First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The War Between Saban and Jimbo

So, who is everybody pulling for in this one between two schools most OU fans hate...

The comments are great...

Comment

The Finebaum Show will be LIT this afternoon!

Comment

In this one, give me Saban and Bama. We'll be recruiting more against A&M, and Jimbo is younger. Anything that hurts A&M is good for us. Saban might retire next year, or he might retire in 10 years. Plus, Bama is a blueblood. A&M is a wannabe.

But this is why A&M is paying Jimbo the big bucks. He's going to bat for their interests.

Break out the popcorn.

Comment

SEC Meetings in Destin in a couple of weeks should be televised live with everything going to be discussed there.

Comment

No winners in this matchup, Stinky Joe says "Nick is acting like a little bitch" and I'm guessing T-A&M just might get hammered by those that are. Now take that possum and run with it.

Comment

Hate Bama but I respect Saban for standing up for what he thinks is right.

Comment

I am with Saban on this. No doubt in my mind. He is absolutely right.

Comment

They can tear each other down for all I care. That's what's best for Oklahoma.

Jimbo is so remarkably full of shit, however. I mean, I have no doubt that his hatred for Saban at this point is visceral, but his denials are parsed bullshit. Jimbo says, "We never broke state law. Our kids never broke state law." Ergo, Saban is saying our kids broke the law! That's BS. Saban never said that aTm commits broke state law. He said aTm is doing pay for play (along with Miami and wherever Coach Prime coaches). That is very different from state law. Basically, Jimbo is hiding behind legal permissions, which can and do still run afoul of NCAA restrictions on pay for play.

Comment

aTms sudden recruiting prowess actually may have helped shine the light on the cockroaches, he just didn’t think it would be his cockroaches. Limits and rules will be forth coming concerning NIL.

Comment

It’s hilarious that Saban says they didn’t buy any players. He’s a good liar if he can say that with a straight face. Hypocrite.

Comment

I think Saban hit the nail on the head with the way Jimbo Aggy came out making noise about no laws being broken. He obfuscated.

Comment

3 coaches I would never let my Boys' play for:

Jimbo Fisher
                          Dan Mullin
                          Lane Kiffin

They are straight up liars. Everyone knows the SEC has had bag men all along. Now that coaches are outing other coaches for these collective deals its going to get a whole lot nastier. Ill be curious to see what comes out from the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobman View Post
                            3 coaches I would never let my Boys' play for:

Jimbo Fisher
                            Dan Mullin
                            Lane Kiffin

They are straight up liars. Everyone knows the SEC has had bag men all along. Now that coaches are outing other coaches for these collective deals its going to get a whole lot nastier. Ill be curious to see what comes out from the past.
                            Nothing will. Jimbo was on Saban's staff for many years. IF he had proof of anything he is saying, he should present it now. Even IF he did have it, he likely wouldn't present it because it's likely that he was guilty as well when he served on Saban's staff. Joel Klatt made a good point on an interview on a Birmingham show after Jimbo's press conference - Saban went after the way A&M is misusing the current system, ultimately criticizing the system. Jimbo went after Saban personally. Saban did not attach Jimbo personally.

Comment

I think it’s interesting that Saban is calling foul now. A year ago he was proudly proclaiming that his QB was making over a million bucks without having even taken a single snap. For years we saw pics of the cars in the Bama football dorm parking lot and we all knew those players, who were not allowed to have even part time jobs, had no ability to pay for them. Saban isn’t mad that A$Mis cheating. He’s mad that the Ags can pay more than he can and always will be able to do so. I also wonder if his righteous indignation is a way of deflecting attention away from his program now that the announcement has been made that penalties will be levied, even after the fact, on those schools that brazenly broke the NIL rules or at least perverted their original intent.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post
                                I think it’s interesting that Saban is calling foul now. A year ago he was proudly proclaiming that his QB was making over a million bucks without having even taken a single snap. For years we saw pics of the cars in the Bama football dorm parking lot and we all knew those players, who were not allowed to have even part time jobs, had no ability to pay for them. Saban isn’t mad that A$Mis cheating. He’s mad that the Ags can pay more than he can and always will be able to do so. I also wonder if his righteous indignation is a way of deflecting attention away from his program now that the announcement has been made that penalties will be levied, even after the fact, on those schools that brazenly broke the NIL rules or at least perverted their original intent.
                                You make a good point. I can’t say it’s unlikely.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
                                    Why? They won't show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
                                      Shane B bringing the smoke!

