X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keef View Post

You're an idiot.

In 2021-22:
    Of Oklahoma State's 18 varsity sports, 13 produced top-20 national finishes and six produced top-10 national finishes.
    For the eighth time in the last nine years, Oklahoma State won the all-sports OU/OSU Series.
    Oklahoma State produced 40 All-Americans across 14 sports in 2021-22.
    Five OSU student-athletes earned a Big 12 Player of the Year honor in their respective sport.

But yeah, we should pretend that we are at the G5 level. Partner, I do appreciate the attempt.
    You/OSU fans need to move on from the denial/anger stages of grief. It has been almost a year since OU announced they would be leaving OSU behind and joining the SEC.

OSU fans should stop pounding their chests and trying to convince everyone they are not deserving of their G5 status.

There is a reason why G5 schools like OSU and UCF proudly celebrate phony National Championships. It is fitting both schools are going to be brothers in the new WAC 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Jett View Post

You/OSU fans need to move on from the denial/anger stages of grief. It has been almost a year since OU announced they would be leaving OSU behind and joining the SEC.

OSU fans should stop pounding their chests and trying to convince everyone they are not deserving of their G5 status.

There is a reason why G5 schools like OSU and UCF proudly celebrate phony National Championships. It is fitting both schools are going to be brothers in the new WAC 12.

Ah, I see. Good luck with your trolling bud.

Comment

Ah, I see. Good luck with your trolling bud.
        If that's your way of shouting Uncle, then I accept. Instead of whining about OSU's future G5 status, you should be celebrating. In 2025, OSU will no longer be under the shadow of OU. Good luck in the WAC 12 and enjoy OSU's G5 status.

Comment

If that's your way of shouting Uncle, then I accept. Instead of whining about OSU's future G5 status, you should be celebrating. In 2025, OSU will no longer be under the shadow of OU. Good luck in the WAC 12 and enjoy OSU's G5 status.
          Sorry man, you're about 20 years too late for me on the trolling. Where were you when the original OC existed? I guess if you seriously think there's a difference between the left over Big 12 and all but about 10 schools, that's your prerogative.

Comment

Sorry man, you're about 20 years too late for me on the trolling. Where were you when the original OC existed? I guess if you seriously think there's a difference between the left over Big 12 and all but about 10 schools, that's your prerogative.
            Trolling? I posted a legitimate question to Mazeppa and you voluntarily chimed in.

OSU fans have been whining about OU for years. When OU finally gave OSU their freedom by kicking them to the curb, Cowboy fans/administration became angry and they lashed out in fear. Every school can't be given P4 status.

I believe their is room for P4 and G5 schools. G5 schools should band together and create their own playoff system. They could approach one of the smaller cable sports stations like Outdoor, Stadium or Tennis network. If G5 schools want to survive and remain relevant, they should start thinking outside the box.

Comment

Trolling? I posted a legitimate question to Mazeppa and you voluntarily chimed in.

OSU fans have been whining about OU for years. When OU finally gave OSU their freedom by kicking them to the curb, Cowboy fans/administration became angry and they lashed out in fear. Every school can't be given P4 status.

I believe their is room for P4 and G5 schools. G5 schools should band together and create their own playoff system. They could approach one of the smaller cable sports stations like Outdoor, Stadium or Tennis network. If G5 schools want to survive and remain relevant, they should start thinking outside the box.
              And I answered legitimately?

And we agreed on pretty much everything until you acted like OSU was on par with G5 schools. It's all back up there, go read.

Comment

And I answered legitimately?

And we agreed on pretty much everything until you acted like OSU was on par with G5 schools. It's all back up there, go read.
                If OSU is a P4 school, why are they stuck in a conference with other G5 schools? Why was OSU's administration angry at OU for leaving them behind? It's about adding value, $s. According to the current marketplace, OSU is a G5 school. As long as OSU understands and accepts that fact, they should be successful in their G5 world.

Comment

If OSU is a P4 school, why are they stuck in a conference with other G5 schools? Why was OSU's administration angry at OU for leaving them behind? It's about adding value, $s. According to the current marketplace, OSU is a G5 school. As long as OSU understands and accepts that fact, they should be successful in their G5 world.
                  No they aren't. Do you even pay attention to sports?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

For 365 days a year, there is a mutual disdain between those in the south that wear burnt orange or crimson and cream. Bragging rights are on the line on the second Saturday in October at the Texas State fair every year, and that tradition doesn’t seem to be going anywhere

The Red River rivalry will continue as Oklahoma and Texas move into the SEC, regardless of what the new conference’s schedule might look like.

