X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone on this thread needs to get a life

Comment

Originally posted by amtc View Post

So by your logic OU and/or Utah deserved to be In the playoffs last year and Georgia didn’t? Expanding the playoffs undermines the importance of the regular season and allow a team to get in that doesn’t belong. 4 teams is a good fit and I don’t care how many teams a conference has in the playoffs.
      You know what undermines the season?

P4 teams playing Chatanooga, Citadel, Montana State and the like to fill out their schedule with a few more wins. Not having a system in place designed to fuck over really good teams would be welcomed. As Sankey said, they’ll continue to laugh all the way to the bank as it is.
      Nowhere did I say OU deserved the CFP last year so you can wad that little opinion up and throw it out.
      The SEC being so good it deserves special treatment may be statistically true but there will be times when they don’t have a perfect setup in the semis. Who among us thought Ohio State would be Bammer in the first CFP with a third string QB? Who among us thought Clemson would hand Nick Saban the most lopsided loss of his Bama tenure?

Know why Georgia got the floor wiped with their asses in the CCG but not in the NCG? Something about that regular season not meaning much, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post

Hold on to that thought and not expanding. Should serve real well. And no, I’m not trying to be an asshole here.
        Don't really have to try ....

Comment

Originally posted by WoadBlue View Post

Really? In 2021 Clemson and Notre Dame reached the playoff.
          Notre Dame is not in the ACC.

Comment

I dont think the PAC 12, ACC, Big 12, or the Big 10 needs the SEC commissioner to look out for them. The SEC has had a good run and they should be proud of that but, to "look out" for other conferences is ridiculous.
            Everybody should stop being daft. What "he is saying" is that if the SEC starts routinely getting two teams in the playoff, leaving out the PAC and OU-less Big XII pretty much every year -- fans in the gigantic West Coast TV markets will stop altogether watching college football on TV. (So will the mid-west fans in the Big XII footprint, but there's not really enough of them to matter....). if only one ACC team has a shot a playoff bid (Clemson), fans of other schools will lose some of their loyalty and TV ratings there will decline.

And what if most of the country starts losing interest in College Football on TV? The other conferences will keep getting worse, to the point that it won't even be fun for SEC to watch their champions beat up on the "meek" from the now mediocre conferences across the fruited plain.

And when that all happens, everybody gets less money. College presidents get less money. Athletic Directors and Associate Athletic Directors get less money. Coaches get less money, and there's less money for NIL. And Conference Officials will get way less money.

So, he's not really worrying about the other conferences. He's worrying about himself.

Comment

I have been driving south through Florida the last 2 days. A ton of billboards for Florida gators season tickets. I guess they are going through a drought.

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post

Notre Dame is not in the ACC.
                Point beside the point. Notre Dame is in the Non-Conference.

Comment

Do you think the NFL regular season is any good?
                  [Minus my opinion], what do the ratings for NFL show as far as commensurate to payout..?
                  It seems a product is well placed (& viewed) despite having more than a "4 team playoff"...

Comment

Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

[Minus my opinion], what do the ratings for NFL show as far as commensurate to payout..?
                    It seems a product is well placed (& viewed) despite having more than a "4 team playoff"...
                    Honestly I don’t know. Personally, I think the NFL regular season is boring and the NFL and CFB are entirely different. Even if everyone wanted to expand the playoffs I don’t see how you can. Simply adding more games won’t work. There are too many demands on the student athlete for one. Also I dont think players and coaches favor expanding the playoffs. I think we have a great system now. I dont want to see a 8-4 PAC 12 champion in the playoffs.

Comment

Honestly I don’t know. Personally, I think the NFL regular season is boring and the NFL and CFB are entirely different. Even if everyone wanted to expand the playoffs I don’t see how you can. Simply adding more games won’t work. There are too many demands on the student athlete for one. Also I dont think players and coaches favor expanding the playoffs. I think we have a great system now. I dont want to see a 8-4 PAC 12 champion in the playoffs.
                      In a year or 2, the "student-athlete" moniker may go the way of Big8/ SWC/ Dodo bird/ leaded gas/ penny candy, & (potentially) NCAA is it now stands...
                      I can see your point of view & think all are open to own interpretation but I also see it (CFP) moving to a larger playoff similar to division 2 & 3 at 20-ish..?

Comment

The Paul Finebaum show comes on here at six-----I turned the car on and his show was on-----I listened for 10 minutes-----Most of his callers must have been extras in Deliverance

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                        X
                        UA-124223861-1