Aggy is such an easy target. I hope collie cult never changes. Such a great whipping horse.

Comment

Do people actually think that Aggies having one of the greatest classes in CFB history right after introduction of NIL was a coincidence? Didn’t Jimbo virtually admit they were paying kids even before NIL? Jimbo needs to keep his mouth shut, he ain’t a victim, neither are the 17-18 year old deal chasers he signed.

Just embrace your new sinister role. You have money and you want to buy a NC.

Comment

Is this a GD SEC board? Can we please have a SEC Catch All Thread or All Things SEC.
                                          This is BS

Comment

How offended was soonergrad at Jimbo's PC....

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post
                                              How offended was soonergrad at Jimbo's PC....
                                              Who cares? He rivals socali’s dumbassery.
                                              Last edited by OUrage; 05-19-2022, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LT-OU View Post
                                                I think Saban hit the nail on the head with the way Jimbo Aggy came out making noise about no laws being broken. He obfuscated.
                                                If Saban is upset with A&M just wait until Texas joins! They are even worse!

Comment

It may have already been mentioned, but I saw where he also took a shot at Deion Sanders, about how they paid a guy $1M to come to Jackson St., talking about Travis Hunter. Although Deion and Hunter adamantly claim that isn't true, but I thought Saban and Deion were Aflac buddies?

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
                                                    The Finebaum Show will be LIT this afternoon!
                                                    "Paaaaaaaauuuulll, I wanna tell you that Jim-Bum needs to know his place. Him and Cow-turd are peas from the same pod."

Comment

My wife lost interest in football, but is all in on those "real housewives" shows with all the drama. This feud might win her back to football.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if this whole Saban vs. Jimbo thing has been orchestrated by Greg Sankey.

Comment

Does this mean that I don't have to watch aggy strut around Dallas claiming all of Alabama's success anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post
                                                            Does this mean that I don't have to watch aggy strut around Dallas claiming all of Alabama's success anymore?
                                                            No, but maybe without the Pimp Stick.

Comment

Comment

How many times did Jimbo mention that 17 year olds were not breaking the law.

Newsflash to Jimbo-this isn't about 17 year olds or law breaking. It is about you cheating to get players under the guise of NIL.

Comment

The 77-0 beat down by OU on Aggies may be broken in Tuscaloosa this season. What will Mike Lupica say if it happens?

Comment

We need this sort of slap fight every offseason.

Comment

It is a beautiful campus. I do hope the nuke reactor that they have never melts down. (now reverse it and that's what I feel about aggie.)

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post
                                                                        I am with Saban on this. No doubt in my mind. He is absolutely right.
                                                                        This is like two bad guys on Championship Rasslin' having a dramatic postmatch confrontation just before the program signs off for the evening, so that all the kids watching will tune in next week. Take your pick.

I'll take the one who has never denied being an asshole, which would be Saban, of course. As for Jimbo and his sudden righteousness, "Let's go Jimbo."

Comment

Originally posted by NWOSURanger View Post
                                                                          It is a beautiful campus. I do hope the nuke reactor that they have never melts down. (now reverse it and that's what I feel about aggie.)

Comment

In case someone hasn't seen the Aggie campus, it is ugly and barren as hell and looks like a nuclear powerplant.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Saban is right in that Jimbo bought virtually the entire class this year. But Jimbo is pretty much correct that Saban doesn't need to be pointing the finger at anyone. It will be interesting to see how the bagmen react at A*M when half of their 22 class hits the portal in 2 years.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by Bustarime View Post
                                                                                In case someone hasn't seen the Aggie campus, it is ugly and barren as hell and looks like a nuclear powerplant.
                                                                                Other than the gameday atmosphere and the quality education in some disciplines like engineering (which not a lot of football players are interested in), aTm has very little to offer. Ugly campus. Uglier women.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
                                                                                  So, who is everybody pulling for in this one between two schools most OU fans hate...
                                                                                  Brother you have been told I don't know how many times. OU fans do not "hate" Alabama. Hell, our coaches all know each other and have all worked on things together.

