Originally posted by VUGear View Post
    The comments are great...

Who cares,

Comment

Originally posted by AZsooner View Post
      Who cares,
      We glad you could come play.

Comment

Ya just hate to see two paragons of virtue tear into one another like that. Could their pastors bring them together for reconciliation and hugs?

Comment

We as a PEOPLE don’t have to pay our PEOPLE to play with our PEOPLE.
          Deion playing the race card there?

Not to mention, his whole supposition is inane.

Comment

Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post

I caught that too, Cal.

Comment

Well, since Jackson State is an HBCU, it's probably a wise thing to do on Deion's part. Saban should tread lightly commenting on guys choosing to play at historic black colleges.
              Last edited by AdonijahAijalon; 05-20-2022, 03:23 AM.

Comment

This is like watching 2 midgets fight. Where’s SoCali? Let’s get all the midgets in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                  This is like watching 2 midgets fight. Where’s SoCali? Let’s get all the midgets in the ring.
                  Lead the way…

Comment

The conversation here has been about Saban vs Jimbo. But listen to what Saban is actually saying - about how it affects other non-revenue generating sports. There's a lot of truth to what he's saying. Bob was another guy who was phenomenal at predicting what consequences said changes would have etc. I'd love to hear his thoughts on this matter as well. Not in a public forum. It's PC to say it's good for players but is it really good for the sport? Do we want to keep doing things that are good for players just to get to a point where it destroys the sport, passion of fan base, etc?

Comment

A&m has the $$$ more than anyone in the SEC right now

Comment

Originally posted by MuleshoeSooner View Post

This! Didn't UT essentially guarantee their entire OL recruiting class at least $50K a year per recruit?
                        You mean like OU has now done with its football, basketball, and softball players?

Comment

Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

You mean like OU has now done with its football, basketball, and softball players?
                          But we haven’t done that. We’ve guaranteed you the opportunity to make that much. And we haven’t even done that. Nothings been approved and the $ isn’t in place yet.

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
                            So, who is everybody pulling for in this one between two schools most OU fans hate...
                            Two Hookers calling each other sluts.

Comment

Meh. Mere sideshow. BV will take over CFB. Sooner than those two realize.

Comment

Saban doesn't just say shit like that for no reason. Bama has millions invested in recruiting and you know they have evidence. The NCAA is in no position to track it down and enforce anything at this stage.

The NCAA will dissolve. The Conferences will make their own rules with a voluntary committee representing the major conferences setting a ceiling on things.

It is inevitable or the demise of CFB as we know it is coming.

Jimbo reacted like a predictable Aggie. He should have stayed above it, especially knowing his vulnerabilities.

Comment

Per Lehman and Ikard who have spoken to OU players and coaches, the players earn points for doing charity work. Most players will not earn enough points to get $50k. According to the players who spoke with Gabe and Teddy, most players will get $10-25k. After what transpired at a recent meeting regarding guardrails on NIL and the portal, OU may be reevaluating its NIL Collective plan.

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

Per Lehman and Ikard who have spoken to OU players and coaches, the players earn points for doing charity work. Most players will not earn enough points to get $50k. According to the players who spoke with Gabe and Teddy, most players will get $10-25k. After what transpired at a recent meeting regarding guardrails on NIL and the portal, OU may be reevaluating its NIL Collective plan.
                                    The underlined part I was definitely wondering about. The NCAA basically said, "From this day forward, tread carefully."

Comment

Originally posted by MuleshoeSooner View Post

This! Didn't UT essentially guarantee their entire OL recruiting class at least $50K a year per recruit?
                                      So did OU

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

Reminds me of one of the things Brent mentioned when I heard him at the Coaches Caravan earlier this week. He spent several minutes talking about the S.O.U.L. Mission program. He introduced Caleb Kelly, now one of its directors, who was in attendance. (FWIW, I think the S.O.U.L. Mission program is awesome) It's about character development, life skills, and helping players in careers after college. The words I heard Brent use were "it's part of their NIL package". It's something they're doing for the players. Brent then went on to mention a recruit that texted him and asked him how big his NIL package would be. Brent said he backed off the recruit, and that the recruit went to Texas. He then mentioned that he's looking forward to competing against that player at the RRR.

So, yes, OU is taking NIL slowly. It tracks with OU Compliance's very conservative policies and Brent's views on running a program, which he picked up from Dabo.

NIL is crazy in the beginning, but it will balance out at the end once the bugs are worked out. Slow and steady wins the race. In the meantime, I expect the BMDs from A&M, UT and some of our other competitors to blow through gobs of money.
                                          Last edited by johnintx; 05-20-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

the thing about selling your soul to a bunch of rich boosters like a&m has done is that in the beginning it's all good, hey look at this class we signed. later on those same boosters begin to ask why the player they paid for isn't playing? why haven't we won a National Championship? Why don't I have better seats? Why don't we have a better coach?

