Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klatt thinks we'll have our worst season since 99

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by H82Lose View Post
    over and under is 8.5
    The link below from Vegas Insider has us as O/U 9.5. I don't know where Colin and Klatt got 7.5 from. Vegas thinks this is a 9 or 10 win team.

    https://www.vegasinsider.com/college...ds/win-totals/

    Comment


      Undefeated!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Stormspencer View Post

        The link below from Vegas Insider has us as O/U 9.5. I don't know where Colin and Klatt got 7.5 from. Vegas thinks this is a 9 or 10 win team.

        https://www.vegasinsider.com/college...ds/win-totals/
        Looks like Bama, Clemson, Georgia and Ohio St. are at 10.5. Us, Pitt, Michigan and Notre Dame are at 9.5. Everyone else is projected to win fewer

        Comment


          I kind of agree with him. Hope I’m wrong

          Comment


            The following is a snippet from the brainiacs, and I tend to agree with Super K's assessment. OU will be improved in every facet next year. I'm not seeing 5 losses, unless we turn into a M.A.S.H unit.

            https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...esday-june-1st

            "My personal prediction for this upcoming season is, as I said last week, that BV and the Sooners are going to shock people but instead of acting shocked, folks are going to act like they kind of knew it all along. And in a sense, that makes sense because when you actually evaluate things for what they are and ignore the false veneer, folks will wonder how they missed it.

            When the Sooners steam roll everyone they play this upcoming season – and yes, that’s what I believe will happen – the media and the football fans around the country and perhaps most importantly, the recruits will see that it all made sense.

            Why? In my opinion, it’s not that complicated. I’ll mention the primary reasons for my prediction in part two but I imagine most of you could guess."

            Comment


              Originally posted by Stormspencer View Post

              The link below from Vegas Insider has us as O/U 9.5. I don't know where Colin and Klatt got 7.5 from. Vegas thinks this is a 9 or 10 win team.

              https://www.vegasinsider.com/college...ds/win-totals/
              this changed, it was 8.5. I think we are a 9-10 win team. Hell, I love these guys are hating on us, you know that will just drive BV more.

              Comment


                I know we’ll be good. How good? Idk. I feel comfortable saying we’ll be in the 9-11 win range. People are overvaluing the level of talent and overestimating the volume of talent that left in Dec while discounting the new staff (which was a position-by-position upgrade). We have a ton of talent left from last year, with some upgrades, major changes in S&C with upgrades in coaching and scheme. We’ll be good. Will we destroy every opponent on the schedule like one or two of the TFBs think? Eh, idk about that. I would love it, and I’m not sure I’d be shocked if that happened. What I do know is the offense won’t take a step back and the defense, while it ~may~ let a deep pass get over the top once in a while, will be a pack of headhunting motherfuckers that are going to knock the shit out of teams.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post
                  Why? In my opinion, it’s not that complicated. I’ll mention the primary reasons for my prediction in part two but I imagine most of you could guess."
                  In a word: culture.

                  Yeah yeah, we're all tired of talking about you-know-who and his downward trending blah blah blah, but the fact remains: OU was soft. You know it, I know it, all of college football knows it. We'd turned into a four-star version of Texas Tech. We bargained with it saying that this is what da yoots and da 'croots were into. But it ended the way it needed to: a firm break, major housecleaning, and a new vision for the program. A vision aligned with certain cultural and historical OU values.

                  OU's culture has changed. We've seen a few small tremors already. No, we're not gonna win 'em all, but the days of being pushed around by inferior talent and inferior programs are over.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
                    In a word: culture.

                    Yeah yeah, we're all tired of talking about you-know-who and his downward trending blah blah blah, but the fact remains: OU was soft. You know it, I know it, all of college football knows it. We'd turned into a four-star version of Texas Tech. We bargained with it saying that this is what da yoots and da 'croots were into. But it ended the way it needed to: a firm break, major housecleaning, and a new vision for the program. A vision aligned with certain cultural and historical OU values.

                    OU's culture has changed. We've seen a few small tremors already. No, we're not gonna win 'em all, but the days of being pushed around by inferior talent and inferior programs are over.
                    It's a long read but worth it. I find it interesting that OU was going to lose more players if Riley had stayed in Norman.

                    https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...d-june-3rd-5th

                    How Good Will the Sooners be? | Part 2
                    "– Super K – Posted on: June 1, 2022

                    As I said in part 1, I’m basically expecting this Sooners team to stream roll everyone on their fall schedule.

