seemingly just voicing his opinion. And I see what he’s saying. Look, I think most people are with you in saying that most likely the best four teams will compete and the best team in country will be the ultimate winner in the current four team playoff format. That the CFP does not need to expand to find the best team in the land.True, I and many feel the same way. But many don’t.

That’s not what Sankey and others that have made this arguement are saying. I don’t think Sankey cares one way or another, he’s pretty much said as much in saying the SEC will be fine. Why? Because the SEC Champ will be in the CFP. And maybe 2 teams. It’s happened more than once. No other conference has done that.

But what he is saying for college football and their fans across the country in general, would benefit from an expansion. NCAAF and D-1 football is one or may be the only collegiate or professional sport that does not have a multiple team playoff more than four teams. So it’s coming.

Far as teams of other conferences and their fans, I see it all the time on message boards across the country. They stumble one time and they start hitting the panic button for teams and fans with CFP aspirations. Oregon for example, like many other higher end programs that winning their conference is achievable and make it to the playoffs. Season starts out everywhere with teams and fans bursting with anticipation and excitement. And they know 1 loss and they could be done far as CFP. 1. And then it comes. These folks talk about it and know that the SEC and B1G are taking 2 spots, right off the bat is a very high percentage. Now, Oregon is fighting the rest of the country(they Have to win their conference most likely and hoping everyone else of other conferences lose). Two losses and many go fishing and lose interest because even tho there has never been a two loss team in the CFP, more than likely if so, the SEC would take that spot.

Yes, the regular season means something and I’m with you on that. But in the current format, too many teams and fans are lost by the end of the season and as I said, many DURING the season. Players looking at the next level. Fans go fishing. Bowls these days are pretty meaningless, just look at the opt outs or lack of play. And Lord knows no one really outside the SEC wants to keep seeing all SEC NCG after one round of playoff. Look how excited them Bearcats were to make the playoffs. And thier fans. And the revenue they brought. There will be a lot more of that with an expansion to allow more teams and fans hope even with A loss.

In the end, as you been eluding to, more than likely the 2 best teams will meet for the NCS no matter how many past 4 that is allowed. But it will bring a lot more enthusiasm and $$$ across the country with an expansion. Expansion would be good for college football and their fans as a whole now that we’ve already crossed the playoff line and pretty much put bowl games in the history book.

No, that’s not Sankey’s job but as he said, the SEC will be fine…. and TU and OU joining only strengthens that view. To fight expansion by other conferences and their fans are shooting themselves in the heads.
                                                                  Do you really want see Boise State, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Wyoming, Tulsa, South Dakota State in the playoffs? If the Pac 12 wants a team in the playoffs they have the same opportunity as the SEC. A one loss PAC 12 conference champ would have knocked Georgia out of the playoffs last year. The opportunity for other conferences to go to the playoffs is there. If the SEC can do it so can others. We shouldn't lower standards to accommodate teams that dont put in the effort.

Comment

Do you really want see Boise State, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Wyoming, Tulsa, South Dakota State in the playoffs? If the Pac 12 wants a team in the playoffs they have the same opportunity as the SEC. A one loss PAC 12 conference champ would have knocked Georgia out of the playoffs last year. The opportunity for other conferences to go to the playoffs is there. If the SEC can do it so can others. We shouldn't lower standards to accommodate teams that dont put in the effort.
                                                                    Well, yer kinda making my point…some. With a 4 team playoff and a 1 loss PAC 12 champ making the playoffs last year knocking GA out, would been a hard decision for the committee to put that team in over GA, as most would know they’d get an ass whippin from GA and be the wrong decision. But they’d have to put them in there. With expansion, that would be rectified quick, fast and in a hurry.

And would I like to see those teams make it if they have a loss? Well, not as much as their fans would and bring that enthusiasm caus I would know what’s about to happen. And yes, I’d like to see that extra round, just to fk with em. IOW, brings more in the fold, but the final results would remain the same. But fun to see it for me and a little hope for them. Shoulda read the Michigan and Cincy boards this past playoff. Extra good.