Comment

I had some incidental contact with Prime away from the media lens (more than once) and he's totally different than his public image. Quiet, under the radar, and kind of an ass. Doesn't talk to anybody, travels with his lone bodyguard. They both dress down and keep to themselves. He looks like some average joe out of the hood and most people wouldn't even recognize him. But maybe we'd be the same way, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerBAS View Post
                                                the thing about selling your soul to a bunch of rich boosters like a&m has done is that in the beginning it's all good, hey look at this class we signed. later on those same boosters begin to ask why the player they paid for isn't playing? why haven't we won a National Championship? Why don't I have better seats? Why don't we have a better coach?
                                                To know A&M is to know a desperate fan base. I remember Eric Dickerson's Trans Am in the late 70's, and I remember when they gave Jackie Sherrill a then-record salary to come there in the 80's. I remember their success (when Texas was down) and subsequent probations. I also remember their move to the SEC, where they've tried to claim Alabama's success as their own.

I have a lot of friends that are Aggies, and I like them. My wife wonders why I don't like A&M. But their desperation to become a college football powerhouse leads them to do silly things. Their use of the beginning of NIL is another example.

Comment

Good point. I think the straw that might break the camel's back is how these players can apparently accept NIL monies and then hit the transfer portal. Not sure if true but a UT fan was telling me last month that their new transfer QB accepted a million from an Ohio State NIL deal and hit the portal to Texas.

You'd have to figure that ain't gonna float too much longer. lol

Comment

Comment

I figured this is as good as good a place as any to share for those who haven't visited this site: https://aggypedia.com/

There is some absolute gold here.

Comment

Originally posted by johnintx View Post

So, yes, OU is taking NIL slowly. It tracks with OU Compliance's very conservative policies and Brent's views on running a program, which he picked up from Dabo.
                                                        Wasn't Clemson funneling money to players through a church?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                                          Saban doesn't just say shit like that for no reason. Bama has millions invested in recruiting and you know they have evidence. The NCAA is in no position to track it down and enforce anything at this stage.

The NCAA will dissolve. The Conferences will make their own rules with a voluntary committee representing the major conferences setting a ceiling on things.

It is inevitable or the demise of CFB as we know it is coming.

Jimbo reacted like a predictable Aggie. He should have stayed above it, especially knowing his vulnerabilities.
                                                          Dan Wetzel thinks the NCAA will now have to investigate.

Saban, Fisher, and any player can be compelled to provide specifics or face NCAA sanctions.

He says a player can be offered immunity / free transfer in return for telling what they know. If they refuse, they can have their eligibility revoked.

Will any of that happen? I have my doubts.
                                                          In today's edition of As The College Football World Turns... Nick Saban threw a jab out late Wednesday night accusing Texas A&M of buying all of their players. Jimbo Fisher fired back in a fiery rant during a press conference he called to address the allegations on Thursday. Dan Wetzel and SI's Pat…
                                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by JerzeySooner View Post

Wasn't Clemson funneling money to players through a church?
                                                            I think that was Auburn. Cam Newton.

Comment

Mississippi State.

Comment

Not sure if you have kids that have played, but some of the best players out there come from nothing.

If you are living with a family of 6 on an income of 30k a year, someone wants to drop $100k in you lap to go to Aggieville, you are going.

Comment

It was Clemson: https://www.secrant.com/rant/gamecock-sports/newspring-chruch-pastor-fired---pay4play-with-clemson-recruits-investigation/64352303/

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Dan Wetzel thinks the NCAA will now have to investigate.

Saban, Fisher, and any player can be compelled to provide specifics or face NCAA sanctions.

He says a player can be offered immunity / free transfer in return for telling what they know. If they refuse, they can have their eligibility revoked.

Will any of that happen? I have my doubts.
                                                                    That may have been the hope of Saban.

It's not just Saban complaining about it-- it's just that he did it in public. But there are plenty of coaches out there speaking in generalities (because they won't name the kids) about kids asking first and foremost about NIL deals. "Hey, so-and-so is promising me this much if I sign. What about you guys?" And they know who else is recruiting those kids. There is a lot of overlap, and when they start hearing the same numbers thrown out by recruits who are being recruited by the same schools, it becomes more than just speculation, particularly when you see where they end up.

I figured out why Jimbo is hiding behind state law, other than to obfuscate. My Aggie friends say that Texas state law requires all NIL deals to be publicly disclosed. But the problem is these aren't NIL deals. All that allows schools to do is hold up the public NIL deal and distract (the NCAA) from what is going on that isn't NIL. NIL is supposed to be Name Image Likeness, but in actuality, it has become a catchall to pay for play. Even Jimbo has tacitly acknowledged that in his prior statements about "NIL has always been going on." Sure, I'll give you this NIL deal to pimp out Canes franchise or my Ford dealership, and in the meantime my buddy here will pay you on the downlow if you sign to play with us.

Comment

Not sure if you have kids that have played, but some of the best players out there come from nothing.