                    I accept that even a really good team can have a really bad day and as such have a fluke upset. But OU is, in my opinion, going to be so good that a close game or an upset is going to feel like fluke.

                    The reasons are not particularly complicated.

                    ***I’ll start by reminding everyone that despite the various issues that we know existed under coach Riley (and we’ve laid those out) he was winning and nearly made it back to the Big 12 championship even this past season.

                    ***So, as we go through this exercise, keep in mind that we aren’t comparing elements of what the program is or will be under coach V to a program he inherited that went 6-6 or anything. We know the Sooners have been winning a lot so whatever the Sooners were, if coach Venables can keep it the same or improve in areas, it’s pretty easy to surmise he will win.

                    ***But what the outside world doesn’t know or isn’t considering is once you get past Riley’s name and look a little closer, you’ll see that despite the wins, there was so much room for improvement in the foundational things that make good football programs.

                    I know it’s early but here’s my take…

                    The foundation…

                    ***Culture – under coach Riley, this was falling apart and falling apart fast. Sure the Sooners were winning but for how much longer. Players were getting arrested off the field and appeared unmotivated on the field. Many players would have left if Riley stayed as well.

                    Coach Venables OU culture > Previous OU culture

                    ***Nutrition – this wasn’t coach Riley’s fault. He tried to get a chef for the players but that didn’t happen. Coach Venables made it a stipulation so he got it. But with the previous staff there was also a cultural issue in this regard to nutrition. The players weren’t even showing up for required meals.

                    Coach Venables OU nutrition > Previous OU nutrition

                    ***S&C – we’ve written about this extensively. Once upon time players would transfer to OU and find the S&C program at OU far more challenging than at their previous school (remember DGB stories?). Under Riley’s tenure the Sooners weren’t getting bigger, faster or stronger and the discipline and culture in the S&C program – no bueno.

                    If nothing else changed but the players get bigger, faster and stronger (and they are) that would likely be enough to make the Sooners way better. And the great thing is, Schmitty has evolved since leaving OU. He’s added to his brain trust.

                    Schmitty 2.0 built > Previous OU nutrition

                    On the field…

                    ***Run game – Under the previous staff, the run game was absolutely falling apart. Meanwhile, coach Lebby was running the ball better than anyone else in the SEC with less talent than he currently has at OU.

                    So in a lesser conference with better talent, coach Riley was having less success running the ball.

                    You do the math.

                    Lebby run game > Previous OU run game

                    ***Quarterback – Riley was known as a quarterback guru but we aren’t talking about Baker or Kyler. Those two are long gone. So in this comparison, Riley’s bread and butter doesn’t look great. He had a lot of instability at the QB position last year. Spencer got pulled and Caleb had some amazing plays but wasn’t always stellar in the pass game.

                    The wide receiver development had fallen off so much, so, that could’ve played a role. But in terms of production, I think OU is going to be more than happy with what they get out of Dillon Gabriel. Nothing I’ve heard from inside sources indicate there is going to be any drop off in the passing attack and in fact, just based on the anticipated improvement of the run game, the pass game should open up.

                    Lebby pass game > Last year’s OU pass game

                    ***Defense – need I say anything?

                    Coach Grinch certainly didn’t leave the cupboard bare. But, man, the development was falling off fast.

                    I think this is where you are not only going to see massive improvement, but you’re going to see a defense that is able to absolutely suffocate most of the offenses they face. And I say “most” only because I think there is going to be a learning curve. But the downhill attack, the back end disguise, you’ll see a lot of sacks and a lot of turnovers.

                    I’m predicting OU will definitively have the number one defense in the Big 12. And, even if everything is equal, the defensive improvement along will, in my opinion, be enough to make the Sooners nearly unbeatable on their 2022 schedule.

                    So, I’m predicting the Sooners will take the Big 12 championship. I think they’re going to need to add some talent to win it all but should the Sooners make it to playoffs this season, they’ll put a better fight than the previous staff."

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post
                      The foundation…

                      ***Culture – under coach Riley, this was falling apart and falling apart fast. Sure the Sooners were winning but for how much longer. Players were getting arrested off the field and appeared unmotivated on the field. Many players would have left if Riley stayed as well.

                      Coach Venables OU culture > Previous OU culture
                      .

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

                        More proof that our board is full of geniuses.
                        Live Free or Die!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

                          It's a long read but worth it. I find it interesting that OU was going to lose more players if Riley had stayed in Norman.
                          That is purely speculation. I know 3 players that wouldn't have left had Riley stayed. The speculation that "more" would have left immediately starts at -3. In other words, nobody knows.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post
                            The following is a snippet from the brainiacs, and I tend to agree with Super K's assessment. OU will be improved in every facet next year. I'm not seeing 5 losses, unless we turn into a M.A.S.H unit.