Hey man, being an OU fan, seems like you or anyone should want an expansion and May have a chance if things don’t go OU way during the regular season, for example and especially once joining the SEC, which is a great possibility. Some teams get better as the season goes and have a key loss or 2 up front. Just something to think about.
                                                                    Last edited by SEC; 05-16-2022, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Well, yer kinda making my point…some. With a 4 team playoff and a 1 loss PAC 12 champ making the playoffs last year knocking GA out, would been a hard decision for the committee to put that team in over GA, as most would know they’d get an ass whippin from GA and be the wrong decision. But they’d have to put them in there. With expansion, that would be rectified quick, fast and in a hurry.

And would I like to see those teams make it if they have a loss? Well, not as much as their fans would and bring that enthusiasm caus I would know what’s about to happen. And yes, I’d like to see that extra round, just to fk with em. IOW, brings more in the fold, but the final results would remain the same. But fun to see it for me and a little hope for them. Shoulda read the Michigan and Cincy boards this past playoff. Extra good.

Hey man, being an OU fan, seems like you or anyone should want an expansion and May have a chance if things don’t go OU way during the regular season, for example and especially once joining the SEC, which is a great possibility. Some teams get better as the season goes and have a key loss or 2 up front. Just something to think about.
                                                                      I have been a OU fan for 54 years! I dont want them sneaking into the playoffs or extra games added so they can get in, I want OU to make the other teams beg and grovel to get the 4th spot! Dont make it easy. It will cheapen the system.

Comment

I have been a OU fan for 54 years! I dont want them sneaking into the playoffs or extra games added so they can get in, I want OU to make the other teams beg and grovel to get the 4th spot! Dont make it easy. It will cheapen the system.
                                                                        Ok. Good luck with that. Not diggin at ya. But not good. Especially once they join the SEC.

But have it yer way.

Comment

Does the NFL use only a 4 team playoff..?

Comment

Ok. Good luck with that. Not diggin at ya. But not good. Especially once they join the SEC.

But have it yer way.
                                                                            The SEC is on top of the mountain and they deserve all the credit for there achievements. It doesn't mean that they will be there forever. In the 90's FSU, Nebraska, and Miami dominated college football and now they are terrible. There will be a time when the SEC will not have a team in the four team playoff system. I like the playoffs at four teams. I think it will be difficult to add more games to college football.

In regards to joining the SEC, Im not that concerned about it and I guarantee the players aren't either. It is what it is. If Missouri can make the SEC Championship game twice I think we will be fine. Besides, Alabama and Georgia have proven you dont have to win the SEC Conference or even your division to make the playoffs. Why cant OU make the playoffs?

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

Does the NFL use only a 4 team playoff..?
                                                                              Do you think the NFL regular season is any good?

Comment

#40

It doesn’t cheapen the system. It balances it. This old school thinking that every win is the same and every schedule is the same is out of date and out of touch.

Currently, every SEC team win is weighted more heavily than any other win. That’s not balance. When conference champions don’t play each other or even play similar schedules, they should meet in a playoff. It makes more sense and is more fair for a B1G champ to play an SEC champ in a playoff than to ever have 2 SEC teams play for a second time in the playoffs. That’s just stupid.

Eliminate the BS Cupcake games and expand the playoffs. More meaningful games is good for the sport and good for the fans.

Comment

#41

It's not just the trophy. It's the extra cash that comes with it. For the school, conference and the head coach when he uses the "we made it to the playoffs" card at his next contract or school negotiation. Follow the money.

Comment

#42

It doesn’t cheapen the system. It balances it. This old school thinking that every win is the same and every schedule is the same is out of date and out of touch.

Currently, every SEC team win is weighted more heavily than any other win. That’s not balance. When conference champions don’t play each other or even play similar schedules, they should meet in a playoff. It makes more sense and is more fair for a B1G champ to play an SEC champ in a playoff than to ever have 2 SEC teams play for a second time in the playoffs. That’s just stupid.

Eliminate the BS Cupcake games and expand the playoffs. More meaningful games is good for the sport and good for the fans.
                                                                                    I concede that you do have a point but I do not see how more games can be added to college football than what we have now. Even though the players are now making a wage playing football they still have academic responsibilities, bowl games and the wear and tear on their bodies. Football is different than other sports. Given all of that I like the 4 team system. Alabama and Georgia playing twice doesnt bother me. Hard to argue that they were not the two best teams. The committee got it right.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      "oh it's the meek! blessed are the meek! oh that's nice, isn't it. I'm glad they're getting something, because they're having a helluva time."

.