If you are living with a family of 6 on an income of 30k a year, someone wants to drop $100k in you lap to go to Aggieville, you are going.
                                                                      I think you misread the post of mine that you quoted as being the players shouldn't take the money if I am reading your reply correctly and that really wasn't the point I was making but rather that when someone is paying players to go to a school the person paying out that money at some point is going to think he or she has influence with the school over decisions about who should play or if a coach should be hired or fired.

everyone has said the downfall of UT was that the boosters wanted a say in everything, if a&m isn't careful they could find themselves in a similar situation where they are answering to the money folks.

Comment

I did not know that. I'm familiar with that church, but I wasn't familiar with their relationship with the Clemson program.

Comment

That may have been the hope of Saban.

It's not just Saban complaining about it-- it's just that he did it in public.
                                                                          OR SOMEONE - ANYONE - TO INVESTIGATE

Saban and Fisher are now both facing reprimands from the SEC, but the damage is done. Fisher told the world that, while he and other current head coaches were working under Saban, who has the largest active coaching tree in the sport, Alabama was breaking NCAA recruiting rules. That is one of the most damning accusations you can face in this sport. What if they do choose to investigate? How many coaches still on the sidelines throughout the country will be facing down consequences? How will Alabama’s legacy and national championships overcome these kinds of violations? And we’re not just talking about Alabama here — if these coaches are everywhere, and if it was, in fact, an open secret that everyone was sort of breaking the rules and not talking about it, this is the equivalent of a nuclear bomb to the sport.

Comment

OR SOMEONE - ANYONE - TO INVESTIGATE
                                                                            JF is striking out. While he is what you highlighted, at Saban, he’s afraid to really shine the light. He’s only going “so far”…I heard him hammmer Saban and his former head coaches re his antics from the past…

I’m with most here, and it’s probably true Saban has been somewhat guilty, but he is shining not a light, but a fkn Q beam on this shit and he fkn knows it will cost him in this but something has to be done.

Talking about the have and have nots… Saban is actually going against the grain to shine this light.

This all will get uglier because of this and,
                                                                            Again, Saban is leading this charge.

Comment

#88
                                                                              Originally posted by SEC View Post

JF is striking out. While he is, what you highlighted, at Saban, he’s afraid to really shine the light. I heard him hammmer Saban and his former head coaches re his antics.

I’m with most here, and it’s probably true Saban has been somewhat guilty, but he is shining not a light, but a fkn Q beam on this shit and he fkn knows it will cost him in this but something a soy has to be done.

Finally, someone has called it: something a soy has to be done. Here in Indiana, we can supply the soy.

Comment

#89
                                                                                Originally posted by Balko View Post
                                                                                [/B]

Finally, someone has called it: something a soy has to be done. Here in Indiana, we can supply the soy.
                                                                                Fukn phone man. Reread. GD you Fukn scholars.

Einstein has nothing on youse guysms. I’m almost embarrassed to be here…

ALMOST

Comment

#90
                                                                                  We're all a little bit embarrssed to be here.

Comment

#91
                                                                                    Originally posted by Balko View Post
                                                                                    We're all a little bit embarrssed to be here.
                                                                                    BTW, I’m partial to Kikkoman

Comment

#92
                                                                                      Originally posted by SEC View Post

Fukn phone man. Reread. GD you Fukn scholars.

Einstein has nothing on youse guysms. I’m almost embarrassed to be here…

ALMOST
                                                                                      We’re ALL embarrassed you are here.

Comment

#93
                                                                                        Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post

We’re ALL embarrassed you are here.
                                                                                        Good.

Sorry.

Jabbhadada. Mr. Kernel 3 legs.

You’ll be glad One day tho..

Comment

#94
                                                                                          Jabbhadada!?! Did your phone type that, too?

Comment

#95
                                                                                            Jabbhadada!?! Did your phone type that, too?
                                                                                            Nope. That is YOUR ignorance. See? Mr. Scholar, always picking on me. …

Dont know what that means, eh?

Look, we don’t need to have a spelling contest Mr. Smarty. Or anyone else here. You bit, and I will divulge. But watch it with the uneducated shit. I’ve already told you, I’m here for the malarkey, some seriousness, but mostly malarkey. And that’s what’s awesome about this site. Now, wanna know what that jhabaddaddada means? It is definitely not without an explanation..

Comment

#96
                                                                                              Ohhhh!!!! jhabaddaddada. That’s different.

I thought you said Jabbhadada.

Comment

#97
                                                                                                Ohhhh!!!! jhabaddaddada. That’s different.

I thought you said Jabbhadada.
                                                                                                Can be either or, however you want to interpret. It’s kinda hard. But we can be absolute. That’s mainly the trend here.

Either way, I like jhabbahadada…but it can be interpreted many ways, according to your ears.

Comment

#98
                                                                                                  We’ll give us the background explanation. All of us on this board are waiting with bait breath.

Comment

#99
                                                                                                    We’ll give us the background explanation. All of us on this board are waiting with bait breath.
                                                                                                    It means,

A crocodile…

That walks…

Like a man.

Comment

I see this meme is more relevant than ever.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1