According to Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione, the Longhorns and Sooners will play each other annually in the Cotton Bowl, no matter what.

“Regardless of the format of eight or nine conference-game schedules, we will always play Texas,” Castiglione told the American-Statesman. “If the SEC sticks with its current model of just eight league games, the format will be one permanent rival (OU-Texas) and seven rotating teams.”

Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte also told the American-Statesman that the rivalry would live on, adding that a big reason for joining the SEC was to bring back some old rivalries.

“We wanted to rekindle old rivalries,” Del Conte said. “Whether it’s Arkansas or A&M or Oklahoma. Those matter to all of us. Fans cherish those games. It’s important for us to play Oklahoma in Dallas at the State Fair. That’s what makes college athletics so great generation after generation.”

The Lone Star Showdown, the moniker given to the Texas-Texas A&M football game, could also become an annual meeting once again, as long as the SEC’s new scheduling formula allows for it.

“I wasn’t a part of it (Texas vs. Texas A&M rivalry), but I grew up watching it on Thanksgiving,” Del Conte said. “It was ingrained in both fan bases’ psyches for hundreds of years. To me, OU not playing Nebraska is crazy. For us to go to the SEC with a chance to play Arkansas and A&M and continue our rivalry with OU is icing on the cake.”

“It just depends on the format,” Castiglione said of the Longhorns and Aggies renewing an annual rivalry. “There’s some discussion about that, but I don’t know if that would be possible. But the Red River rivalry, that will continue. Neither one of us would let anything happen to that. There’s not even a question about it.”

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.c...nually-in-sec/
                    Not exactly news…that was one of the conditions OU and Texas had for joining the SEC…..RRR must continue.

And as you’d expect it wasn’t controversial. SEC wanted it too.

Comment

No offense, because I know OU has no say in the SEC, but if the SEC stays at 8 conf games with a 16 team conf they are the biggest bunch of pussies ever.

EVER.
                      We are going to 9 games. Kentucky or whoever else is proposing staying at 8 do not have the votes to support it.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBeachBum68 View Post

We are going to 9 games. Kentucky or whoever else is proposing staying at 8 do not have the votes to support it.
                        Meh, 8 or 9 games don’t make the SEC “pussies”…

It will not make a difference if 4 conf games or 10. Results will be the same no matter.com.

However, most would rather it be ALL SEC games and a P5 OOC power house from a different conference mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post

Meh, 8 or 9 games don’t make the SEC “pussies”…

It will not make a difference if 4 conf games or 10. Results will be the same no matter.com.

However, most would rather it be ALL SEC games and a P5 OOC power house from a different conference mixed in.
                          Uh, "results will be the same no matter" is mathematically incorrect. The middle/lower teams of the SEC have benefited greatly from an 8 game conf schedule for a looong time. Last year you all put 13 of 14 teams in a bowl. And then the SEC brags about that. (probably because most SEC fans can't do the math). But the reality is, if you'd have played a 9 game schedule at least 4-5 teams don't make a bowl. so you'd have maybe 8 or 9 in a bowl out of 14. Which puts in you line with or below the rest of the conferences. I mean you had 9 teams with .500 or below conference records that went to a bowl.

So yeah, the 8 team deal makes a difference. If you want to argue it didn't make a difference at the very top, I agree. But again, once you're past the top couple of SEC teams, it's the same as the rest of the world. They just use the 8 game deal to make them appear better. Pussies.

Comment

Uh, "results will be the same no matter" is mathematically incorrect. The middle/lower teams of the SEC have benefited greatly from an 8 game conf schedule for a looong time. Last year you all put 13 of 14 teams in a bowl. And then the SEC brags about that. (probably because most SEC fans can't do the math). But the reality is, if you'd have played a 9 game schedule at least 4-5 teams don't make a bowl. so you'd have maybe 8 or 9 in a bowl out of 14. Which puts in you line with or below the rest of the conferences. I mean you had 9 teams with .500 or below conference records that went to a bowl.

So yeah, the 8 team deal makes a difference. If you want to argue it didn't make a difference at the very top, I agree. But again, once you're past the top couple of SEC teams, it's the same as the rest of the world. They just use the 8 game deal to make them appear better. Pussies.
                            A good poster that I can converse with, keef. Giv me a second and I will answer

Comment

It is correct.

The SEC in the “Covid year” played a 10 team all conference schedule. And won the NC.