Comment

#44

The SEC is on top of the mountain and they deserve all the credit for there achievements. It doesn't mean that they will be there forever. In the 90's FSU, Nebraska, and Miami dominated college football and now they are terrible. There will be a time when the SEC will not have a team in the four team playoff system. I like the playoffs at four teams. I think it will be difficult to add more games to college football.

In regards to joining the SEC, Im not that concerned about it and I guarantee the players aren't either. It is what it is. If Missouri can make the SEC Championship game twice I think we will be fine. Besides, Alabama and Georgia have proven you dont have to win the SEC Conference or even your division to make the playoffs. Why cant OU make the playoffs?
                                                                                        Hey man, if you are making a case for Moo making the SECCG is the norm for folks out that way, you don’t have a clue. Im
                                                                                        wasting my breath, as usual here anyway. Yes, they captured the East when they were really down(I know, I know I’m making excuses) but they may NEVER see the SECCG again and wouldn’t before. Actually to thier credit, they had a helluva recruiting class this past year and I have No beef with Misery. But if you put that as a gauge, all I can say is shame on yer ass. It won’t be good.

Regarding OU making the playoffs? They can…if they beat everyone in the SEC and win the conference…or have No losses and happen to get beat in the SECCG and have one and “sneak in” …or that’s what history has held. Past that, better hope for expansion or may be worse than before in the BIG 12…at least they will know where they stand amongst the best.

As far as the “mountain”, you seem like this run of the SEC is an anomaly and will reside one day…it won’t. So put that in that pipe to smoke on and except it and reevaluate yer position far as the other conferences…basically what Sankey is saying and you are naive to except by your posts.

Comment

#45

Hey man, if you are making a case for Moo making the SECCG is the norm for folks out that way, you don’t have a clue. Im
                                                                                          wasting my breath, as usual here anyway. Yes, they captured the East when they were really down(I know, I know I’m making excuses) but they may NEVER see the SECCG again and wouldn’t before. Actually to thier credit, they had a helluva recruiting class this past year and I have No beef with Misery. But if you put that as a gauge, all I can say is shame on yer ass. It won’t be good.

Regarding OU making the playoffs? They can…if they beat everyone in the SEC and win the conference…or have No losses and happen to get beat in the SECCG and have one and “sneak in” …or that’s what history has held. Past that, better hope for expansion or may be worse than before in the BIG 12…at least they will know where they stand amongst the best.

As far as the “mountain”, you seem like this run of the SEC is an anomaly and will reside one day…it won’t. So put that in that pipe to smoke on and except it and reevaluate yer position far as the other conferences…basically what Sankey is saying and you are naive to except by your posts.
                                                                                          Im not worried about OU and neither is anyone on the OU staff. We will be just fine.

Comment

#46

Im not worried about OU and neither is anyone on the OU staff. We will be just fine.
                                                                                            Hold on to that thought and not expanding. Should serve real well. And no, I’m not trying to be an asshole here.

Comment

#47

Hold on to that thought and not expanding. Should serve real well. And no, I’m not trying to be an asshole here.
                                                                                              I have never thought you were. I am glad you post here. I like your prospective on things and you share information I am not aware of a lot of the times. I am excited about joining the SEC and I have no worries about being successful. Now if our former coach was still here I would be worried.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post
                                                                                                God damn, this guy is weird. He literally thinks he is the SEC.
                                                                                                Are you suggesting I ain’t, Dirtbooglar???

Comment

#49

Because the SEC Champ will be in the CFP. And maybe 2 teams. It’s happened more than once. No other conference has done that.
                                                                                                  Really? In 2021 Clemson and Notre Dame reached the playoff.

Comment

#50

I concede that you do have a point but I do not see how more games can be added to college football than what we have now. Even though the players are now making a wage playing football they still have academic responsibilities, bowl games and the wear and tear on their bodies. Football is different than other sports. Given all of that I like the 4 team system. Alabama and Georgia playing twice doesnt bother me. Hard to argue that they were not the two best teams. The committee got it right.
                                                                                                    I would rather eliminate the cupcake games and play more meaningful playoff games. I’d even support eliminating some noncon games for more playoff games. If we’re worried about playing too many games, maybe stop playing the meaningless ones and advocate for the games that actually matter and the ones people want to see.

Im tired of the best teams dodging each other every year. Let them play in a playoff. The top 8 teams should be playing each other every year.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1