Of all the blue blood teams out there, we share more in common with Bama than the rest.

There is a mutual respect there and most OU fans admire what Saban has done because we are by and large a knowledgeable football fanbase who appreciates how hard it is to do what he has accomplished.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Listen to this self righteous mother fucker

FLASHBACK TO ONE MONTH AFTER FISCHER ARRIVED AT COLLEGE STATION

NCAA penalizes Texas A&M football program; Jimbo Fisher hit with six-month show-cause for violations

The Texas A&M Aggies football program, namely head coach Jimbo Fisher, committed recruiting and countable athletic related activity violations between January 2018 and February 2019, the NCAA announced Thursday.

The agreement states that Fisher "failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance because of his personal involvement" regarding the recruiting violation, which involved Fisher and an assistant visiting a prospect at high school prior to the completion of his junior year.

As a result, Texas A&M will be on probation for one year, pay a $5,000 fine and a 10-day off-campus recruiting ban for the entire coaching staff for the fall 2020 period. Fisher was hit with a six-month show-cause penalty, which would end Jan. 1, 2021.

Under that show-cause, Fisher was banned from using phone, email or text to contact prospects for a nine-day period in January. The Aggies also reduced his off-campus recruiting days in December 2019 and January. He will also not be able to recruit in-person during the fall contact period.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
                                                                                      Uglier women.
                                                                                      The crew cuts make it even worse...

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Both a right. If anyone knows we’re the bodies are buried in T town it would be Jimbo.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by SoopaSooner View Post
                                                                                          Both a right. If anyone knows we’re the bodies are buried in T town it would be Jimbo.
                                                                                          BR

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Let's say for sake of argument that A&M and USC have boosters that arranged to pay these recruits and transfers millions.

How on earth is that going to work in the ultimate team game? How are the other players – probably working harder than these prima donnas – going to regard them?

So, you have the team morale issue which is a huge thing in CFB.

But then you also have these well-paid college kids... Their motivation to prove themselves is going to be drastically reduced. All a sudden, it's not about the NFL anymore because even among 5-stars, the odds are low you are ever going to make a roster, let alone make millions. And they will already have flash cars and tons of Instagram consumption... You have to think their motivation level is going to drop way down.

And what happens when a slacking 18-year-old millionaire doesn't want to follow team rules and listen to the coaches or work hard in the weight room? Now, a coach isn't going to play some kid when someone very tightly associated with the program has a huge contract on the line?

There are going to be tons of unintended and unpredictable consequences.

Football isn't basketball where one player can make a team great just by showing up and using their raw talent.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Now coach prime in on Sabans remarks:

COACH PRIME

@DeionSanders
                                                                                              You best believe I will address that LIE Coach SABAN told tomorrow. I was & awakened by my son
                                                                                              @ShedeurSanders
                                                                                              that sent me the article stating that WE PAYED
                                                                                              @TravisHunterJr
                                                                                              a Million to play at
                                                                                              @GoJSUTigersFB
                                                                                              ! We as a PEOPLE don’t have to pay our PEOPLE to play with our PEOPLE.

Off season getting good.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                More action with this than Stoops calling out the SEC because 6 or 7 teams are average, at best.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by MichSooner View Post
                                                                                                  More action with this than Stoops calling out the SEC because 6 or 7 teams are average, at best.
                                                                                                  That’s a lot of action! Ha

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by amtc View Post

If Saban is upset with A&M just wait until Texas joins! They are even worse!
                                                                                                    This! Didn't UT essentially guarantee their entire OL recruiting class at least $50K a year per recruit?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1