IOW, play 8 conf or 10, why do you think or anyone else think an 8 makes any difference???

To believe a 9 conference game will end the SEC reign on college football is FS, at best.

Dont be stoopid. Or more appropriate for you internet figs, ignorant.
                              Last edited by SEC; 06-29-2022, 10:42 PM.

Comment

It is correct.

The SEC in the “Covid year” played a 10 team all conference schedule. And won the NC.

IOW, play 8 conf or 10, why do you think or anyone else think an 8 makes any difference???

To believe a 9 conference game will end the SEC reign on college football is FS, at best.

Dont be stoopid.
                                It’s been a snowball effect through the years for the sec. Not knocking it. Great marketing, great 8 team conf schedule, top teams never playing a real OOC road game. Pounding chest about how strong the sec is top to bottom. Rinse repeat. The top has been exceptional. That wouldn’t change. But this myth that the rest of the big 12 and the rest of the sec are different is just that. Myth. But you’ve pulled this shit for so long some recruits buy that the middle and bottom of the conf are better than they really are.

that’s probably the biggest reason I’d like all conferences to agree on a standard of play. 8, 9, 19, whatever. Just have a standard.

Comment

It’s been a snowball effect through the years for the sec. Not knocking it. Great marketing, great 8 team conf schedule, top teams never playing a real OOC road game. Pounding chest about how strong the sec is top to bottom. Rinse repeat. The top has been exceptional. That wouldn’t change. But this myth that the rest of the big 12 and the rest of the sec are different is just that. Myth. But you’ve pulled this shit for so long some recruits buy that the middle and bottom of the conf are better than they really are.

that’s probably the biggest reason I’d like all conferences to agree on a standard of play. 8, 9, 19, whatever. Just have a standard.
                                  Well, I can’t argue with that. Would make absolutely no difference. And hope you know that. Bama and GA and the like would still have the same outcome, 4 conf games or 10. Vanderbilt or SC wouldn’t stop or make a difference in the outcome js because they were on the schedule. Not even a more foe. Let’s get real.

Comment

Well, I can’t argue with that. Would make absolutely no difference. And hope you know that. Bama and GA and the like would still have the same outcome, 4 conf games or 10. Vanderbilt or SC wouldn’t stop or make a difference in the outcome js because they were on the schedule. Not even a more foe. Let’s get real.
                                    I’ve literally said the same about the top teams. You admit the middle and bottom would suffer though yes? Let’s get real. The middle and bottom has been propped up some by the 8 game schedule.

here’s what I know: with an 8 game schedule last year tcu and even lowly texass make a bowl game.

Comment

I’ve literally said the same about the top teams. You admit the middle and bottom would suffer though yes? Let’s get real. The middle and bottom has been propped up some by the 8 game schedule.

here’s what I know: with an 8 game schedule last year tcu and even lowly texass make a bowl game.
                                      I think the lower tier would rather have 8 vs 9 so yes on that note.

Comment

You're an idiot.

In 2021-22:
                                        Of Oklahoma State's 18 varsity sports, 13 produced top-20 national finishes and six produced top-10 national finishes.
                                        For the eighth time in the last nine years, Oklahoma State won the all-sports OU/OSU Series.
                                        Oklahoma State produced 40 All-Americans across 14 sports in 2021-22.
                                        Five OSU student-athletes earned a Big 12 Player of the Year honor in their respective sport.

But yeah, we should pretend that we are at the G5 level. Partner, I do appreciate the attempt.
                                        If it ain’t football it doesn’t count Keef. Suck it Patti Gasso

Comment

A top 10/20 national finish in Tiddlywinks is meaningless and it doesn't pay the bills. That's why football is King.

After OU and Texas depart for the SEC, the new WAC 12's value will likely be cut in half. If the new Commissioner could squeeze 25 to 30 million dollars from the legacy networks, it would be a win for the WAC 12. The conference will have to seek additional revenue sources to remain relevant as a G5/G6 football conference.

WAC 12 better hope the King of college football coverage doesn't kick them to the curb. I don't see Apple, Netflix or Amazon Prime throwing a Life Jacket to the conference.

Finally, WAC 12 fans better hope Brett Yormark turns out to be a home run hire and not another Steve Patterson.

Comment

Took him several tries but I think he finally got it.

Comment

A top 10/20 national finish in Tiddlywinks is meaningless and it doesn't pay the bills. That's why football is King.