                            https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...esday-june-1st

                            "My personal prediction for this upcoming season is, as I said last week, that BV and the Sooners are going to shock people but instead of acting shocked, folks are going to act like they kind of knew it all along. And in a sense, that makes sense because when you actually evaluate things for what they are and ignore the false veneer, folks will wonder how they missed it.

                            When the Sooners steam roll everyone they play this upcoming season – and yes, that’s what I believe will happen – the media and the football fans around the country and perhaps most importantly, the recruits will see that it all made sense.

                            Why? In my opinion, it’s not that complicated. I’ll mention the primary reasons for my prediction in part two but I imagine most of you could guess."
                            He's smoking something if he thinks we are going to steam roll everyone, but I like his optimism. We'll have our share of seat squirmers. Maybe even a loss or two.

                            But I do think we're the best team in the conference.
                            Live Free or Die!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

                              It's a long read but worth it. I find it interesting that OU was going to lose more players if Riley had stayed in Norman.

                              https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...d-june-3rd-5th

                              How Good Will the Sooners be? | Part 2
                              "– Super K – Posted on: June 1, 2022

                              As I said in part 1, I’m basically expecting this Sooners team to stream roll everyone on their fall schedule.

                              I accept that even a really good team can have a really bad day and as such have a fluke upset. But OU is, in my opinion, going to be so good that a close game or an upset is going to feel like fluke.

                              The reasons are not particularly complicated.

                              ***I’ll start by reminding everyone that despite the various issues that we know existed under coach Riley (and we’ve laid those out) he was winning and nearly made it back to the Big 12 championship even this past season.

                              ***So, as we go through this exercise, keep in mind that we aren’t comparing elements of what the program is or will be under coach V to a program he inherited that went 6-6 or anything. We know the Sooners have been winning a lot so whatever the Sooners were, if coach Venables can keep it the same or improve in areas, it’s pretty easy to surmise he will win.

                              ***But what the outside world doesn’t know or isn’t considering is once you get past Riley’s name and look a little closer, you’ll see that despite the wins, there was so much room for improvement in the foundational things that make good football programs.

                              I know it’s early but here’s my take…

                              The foundation…

                              ***Culture – under coach Riley, this was falling apart and falling apart fast. Sure the Sooners were winning but for how much longer. Players were getting arrested off the field and appeared unmotivated on the field. Many players would have left if Riley stayed as well.

                              Coach Venables OU culture > Previous OU culture

                              ***Nutrition – this wasn’t coach Riley’s fault. He tried to get a chef for the players but that didn’t happen. Coach Venables made it a stipulation so he got it. But with the previous staff there was also a cultural issue in this regard to nutrition. The players weren’t even showing up for required meals.

                              Coach Venables OU nutrition > Previous OU nutrition

                              ***S&C – we’ve written about this extensively. Once upon time players would transfer to OU and find the S&C program at OU far more challenging than at their previous school (remember DGB stories?). Under Riley’s tenure the Sooners weren’t getting bigger, faster or stronger and the discipline and culture in the S&C program – no bueno.

                              If nothing else changed but the players get bigger, faster and stronger (and they are) that would likely be enough to make the Sooners way better. And the great thing is, Schmitty has evolved since leaving OU. He’s added to his brain trust.

                              Schmitty 2.0 built > Previous OU nutrition

                              On the field…

                              ***Run game – Under the previous staff, the run game was absolutely falling apart. Meanwhile, coach Lebby was running the ball better than anyone else in the SEC with less talent than he currently has at OU.

                              So in a lesser conference with better talent, coach Riley was having less success running the ball.

                              You do the math.

                              Lebby run game > Previous OU run game

                              ***Quarterback – Riley was known as a quarterback guru but we aren’t talking about Baker or Kyler. Those two are long gone. So in this comparison, Riley’s bread and butter doesn’t look great. He had a lot of instability at the QB position last year. Spencer got pulled and Caleb had some amazing plays but wasn’t always stellar in the pass game.

                              The wide receiver development had fallen off so much, so, that could’ve played a role. But in terms of production, I think OU is going to be more than happy with what they get out of Dillon Gabriel. Nothing I’ve heard from inside sources indicate there is going to be any drop off in the passing attack and in fact, just based on the anticipated improvement of the run game, the pass game should open up.