After OU and Texas depart for the SEC, the new WAC 12's value will likely be cut in half. If the new Commissioner could squeeze 25 to 30 million dollars from the legacy networks, it would be a win for the WAC 12. The conference will have to seek additional revenue sources to remain relevant as a G5/G6 football conference.

WAC 12 better hope the King of college football coverage doesn't kick them to the curb. I don't see Apple, Netflix or Amazon Prime throwing a Life Jacket to the conference.

Finally, WAC 12 fans better hope Brett Yormark turns out to be a home run hire and not another Steve Patterson.
                                              Great! Then fOSU should be good to go, right? ....seeing how they had the 11th best record in all of P5 college football since 2010. Here are the ONLY teams with better records since then:

Alabama
                                              tOSU
                                              Clemson
                                              OU
                                              LSU
                                              Oregon
                                              Wisc
                                              Stanford
                                              Georgia
                                              FSU

But I understand the new Big 12 is going to take a TV pay cut because of eye balls. I hope you understand that TV revenue doesn't mean fOSU is a G5 though. That's silly. You're silly.

On Edit: Imagine how good our record would have been playing an 8 game conference schedule!

Comment

Great! Then fOSU should be good to go, right? ....seeing how they had the 11th best record in all of P5 college football since 2010. Here are the ONLY teams with better records since then:

Alabama
                                                tOSU
                                                Clemson
                                                OU
                                                LSU
                                                Oregon
                                                Wisc
                                                Stanford
                                                Georgia
                                                FSU

But I understand the new Big 12 is going to take a TV pay cut because of eye balls. I hope you understand that TV revenue doesn't mean fOSU is a G5 though. That's silly. You're silly.

On Edit: Imagine how good our record would have been playing an 8 game conference schedule!
                                                Re your edit. You conveniently dismissed OOC games like Popcorn State? You made the case for OSU getting relegated to G5 status. The marketplace/eyeballs made that decision. There are not enough college football fans buying what OSU is selling. Schools like Vanderbilt? I get it. They won the coin flip. They get paid a lot of money to be a punching bag. Life is not always fair.

No. I respectfully disagree. TV revenue matters. Ask Boise State fans. If OSU football had any considerable value they wouldn't have clinged on to OU's coattails for the last 70-80 years. If the remaining P4 conferences believed OSU football could have added meaningful value to their bottom line, they would have offered them an invitation.

That's why OSU football will be stuck in a conference with other G5/G6 schools after the departure of OU and Texas.

Comment

Re your edit. You conveniently dismissed OOC games like Popcorn State? You made the case for OSU getting relegated to G5 status. The marketplace/eyeballs made that decision. There are not enough college football fans buying what OSU is selling. Schools like Vanderbilt? I get it. They won the coin flip. They get paid a lot of money to be a punching bag. Life is not always fair.

No. I respectfully disagree. TV revenue matters. Ask Boise State fans. If OSU football had any considerable value they wouldn't have clinged on to OU's coattails for the last 70-80 years. If the remaining P4 conferences believed OSU football could have added meaningful value to their bottom line, they would have offered them an invitation.

That's why OSU football will be stuck in a conference with other G5/G6 schools after the departure of OU and Texas.
                                                  Because of TV revenue? I understand those with more money "should" be the better team on the field. But if that were the case, texass and aTm would win a LOT more often. So should Nebraska, Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Tennessee, etc...

But, if you want to play that game, I've said for years on here that the P5 will eventually become an NFL style league, with probably even a smaller number of teams than the NFL unless they change how the revenue is structured. No chance anyone outside the top 10 (maybe) revenue producers are going to be able to compete until they figure out a way to sustain a league of some sort of equability.

So I agree with you that you'll have a top tier and then a 2nd tier that I think fOSU and a lot of others would fall into. That 2nd tier might look more like traditional college football. Then, hopefully the G5 types can do their own thing. But again, I do not believe fOSU is a G5 type school on the field/court/etc....The results prove otherwise.

Comment

keef. Just say suck it Jett.

Comment

It's East Popcorn State.

Comment

Because of TV revenue? I understand those with more money "should" be the better team on the field. But if that were the case, texass and aTm would win a LOT more often. So should Nebraska, Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Tennessee, etc...

But, if you want to play that game, I've said for years on here that the P5 will eventually become an NFL style league, with probably even a smaller number of teams than the NFL unless they change how the revenue is structured. No chance anyone outside the top 10 (maybe) revenue producers are going to be able to compete until they figure out a way to sustain a league of some sort of equability.