                              Lebby pass game > Last year’s OU pass game

                              ***Defense – need I say anything?

                              Coach Grinch certainly didn’t leave the cupboard bare. But, man, the development was falling off fast.

                              I think this is where you are not only going to see massive improvement, but you’re going to see a defense that is able to absolutely suffocate most of the offenses they face. And I say “most” only because I think there is going to be a learning curve. But the downhill attack, the back end disguise, you’ll see a lot of sacks and a lot of turnovers.

                              I’m predicting OU will definitively have the number one defense in the Big 12. And, even if everything is equal, the defensive improvement along will, in my opinion, be enough to make the Sooners nearly unbeatable on their 2022 schedule.

                              So, I’m predicting the Sooners will take the Big 12 championship. I think they’re going to need to add some talent to win it all but should the Sooners make it to playoffs this season, they’ll put a better fight than the previous staff."
                              While I agree alot with this overall. I'm not sure how much will translate to next year right away. I'm not sure about the line play on both sides really. I think we could have some decent pass rushers but tackles are a question mark on defense right now and just about the entire OLine is a question mark as well. I'm not as worried about the other skill positions or QB unless we get injuries.

                              But the changing of the culture is going to be a positive for the long run. By 2024 we should be competing for a national title.


                              I think we'll be at the top of the conference. Baylor is probably the other team to beat with what they've got coming back. Pokes should be pretty good but they usually have a down year after being really good. We have more talent than both overall though.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

                                That is purely speculation. I know 3 players that wouldn't have left had Riley stayed. The speculation that "more" would have left immediately starts at -3. In other words, nobody knows.
                                Interesting. Theo Wease, Justin Harrington, and Brey Walker returned. I remember Mims Sr. wasn't too happy with offense during the season. D. White returned because of Venables. I'm not sure about the pure speculation angle. There was bad energy surrounding Norman last year, and it was public.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

                                  Interesting. Theo Wease, Justin Harrington, and Brey Walker returned. I remember Mims Sr. wasn't too happy with offense during the season. D. White returned because of Venables. I'm not sure about the pure speculation angle. There was bad energy surrounding Norman last year, and it was public.
                                  It's the definition of speculating. X players transferred out when Riley left. An unknown number of players would have transferred out if Riley stayed. Maybe it was more, maybe it was less...nobody knows for sure because both things didn't happen. I'm very sure a different set of players would have left and a different set of players would have stayed. The total numbers, nobody knows.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

                                    It's the definition of speculating. X players transferred out when Riley left. An unknown number of players would have transferred out if Riley stayed. Maybe it was more, maybe it was less...nobody knows for sure because both things didn't happen. I'm very sure a different set of players would have left and a different set of players would have stayed. The total numbers, nobody knows.
                                    I guess it doesn't matter because of the transfer portal.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

                                      I guess it doesn't matter because of the transfer portal.
                                      Right. I'm just saying don't read too much into that statement. He always pumps sunshine.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post

                                        While I agree alot with this overall. I'm not sure how much will translate to next year right away. I'm not sure about the line play on both sides really. I think we could have some decent pass rushers but tackles are a question mark on defense right now and just about the entire OLine is a question mark as well. I'm not as worried about the other skill positions or QB unless we get injuries.

                                        But the changing of the culture is going to be a positive for the long run. By 2024 we should be competing for a national title.


                                        I think we'll be at the top of the conference. Baylor is probably the other team to beat with what they've got coming back. Pokes should be pretty good but they usually have a down year after being really good. We have more talent than both overall though.
                                        The only concern I have is the dline. I hope Redmond can stay healthy and reach his full potential. If the interior of the dline plays well, this team will be tough to beat. We have one of the best dl coaches in America. Let's see what Bates can do.

                                        Comment


                                          Maybe, maybe not, but I'm glad Muleshoe is gone!!!

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Iamright View Post
                                            Maybe, maybe not, but I'm glad Muleshoe is gone!!!
                                            Zactly.

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

                                              More proof that our board is full of geniuses.
                                              You don’t need more proof our board is full of geniuses. All ya gotta do is ask us.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

                                                It's a long read but worth it. I find it interesting that OU was going to lose more players if Riley had stayed in Norman.

                                                https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...d-june-3rd-5th

                                                How Good Will the Sooners be? | Part 2
                                                "– Super K – Posted on: June 1, 2022

                                                As I said in part 1, I’m basically expecting this Sooners team to stream roll everyone on their fall schedule.

                                                I accept that even a really good team can have a really bad day and as such have a fluke upset. But OU is, in my opinion, going to be so good that a close game or an upset is going to feel like fluke.

                                                The reasons are not particularly complicated.

                                                ***I’ll start by reminding everyone that despite the various issues that we know existed under coach Riley (and we’ve laid those out) he was winning and nearly made it back to the Big 12 championship even this past season.

                                                ***So, as we go through this exercise, keep in mind that we aren’t comparing elements of what the program is or will be under coach V to a program he inherited that went 6-6 or anything. We know the Sooners have been winning a lot so whatever the Sooners were, if coach Venables can keep it the same or improve in areas, it’s pretty easy to surmise he will win.

                                                ***But what the outside world doesn’t know or isn’t considering is once you get past Riley’s name and look a little closer, you’ll see that despite the wins, there was so much room for improvement in the foundational things that make good football programs.

                                                I know it’s early but here’s my take…

                                                The foundation…

                                                ***Culture – under coach Riley, this was falling apart and falling apart fast. Sure the Sooners were winning but for how much longer. Players were getting arrested off the field and appeared unmotivated on the field. Many players would have left if Riley stayed as well.

                                                Coach Venables OU culture > Previous OU culture

                                                ***Nutrition – this wasn’t coach Riley’s fault. He tried to get a chef for the players but that didn’t happen. Coach Venables made it a stipulation so he got it. But with the previous staff there was also a cultural issue in this regard to nutrition. The players weren’t even showing up for required meals.

                                                Coach Venables OU nutrition > Previous OU nutrition

                                                ***S&C – we’ve written about this extensively. Once upon time players would transfer to OU and find the S&C program at OU far more challenging than at their previous school (remember DGB stories?). Under Riley’s tenure the Sooners weren’t getting bigger, faster or stronger and the discipline and culture in the S&C program – no bueno.

                                                If nothing else changed but the players get bigger, faster and stronger (and they are) that would likely be enough to make the Sooners way better. And the great thing is, Schmitty has evolved since leaving OU. He’s added to his brain trust.

                                                Schmitty 2.0 built > Previous OU nutrition

                                                On the field…

                                                ***Run game – Under the previous staff, the run game was absolutely falling apart. Meanwhile, coach Lebby was running the ball better than anyone else in the SEC with less talent than he currently has at OU.

                                                So in a lesser conference with better talent, coach Riley was having less success running the ball.

                                                You do the math.

                                                Lebby run game > Previous OU run game

                                                ***Quarterback – Riley was known as a quarterback guru but we aren’t talking about Baker or Kyler. Those two are long gone. So in this comparison, Riley’s bread and butter doesn’t look great. He had a lot of instability at the QB position last year. Spencer got pulled and Caleb had some amazing plays but wasn’t always stellar in the pass game.

                                                The wide receiver development had fallen off so much, so, that could’ve played a role. But in terms of production, I think OU is going to be more than happy with what they get out of Dillon Gabriel. Nothing I’ve heard from inside sources indicate there is going to be any drop off in the passing attack and in fact, just based on the anticipated improvement of the run game, the pass game should open up.

                                                Lebby pass game > Last year’s OU pass game

                                                ***Defense – need I say anything?

                                                Coach Grinch certainly didn’t leave the cupboard bare. But, man, the development was falling off fast.

                                                I think this is where you are not only going to see massive improvement, but you’re going to see a defense that is able to absolutely suffocate most of the offenses they face. And I say “most” only because I think there is going to be a learning curve. But the downhill attack, the back end disguise, you’ll see a lot of sacks and a lot of turnovers.

                                                I’m predicting OU will definitively have the number one defense in the Big 12. And, even if everything is equal, the defensive improvement along will, in my opinion, be enough to make the Sooners nearly unbeatable on their 2022 schedule.

                                                So, I’m predicting the Sooners will take the Big 12 championship. I think they’re going to need to add some talent to win it all but should the Sooners make it to playoffs this season, they’ll put a better fight than the previous staff."
                                                I want to believe

                                                Comment


                                                  I don't think John Blake coaches for OU anymore.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by NWOSURanger View Post
                                                    I don't think John Blake coaches for OU anymore.
                                                    Underrated post.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by NWOSURanger View Post
                                                      I don't think John Blake coaches for OU anymore.
                                                      BOOM! Headshot!

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by NWOSURanger View Post
                                                        I don't think John Blake coaches for OU anymore.

                                                        This is good... Hopefully, those people in hell are not looking for a football coach.

                                                        Comment

                                                        Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                        Collapse

                                                        Go To Top

                                                        Collapse

                                                        Working...
                                                        X
                                                        UA-124223861-1