So I agree with you that you'll have a top tier and then a 2nd tier that I think fOSU and a lot of others would fall into. That 2nd tier might look more like traditional college football. Then, hopefully the G5 types can do their own thing. But again, I do not believe fOSU is a G5 type school on the field/court/etc....The results prove otherwise.
                                                        I understand your point of view. No amount of money can overcome dysfunction (Texas) and mismanagement. Howard S and John Blake?

In my opinion, 2nd tier and G5 mean the same thing. Why should schools like OSU and Boise State get elevated into tier one status when they can't attract enough eyeballs to make it financially worthwhile? You can't browbeat fans to watch your team.

ESPN has been allowed to create a false market off the backs of cable subscribers who don't give a Dayum about college football. That world is quickly changing. I put my streaming account on hold for 6 months after college football season ends.

When I was in my 20s I would spend my entire Saturday watching college football. That's no longer the case. I won't waste my time watching OU play Popcorn State on PPV. I am certainly not going to spend 3 hours in front of the tv watching OSU (choose any name) play Kansas State. I stopped paying my (PSL) seat license to watch OU play G5 teams in the WAC 12.

Content used to be King. That is no longer true. Quality content is King. The writing was on the wall. That's why Joe C had to make a move and leave little brother behind.

Comment

I understand your point of view. No amount of money can overcome dysfunction (Texas) and mismanagement. Howard S and John Blake?

In my opinion, 2nd tier and G5 mean the same thing. Why should schools like OSU and Boise State get elevated into tier one status when they can't attract enough eyeballs to make it financially worthwhile? You can't browbeat fans to watch your team.

ESPN has been allowed to create a false market off the backs of cable subscribers who don't give a Dayum about college football. That world is quickly changing. I put my streaming account on hold for 6 months after college football season ends.

When I was in my 20s I would spend my entire Saturday watching college football. That's no longer the case. I won't waste my time watching OU play Popcorn State on PPV. I am certainly not going to spend 3 hours in front of the tv watching OSU (choose any name) play Kansas State. I stopped paying my (PSL) seat license to watch OU play G5 teams in the WAC 12.

Content used to be King. That is no longer true. Quality content is King. The writing was on the wall. That's why Joe C had to make a move and leave little brother behind.
                                                          Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Took him several tries but I think he finally got it.
                                                            TBF, I think we were talking about two different ideas.

Me, the top in the SEC that has won NCS, it wouldn’t matter how many conference games on the schedule, 4-10, don’t matter. They would have still been there…. and still won. As they have. That was my argument. We’ve had a 10 conference schedule and won it all one year in the SEC. Much less 8.

Him, 9 conference games are better for the conference and the lower tier don’t like, they would rather stick to 8..which I agreed.

It is an ongoing argument as we speak with the conference between the schools in the SEC.

Comment

TBF, I think we were talking about two different ideas.

Me, the top in the SEC that has won NCS, it wouldn’t matter how many conference games on the schedule, 4-10, don’t matter. They would have still been there…. and still won. As they have. That was my argument. We’ve had a 10 conference schedule and won it all one year in the SEC. Much less 8.

Him, 9 conference games are better for the conference and the lower tier don’t like, they would rather stick to 8..which I agreed.

It is an ongoing argument as we speak with the conference between the schools in the SEC.
                                                              And that was in his very first post yet it took you several tries to get through. Glad you finally made it.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

And that was in his very first post yet it took you several tries to get through. Glad you finally made it.
                                                                I guess you’re referring to the “once past the top SEC teams”…

that’s the only reference to my argument. Vaguely. Most was what I’ve seen from some other posters and referencing a 9 conf schedule, May make a huge difference in whose in or out. The majority of the post was that. I wasn’t arguing a 9 conference schedule was bad.

Guess what I’m saying, is I agree with him a 9 conference schedule is more difficult and there would be another loss for some. That wasn’t my argument and I guess it comes from going back and forth with some posters saying the Top wouldn’t even be in the playoffs if had a 9 conference schedule. Which is FS. Yes, last year some teams may have not made a bowl game if a 9 conference schedule and I agree. I may have missed the “top teams” from keef, but I have been dealing with other posters arguing against the top.
                                                                Last edited by SEC; 06-30-2022, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

Because they are nothing without us?
                                                                  OSU fans and administration have been trash talking OU for years. Now that they have been downgraded to G status, their lips are sealed. Crickets.

Around this time last year, Kayse was spouting off at the mouth and talking Smack at OU. I am pleased she doesn't want to play OU in any sport.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                  X
                                                                  UA-124223861-1